BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has to be a few renditions of 'Keano for England' tomorrow.

I hope there isn't. He'll spin it to Venkys as the fans thinking he is doing such a fantastic job that he should be doing the top football management job in the country. They'll probably give him another pay rise to keep him.

Kean proved to me once and for all that he is a clueless manager today. He got plan A right and Rovers were doing well, the idiotic decision to take of Formica, replace him with Modeste and go to 4-4-2 nearly cost us the win. Everyone could see it, the players were remonstrating him with but like a clueless idiot he stood there and did nothing.

I should be delighted after Rovers gained a crucial three points, but all I can think of is that we are doomed due to having a manager who is completely and utterly clueless.

• Backroom

You know it's bad when the players - generally not the sharpest tools in the drawer - are having a go at the manager for making stupid decisions. Especially when it's Pedersen :lol:

No wonder so many of the experienced ones have left. You'd have to be young, cowardly or stupid to want to play for Kean knowing he doesn't have a clue what he's doing and will inevitably cause you problems in every game you play.

You asked 3 questions there Emge. If the answer to the first question is no, which it is in reality, then the other two questions don't really need answering.

If Kean wasn't sacked after a 7-1 loss at Arsenal, then there is no way he will be sacked this season.

Yeah, I guess you're probably right about that, unfortunately.

I pretty much gave up the hope of a new manager in november/december anyway... :rolleyes:

Venkys doesnt seem to care about us and Im really struggeling to see some kind of logic to the whole situation!

Anyone just tired of him now? I can't even work up any energy on this subject. The man's a clown shoes, but few outside Ewood realize or care about it and never will. He spins lie after lie, loses game after game, but remains 'dignified' and no one ever scrutinizes him. I just can't be assed with the man anymore. He's literally beneath my contempt.

Having just watched a re run of the game, One incident summed kean up to me, there was a break in play and Pedersen and Orr came over to the touchline to speak to kean ,Pedersen was having a right go about something from his gestures probably positional play and trying to get his point across to Orr and Kean, Kean looked away after 5 seconds and was obviously not listening, put his hands in his pockets and starred blankly away from Pedersen.

Arrogant , clueless and out of his depth

Having just watched a re run of the game, One incident summed kean up to me, there was a break in play and Pedersen and Orr came over to the touchline to speak to kean ,Pedersen was having a right go about something from his gestures probably positional play and trying to get his point across to Orr and Kean, Kean looked away after 5 seconds and was obviously not listening, put his hands in his pockets and starred blankly away from Pedersen.

I saw that at the game, Robinson came 20 yards out of his goal to have a go aswell..

I wonder whether they ever listen to Kean anymore or whether Robinson does the team talks e.g. the pre-match huddle

I saw that at the game, Robinson came 20 yards out of his goal to have a go aswell..

I wonder whether they ever listen to Kean anymore or whether Robinson does the team talks e.g. the pre-match huddle

I have been thinking this too. It seems to me in the games we are doing well in kean generally tries something stupid and nearly always ruins the earlier good work.

Anyone just tired of him now? I can't even work up any energy on this subject. The man's a clown shoes, but few outside Ewood realize or care about it and never will. He spins lie after lie, loses game after game, but remains 'dignified' and no one ever scrutinizes him. I just can't be assed with the man anymore. He's literally beneath my contempt.

I am tried of him, but sadly its more of a tired acceptance that he will always be our manager (at least while Venkys are here) and frankly that's a place i never wanted to be in.

Even the mad world of twitter which, provided a rumour pretty much every day regarding Kean being sacked is now dead. Even though Twitter rumours never actually happened, it at least provided me with some hope that he was not bullet proof.

I am tried of him, but sadly its more of a tired acceptance that he will always be our manager (at least while Venkys are here) and frankly that's a place i never wanted to be in.

Even the mad world of twitter which, provided a rumour pretty much every day regarding Kean being sacked is now dead. Even though Twitter rumours never actually happened, it at least provided me with some hope that he was not bullet proof.

When I heard at the weekend that it was his 46th Premier League game, I had to do a double-take. How this man will ever go on to manage 50 PL games, I... Well, I just don't have the words. Really puts things into perspective.

This has happened numerous times so far this season and Kean always reacts the same and usually 1 of the coaches steps forward and speaks to the players whilst coco looks away. The man has no minerals whatsoever thats why he wants a team of kids because they wont stand up to him.

Our owners have one last roll of the dice to play !

How can they do it ?

Firstly, put Coco on gardening leave until end of season therefore no cash outlay.

Secondly, recruit someone on a short term contract until end of season on low basic by PL standards, however, with £1m bonus to keep Rovers up. Candidates would be Bruce, Curbs, Jones. One of them would jump at that and given that Black is already here, Bruce would be favourite.

Seems like Morgan & Moxley have been reading this thread !

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/235352/Steve-Bruce-1m-bonus-to-rescue-Wolves/

Unfortunately, the boat has sailed now for Rovers and we are stuck with Captain Kean !!!

Fully expect at least two clubs that bit the bullet to survive (Sunderland, QPR) with Wolves just maybe scraping out of it - at least they have tried to remedy the situation.

Archived