BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Kean should be sacked immediately and replaced with a proper manager who has no links with SEM/Kentaro. So please not John Jensen or Dave Jones. I think that I would lose the will to live if I woke to find that Venkys had sacked Kean only to replace him with another SEM stooge !

Once the crowd at Ewood start to chant 'Kean Out', he'll be gone.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is he should of been sacked after the game at Fulham last season. The wrong result tomorrow must put his position at our club in a perilous position.

His performance at the presser yesterday was on of a man who has been told to buck up, his whole body language was a man under pressure.

To all the people who put the argument that another manager wont have is own players, I will respond with this, when Allardyce replaced Ince it was the same situation, the single factor that stood out in Allardyces first game against Stoke was we were organised.

We had a game plan, were solid at the back and defended well throughout the team, now be it Allardyce or AN Other experienced Premier League manager, the same principles would apply and it should be a touch easier now for we have in Junior, Formica, Rochina and Olsson, flair and potential matchwinners, couple that with a solid defence, organisation is all we are needing, unfortunately Kean cant organise, manage and appears to be tactically inept, he should walk now, whatever the result at Fulham.

Would anyone settle for someone being brought in over him?

As to be honest, that's what he needs IF he is going to say, it's the only "Other" way as far as I can see?

One thing that I don't think many people have mentioned is the owners behaviour, they hide, whilst they let the wolves devour him and our club, that isn't right and it's not fair on any of us is it?

Where are they in all of this? It's Venky's that deserve our fury, not Kean, Kean just took a dream job, we all would, he is THEIR stooge.

Where are you Venky's? Stop hiding! Has your core business affected your behaviour this much? Are you just plain Chicken?

To all the people who put the argument that another manager wont have is own players, I will respond with this, when Allardyce replaced Ince it was the same situation, the single factor that stood out in Allardyces first game against Stoke was we were organised.

We had a game plan, were solid at the back and defended well throughout the team, now be it Allardyce or AN Other experienced Premier League manager, the same principles would apply and it should be a touch easier now for we have in Junior, Formica, Rochina and Olsson, flair and potential matchwinners, couple that with a solid defence, organisation is all we are needing, unfortunately Kean cant organise, manage and appears to be tactically inept, he should walk now, whatever the result at Fulham.

Fully agree with this post. there is a good squad at Rovers now. If a good experienced manager comes in, then we could have a very successful season. But whilst Kean is here, it will be a season where the fear of relegation will never go away.

Sadly it is the minority that want kean to stay. Worse still the minority is the one that has the say, Mrs D.

Would anyone settle for someone being brought in over him?

As to be honest, that's what he needs IF he is going to say, it's the only "Other" way as far as I can see?

One thing that I don't think many people have mentioned is the owners behaviour, they hide, whilst they let the wolves devour him and our club, that isn't right and it's not fair on any of us is it?

Where are they in all of this? It's Venky's that deserve our fury, not Kean, Kean just took a dream job, we all would, he is THEIR stooge.

Where are you Venky's? Stop hiding! Has your core business affected your behaviour this much? Are you just plain Chicken?

I would not settle for that. Just having links with Kentario is bad enough for me. I believe the club needs to distance itself with any links with kentario.

Did he - did he not - stab Sam in the back has been debated before. We are not in the position to know what the truth is about that. But no smoke without fire comes to mind here.

The club needs a fresh start, which a new manager would bring.

I think I am more fustrated with the owners than angry. They came into a business that they were weak in knowledge about. It was folly of them not to do their homework about owning a football club first, before buying. In my opinion they were lead up the garden path by bad advisors. But this was because they lacked the proper knowledge about football. They may have found out about many advisors and chose to go with one of them. Sadly, again in my opinion, they chose the wrong one. But this is all down to ignorance of the football business.

But having been given bad advice. Having, as it appears, realised that. It is how they learn by their mistakes. There is still time to put things right. But it all centres on replacing Kean. Because the club has owners who are new to the football buisness, it is essential that the club has an experienced manager. Then the fear of relegation will be gone. But whilst Kean is in the club, it will be a season of fighting relegation.

Just saw football focus - guy shOuld be a politician NOT a premier league mgr. The guy is UNLUCKY and doesnt know how to win

yeah you nail that, they always twist truths, can't believe he was smiling and looking smug through the interview I think the pundits found it uncomforable as they mentioned it and didn't buy it.

Didn't watch it, out of interest, what were the pundits saying after the interview?

They agreed the pressure is on Kean - Sam should not have been sacked and rovers are heading for relagation.

No different than what a lot of us on here feel.

Didn't watch it, out of interest, what were the pundits saying after the interview?

They also mentioned the impression he gave was one of a "yes man".

I cant remember the last time ive witnessed a manager that is so falsified in interviews.

I mean im no psychoanalyst but its clear he isnt genuine. Even on those rare wonderful days when we win a game I still dont believe him.

Host commented on the fact he looked like a man not under pressure smiling all the time very likeable but a yes man, and a record of 13 defeats in 26 games, suggesting his smiling and smug look does not really fit the situation.

He also noted about fans writing to Venkys asking for Keans sack and this represented 4000 fans (so that a job well done of the fans part)

Dixon said if Kean is venkys man then where was all the money to back him and really puch Blackburn up the league.

Lawence straight up said why sack Sam in the first place he guanenteed PL football, really suggesting he lacked confidence in Kean.

Lawence finished the segment by say what it really comes down to "he's still losing matches" which really in the bottom line.

Steve Kean insisted he had been misquoted and had never offered Champions League football but instead had said that European football was the goal.

Speaking to the Guardian.

"He'd only played a small number of games for us but he wanted Champions League football. We're not at that moment [where we can offer him that] yet. Hopefully we will be in three or four years' time, but we appreciated he wanted to move on.

Speaking to Talksport.

“It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be within the next three or four seasons.”

He's a slippery git isn't he?

Hopefully a dead man walking. He is trying to give it the 'big un' and talk himself up, trying to give the impression that the pressure doesn't get to him. He is an imposter and hopefully will get what he deserves - the sack.

What is it about crap Rovers managers with four letter surnames? In my Rovers supporting life the worst four have been Iley, Kidd, Ince and now Kean.

Steve Kean insisted he had been misquoted and had never offered Champions League football but instead had said that European football was the goal.

Speaking to the Guardian.

"He'd only played a small number of games for us but he wanted Champions League football. We're not at that moment [where we can offer him that] yet. Hopefully we will be in three or four years' time, but we appreciated he wanted to move on.

Speaking to Talksport.

“It was difficult with Phil because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be within the next three or four seasons.”

He's a slippery git isn't he?

I sent that quote to 505 radio as soon as the presenter said Kean never suggested CL football in five years. Infact he said three or four.

Hopefully a dead man walking. He is trying to give it the 'big un' and talk himself up, trying to give the impression that the pressure doesn't get to him. He is an imposter and hopefully will get what he deserves - the sack.

What is it about crap Rovers managers with four letter surnames? In my Rovers supporting life the worst four have been Iley, Kidd, Ince and now Kean.

ZZAM OR SLUG

Without Kidd, Ferguson would have never won the PL in 93,94, and 96.

Most Man U fans agree that Kidd was the brains behind Ferguson and infleuenced the signing of Cole and Yorke.

Sorry I'm getting confused, it was Harford that that was the brains behind Kenny and infleuences the signing of Sutton and Shearer, oops I get them two mixed up.

or maybe both Kidd/Harford fell aprt after losing their genius gaffers.

Harford is not four letters or Hodgson, just as bad.

Without Kidd, Ferguson would have never won the PL in 93,94, and 96.

Most Man U fans agree that Kidd was the brains behind Ferguson and infleuenced the signing of Cole and Yorke.

Sorry I'm getting confused, it was Harford that that was the brains behind Kenny and infleuences the signing of Sutton and Shearer, oops I get them two mixed up.

or maybe both Kidd/Harford fell aprt after losing their genius gaffers.

Harford is not four letters or Hodgson, just as bad.

Kidd was a very good no 2 but as a manager he was out of his depth. Check his record at Preston and Barrow. Some people make good coaches and poor managers. They work well on the training ground but when it comes to matchdays it's a completely different matter. Oh yes, a case in point is the current incumbent at my club.

I'm not really into this Harford bashing, chris.

Yes, we all know he was a poor replacement for Kenny, but he is a club legend, end of.

The Dalglish/Harford partnership brought us promotion, 4th, 2nd and the title in four years.

Back in the day, I used to watch us train at Pleasington and that was the Ray Harford zone, Kenny was more intersted in showing his skills in the 5 a side. Kenny is a man manager/motivator almost without compare, Ray was a fantastic coach.

The whole club made mistakes in the summer of 1995, Jack included. That was the time to invest, not later in the 90s when we were throwing good money after bad on a lot of tripe.

Kenny walked out of the job, Jack was reluctant to improve the side, Ray wasn't up to the managers job, that's life. Show the bloke some repsect.

Archived