BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean for QPR

He's bound to be their no 1 target for the job with all those references from top managers saying what a "marvellous job" he is doing!

Actually might be the only way of getting rid of him if somebody somewhere (I can't think where) actually does think he is doing a "marvellous job" and offers him more money than Rovers as I'm sure he would be off like a shot.

Most, if not all the rovers fans are confused with Kean being promoted to first team manager. There is however one other scenario that I haven't seen discussed.

That's the scenario where Kean was never intended to be a replacement manager. It could well be that Anderson sold the Raos a vision of a club where he would supply the players, Kean would only be needed to coach the players and the Raos would manage the club. In other words, the football manager as we know it would cease to exist.

That would help explain quite a few questions/decisions. It would explain how a coach came into the position that he is now in. It would explain exactly why Sam never stood a chance. It would explain why JW, TF and just about every other middle man weren't needed any more. It would explain why Mrs D made the comment that JW would be OK if he toed the line. It would explain that Kean was always intended to be the go-between.

So to sum up - JA provides all the players, Kean to coach them and the Raos to manage the club on a day to day basis, making all the decisions. Of course, it could also be the case that the Raos, having at last realised that the plan was failing, have rid rovers of JA's input, leaving us high and dry as we undoubtedly flounder with no plan at all.

You could see the attraction to the Raos. Slimline staffing, cutting running costs and simple ideas. If that was the plan, and it would have been a first in English football, you have to say the mistake wasn't Kean, it was the plan.

Steve Kean is the only person who has managed to explain the difference between cricket and football to Mrs D.

She now thinks that in football the lowest score wins.

Philip,

Good to see you back, as for The Desai womans knowledge of football, she thought a drop ball was a hernia!!!

You could see the attraction to the Raos. Slimline staffing, cutting running costs and simple ideas. If that was the plan, and it would have been a first in English football, you have to say the mistake wasn't Kean, it was the plan.

... and waving to their adoring fans from the Directors' Box.

I'm staggered that they haven't put the club on the market. Their incursion into football has been a colossal failure, it could lose them a hell of a llot fo money over the next few years. So why don't they just bloody sell??

Most, if not all the rovers fans are confused with Kean being promoted to first team manager. There is however one other scenario that I haven't seen discussed.

That's the scenario where Kean was never intended to be a replacement manager. It could well be that Anderson sold the Raos a vision of a club where he would supply the players, Kean would only be needed to coach the players and the Raos would manage the club. In other words, the football manager as we know it would cease to exist.

That would help explain quite a few questions/decisions. It would explain how a coach came into the position that he is now in. It would explain exactly why Sam never stood a chance. It would explain why JW, TF and just about every other middle man weren't needed any more. It would explain why Mrs D made the comment that JW would be OK if he toed the line. It would explain that Kean was always intended to be the go-between.

So to sum up - JA provides all the players, Kean to coach them and the Raos to manage the club on a day to day basis, making all the decisions. Of course, it could also be the case that the Raos, having at last realised that the plan was failing, have rid rovers of JA's input, leaving us high and dry as we undoubtedly flounder with no plan at all.

The most expensive game of football manager ever but without the ability to start again.

and..........

Kean was taking his trips to India right from the off, while JW was still in place - which suggests that he [Kean] knew what this new plan was all along.

Seems to me that JW, TF and the rest of 'em were never in the plans. Only question remaining is when [if true] did Kean know what was happening? I could guess that it was before he was promoted. Maybe well before.

All guesswork, but it certainly adds up.

and..........

Kean was taking his trips to India right from the off, while JW was still in place - which suggests that he [Kean] knew what this new plan was all along.

Seems to me that JW, TF and the rest of 'em were never in the plans. Only question remaining is when [if true] did Kean know what was happening? I could guess that it was before he was promoted. Maybe well before.

All guesswork, but it certainly adds up.

In my opinion, I have to say, you are almost 100% correct!!

So they phone Kean and give him the team sheet before each game? Sounds very far fetched but it could also explain odd substitutions during the game particularly at seemingly set times, e.g. 75 minute and beyond. Pre-arranged?

Wow, just when I thought we were all conspiracied-out!

If that was the plan, and it would have been a first in English football, you have to say the mistake wasn't Kean, it was the plan.

To be fair, it's the same model most European teams use, with a head coach being in charge of tactics and someone else above him buying the players.

The main difference is that the person doing the picking wasn't a club employee but an agent. External agents being paid to select talented recruitments is common place outside of football, so this wouldn't sound as strange to Venky's as it does to us.

I think a good manager could have this group of players higher in the table than Kean does. It should have been immediately obvious that Kean wasn't the man to take charge of a team of players he hasn't picked when he took a top 10 team that Allardyce had assembled to the brink of relegation.

So they phone Kean and give him the team sheet before each game? Sounds very far fetched but it could also explain odd substitutions during the game particularly at seemingly set times, e.g. 75 minute and beyond. Pre-arranged?

No Stuart. I'm not saying anything like that. I'm offering a suggestion that explains why and how Kean was appointed - and why JW,TF etc were never in the plans. That's an idea that's not been mooted on here before [as far as I'm aware]. I'm also offering that people think about when this idea was hatched and who was involved.

To be fair, it's the same model most European teams use, with a head coach being in charge of tactics and someone else above him buying the players.

The main difference is that the person doing the picking wasn't a club employee but an agent.

The intrigueing question is who was involved - and the timings.

If this was the scenario LeChuck, it was an intentional, pre planned excercise that was badly thought out, poorly executed, and one that's left the club with no structure to fall back on. No wonder they've retreated to their bunker. I doubt these European clubs that you rightly mention went about their structures/restructuring in the same damaging way that the Raos have done here. I doubt that they left the future of the club balanced on the football intelligence of a man who it's been said couldn't pick his nose.

Archived