BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

Those are the facts that I used. All you are using is opinion based speculation and conjecture. I realise it's early days and a couple of wins will change the prediction massively but have you seen our upcoming home fixtures?

even more so would mark Hughes.

so you use stats and they are facts. I use the EXACT same ones and they are opinions...mmm lol. There is as much chance of rovers finishing with 10 points as arsenal have of 38. :blush:

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

And that REALLY IS putting it mildly!! As far as I could see (especially 2nd half) we just didn't HAVE any tactics. :wacko:

Agreed re: 2nd half.

I remember in the first half watching 3 or 4 of our players running beside each other on the attack... it looked sort of exciting but also like playground stuff. The players seemed to lack any real direction.

Goodwillie had cramp in his hamstrings, he apparently was not injured and hence played the full match.

Hamstring Cramp after 10 minutes of play?? Even I can go 25 minutes ! Certainly that underscores his lack of match fitness.

(If the extra half stone he carries around in his midsection wasn't enough evidence).

Good post Veevs. I agree with all of that.

Before KO, I said that there wasn't a tackle in that midfield - and there wasn't. A lot of our fans were impressed with the team selection, based on it's attacking abilities. Football away from home can't be played like that - unless you're arsenal or Man Utd.

If I had to sum up in one word how I see the teams that Ince, Kidd and Kean put out, it would be "lightweight". They all seemed to think that we could take on the rest of the Premier League and pass them off the park. None of these guys have put out a side with real "balls".

Have to agree. The issue is workrate and shape. We struggled with this last season before Jermaine Jones turned up and he seemed to galvanise the side and everything got more organised and subsequently we looked quite good on this. Currently we are just not setting ourselves up in a way that makes it difficult for the opposition to try and play through us.

If we want to be a solid team then we need players who are going to hold the shape and be able to physically compete. As it stands Nzonzi is our only player in the midfield whoy seems capable of that and he is off the boil again.

The problem is really we have too many of these small attacking flair players. We need more strength on the park. I suppose to try and get this together we could go:-

-------------------Yakubu

------------------Rochina

Olsson----Grella----Nzonzi-----Hoilett

-----Givet---Dann---Samba---Salgado

-----------------Robinson

Geting someone like Grella in there who is aggressive is key in my opinion. Nzonzi and Petrovic have talent but are too meek to lead a side which really needs to battle. Really instead of bringin in Vukcevic we should have signed a J Jones or equivailent - little need for him (talented as he is) - if it was fel thtat Rochina, Formica, Hoilett were good enough.

Didn't Goodie play midweek for Scotland though? All the more reason why he SHOULDN'T have started.

I hope kean didn't pick him because the fans were so mad about him not starting for the everton game (same goes for formica).

Pick the team that has the best chance of winning that game. That's your job, mr. manager.

• Backroom

Didn't Goodie play midweek for Scotland though? All the more reason why he SHOULDN'T have started.

I hope kean didn't pick him because the fans were so mad about him not starting for the everton game (same goes for formica).

Pick the team that has the best chance of winning that game. That's your job, mr. manager.

Kean wouldn't know his best team if it jumped up and bit him on the arse!

noone can see we played well, we didnt, had we played against a higher calibre premierleague team, we would have lost and the people on here saying it was a positive result yesterday wouldnt have been fooled by the fact that we got a point because we would have been beaten.

Why? Young lad earning thousands and thousands pounds a week and you think he shouldn't play 2 games in a week! Bloody nora I wish I could do that !

Mighty odd from a team that is run by a 'trained' coach imo. His tactics are abysmal, his man management similar so if he can't play to his own strengths and keep the team fit then what can he do?

If it's true and they only "train " a hour a day then that is truly outrageous and this shows complete ineptness on kean , coaches and the V's

Why? Young lad earning thousands and thousands pounds a week and you think he shouldn't play 2 games in a week! Bloody nora I wish I could do that !

If it's true and they only "train " a hour a day then that is truly outrageous and this shows complete ineptness on kean , coaches and the V's

Your body doesn't know how much money you make. It was his first big debut for his country, so I have no doubt that his nerves were going crazy and that his body probably took a much bigger physical hit than it normally would.

Not taking anything away from him, as he ran his socks (and his calf and thigh muscles) off.

You could say slightly bad fitness coaching for him to be tired, but moreso just bad management for starting him for the game.

Your body doesn't know how much money you make. It was his first big debut for his country, so I have no doubt that his nerves were going crazy and that his body probably took a much bigger physical hit than it normally would.

Not taking anything away from him, as he ran his socks (and his calf and thigh muscles) off.

You could say slightly bad fitness coaching for him to be tired, but moreso just bad management for starting him for the game.

Ha ha lets put Samba in midfield with a central defence of Nelson/Givet/Dann. Some of his runs forward recently (everton) have seen more attacking flair than all our small creative players put together lol (some proper tackling rigger in midfield). If sam can play him as a striker steve can play him in midfield!!!

Texas, so what if it was his debut for his country . When I made my debut for my country I was back in work the day after on a 12 hour shift and then went and trained after that too. IWhy (not defending Jean btw) is it bad management for expecting a professional athlete to play two games Ffs ! Pampered prem players!

Totally down-hearted with the events at Ewood over the last year. I don't think I've ever been this low and I go back to 1961. We've had bad runs in the past but I could see a way out, hard to see one at the moment. I won't be watching or listening to the game I'm off to Rochdale Hornets V Oldham Roughyeds in the Rugby League play offs. I'm hoping for at least one of my teams to get a good result. Two wins and I'd be on cloud nine, is it too much to ask ? Come on Rovers, Come on Hornets !

Well, yes, Tyrone; it was too much to ask. And I guess we both knew in our heart of hearts which one would be less likely to do the business - would that Rovers had a Stankevitch.

S'pose 1 out of 2 ain't too bad, eh? At least we got a point.

:rover: our full backs are a big problem this season,i would play 3 centre backs and have 2 wing backs,ollson on the left ,who we put on the right is a problem though.i would go as far as playing mgp there!!!!why we let emerton go is beyond me :blink::brfc:

:rover: our full backs are a big problem this season,i would play 3 centre backs and have 2 wing backs,ollson on the left ,who we put on the right is a problem though.i would go as far as playing mgp there!!!!why we let emerton go is beyond me :blink::brfc:

Our full backs are'nt the main problem, the main problem is that the wingers are blowing goats and not getting back to cover leaving the full backs with too much to do.

I agree and did before the transfer window that Givet and Salgado were not good enough in those positions but Kean did'nt see it as a problem, also agree about Emerton, pathetic decision to let him go.

Exactly. Do you suspect as I do that someone somewhere might be on commission for all these Carlos Kickaball signings? <_<

Was 9/11 an inside job, as well? Man, you love your conspiracies.

What do you chalk Sam's right-back fetish down to?

emerton was let go for family reasons! you cant blame kean for everything :rolleyes:

Well according to Bert himself in a radio interview, the reason he wanted to go was because he had decided that it was now a good time to get the kids into an Australian school.

Sorry, I think there was more to it than "family reasons". Into the season and 1 week before the end of the transfer window? Not convinced myself.

Well according to Bert himself in a radio interview, the reason he wanted to go was because he had decided that it was now a good time to get the kids into an Australian school.

Sorry, I think there was more to it than "family reasons". 1 week before the end of the transfer window? Not convinced myself.

He got home from training one day and saw Ryan Giggs sneaking out of his bedroom window.

I still can't figure out why Olsson keeps taking the freekicks. Surely there must be someone better than him at it in this team. Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic, Dunn? Come to think of it, I'm sure Robbo would be a decent freekick taker :D

Archived