SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS.

I don't remember people being quite so annoyed when we signed Julio Cruz.

I think continually posting about it Myles shows a lack of creativity.

We've gone through this.

Family of Harford and Dalglish got contracts. Family of RSC got contract. Family of football agent got contract.

All naked forms of nepotism, however one stands out a little more.

7104, lowest crowd for 20 years?

Who cares? It was possibly one of the poorest teams we have played for ages too....and they brought a very small support considering how often they play a much bigger/ better team. Home support must have been similar to many other games that we have played in previous seasons such as Birmingham/ Bournemouth & Norwich in the league cup.

Who cares? It was possibly one of the poorest teams we have played for ages too....and they brought a very small support considering how often they play a much bigger/ better team. Home support must have been similar to many other games that we have played in previous seasons such as Birmingham/ Bournemouth & Norwich in the league cup.

Just asking the question Hughesy

We've gone through this.

Family of Harford and Dalglish got contracts. Family of RSC got contract. Family of football agent got contract.

Why?

Because Jerome is a bad, bad man?

He was an advisor and major influence at the time. Which unfortunately turned out to be a very bad situation. But why keep mentioning it ALL the time?

We were left paying Julio's wages after Roque had jumped ship.

And comparing him to Julio shows a lack of understanding of the situation.

Julio was signed to try and keep our star striker happy. Nothing wrong with trying to protect your biggest asset. It was completely in Rovers' interest to make Roque feel as comfortable as possible.

Why should we be bending over to keep a football agent happy? How is that in Rovers' best interests?

Expect better from you usually, unless it was deliberately facetious.

Myles hasn't been near the team since his dad was supposedly replaced behind the scenes.

Funny that. It's almost as if he was signed because his Dad was heavily involved with Rovers.

As for the game, good to see our new signings getting more game time and Vukcevic getting a goal on his debut.

I think I am at odds with a few - as I thought Simon distinctly average and a little slow. I had hoped for so much more - but it was his first match (well taken goal though).

Also Grella showed in glimpses what he can do by breaking up play well but his passing was average at best.

Again disappointed with Petrovic who is still striggling with pace of game.

Guest Rovers4Good

The players starting will be the following:

GK Bunn, RB Lowe, CB Hanley, CB Givet, LB Olsson, CM Petrovic, CM Grella, CM Vukevic, CF Rochina, CF Roberts, CF Blackman,

Think he's gonna play 3 up top with Rochina dropping into the hole behind Roberts and Slew. :)

These players will make up the team if there are no injuries etc... :)

Can someone tell me what the actual team was last night? :lol::xmas:

Hey den where are you? Kean must have listened to you. Here he is criticising the performance:

Kean said: "I thought we made hard going of it and I wasn't too pleased with how we played the first half. We were a bit slow with our passing, there were too many backwards and square and when Orient had it we didn't show enough intensity to get it back so I thought we were poor.

"But reflecting on the whole game, when they came back into it we should have been four or five goals in front. But for poor finishing and a good goalkeeping performance I think the game would have been out of sight. I felt we had the possession but we didn't get it out wide."

(Guardian)

ps I found myself watching Keith playing for Ipswich the other day. Just can't seem to kick the habit! :blink:

Where am I? It's 3:27am here when you posted this.

So being honest isn't difficult then? He can learn a lot from this site if he wants. [insert smilie.]

Plus ça change, John, (plus c'est la même chose).

C'est vrai Oz.

I'm not sure it's worth drawing any conclusions from games like these. It's just important to get through them, as we are on a hiding to nothing. It was comfortable and you always felt that Rovers could score again if they needed to, but it should be given the opposition. But then again plenty of us have seen us mess up in these sort of games before.

Anyway, having said I shouldn't, here's my thoughts. I thought Grella did a decent job, always available - a few passes astray but then he probably made way more than anyone else so a few are bound to. Roberts had quite a tough game with his Orient marker, who did a damn sight better job than Roger Johnson managed in the Wolves game. That was until he tired in the last 20 minutes and Roberts then was beating him at will. Rochina is a rare talent who will always do the occasional stupid thing, but hopefully will mature as he gets a bit older and get to learn how and when to get rid. His set piece play was excellent - how many times did he put the ball on Hanley's head in the second half for example?

Yeah can't stand that. Didn't go but heard Roberts had a decent game. What is it with some fans that they can't seem to leave their prejudice against certain players to one side and just judge them game to game? The next one will be Salgado by the way if the @sshole who sometimes sits behind me is an decent barometer.

Agreed. I thought Roberts had a good second half. People only acknowledged the poor touches he had (which were few and far between).

He did excellently at one point and I had to clap for half the stand.

Same with Petrovic. Can't do anything right. Another thing. The man can obviously pass a ball. I know he misplaced a few but we wouldn't have bought a player who can't pass ten foot.

Opposite with Rochina. Didn't think he was that great but people loved him. Not sure how he got MOM.

Are you lot mad?

I counted Grellas passes last night for the first hour. Shocking the amount of times he gave the ball away. Slow, lazy and a terrible passer of the ball. Shouldnt be anywhere near the first team ever again and should be released as soon as is possible. Andrews is/was twice the player.

Thought the game was poor but you did get the feeling that we were going through the motions a bit and could have turned it up at any time.

Roberts had a decent second half I thought but not many other performances of note apart from their keeper who had a stormer. Good to see a few players get minutes in the legs and hopefully Simon will be approching match fitness soon.

You can't read too much into these games but Im still really worried at how easily we are broken down and conceeding goals for fun. This team hasnt turned a corner in my opinion and we are going to continue to really struggle.

Agreed. I thought Roberts had a good second half. People only acknowledged the poor touches he had (which were few and far between).

He did excellently at one point and I had to clap for half the stand.

Same with Petrovic. Can't do anything right. Another thing. The man can obviously pass a ball. I know he misplaced a few but we wouldn't have bought a player who can't pass ten foot.

Opposite with Rochina. Didn't think he was that great but people loved him. Not sure how he got MOM.

Same here. I thought Rochina was going through the motions a bit and couldnt really be bothered. Looked ok but I was shocked when he got man of the match.

His penalty was pretty poor - weak and not into the corner of the net, had the keeper guessed right then the save would have been easy with the lack of power or precision applied, he got away with it!

His hold up play? He managed to bundle his way a few times, but also gave away a few fouls and constantly just held his man, whilst trying to win a free-kick. Yes he managed to hold up one or two balls, but he's paid to score goals.....his finishing as always was p!ss poor.

Usually when a player is through your on your feet excited...tonight as Roberts went through I knew the outcome before he even shot and therefore stayed in my seat.

He put the penalty the opposite side of the goal to the keeper you nonce. Some players wait for the keeper to move before placing it rather than just smacking it. Hence what the dummy run up was for.

His hold up play is outstanding. Last night he won high balls to feet every time.

Hoilett missed two sitters which were as easy as the two chances Roberts got (other than the one he scored).

Also, we're playing a footballing system whereby the forward man/striker is there to bring in the attacking three right behind him.

We've gone through this.

Kenny could have played his dog at right-back and I still would have been happy...

You can't read too much into these games but Im still really worried at how easily we are broken down and conceeding goals for fun. This team hasnt turned a corner in my opinion and we are going to continue to really struggle.

I was fairly forgiving in the defensive frailties - as I think the match was at times too easy - and players switched off. My main concern though - is it is yet again midfield that really isn't covering. Watching Petrovic play slightly forward of Grella - (as Nzonzi did of Petrovic against Arsenal) - I think it is a deliberate tactic to have one more forward than the other (i.e. not two out and out defensive midfield players). Personally I don't think this works - especially when our wingers are more like forwards - and don't track back particularly well.

Be interesting to see who starts against Newcastle - but I will be very disappointed if Olsson isn't on the wing.

FFS.

Can't really compare the two as Julio was signed to keep our best player happy but Myles was signed to keep a corrupt football agent happy.

We've gone through this.

Plus as coach/manager/player, all those individuals did this club a great service.

Archived