BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

And now we find out that Mrs Desai bypassed one of the league's most respected chairman and gave the job of handing out new contracts to a football agent.

So, who got new deals? Jason Roberts? Michel Salgado? Ryan Nelson? We suddenly find we can't afford to pay them now. Phil Jones? Though his release clause was increased from £8 million to £16.5 million! Really? I didn't know that! Where's the evidence? It will hopefully come out in the inquiry.

Morten Gamst Pederse? Did his performance warrant a bumper contract?

Who was watching the budget??? The man who had overseen it successfully for a decade or a football agent with no executive responsibility?! This at a club with wages to turnover ratio of 90%.

Mr Anderson says he slept at the training ground for the month of January. He handed out new contracts to the senior players. A football agent! You couldn't make it up FFS!

John Williams left in early February.

Mrs Desai said that JW had found it difficult to accept Jerome's role at the club.

No ######!

If that wasn't constructive dismissal, I don't know what is.

There's no getting away from the fact that the Raos' are mindboggingly stupid.

If you read their offer document they also couldn't lie straight in bed.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought for the day :-

Salgado - reportedly wanted in China

Samba - reportedly wanted by at least 4 clubs - incl top 4

Nzonzi - reportedly wanted by three clubs - incl top 4

Hoilett - reportedly wanted by five clubs - incl top 4

Andrews - surprisingly wanted by Premiership clubs

Yakubu - wanted by at least 1 other premiership club

Formica - reportedly wanted by at least three clubs abroad

Rochina - reportedly wanted back on Spain

I am sure that other players would also attract interest. Given the quality of player that other clubs obviously think we have - have the owners never pondered where the weak link is at the club ? Or do they believe everything that JA says - and just blame the fans who have supported the club through thick and thin ?

Any asset stripped exercise must attract the attention of the football authorities. Would they be so blatant ?

How so? I'm sure that in the beginning the Venkeys thought that they could turn us into a top european club, why shouldn't they when a certain 'Finder' will have convinced them of that? However now the chickens have flown home to roost and we are in the sh1t I can't help but recall the phrase which I understand was repeated over and again to the Venkeymob during negotiations "whatever happens you cannot lose financially".

As for the 'Football authorities'?...

No one will argue that the best players will want out should we be relegated.

No one will argue that a Championship club cannot pay Prem wages to players and staff and must take steps accordingly.

Who could argue with administrative charges spirited away to India and salted out of the parachute payments?

Who could argue that we could no longer afford the Academy and facilities at Brockhall? (I'm no expert and somebody may help out here but whilst planning permission would be difficult down the hill, I'd wager the top pitches and the Academy itself could be sold for housing development.)

If we were to go into receivership the club would be docked points. How would that affect the Venkeymob's get out route?

I'm sure a good team of accountants could work their way around a few old boffers at Prem League HQ.

The basic problem was that the Trust sold the club way too cheaply. The sale of just two players sold has wiped that out. If they had stuck out for a relevent sum 'Plan B' would have been so much harder to achieve.

Looks pretty clear now that Nicko has been in the pockets of Keans agent all along.

Not at first I dion't think. Reading between the lines I think the body swerve by Nicko happened over New Year 11. That was imo when he was 'got at'. No doubt when Dick Dastardly realised how much influence Alan Nixon had over the supporters. What he didn't realise was that Nicko is not clever enough to be a double agent and he blew his own cover by the 9th January. Thank God an ancestor of his wasn't in charge of operations when we napped the Nazi's Enigma machine. :rolleyes:

The basic problem was that the Trust sold the club way too cheaply. The sale of just two players sold has wiped that out. If they had stuck out for a relevent sum 'Plan B' would have been so much harder to achieve.

And they wouldn't have sold it.

So basically we are completely doomed. What/who can save us? The F.A.? John Williams? We need someone to find out what is actually going on. All these thoughts people have and the conspiracy theory's don't seem too far fetched at all anymore. The JA thing on sky is especially baffling.

So basically we are completely doomed. What/who can save us? The F.A.? John Williams? We need someone to find out what is actually going on. All these thoughts people have and the conspiracy theory's don't seem too far fetched at all anymore. The JA thing on sky is especially baffling.

Andersons interview seems to be part of an exit strategy plan laying the ground for him, his son, and his client and shift the blame onto the fans.

How we, Blackburn town and the supporters of Blackburn Rovers as a whole have been taken in and made to look like absolute fools is the hardest thing to take and one that we should never ever forget about these cunning barstewards.

. . .

Mr Anderson says he slept at the training ground for the month of January. He handed out new contracts to the senior players. A football agent! You couldn't make it up FFS!

John Williams left in early February.

Mrs Desai said that JW had found it difficult to accept Jerome's role at the club.

No ######!

If that wasn't constructive dismissal, I don't know what is.

There's no getting away from the fact that the Raos' are mindboggingly stupid.

The Raos have been abysmal failures. The only question is will they act to correct their mistakes and save the club or will they asset strip the club? I know which way I'm betting.

Thought for the day :-

Salgado - reportedly wanted in China

Samba - reportedly wanted by at least 4 clubs - incl top 4

Nzonzi - reportedly wanted by three clubs - incl top 4

Hoilett - reportedly wanted by five clubs - incl top 4

Andrews - surprisingly wanted by Premiership clubs

Yakubu - wanted by at least 1 other premiership club

Formica - reportedly wanted by at least three clubs abroad

Rochina - reportedly wanted back on Spain

I am sure that other players would also attract interest. Given the quality of player that other clubs obviously think we have - have the owners never pondered where the weak link is at the club ?

That would require the Raos to engage in rational, logical thought. Perhaps we shouldn't expect too much of them?

Not heard Kean's dulcet tones for 4 days and the site's been down for about 10 hours.

Someone tell me he's gone!

OK, how many others had that pang of excitement when the site first went down earlier on?! I thought "surely not, the wonderful day hasn't finally arrived has it?" Unfortunately I was right. Ho hum.

Latest : The bank has refused to allow Future revenue for next season to be used as part of the debenture on existing debt, Venkys now either put loads of dough in or we are screwed come summer time

Hot air ? Don't think so.

See Glen's post from 'Our Debt' made just about 20 minutes ago. This is, IMO, the crux of the matter.

IMO, this could develop very, very quickly, however, and fortunately, it hasn't today.

I don't think that I need to say anything else about this matter as I'm sure you will all realise how serious this is and the possible implications, IF CORRECT - and all the evidence points to us being in a huge, huge financial hole.

Andersons interview seems to be part of an exit strategy plan laying the ground for him, his son, and his client and shift the blame onto the fans.

How we, Blackburn town and the supporters of Blackburn Rovers as a whole have been taken in and made to look like absolute fools is the hardest thing to take and one that we should never ever forget about these cunning barstewards.

Even with people working hard to organise protests, raising awareness and trying to change things, it all feels so helpless. Kind of like when you receive really bad news and it hits you, you feel mentally paralysed. All the good work Jack did over the years, Brockhall, the acadamy, making us a regular top flight team etc could all be gone sooner rather than later. Just goes to show how well we were run before, that it can so quickly be destroyed.

What hurts the most is, that apart from the fans and people with a local interest, no one cares. If this were a more 'fashionable' club there would a national uproar, it'd be on every back page.

They just need a remake of liar liar

To be fair to Kean - I think he has been stitched up good and proper by our owners on frequent occasions - making it look like he has been lying to us. Of course that doesn't cover up his own good news spin - but I do wonder and what point the worm will turn and start to blame the owners for mess we are in ?

What hurts the most is, that apart from the fans and people with a local interest, no one cares. If this were a more 'fashionable' club there would a national uproar, it'd be on every back page.

Just start a rumour Venky's are buying United - then they would take an interest :angry2:

Just start a rumour Venky's are buying United - then they would take an interest :angry2:

To be fair to Kean - I think he has been stitched up good and proper by our owners on frequent occasions - making it look like he has been lying to us. Of course that doesn't cover up his own good news spin - but I do wonder and what point the worm will turn and start to blame the owners for mess we are in ?

When his pay cheque bounces? when all the players that can be sold are sold and he's finished his work?

When his pay cheque bounces? when all the players that can be sold are sold and he's finished his work?

One of the few good things about the money potentially running out... there'd be no reason for him to stick around.

Archived