BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews football legend

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people say football fans are fickle....Pffft!

Considering the players we've been linked with recently, Papakouli Diop, Stephen Appiah etc, it is perfectly reasonable to want Andrews back at Ewood. There are fans that didn't even want him out in the first place, I'm one of them.I certainly don't trust Kean/Venkys to replace him with someone better.

Our center midfield has not looked good this season, and Andrews is currently both 1)injury free and 2)in very good form. He would probably have a good chance at becoming an instant first team regular if he returned.

As someone else said, he should also be highly motivated to perform with the European Championship coming up in the summer.

Andrews is no better than what we already have. Yes, he's having a good spell of form in a struggling Ipswich side. I'm sure Pedersen would look the bees knees there as well.

People are grasping at straws here.

He would probably have a good chance at becoming an instant first team regular if he returned.

This tells you everything you need to know about Rovers on field problems.

I've got nothing against the man and i felt his shabby treatment from the home faithful was appalling at times. But the fact remains he isn't good enough. I hope for his own sake he stays well away from Rovers. He's doing very nicely at his own level. Why bugger it all up by returning to aid our freefall and shatter his confidence.

Good luck to you Mr Andrews.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For those who don't know, Keith was not required by Bolton (well they are doing so well aren't they) so has been sent on loan to Brighton.

Since his first start they haven't scored in 3 games and are plummeting down the league.

Just saying.

He'll be retiring soon anyway. Just as well if Shabby Thing is back as rumoured.

Not sure why you've brought Andrews back up, i'd rather have Dunny on 1 leg than Andrews back at the club.

It wasn't Andrews fault he was useless and kept getting picked week in week out by the way, the lad did nothing wrong.

• Backroom

Is he better or worse than marrow? Both look like busy midfielders who will try hard but aren't that talented

He's made a good living from his lack of talent though so fair play to him

Is he better or worse than marrow? Both look like busy midfielders who will try hard but aren't that talented

He's made a good living from his lack of talent though so fair play to him

Not simply a lack of talent Tom.... more a lack of Premier League level talent.

Always grateful to Andrews for a scoring a last-minute equaliser in a 2-2 draw away to West Brom. My Baggies-supporting friend sitting next to me was distraught.

Andrews was a limited player but often took undeserved criticism from supporters. The same fools have got their knives into Lowe now.

For those who don't know, Keith was not required by Bolton (well they are doing so well aren't they) so has been sent on loan to Brighton.

Since his first start they haven't scored in 3 games and are plummeting down the league.

Just saying.

He'll be retiring soon anyway. Just as well if Shabby Thing is back as rumoured.

Where he has only played two - as the third match was v bolton, who he is on loan from. Brighton also had their main forward suspended for 3 matches and the others injured.

Although Andrews isn't the best of players, very average at best. I find it hard to blame ONE player for a TEAM not scoring goals.

I always liked him...........largely because he took some terrible stick. He's still unappreciated:

"It came as a bit of a bolt out of the blue as I featured heavily in pre-season. It's all been a little bit strange.

"It was a decision they made and they obviously made it very clear I wasn't wanted at the football club."

After featuring in both of Bolton's opening fixtures of the season, Andrews became aware of Brighton's interest on Thursday afternoon.

"From there it happened very quickly and I arrived in Brighton on Friday evening," the Republic of Ireland international added.

"Nobody really had the decency to even phone me as I was leaving."

"I think I deserve a little bit more respect than that, I suppose. I always felt I'd done things well at that club, been very professional and treated people like I like to be treated.

"To end on that note was a bit sour but you can't be surprised by anything in football."

Archived