BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews football legend

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Andrews is a tryer but he is not premier league standard. full stop.

Steve Kean's excuse for dropping Keith from the team just goes to show SK's ineptidtude as a manager. What's wrong with telling Keith that he just isn't good enough? People should think about Keith's revelation in more depth - Kean blaming the fans before the protests, before this season, before the relegation escape, before we were even in the relegation zone. When will people wake up?

If that's your justification for booing Andrews then I await the catcalls next time Goodwillie steps on the pitch.

Never booed Keith or any other player. He's not good enough for the prem though and Goodwillie will never be good enough either. IMO steve kean's considered actions and statements to Keith Andrews are aqn absolute disgrace. Why did he not simply tell Keith that he was not good enough? Why did he just blame the fans? And this was BEFORE any protests or real problems on the pitch. sk is a disgrace and even Keith Andrews agrees with the fans. Does that not speak volumes?

I am just wondering SK said he took Andrews out of the firing line for his own good so by that logic would it be possible to take coco out of the firing line for his own good and we get a proper manager?. This whole episode shows coco to the most inept clueless individual to have ever come to this club given that a world class manager like Trapattoni seems to manage him quite well even Jewell seems to handle him fine. I think though Dunn is being a bit unfair about hounding him out and I don't want to get into an argument about sam & coco but I have to say even Sam knew Roberts was not good enough for this level but he handled that situation perfectly and knew how to deal with players and would have done things different not that I am advocating not sacking Sam but like many thought it a ridiculous to appoint the tea boy also he lied again I thought he said even the players he didn't buy he classes as his own players and is 100% behind them so yet more lies from the clown.

Andrews was a decent player for MK Dons. He came here and he was one of the poorest players to wear the blue and white halves in my opinion. He's since gone down a league and appears to be shining again. He just couldn't cut it in the premier league.

That said there's talk of him going to Wolves next month.

He will end up taking a lot of plaudits at Swansea. Just like he does with the ROI. He will also probably be in the Prem next year unlike us.

That's another manager to add to the list of people ago think he can cut it at the top level.

Yes, but you and me along with thousands of others who have actually seen him play in the prem, know differently don't we Bucky?

"WalesOnline understands no such deal has been concluded despite definite interest from Brendan Rodgers' side.

It is understood any deal is unlikely to involve a transfer fee, with struggling Rovers keen to off-load out-of-favour Andrews, who is on big wages at Ewood Park."

£2m for Andrews? That's fantastic business! Got a link?

At last, some good news! :)

"WalesOnline understands no such deal has been concluded..... It is understood any deal is unlikely to involve a transfer fee"

:lol:

Sorry Jisty, Rovers don't do good news anymore.

"WalesOnline understands no such deal has been concluded despite definite interest from Brendan Rodgers' side.

It is understood any deal is unlikely to involve a transfer fee, with struggling Rovers keen to off-load out-of-favour Andrews, who is on big wages at Ewood Park."

"Unlikely to involve a transfer fee"..."Keen to off-load"...

With the thin squad we have, that would be a definite no go. To have Andrews available for selection would add much needed depth, so he should definitely not be given away. I hope it's not true. If the Venky's are indeed so cheap that it's considered a must to have a threadbare squad, Loaning Petrovic out with an option to buy would be a better option.

Yes, but you and me along with thousands of others who have actually seen him play in the prem, know differently don't we Bucky?

Well actually no. I think he would have been a very useful player to us over the last few weeks.

That by definition makes him a premiership player, the fact that a premiership club have now signed him and also the fact he will be playing in Euro 2012 means we have basically pi55ed money away.

He will have a cracking game or two at Euro 2012. That will obviously happen.

How on earth did that happen?

For all John Williams' strong points, I'm amazed at how quickly he was prepared to offer average players long contracts on high wages.

IF he performed like he is now at Premier League level, those wages would be justified.

We should be keeping hold now. I can understand why he doesn't want to be here, and I'm part responsible for it. (Hated the guy before he left for Ipswich.) And £2m is a steal. Venky's seeing Pound-signs. Again.

IMO, Andrews was surplus to requirements when loaned out, as he did seem the 'weakest' of our midfield at that time. The subsequent transfers in, transfers out and injuries would definately promote him to, and be a valuable part of the first team squad! Just take Salgado's performance on Sunday!

Well actually no. I think he would have been a very useful player to us over the last few weeks.

That by definition makes him a premiership player, the fact that a premiership club have now signed him and also the fact he will be playing in Euro 2012 means we have basically pi55ed money away.

He will have a cracking game or two at Euro 2012. That will obviously happen.

If there's any business sense left in the club we should keep him over Euro 2012 and let him advertise himself there. Would probably rack up the interest (and price) considerably.

ALWAYS hated Andrews not going to lie about it, BUT would take him back in a heartbeat! hes found form, hes scoring goals hes got euro championships coming up and will want to prove a point to get a starting place, from the shower of sh!t centre mid performances I have seen from our current ones this guy would be 1st name on the team sheet for a centre mid start. Might be a little bit of something we need.

Archived