BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

xlm, another deluded kean-lover, dont you just love em, i alos notice the 'give kean more time' votes have gone up AFTER the game, makes me wonder if some people on here are from planet earth.

Before the match at 1pm 405 members had voted. 88.40% (358 members) were in favour of sacking the manager and 11.60% (47 members) wanted to "give him more time".

Currently we have received 483 votes, 89.65% (433) of which are in favour of sacking and 10.35% (50) of which are in favour of procrastination.

Thus, we have had 75 further votes for sacking as against just 3 for colonising the moon.

Before the match at 1pm 405 members had voted. 88.40% (358 members) were in favour of sacking the manager and 11.60% (47 members) wanted to "give him more time".

Currently we have received 483 votes, 89.65% (433) of which are in favour of sacking and 10.35% (50) of which are in favour of procrastination.

Thus, we have had 75 further votes for sacking as against just 3 for colonising the moon.

Is it time for another poll?

Suprise, suprise. Yet another spirit-sappingly woeful display under Kean. :rolleyes:

Dis-jointed and dis-orgainsed throughout, it's hard to fathom exactly what the insufferable pilgarlick's strategy was. Whatever his intentions, the game-plan reaped little promise and for him to have the bloody gall to dismiss the pertinent concerns raised in the well-documented "open letter" with such smug, shoulder-shrugging indifference, whilst vowing to channel his focus on delivering more of these "excellent" performances, speaks volumes about the man and his sustained attempts to pull the wool over the supporters eyes. :angry2:

His last remaining backers need to realize that this isn't the beginning of some pie-in-the-sky expansive footballing odyssey. That's just a disingenuos smokescreen cooked-up by Kean and the odious Poultry Barons in an attempt to seduce the more impressionable. The players still lack composure on the ball and although the attack-minded few have been liberated from the defensive responsibilities Big Sam had re-instilled after the disastrous reign of the bog-eyed blunderer Ince (shudder), they still treat the football like a hot potato, never more evident than today's black-hole in footballing basics - when the lads struggled to string three consecutive passes together.

Today's only saving grace is that we were slightly less inept defensively than offensively and of Kean's signings only Dann equipped himself sufficiently. Goodwillie was sub-standard albeit when asked to fulfil a thankless role whilst carrying an apparrent knock. Formica floundered and Rochina was frequently too selfish in possession. Although the way in which he dispatched his goal - with minimal back-lift - was quite brilliant. Petrovic has now featured in two Prem cameo's and looked lethargic and cumbersome in both. Admittedly, it's far too early to be consigning these players to the sh*t-shed and Kean's mis-management is doing them no favours, but to have this many players adjusting to the cut-throat nature of the Prem - at such a turbulent and trying time for the club - can't bode well. It just adds to the audible crescendo of alarm bells.

Kean, well I really am sick to the back teeth of him. Be it his pathetic management of the side, or his toe-curlingly nauseating propaganda - I've had enough. I've had enough of his contempt for the punters whose hard-earned expenditure goes some way to financing his salary. I've had enough of his gormless grasping at straws after yet another wretched performance. I've had enough of Blackburn Rovers Football Club being a laughing stock and in my view Kean is one of the most prominent architects in the clubs demise since it changed hands last year.

I'll hold my hands up, I've never been a fan of the man or the unscrupulous circumstances that saw him promoted beyond his capabilities and, to be brutally honest, I don't think I'll ever be enamoured with him as manager. But at the end of the day it was he who put himself in the firing-line and since he took his bow at home to West Ham last December there has been one constant - his own shortcomings. It's clear the widespread scrutiny is getting to him despite what he claims and I for one don't feel a shred of sympathy for the man - I just wish Venky's would take heed of the MAJORITY and relieve him of his duties, replacing him with somebody better qualified to make their aspirations seem at least a little more plausible.

The season is still in it's infancy and any manager worth his salt could quite easily salvage something credible from the Kean wreckage. I just hope the penny finally drops in Pune.

Its not a minority that want him gone EVERY blackburn site has multiple threads slating him. asking for protests against him. Asking for petitions to get him removed. He has to go. I am worried who would come in but regardless kean and jensen have to go NOW!

SPOT ON ROLO!

Suprise, suprise. Yet another spirit-sappingly woeful display under Kean. :rolleyes:

Dis-jointed and dis-orgainsed throughout, it's hard to fathom exactly what the insufferable pilgarlick's strategy was. Whatever his intentions, the game-plan reaped little promise and for him to have the bloody gall to dismiss the pertinent concerns raised in the well-documented "open letter" with such smug, shoulder-shrugging indifference, whilst vowing to channel his focus on delivering more of these "excellent" performances, speaks volumes about the man and his sustained attempts to pull the wool over the supporters eyes. :angry2:

His last remaining backers need to realize that this isn't the beginning of some pie-in-the-sky expansive footballing odyssey. That's just a disingenuos smokescreen cooked-up by Kean and the odious Poultry Barons in an attempt to seduce the more impressionable. The players still lack composure on the ball and although the attack-minded few have been liberated from the defensive responsibilities Big Sam had re-instilled after the disastrous reign of the bog-eyed blunderer Ince (shudder), they still treat the football like a hot potato, never more evident than today's black-hole in footballing basics - when the lads struggled to string three consecutive passes together.

Today's only saving grace is that we were slightly less inept defensively than offensively and of Kean's signings only Dann equipped himself sufficiently. Goodwillie was sub-standard albeit when asked to fulfil a thankless role whilst carrying an apparrent knock. Formica floundered and Rochina was frequently too selfish in possession. Although the way in which he dispatched his goal - with minimal back-lift - was quite brilliant. Petrovic has now featured in two Prem cameo's and looked lethargic and cumbersome in both. Admittedly, it's far too early to be consigning these players to the sh*t-shed and Kean's mis-management is doing them no favours, but to have this many players adjusting to the cut-throat nature of the Prem - at such a turbulent and trying time for the club - can't bode well. It just adds to the audible crescendo of alarm bells.

Kean, well I really am sick to the back teeth of him. Be it his pathetic management of the side, or his toe-curlingly nauseating propaganda - I've had enough. I've had enough of his contempt for the punters whose hard-earned expenditure goes some way to financing his salary. I've had enough of his gormless grasping at straws after yet another wretched performance. I've had enough of Blackburn Rovers Football Club being a laughing stock and in my view Kean is one of the most prominent architects in the clubs demise since it changed hands last year.

I'll hold my hands up, I've never been a fan of the man or the unscrupulous circumstances that saw him promoted beyond his capabilities and, to be brutally honest, I don't think I'll ever be enamoured with him as manager. But at the end of the day it was he who put himself in the firing-line and since he took his bow at home to West Ham last December there has been one constant - his own shortcomings. It's clear the widespread scrutiny is getting to him despite what he claims and I for one don't feel a shred of sympathy for the man - I just wish Venky's would take heed of the MAJORITY and relieve him of his duties, replacing him with somebody better qualified to make their aspirations seem at least a little more plausible.

The season is still in it's infancy and any manager worth his salt could quite easily salvage something credible from the Kean wreckage. I just hope the penny finally drops in Pune.

Well put. I don't see any pennies dropping anytime soon

I resent this.

I am very much in favor of a joint American-English effort to terraform and colonize the moon. But I am against Kean continuing to serve as Rovers manager. He and Jensen need to be shown the door ASAP.

if kean resigned tommorow and admitted he wasnt up to the job would anyone here have any shred of respect for him or is the damage he has done too great for that?

He should never have accepted the job in the first place - he should never have been offered the job either.

Unless they (Venky's) are BS'ing me (they haven't thus far)

then Kean not getting sacked. He 'retains support if owners'.

More positive news is that I should be interviewing Kean on behalf of this site later this week, will ask him all the important questions, should have more details later today.

More positive news is that I should be interviewing Kean on behalf of this site later this week, will ask him all the important questions, should have more details later today.

Kamy if they are not BS'ing you then we are Championship bound in a similar fashion as Mick mcCarthy did with Sunderland followed by paul Jewell + derby..lowest points total.

• Backroom

Well said.

Not being rude Kamy... but what's the point? He's just going to come out with the same propaganda and bull no matter what question you ask him. He'll spin it to be "positive" and ask for us to give him more time. He'll say the results "will come" and he has the backing of the owners and "the lads".

Archived