BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

Pedersen could return after hamstring injury but Dunn and Nelsen still out as are Salgado and Goodwillie. Slew is cup tied but Grella and Vukcevic could feature

you sound like the SSN ticker.. john! :);)

my team would be :

bunn

lowe

hanley

dann (needs game time.. match fitness)

ribiero (lb)

petrovic

grella

vuckevic

pedersen

rochina

yakubu

id like henley and morris to be given a run-out too.

crowd will be really low.. prob around 6 or 7,000. looking forward to it though :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see if R4G was right with the team, hope he isn't as I don't want to see Blackman play...it's pointless - we need to keep feeding the new boys with first team experience.

I really hope Yak plays some part as the more match fitness he gets the better. Also he is a confidence player so another brace would set him up nicely for the weekend game.

I hope we put on a killer display. Shef Weds was an oportunity to do so, but we took our foot off the pedal.

We need to develop the "no mercy" policy, ala ManUre. We need to instill the winning, destroying attitude. Pleenty time for niceness off the pitch.

I usually park at the top of Heys Lane but with it going to be a low attendence and easier to get away I want to park a bit closer - where's decent / cheap near the ground?

I expect us to score at least 3 tonight - hopefully not all within the first 7 minutes again tho...

I'd like to see :

Bunn

Bruno Hanley Dann Henley

Grella Petrovic

Vukcevic Lowe Olssen

Rochina

Lowe has to play at right back again. Also Henley should be given a chance on left.

I dunno. I want to see what he's like in midfield. There has to be something about him. We know he can defend, and he seems a good bit more mobile and energetic than the likes of Nzonzi or petrovic. I'd like to see him partnered with either one of them tonight and I think it's a great time to do so. Also still curious about bruno. Heard he scored a cracking goal recently? Don't know if anyone saw it.

Players

I can't think off the top of my head any players that have played for both Rovers and Orient (anyone?).

:brfc:

Tommy Jonhston(sp?) scored a lot of goals. We signed him and he helped us get promoted.

Quite right. Tommy Johnstone we bought from Leyton Orient to replace Tommy Briggs. He was a good servant to us, scored many goals and later returned to Orient, I think.

I am one of Steve Kean's 99%. I'm going tonight and switching to the Jack Walker Upper; same seat as previous round; a cracking view.

I remember seeing Tommy Johnstone play in Bill Eckersley's testimonial.

I probably went to the match in 1962 interesting to see lawther was in the side, McEvoy must have been injured ?

I also have a vague memory of a pre season friendly in the early '70s ?

Fairly happy with that team. Would have preferred to see Bruno at right back, Lowe in midfield and Blackman on the bench but can't complain otherwise. Should be more than enough to do the job, hopefully Grella gets through the 90 minutes unscathed.

The players starting will be the following:

GK Bunn, RB Lowe, CB Hanley, CB Givet, LB Olsson, CM Petrovic, CM Grella, CM Vukevic, CF Rochina, CF Roberts, CF Blackman,

Think he's gonna play 3 up top with Rochina dropping into the hole behind Roberts and Slew. :)

These players will make up the team if there are no injuries etc... :)

Team:

Bunn, Lowe, Givet ( c ), Hanley, Olsson, Rochina, Petrovic, Grella, Vukcevic, Blackman, Roberts.

Subs: Robbo, Formica, N'zonzi, Dann, Hoilett, Yak, Bruno

Spot on mate

Archived