BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

So with Andrews gone the Petrovic bashing commences. The Premier league is littered with players who needed time to settle. Last season Jermaine Jones took time time to settle but turned into one of our better performers towards the end of last term. Petrovic is a proven international player who will take time to adjust. Most fans are waxing lyrical about Rochina and Formica but lets remember they signed in Jan and have had 8 months of reserve team football to adjust to the English game.

Sorry---who's waxing lyrical about Rochina and Formica? They do some good things and are obviously gifted but over the whole 90 minutes week by week are they bursting balloons? No, they are not. And neither is Petrovic as yet. "Time to settle" is alright if you're not fighting relegation now and we are. One result hasn't changed that. Tried and tested Premier League players is what we needed.

If we have 3 off the pace we inevitably struggle. Why do you think the midfield is consistently over-run? Why is the defence under such constant pressure?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith really had to hit the ground running, I think Petrovic will have more time to settle.

Maybe he is just very very nervous, I don't see it at all in him, I wish I had seen him for his old club and if he was in a very slow league, or how he was effective.

He's got a lot of hard work to do.

He was.

I can see it will take a lot of hard work, commitment, and patient fans for him to get where he needs to be.

Obvious ability though.

Also, I agree that he appears nervous :blink:

Rochina put in a match of the day performance.

Blackman held the ball up well, had a decent cross and a good pass. He was substituted when we moved to one up top as he isn't a winger.

Hanley's defending was very decent I agree, but that's not what I was talking about.

I'm a fan of Grella, think he is one of the best passers at the club. He wasn't last night though. DIdn't shirk from getting involved though, but that's not what I was referring to.

Roberts had a decent second half for anyone, and therefore a good second half for him.

Not too far apart then are we? Amazing!

I parked on Albion Road Car Park on Tuesday night - went to get in the car yesterday morning and noticed some t&%" has keyed it all down the boot. First and last time I will be parking there. Is anyone else aware of it happening to car's parked here?

Keith really had to hit the ground running, I think Petrovic will have more time to settle.

Maybe he is just very very nervous, I don't see it at all in him, I wish I had seen him for his old club and if he was in a very slow league, or how he was effective.

He's got a lot of hard work to do.

He was.

I can see it will take a lot of hard work, commitment, and patient fans for him to get where he needs to be.

Obvious ability though.

Also, I agree that he appears nervous :blink:

Could this be the same problem as affected Kalinic? Accepting that we never really had a style that suited Kalinic, do the people who recommend players from other European leagues not make allowances for the pace at which our Premier League is played?

And what steps do the management take to assess such players before signing them?

I parked on Albion Road Car Park on Tuesday night - went to get in the car yesterday morning and noticed some t&%" has keyed it all down the boot. First and last time I will be parking there. Is anyone else aware of it happening to car's parked here?

We"ve been parking here (right hand side as you drive in) for nearly twenty years and had no trouble (YET)

We are often the last car on the car park after a few bevvies in the Aqueduct but we never leave it overnight.

Archived