SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Podcast

Kamy100

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

To be honest, if anything affected the turnout, it'd have been the weather.

Don't know Kean is genuinely confused or twisting events to make them fit with what he wants people to believe...

Almost certainly #2, it wouldn't be the first time Kean tried to use spin to his advantage would it? Steve's podcast with kamy may have stopped a couple of dozen people from going at most - the majority who wanted to march would hardly have been swayed by the podcast as it wasn't really anything new from him.

I think Kean was hoping he met an event organiser and BRFCS seems to be protecting themselves in the hope for future interviews when Kean had one objective, defuse the situation now.

Kamy would have been a great interviewer for Mark Hughes or Sam doing well, Kamy has that positive, knowledgable tone, but in this instants it required tough question and someone that had infleuence of the protest, that why Glen should have at least gone along.

Kamy quickly befriended Kean and spoke softly and joking about the one hour training, Kean probably thought he was winning him over and that represented the people angry at Kean.

Glen would have grilled Kean resepctfully and I'm sure afterwards we would have had a new respect for Kean if he could keep up and before anyones says it nobody would have said "kean why don't you f off".

This is assuming Glen asked the question I think he would.

Now don't get me wrong this would have only bought Kean a short amount of time, because results count, but this would have helped that all i'm saying.

Editing I wrote this late last night, spelling worse then normal.

I think Kean was hoping he met an event organiser and BRFCS seems to be protecting themselves in the hope for future interviews when Kean had one objective, defuse the situation now.

Kamy would have been a great interviewer for Mark Hughes or Sam doing well, KAmy has that positive, knowledgable tone, but in this instants it required tough question and someone that had infleuence of the protest, that why Glen should have at least gone along.

Kamy quickly befirended Kean and spoke softly and joking about the one hour training, Kean probably thought he was winning him over and that represented the people angry at Kean.

Glen would have grilled Kean resepctfully and I'm sure afterwards we would have had a new respect for Kean if he could keep up and before anyones says it nobody would have said "kean why don't you f off".

To be fair BRFCS Had the interview with Kean lined up a week before the news of a protest broke out so they knew they was doing an interview for BRFCS and that Kamy was not representative of the March. Kamy is a journalist and its important that he does not burn bridges amongst circles in which he can get good content interviews.

Me on the other hand would of had a different line of questioning but I'm not a journalist, I would of used my Management experience and lead the questioning around the big issues past and present. I'm not affraid to ask whats on my mind as its always served me well in my professional life, Kean has accepted the invitation to meet with me this week and I will certianly be putting the questions to him, and if he can't answer them I will seek an audience with someone that can. Communication is what sets the human race from other species, because this is what we are good at. There is no point wondering about things if you get an opportunity to ask,Kean appears to want to get fans onside and if he can honestly answer the questions I put to him on behalf of others then he will go up in my estimation.

After all we all want the same thing, He wants to be a successful Manager of Blackburn Rovers and get results.

We as fans want to see the team managed correctly from top to bottom and get results,

So on that basis it makes sense to be open and honest

This is assuming Glan asked the question I think he would.

Now don't get me wrong this would have only bought Kean a short amount of time, because results count, but this would have helped that all i'm saying.

Kamy would have been a great interviewer for Mark Hughes or Sam doing well, KAmy has that positive, knowledgable tone, but in this instants it required tough question and someone that had infleuence of the protest, that why Glen should have at least gone along.

Kamy quickly befirended Kean and spoke softly and joking about the one hour training, Kean probably thought he was winning him over and that represented the people angry at Kean.

Glen would have grilled Kean resepctfully and I'm sure afterwards we would have had a new respect for Kean if he could keep up and before anyones says it nobody would have said "kean why don't you f off

To be fair BRFCS Had the interview with Kean lined up a week before the news of a protest broke out so they knew they was doing an interview for BRFCS and that Kamy was not representative of the March. Kamy is a journalist and its important that he does not burn bridges amongst circles in which he can get good content interviews.

Me on the other hand would of had a different line of questioning but I'm not a journalist, I would of used my Management experience and lead the questioning around the big issues past and present. I'm not affraid to ask whats on my mind as its always served me well in my professional life, Kean has accepted the invitation to meet with me this week and I will certianly be putting the questions to him, and if he can't answer them I will seek an audience with someone that can. Communication is what sets the human race from other species, because this is what we are good at. There is no point wondering about things if you get an opportunity to ask,Kean appears to want to get fans onside and if he can honestly answer the questions I put to him on behalf of others then he will go up in my estimation.

After all we all want the same thing, He wants to be a successful Manager of Blackburn Rovers and get results.

We as fans want to see the team managed correctly from top to bottom and get results,

You been invited to this trip to India yet Glen..? somehow it would not suprise me to see you on the invite list along with Kamy and Glen.

Kean claiming the podcast muted the demonstration , will he ever learn to keep his mouth shut ?

My link

So he wins one game and the slimy, arrogant side of Kean re-surfaces. Based on that I don't believe a single word of the podcast.

I did think Kamy's interview was badly tined and it now shows that he had one intention: quell the nay-sayers at all costs. I don't think I've ever known a more conceited, contriving person.

Horrible, horrible individual.

Still it's only results that matter, eh?

:angry2:

On the face of it, to say I am disappointed by the Kean comments is a under statement, apart from being factually incorrect, they show a lack if respect and for what we (brfcs) thought we were building with the club.

I will reserve final judgment until we can get to the bottom of what/why he said these things, but right now these factually incorrect comments have put me in a very difficult position professionally.

News to me that I am one of the organisor's of the march!

I thought it was common knowledge that you were not involved in the march whatsoever. Neither did you get involved at any stage in its planning.

I have just re-read the article in the mirror, that has to be libel. In your position I would not be happy at all.

On the face of it, to say I am disappointed by the Kean comments is a under statement, apart from being factually incorrect, they show a lack if respect and for what we (brfcs) thought we were building with the club.

I will reserve final judgment until we can get to the bottom of what/why he said these things, but right now these factually incorrect comments have put me in a very difficult position professionally.

Sounds like they totally got the wrong end of the stick.. def libel especially if it has an impact on your work. Maybe you can find a way to turn this around so to speak.. a nice little exclusive in exchange for not taking him to court lol.

Sorry trying to see the bright side of it.. guess they also believe this site was responsible for the march.. *sigh* very short sighted if true one of the reasons this place is so good is the range of opinions on here (annoying Bun fights at times but all part of the fun) and general freedom of speach.

Guess this might be partly down to the culture in India.. they are a heirarchical society in general (family names and elders holding more sway etc).

Sky have just phoned me ahead of Today's presser with Kean regarding his comments mate, and I have corrected them, and told them at no point was you involved, and that the meeting you had was purely for the website and was arranged in advance, before any protest was even though about.

• Backroom

Yeah you may have a point there, I wad heartened that he has seemed willing but the quote about Kamy has worried me that he is using things to spin things.

Ps do you ever sleep?

Lack of respect ?

I know Rovers fans who listened to the podcast who don't read this forum day in day out who also thought that you were one of the organisers so if they were making this mistake then it doesn't suprise me that Kean did as well.

I'm not saying what Kean said was right but I think it was a mistake more than lack of respect.

Kamy you might want to check websites from most of the daily papers , I know the mail is carrying the same story met with one of the organisers etc

If you do take him to court and to pre-empt his defence can I just make it clear It wasn't me that spiked his microphone, telephone, fax machine etc :)

He's gone even further down in my estimation looking at his comments, he clearly only did the podcast to save his skin. I would be fuming as well if I was Kamy, it looks like it was not only a pointless exercise (Kean still doesn't get it) but he has been heavily associated with something that he wasn't part of at all.

Sorry I'm no Kean's side a little (while it's not fair on Kamy I accept)

On the back of the letter and the interview was not "confirmed" until after leaks of the protest, Kean would have thought the questions were from people angry at Kean, he was probably surprised how easy they were.

Did Kean want a nice interview with the fans? no ofcourse not, you can;t blame him from wanting to save his skin.

I said after the interview it was unfair on Kean because it did not contain the enough content neccessary to defuse any protest.

If the interview was protecting Kamy then someone else should have done it.

If I remember correctly at no point did Kamy say or discuss whether he was or was not in the protest.

I actually thought Kamy was organising the protest aswell at the time of the interview (must have got my wires crossed), maybe thats why I was disappointed with the some of the tone.

Great that Kean is meeting Glen and Venkys meeting fans, such a big turn around, if Glen and other fans are open and honest then Kean will know where he is going wrong (excluding results)

I actually think he's probably got himself confused or been miquoted. At least I hope so.

Don't think so Tom.

He's just up his own backside, and he thinks he's above criticism from anyone.

Steve Kean and reality/honesty have never met.

I'm not sure what is happening yet, I would prefer it to be un-recorded tbh, as he may be more open, Its an informal chat

You have got to cover your back, get it recorded ! Even if nobody else hears it , at least you know you have proof when/if he spins this one to suit his agenda

Archived