BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arsenal game is vital in getting the message to Venky's that THE MAJORITY OF FANS WANT KEAN OUT. An organised protest of banners, chants etc is paramount. If everybody who wants Kean out takes an large piece of paper with 'KEAN OUT' and holds it up at kick off then the 'it's only a minority' nonsense will be shown for the ###### it is. Either that or we could go continental and wave white hanky's like they do in Spain.

He has to be sacked and NOW.

Venky's pull the plug, show some balls and give us our club back. Sacking him and replacing him with someone who understands formations, tactics and basic football knowledge will see us safe.

Act now for the good of our club. We have become a laughing stock.

I think what's most galling is not just that Kean is incapable but that, having watched Wolves, Everton and now Fulham we needn't be going through this misery.

We have enough about the squad ("injuries" permitting) than an experienced manager could turn everything around.

If we are relegated, it will be entirely of Kean's and Venky's own making. At which point both will probably flee.

If we are relegated, it will be entirely of Kean's and Venky's own making. At which point both will probably flee.

Sadly even if we were relegated (which seems a certainty if Kean remains in charge) Kean would not leave. He would probably tell us that relegation was positive as it would allow us to rebuild, develop younger without the pressure of the Premiership, and give us an opportunity to win the Championship!

The man will have to be sacked, and the sooner the better!

The man looks just what he is........

2 weeks ago no one in higher media circles talked about us, now the full glare is turning upon us. No way can he come back from this position.

He does not have any skills to deal with the situation he has now found himself in and will soon be put out of his misery.

If the owners are concerned about the management in a part of their business (especially if they do not fully understand it) they need to bring in an outside consultatant to appraise the current management and recommend a way forward.

This is what happens in real life. Either that or the management disappears.

If results alone are not enough to convince the Indians that the guy is a waste of time (and if rumours of below oar training regimes and the apparent fitness issues we saw today are anything to go by) then an expert from outside would hopefully pick this up and recommemnd changes.

Quick though...

As someone who has been to maybe 500 away games of Rovers over my lifetime of supporting them thru 'thick' and 'thin' may I be bold to say that I thought today was an above average performance.In the first half it was very refreshing and progressive. The second half was normal and most away games have periods of Home team pressure. Most away games are tough to watch(only 10% really enjoyable)so today was normal and good team spirit. Making forced subs did not help and the last incident was a sending off(or nothing).

Clearly not many of you normally go to Fulham,preferring to face your lap-top, where apart from the 92 to 96 era and the Hakan Sukur game we have not done well(especially under BFS)

Rovers will rise again even under Steve Kean. I do not think we will lose to ARSENAL but maybe the fans have to be behind the team. Keep your nerve-only 6 points off a European place.

Today's game we looked ok going forward in the first half but in the main we were missing the pressing element when Fulham had the ball, inviting them onto us, whether this is a fitness or tactical issue its clear it cannot continue. At times many of our players looked unfit and tired and picked up a few niggly injuries, this I believe is Steve Kean's fault, after watching the Asia Tournament especially against Villa I felt that our pre season preperation was likely quite poor the evidence being that we only made one or two subs in the Villa game.

Todays presser was cringeworthy as well, his boldness in his attitude to him possibly getting the boot is staggering, not a manager in the professsional world would be able to dodge the bullet after only winning twice in 17 games and his comments make out that he sees nothing wrong with his shocking record.

I would like to take this opportunity to say well done to Steven in narrowly avoiding the clubs worst start ever to an official league season under your great managership.

WELL DONE DOUGHNUT....YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!! :angry:

2 positive results in the last 3 games

Clearly not many of you normally go to Fulham,preferring to face your lap-top, where apart from the 92 to 96 era and the Hakan Sukur game we have not done well(especially under BFS)

Clearly you weren't at Craven Cottage in March 2009 when BFS engineered a victory in a must win game then? :wstu:

As someone who has been to maybe 500 away games of Rovers over my lifetime of supporting them thru 'thick' and 'thin' may I be bold to say that I thought today was an above average performance.In the first half it was very refreshing and progressive. The second half was normal and most away games have periods of Home team pressure. Most away games are tough to watch(only 10% really enjoyable)so today was normal and good team spirit. Making forced subs did not help and the last incident was a sending off(or nothing).

Rovers will rise again even under Steve Kean. I do not think we will lose to ARSENAL but maybe the fans have to be behind the team. Keep your nerve-only 6 points off a European place.

A pointy hat has been handed in at Ewood. Kean's already checked and he's still got his. Lost property opens at 9am.

duncecap-300x225.jpg

kean "We've got confidence in abundance, we have spirit and togetherness."

Is it only me? I watched the game, the lads looked far from pleased, there didn't seem to be much togetherness there

I have never paid too much attention to Zamora, but the ball was glued to his feet when he had it.

You can see why teams pay over the odds for PL experienced players because Zamora was a different class to Goodwillie.

If we had a striker with Zamora's ability at leasy we could have held the ball.

Nut Blackburn have pruchased players who massive gambles and even if these gambles do pay off, it might be too late.

I keep telling myself we are only a win or two away from things being fine again - however something stops me from feeling positive (no pun intended). Its the slimey rat, our manager, who should never have been appointed in the first place - we deserve so much better.

A decent performance and a draw away from home. Sack him now becuase he looks like a "donut" and I have no clue about football.

Olsson's free kick goes in at the end and most people would be happy, it would change nothing about the quality of our side or the performance, but that is how most people look at football. And it's also why none of them have any say about their club or the game.

A decent performance and a draw away from home. Sack him now becuase he looks like a "donut" and I have no clue about football.

Olsson's free kick goes in at the end and most people would be happy, it would change nothing about the quality of our side or the performance, but that is how most people look at football. And it's also why none of them have any say about their club or the game.

As one of the main slug haters, no surprise you are holding on to the dream of 'proper footy' under Kean.

Wake up, the bloke is dragging us into the abyss.

I keep telling myself we are only a win or two away from things being fine again - however something stops me from feeling positive (no pun intended). Its the slimey rat, our manager, who should never have been appointed in the first place - we deserve so much better.

The main thing that stops me from being positive is that we haven't a hope in hell of getting a win based on the showings so far this season. We have played quite a few bottom 10 teams this far and have failed to beat any of them, Everton and Fulham were shocking and one of the beat us, while the other should have as they totally dominated us for large parts.

We look like the poorest Premier League team since the Howard Wilkinsons Sunderland - totally clueless and lacking any recognizable tactics what so ever.

I have so little faith in my team right now that I almost expect them to lose week in week out and concede at will. When we scored today I knew we wouldn't make it to half time and was yet again proven right. If Venkys fail to act then the fans must.

Archived