BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

He put the penalty the opposite side of the goal to the keeper. Some players wait for the keeper to move before placing it rather than just smacking it. Hence what the dummy run up was for.

It was the identical penalty to the one he tucked away at Kilmarnock pre season. Which is why I was a bit non plussed when Hoilett took the first one against Everton. Roberts was on the pitch at that time and Hoilett was on the pitch when Roberts took the one at Killie. Doesn't quite make sense really. Given the fact that Dunny is off the pitch more than he's on it these days we shouldn't have left taking a penalty in his absence to 'whoever feels confident' (which is allegedly what happened) - there should have been a very clear Plan B.

Anyway, bring on the Dingles in Round 4!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote name='dubdubdub' timestamp='1316602235' post='1147953']

Same with Petrovic. Can't do anything right. Another thing. The man can obviously pass a ball. I know he misplaced a few but we wouldn't have bought a player who can't pass ten foot.

Really !

You believe that. Petrovic on current form is making Keith Andrews look good which asks is this the ploy to bring Andrews back into favour.

All these skillful attacking players have given us far more composure in the final third, as evidenced by Vukcevic's goal there. Gone are the days when MGP would try to stick his foot through it and skew it out for a throw in, or Emerton would turn back on himself when a defender came within 10 yards of him. It makes a pleasant change.

Anyone got a vid of Rochina's goal?

Really !

You believe that. Petrovic on current form is making Keith Andrews look good which asks is this the ploy to bring Andrews back into favour.

Just saying that we wouldn't have signed a player who can't even pass a ball ten feet in response to people who moaned all match behind me.

Regarding not doing anything right; a free kick that's on target generally gets an applause but no...nada.

So with Andrews gone the Petrovic bashing commences. The Premier league is littered with players who needed time to settle. Last season Jermaine Jones took time time to settle but turned into one of our better performers towards the end of last term. Petrovic is a proven international player who will take time to adjust. Most fans are waxing lyrical about Rochina and Formica but lets remember they signed in Jan and have had 8 months of reserve team football to adjust to the English game.

Last nights games, 28 chances and a comfortable win. Happy with the performance and hoping for a tie against the Dingles. Roll on Newcastle on Saturday.

Kenny could have played his dog at right-back and I still would have been happy...

He couldn't....................It had a groin strain!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Joke is courtesy of "Not the Nine o'clock News".

How Rochina got man of the match I'll never know. Had a dreadful game.

Still rate him of course, but not much went right for him yesterday.

Also we learned that Lowe isn't a right back, even though the board got carried away and hailed him as the future in that position.

Blackman actually looked like a professional footballer last night for the first time ever, Roberts had a good second half, Grella was consistently wasteful (which isn't like him - not typed sarcastically), Simon looked to have a good dribble and Hanley still thinks he's playing for Allardyce, though to be honest there was a lot of long ball last night due to their shoddy defence and numbers behind the ball.

How Rochina got man of the match I'll never know. Had a dreadful game.

Still rate him of course, but not much went right for him yesterday.

Also we learned that Lowe isn't a right back, even though the board got carried away and hailed him as the future in that position.

Blackman actually looked like a professional footballer last night for the first time ever, Roberts had a good second half, Grella was consistently wasteful (which isn't like him - not typed sarcastically), Simon looked to have a good dribble and Hanley still thinks he's playing for Allardyce, though to be honest there was a lot of long ball last night due to their shoddy defence and numbers behind the ball.

And what of the dick heads sat behind us? They had a good game stating the opposite of everything you just said there.

And what of the dick heads sat behind us? They had a good game stating the opposite of everything you just said there.

Must say that in the main I agree with the dickheads. The more Braddock posts the more I am concerned with his/her powers of observation.

Must say that in the main I agree with the dickheads. The more Braddock posts the more I am concerned with his/her powers of observation.

Which of the following do you disagree with?

Rochina wasn't the best player on the pitch. Not much went right for him. Has looked as though he could be a good player though.

Lowe isn't a right back and his positioning is poor in that position.

Blackman played his best game for the first team.

Simon had close control and nice dribbling skills.

Hanley's distribution was poor and very direct (more direct than others but was not the only one).

Grella was wasteful at times.

Roberts had a good second half.

Petrovic is an serbian national midfelder...give the lad time to adapt, we gave Formica and Rochina 4 months....this is a young lad....he will be a big asset in the future.

How much time did Irish International Keef get by comparison.

How much time did Irish International Keef get by comparison.

Keith really had to hit the ground running, I think Petrovic will have more time to settle.

Maybe he is just very very nervous, I don't see it at all in him, I wish I had seen him for his old club and if he was in a very slow league, or how he was effective.

He's got a lot of hard work to do.

Which of the following do you disagree with?

Rochina wasn't the best player on the pitch. Not much went right for him. Has looked as though he could be a good player though.

Lowe isn't a right back and his positioning is poor in that position.

Blackman played his best game for the first team.

Simon had close control and nice dribbling skills.

Hanley's distribution was poor and very direct (more direct than others but was not the only one).

Grella was wasteful at times.

Roberts had a good second half.

Rochina was excellent. Deserved his MOM.

Blackman was useless as usual.

Hanley was decent if not spectacular.

Grella was always availible as a midfiend outlet.

Roberts had a decent second half-for Roberts.

The rest I agree with. An admission I know. :D

went to the game, simon, (cant spell his surname) looks a class act, involved the whole game, technically good, great composure for the goal, had a good headed chance. roberts, hold-up play good, rest of his play utter sheet, he gots tons of abuse in blackburn end, some of it light hearted, i was right behind the goal and some guys just behind me were shouting things at him, im sure he could hear them. the rest of the team were ok, rochina still tries to do too much but applauded the fans when he was taken off which shows he cares. not a great game, they had some good chances, wasnt ALL one-sided as some on here would have you believe.

Rochina was excellent. Deserved his MOM.

Blackman was useless as usual.

Hanley was decent if not spectacular.

Grella was always availible as a midfiend outlet.

Roberts had a decent second half-for Roberts.

The rest I agree with. An admission I know. :D

Rochina put in a match of the day performance.

Blackman held the ball up well, had a decent cross and a good pass. He was substituted when we moved to one up top as he isn't a winger.

Hanley's defending was very decent I agree, but that's not what I was talking about.

I'm a fan of Grella, think he is one of the best passers at the club. He wasn't last night though. DIdn't shirk from getting involved though, but that's not what I was referring to.

Roberts had a decent second half for anyone, and therefore a good second half for him.

Archived