BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Podcast

Kamy100

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Steve Kean's credit, when I was interviewed yesterday by Sky for the piece thye put on the TV yesterday they showed me the full Steve Kean presser first, Steve Kean openly admitted he had got the wrong side of the stick and said that he did an interview for the unofficial website which addressed some fans issues, but distanced Kamy as a organisor of the March.

Unfortunately that was not aired on Sky and none of the press have seen it important enough to mention it it todays newspapers, but he did apologise...

Hope this helps?

To Steve Kean's credit, when I was interviewed yesterday by Sky for the piece thye put on the TV yesterday they showed me the full Steve Kean presser first, Steve Kean openly admitted he had got the wrong side of the stick and said that he did an interview for the unofficial website which addressed some fans issues, but distanced Kamy as a organisor of the March.

Unfortunately that was not aired on Sky and none of the press have seen it important enough to mention it it todays newspapers, but he did apologise...

Hope this helps?

Thanks Glen, hopefully I will get something from the club to this effect or VT from the Sky interview so that I can put this to bed.

Well done to Kamy who was a model professional in the way he conducted the interview- superb work.

I think that for all Kean's smoothness in answering (Tony Blair-esque at times), my gut feel is Kamy hit a couple of significant points which became more apparent on the second time of listening to the podcast.

Firstly is the distinct rise in pitch from Kean when he says "Yeh it was a shock" in answer to the question about Sam's sacking (Unlucky number 13 Steve).

Then comes the startling implication about what Kean has said about his own appointment. He emphasises and repeats that John Williams "never knew" anything about the new boss and I think we can all accept that to be the truth although it is in itself Kean confirming how really stupid Venky's are.

Somewhat later of course Kamy asks the question about SEM/Kentaro and football transfers. What he says is that Venky's did not know what they were doing during the January transfer window and that in effect Kentaro did it for them.

Presumably if Venky's knew nothing about players and transfers, they also could not possibly have known anything about managers either yet Steve Kean was appointed to the utter amazement of close to 100% of the football world.

I think Kamy came pretty close to an admission by Steve Kean that he was appointed manager of Blackburn Rovers by his own agent at a time when Venky's were pretty oblivious to what running/owning a football club entails.

Fact checking a few other things and I might have misheard so apologies if I did:

Steve Kean spent six years at Academica of Coimbra playing in the top division in Portugal. Well actually Academica only spent two seasons between Kean's 21st and 35th birthdays in the Portuguese top division.

Repeated use of "I think" in saying Kentaro were hired by the Trust to find a buyer. Now it is possible the lawyers of the Trust lied to me when they said this was not the case but judiciuous use by Kean of "I think" in prefacing his remarks suggestds he might know that his claim might not stack up too well.

Did Steve Kean really say that the first time he met the the owners to discuss the manager's position was the first time they came to the club? My recollection is they were at the club first before they had bought it (when Anderson spent the whole time whispering conspiratorially to Balaji) and then before Sam was sacked...

Then when talking about this summer's transfers he dodged the question about the stonking £9m profit on transfer fees but he did say that this window the owners knew what they were doing and that "I think its been a smooth transition" from Kentaro running transfers to Venky's doing it themselves. REALLY???? Numerous lists, marquees, eleven changes in decision making structures, five players ditched at the point of signing and Kean is parking all that farce at the doors of the Venky's?

Venky's should fire him for suggesting they are such nincompoops. As Nicko repeatedly raged on this MB from his privileged position, this summer's transfer window was an utter shambles much of the time and Kentaro were massively involved until there was a bit of a disagreement (poetic license).

And as for the comment that this is the first time in many years there has been competition for places in the backline at Rovers including goalkeeper. That comment just goes to show how unadulterated unsubstantiated rubbish flows easily from Steve Kean the moment he relaxes.

Finally let me point out that I too went to a private school, am a late developer and work hard but as I don't have Jerome Anderson as my Dad I am not expecting a playing contract with Rovers.

Removed the Agnew reference but on re-listen the rise in tone from Kean when he says the Sam sacking was a shock is even more noticeable.

However, I missed an even more blatant howler from Steve Kean when he says him reporting to the Chairlady is the same as Sam (and previous managers) reporting to John Williams and previous chairman.

Sorry but Mrs Desai is not the Chairman of Blackburn Rovers FC. She is not even a Director of Blackburn Rovers FC.

If Steve Kean considers he has a direct reporting line to Mrs Desai there is clearly a continuing crisis of corporate governance under English Law at Blackburn Rovers.

Met with Kamy yesterday.

First of all an apology is in order from my side. The soft voice saying "good stuff" is in fact Kamy and not Paul Agnew so please accept my apologies for mis-hearing that.

The other points I made in my post about timing of Kean's appointment and who did it and asking questions about factual accuracies still stand so far as I am concerned.

To be honest, I am astonished there hasn't been an apology forthcoming from Steve Kean and the club following the media appearances over the week-end after the Arsenal game.

There is an argument on here that it was an easy mistake to have been made by Steve Kean. For goodness sake, he is the football manager of a £60m pa company with the likes of Paul Agnew paid to avoid Kean making mistakes like that and we are just football supporters following a passion in our spare time. That was a bad mistake to make which I understand might have been made more than once and having become aware of the back correspondence, in my opinion it becomes even more inexcusable and perhaps looks a bit pre-meditated.

those with glass houses philip and all that?

you have said some down right ridiculous things on here,a number of times you have not even acknowledged that you were wrong let alone apologising, so for you to criticise kean when he has corrected himself is a bit rich.

But I suppose its ' evil' kean and the' witch' owner, your words not mine.

Who does the chelsea manager report to, roman or the chairman? The rise of keans voice lol lol its almost as bad as the body language quote!

According to Glen he openly admitted he got the wrong end of the stick on sky, more than can be said for some hey Philip?

I apologise when I get things wrong.

Unlike Kean I am more often in the right than in the wrong.

My point remains. Kean got it wrong in the mass media- where has he apologised? I don't know whether he has been on Sky yet saying he got it wrong.

My point remains. Kean got it wrong in the mass media- where has he apologised? I don't know whether he has been on Sky yet saying he got it wrong.

Nobody in the mass media cares less.

He did say he made a mistake but the mass media channels will not report it because 99.9999999% of people watching sky Sports News dont care, can't remeber the comment and don't know who he talking about and don't care (again), so why would sky sports show it?

I cannot do a 'Tris' at the moment Phillip but did you apologise for calling Steve Kean 'evil'? Do you still think that this is the case?

Did you apologise for starting a thread stating that ALL major Indian businesses were ashamed of Venkys? A number of posters IN India clarified that this was not the case.

Or how about this recent classic: "I have also been told that Venky's have caved in from wanting £20m for him. I do think we have seen the last of him as I am hearing relations between Samba and Kean have collapsed."

Kamy has said that the team spirit is excellent when he went to interview Kean.

To be fair Phillip I could probably list a further dozen things that you could apologise for but you are human, I am human we make mistakes, Kean has come on SKY and clarified what he said, was an apology needed? You would say it is but then again, he is 'evil'...

There is so much wrong with that comment, I have no idea where to start :lol:

I listened to the interview and I noticed straight away it was Kamy saying 'good stuff'. PhilipL hearing a 'rise in tone' from the manager when asked a question about Big Sam getting the sack and putting that forward as evidence that Kean new about it beforehand is incredibly tenuous... Actually it's complete ######. Are you a psychologist and a linguistics expert? The entire interview sounded frank and, if a little confusing, unrehearsed. It gave a better account of Kean that I thought it would and I wanted him gone before the Arsenal match. I'm not convinced yet and I wouldn't be unhappy to see an experienced, good manager in his place but I watched Rovers come out an play like they did against Wolves last season. If he can keep them on that track I will be happy to change my mind.

There is an argument on here that it was an easy mistake to have been made by Steve Kean. For goodness sake, he is the football manager of a £60m pa company with the likes of Paul Agnew paid to avoid Kean making mistakes like that and we are just football supporters following a passion in our spare time. That was a bad mistake to make which I understand might have been made more than once and having become aware of the back correspondence, in my opinion it becomes even more inexcusable and perhaps looks a bit pre-meditated.

I can't agree with any of this. The organiser of the protest is now a prominent poster on this site. If Kean (or any of his advisors) had decided to check out podcast #7, they would have heard kamy and Glen9Mullan lamenting the failings of our manager in some detail. It's hardly surprising that Kamy, the protest and BRFCS were seen in the same light.

According to Glen9Mullan Kean has made a genuine attempt to correct his error.

I cannot do a 'Tris' at the moment Phillip but did you apologise for calling Steve Kean 'evil'? Do you still think that this is the case?

No I didn't and yes I do.

Did you apologise for starting a thread stating that ALL major Indian businesses were ashamed of Venkys? A number of posters IN India clarified that this was not the case.

No I didn't and there is not an Indian business person of my acquaintance who either has never heard of Venky's or is deeply ashamed of the image they are projecting in the football world if they are aware of them.

Or how about this recent classic: "I have also been told that Venky's have caved in from wanting £20m for him. I do think we have seen the last of him as I am hearing relations between Samba and Kean have collapsed."

Yes relations between Samba and Kean have been bad on a number of occasions. He takes the arm band off, arm band on, on, off, shake it all about...

Kamy has said that the team spirit is excellent when he went to interview Kean.

Big pay rises and more to come if Kean gets his way- what is there not to like?

To be fair Phillip I could probably list a further dozen things that you could apologise for but you are human, I am human we make mistakes, Kean has come on SKY and clarified what he said, was an apology needed? You would say it is but then again, he is 'evil'...

:rover:

I think there is a LOT of unfair flak being thrown at Philip, and LOTS prob being an understatement.

Nearly everything Philip has spoke about over the last 9 months is correct, How do I know that?

Simples It was only by accident that I found out others knew things which I had been privy to,

Unlike some Philip is not having one result, and a load of PR exerices/interviews to cloud his judgement at hard facts he has seen and has been made aware of in this time.

I appreciate 99.9% of fans are not privy to what some individuals know and can only go of what they have seen themselves or what is currently being presented to them, which is a PR machine doing overtime.

Its not by accident that a Journo has been pestering me to provide him with hard evidence, and on whose instruction is open to debate, when he is offering 1 to 1 audiences in Pune with Mrs Desai.

When I was not co-operative in terms of handing information over he got on the defenceless and tried to discredit me via email, telephone calls which lasted hours and txt messages. Things then went quite quiet until news of the March became public knowledge as did the word DOSSIER and 90 pages. He was very irrate what was in that Dossier, and even threatened private communication between me and him to be part of an article which he was going to put together, which in his words was part of the ITK culture. He even accused me of being just a passionate fan who knew nothing and had no inside knowledge although he continually plugged for me to pass info on to him.

He also told me about Yakubu first which credit to him, I was unaware of, although I was quite up to speed on the Dann situation. When I checked with my sources immediately it was confirmed Yakubu was a target and I put it on these boards for all of you on the Monday.

The point I'm making don't be too pulled in by what Steve Kean says because for example this week alone this has what has been said

1. Steve Kean met with the organisors of the protest : NOT TRUE

2. Discruntled fans have been invited to India for clear the air talks: NOT TRUE

3. Steve Kean has agreed to meet Protest organisors: NOT TRUE , PHONE NOT RUNG AND NO COMMUNICATION FROM CLUB.

4. Steve Kean only met the owners after Sams dismissal: NOT TRUE

This list goes on and on, and although we are al interested mainly with results on the pitch being improved, there are far too many things behind the scenes which not only remain unanswered but could have lasting implications on the club, I just hope that the 11 going to Pune will address this issues, If the club are promoting via the press that its clear the air talks

Do we think Steve Kean would have done a massive PR exercise if we lost against Arsenal (or even drew)?

Not a chance, as i have already said he is on a lap of honour at present, Although I do feel that due to a lack of communication and prominent figures within the club, he is having to carry the flag for everyone which is a little unfair on him

Archived