BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews football legend

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be at all surprise if we are still paying part of his wages.

At 21K a week he would almost certainly be the highest paid Championship player (although perhaps some of Leicester and West Ham's guys getting that much). Am positive we are paying at least half of that. As someone said he's found his level. Was always too good for the lower leagues and not good enough for Prem, a middling Championship team suits him best. Hope the deal gets made permanent, best for all concerned.

One of my wife's cousins is married to an avid Ipswich Town supporter. He's as crazy about them as I am about the Rovers.

I told him that Our Keef will do well for them. I said, "He points a lot".

He replied, "Good. We need an organiser on the field". rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought he'd do very well in the Championship, simply because he was the type of player who in many areas of the game was just below the standard required in this league, and was above it in very few. But lower the bar a few notches, and he's suddenly above average in a lot of categories. That, and having slightly more time on the ball, suddenly makes him a very good player at that level. I think that the tempo was the main issue for him, which might be part of the reason he did better on international duty too.

my god, some of you couldnt wait to get rid of him and just because he is playing well AT HIS LEVEL then you all want him back, no thanks, been there and done that, wasnt good enough, good luck in your career, see you in the next life.

Well I think I'm one of the only ones to say I'd have him back, and I said when he left I'd have had no problem with him staying. As a squad player. For times when our holding midfielders were sparse. Like now.

• Backroom

Always thought Keith would do well in the Championship - wouldn't want him back here but glad to see he's found his level. With performances like those you can see, in some ways, why Ince thought he might be able to make it at Premier League level. Unfortunately the step up just seems to be a little too much for him.

yes i agree braddock, as a squad player, like for tommorow's game for example but he should be in noway a regular.

So you are slating people for wanting him back but concede he'd play a part sometimes? I think he'd be ahead of Petrovic right now because of his lack of experience and Prem match fitness. If there's one thing Andrews has it's an engine.

Nobody is demanding he be Rovers midfield maestro, there's just the odd person who think he can make some form of contribution.

Archived