BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

What stopped the Rovers staying at the top had nothing to do with managers. Jack made a mistake - he was human after all - in not giving Dalglish the money to take us on to the next level during the summer of 1995. Kenny knew it would cost more money but Jack felt, and I well remember the interview he gave to Radio Rovers, that we had enough players already. When Jack realised the mistake he attempted to rectify it but, sadly, the moment had gone.

Ray never said he wouldn't go back into management. He merely felt it was difficult to manage at a club that you had been the number two at. He had done it previously, with some success, but he always said he wouldn't do it again. However, he took the Rovers job on because Jack wanted him and he felt he had to be loyal to the guy who had put so much money into the club.

What really undermined Ray was when Shearer left. Ray had lined up several deals which fell through that summer and when Shearer opted to return to his first love, Newcastle, it proved to be a devastating blow from which he couldn't recover.

Clearly you don't care for Ray Harford. Fair enough, football is a game of opinions. However, his achievements at Ewood Park are now in the history books and he has rightly earned his legendary status alongside Kenny. If only we could turn to Jack, Kenny and Ray today instead of Venky's, Kean and Jensen.

Yeah Donis wasn't enough incentive for Shearer to stay lol

Fair points though.

I do think Harford prematurely destoryed the dream but I was very young at the time so it was harder to take such a fall.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone Back me as Rovers manager....I have no managerial experience, but I am certain I am better than Kean!

I don't drink-drive and definitely won't fly to India every other day!

Oh and i Give a sh1t!

Sack Kean and appoint me! :rover:

do you work late? This job requires some out of hours work and some over night stays but you will have £30 spending money on food at the hotel.

If you are happy with this I can;t see any problems

do you work late? This job requires some out of hours work and some over night stays but you will have £30 spending money on food at the hotel.

If you are happy with this I can;t see any problems

Yes I am willing to take all of the above in my stride......

I can even get to training on time......on my own!

Yes I am willing to take all of the above in my stride......

I can even get to training on time......on my own!

Sorry we are only currently only hiring internally, but thank you for your interest in this soon to be vacant Blackburn Rovers Management role.

I have us rock bottom on the BBC predictor.. Time will tell but we have a very difficult run after the fulham game

That's the worry isn't it? Win the Fulham game and it buys him time--------to go on another of his record losing streaks.

I want us to win but I fear the consequences.

People fella wants to check his stats as league games under kean is 24 and wins 5.

And won 2 in 18 in the same period a team that will likely finish top 5 where our gormless leader is targting, Liverpool sacked the manager and won 12 in 18 league matches.

Maybe shouldn't be comparing to Liverpool but it helps emphasize just how bad we are under kean in this league that if the season was only 18 games we'd be more than 30 points behind an average Liverpool team.

Steve Kean needs to go. NOT a minority view, NOT a knee-jerk reaction, FACT.

Worst series of results I have known, worst run of luck I have know, most baffling selections and subs I have witnessed.

The team look like they are approaching the end of the season, not the start - unfit and injuries waiting to happen.

Archived