BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Everton, Villa and Fulham all relegation fodder?

Whatever you say.

Everton--a very poor side. Fulham--haven't won a game. Wolves-----most people felt they'd struggle before the season began and they were clueless last week.

Villa----good players out, not much in, fans fearing the worst.

All these sides will finish bottom half----unfortunately above us.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton--a very poor side. Fulham--haven't won a game. Wolves-----most people felt they'd struggle before the season began and they were clueless last week.

Villa----good players out, not much in, fans fearing the worst.

All these sides will finish bottom half----unfortunately above us.

It's been self evident.

Wolves are not a good side, they're a poor side. Villa have gone back a long way and they didn't look good at all. That Everton team was, as Andy Cryer said, the worst team he's seen in three years and as for Fulham, they were very poor. We lost to three of them and drew at the other.

Can Venky's not be charged with negligence, because that's what's happening here. Standing back and watching the club go down the pan is disgraceful. And people say they are good business people. Would they stand back and watch their chicken business go bankrupt because of bad management?

I am going to ask him all the important/tough questions and if that upsets him so be it.

It is also a opportunity to for Kean to have a honest and frank interview, where he will be directly communicating to the fans and more importantly addressing issues that are concerning them.

Failing that, fill him with alcohol, plant car keys on him and call the old bill.

Unless they (Venky's) are BS'ing me (they haven't thus far)

then Kean not getting sacked. He 'retains support if owners'.

More positive news is that I should be interviewing Kean on behalf of this site later this week, will ask him all the important questions, should have more details later today.

Will the interview be for the podcast or written word, Kamy?

• Backroom

Shall we have a sweepstake on the number of times he says 'excellent' and 'positive' during the interview?

Ill start with:

Excellent 8 times

Positive 10 times

Do you think he's going to walk out after the first question then?

Although his attitude towards the fans stinks I disagree with doing things like not shaking hands etc because Kamy has to be seen to be professional and the website needs to represent itself in a way that it is credible group something that Kean is anything but.

Yes, I would agree with that, we have to be professional even if Kean isnt, we have to be truthful even though Kean wont be, we are Supporters of BRFC, we are better than not shaking hands, lets beat Kean with facts and not fantasy!

Unless they (Venky's) are BS'ing me (they haven't thus far)

then Kean not getting sacked. He 'retains support if owners'.

More positive news is that I should be interviewing Kean on behalf of this site later this week, will ask him all the important questions, should have more details later today.

Oh. My. God.

They are either completely thick or they don't care. I increasingly feel it is the latter.

I wouldn't give Kean an interview on this site, I wouldn't besmirch its name so. Kean should now be treated like the BNP and treated by all Rovers supporting press like they are by the political outlets.

Kamy, I fear for your safety. He is obviously a mind controlling freak.

Don't so it.

no way, Kammy will be prepared, have facts, and has to put across the fans feelings.

If he starts going on about stats the reply is"with all due respect 20 points out of a possible 72 and 5 wins in 26 games are the stats they fans are interested".

Exactly.

The talk of walking out or not shaking hands lacks dignity and would achieve absolutely nothing. Having heard the podcasts I wouldn't expect Kamy to behave in that manner anyway.

For every piece of rubbish he says, the smartest thing to do is respond with a cold, hard fact in a calm and polite manner. There is more than enough ammunition. We've listened to his interviews for so long now that we can almost second guess what angle he'll take on everything.

He looked terrified in that post-match interview, in some ways I feel sorry for him as it's Venky's that are at the root of it all. He obviously doesn't know what he's doing, and hasn't a clue when it comes to awareness of the game (Jensen "making the football world sit up and take notice") but is trying his best which just isn't good enough. He's never going to get another job anywhere so it's understandable why he won't resign. However that all evaporates when you consider that he will get a decent pay off if he's sacked.

He needs to go for the sake of the club. Some fans need to really think about whether they are Kean fans are Rovers fans. A real fan wouldn't want to see their club with an under qualified man at the helm who is totally out of his depth. Enthusiasm for an attacking game alone (which is Keans mantra) will not turn around this sinking ship.

For me though it's Venky's who are allowing this to happen, and who need to feel some wrath. I think the fans are being far too polite with a bunch of people who have taken the club apart bit by bit and put an amateur at the helm of the ship.

I am going to ask him all the important/tough questions and if that upsets him so be it.

It is also a opportunity to for Kean to have a honest and frank interview, where he will be directly communicating to the fans and more importantly addressing issues that are concerning them.

Kamy, every time he says "excellent" or "positive" make him eat a donut.

will anyone from the clubs PR team also be present?

say what you like about kean - at least he has the balls to do the interview, knowing full well it will be the most difficult one he will have faced since taking over.

kamy - I'd be really interested to hear how the academy structure is doing. It's always been a really important item under the old regime. Is the level if investment and coaching as good as it was?

I'd also like to hear what are the main differences between his coaching setup and the one under Sam. Does he place the same emphasis on sports science? pro zone? etc

Kamy, ask him, if being a SEM client got him the job, or if he got it because of his CV?

Or if he was the cheapest option. I think that's the most likely reason.

Kamy's interviewing the wrong person though, it's Mrs Desai that needs a Paxman style bollocking.

Enthusiasm for an attacking game alone (which is Keans mantra) will not turn around this sinking ship.

I think this is what disappoints me the most about his tenure.

When we played liverpool last year, it seemed he'd really given his players freedom to attack, but also be structured in defence. Sadly, it didnt happen again after that game!

What I saw yesterday was just turgid, stale stuff. Looked like a team that is too scared to really go for the jugular. Whilst i detest gary neville, I found him to be very insightful yesterday and he picked up on it pretty quickly.

There's a difference between a team who is passing the ball around the middle of the pitch and one that is really going out to win the game.

Fulham were there for the taking yesterday, but time and time again, the formation wasnt working.

If you play 1 up front, the 2 playing behind have to support much quicker than they were doing. All too often, goodwillie was left exposed.

very very frustrating match

Kamy, ask him, if being a SEM client got him the job, or if he got it because of his CV?

no point den.

he's been asked that before and he's denied it on record a few times.

its a wasted question in my opinion

Or if he was the cheapest option. I think that's the most likely reason.

Not getting rid of Allardyce and his team would have been the cheaper option. Venky's were under heavy influence from Anderson at the time, it's not a coincidence that our manager and his assistant were both on Kentaro's books.

I want to know if he's considered bringing in experienced backroom staff to compensate for his managerial experience. Has he considered someone like Ray Wilkins?

Under Hughes and Allardyce we had a really strong group of experienced and qualified staff, now we must have one of the worst in the league.

Good idea.

It will be like John Doe's first murder in Se7en.

I think it's more like Saw films, when you put someone like Kean in charge it's like the club will have to chop off a limb to escape from the situation we are in

Oh. My. God.

They are either completely thick or they don't care. I increasingly feel it is the latter.

I wouldn't give Kean an interview on this site, I wouldn't besmirch its name so. Kean should now be treated like the BNP and treated by all Rovers supporting press like they are by the political outlets.

Kamy, I fear for your safety. He is obviously a mind controlling freak.

Don't so it.

To be fair, how this came about was me talking to PAPR about "working towards common aims" and we talked about how Steve Kean's is viewed by the fans. They genuinely believe he comes across very well (something actually backed up by the fans that met him in Hong Kong) and isn't one for ducking hard questions so I suggested putting it to the test and putting him in front of Kamy. They agreed it would be good.

Now Kamy is a consummate professional, I'm sure he'll go in even handed and fair with the aim of being neither antagonistic nor attempting to intentional stitch him up. That said, these are tough time, we'd be doing all the fans a dis-service if we don't ask tough questions and I hope the club's faith in him handling tough questions is well founded. I imagine more David Frost than Jeremy Paxman on Kamy's part.

Yes, I would agree with that, we have to be professional even if Kean isnt, we have to be truthful even though Kean wont be, we are Supporters of BRFC, we are better than not shaking hands, lets beat Kean with facts and not fantasy!

Totally agree.

Not getting rid of Allardyce and his team would have been the cheaper option. Venky's were under heavy influence from Anderson at the time, it's not a coincidence that our manager and his assistant were both on Kentaro's books.

I want to know if he's considered bringing in experienced backroom staff to compensate for his managerial experience. Has he considered someone like Ray Wilkins?

Under Hughes and Allardyce we had a really strong group of experienced and qualified staff, now we must have one of the worst in the league.

I'm talking about in replacing Allardyce, he's the cheapest option. Cheaper than replacing SA with an established experienced manager that is.

And you can bet that they convinced themselves that in the long term it would eventually prove a cheaper option than keeping Allardyce and co.

Archived