BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Leyton Orient

cn174

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be bothered to read through all the (6) pages but is Goodwillie injured since he is not featured? Otherwise I think it's a good lineup, Rovers will win this easily (now watch this comment jinx it (or even better...Kean does some "Manager"-mojo in the dugout and at halftime that'll see us lose..))

whos steve irwin?

because hes not playing,

cant even give the usual hes one for the future excuse with bruno, anyway im glad lowe is playing at rb if he does well there he can make the position his own(salgados haggered and way past it).

Kean compared Bruno to Dennis Irwin ex MU fullback

whos steve irwin?

because hes not playing,

cant even give the usual hes one for the future excuse with bruno, anyway im glad lowe is playing at rb if he does well there he can make the position his own(salgados haggered and way past it).

Kean compared Bruno to Dennis Irwin ex MU fullback

Really enjoyed the game tonight, spoiled only by the numpties in front of me who shouted abuse at Roberts all evening (obviously coming to terms with losing last seasons scapegoat, Andrews). They even refused to cheer when he scored the penalty. I was reminded of why I don't make a habit of sitting in the JW stand.

• Backroom

2 goals conceded to Orient with givet and Hanley at central defense...nuff said...

The second was clearly Lowes fault, he had a poor game all night.

Lowe, Grella, Petrovic all very poor IMO.

Rochina and Vukcevic the highlights of a poor game and Roberts did well second half.

Rovers never looked like not winning that game for me we always looked like we could step it up if need be. I wouldn't have brought the Yak on though not worth the risk.

Job done

Really enjoyed the game tonight, spoiled only by the numpties in front of me who shouted abuse at Roberts all evening (obviously coming to terms with losing last seasons scapegoat, Andrews). They even refused to cheer when he scored the penalty. I was reminded of why I don't make a habit of sitting in the JW stand.

Although as you know I was in the JW tonight, we usually have the same problem in our usual seats in the Blackburn End. The pecking order was always Andrews, Pedersen and then Roberts to boo. They were really thrown on Saturday when they had no one to boo until they decided to set about Givet. It wouldn't be so bad if they only booed when they did something wrong but they seem to find any excuse. They didn't have the wit to see that at least some of the deficiency was Hoillet's fault as he is a favourite.

Rochina star of the night, followed by Vukcevic. Both looked to make things happen. Hoilett also did well when he joined the game at HT.

28 shots on goals, just 3 goals....poor finishing mainly by Roberts.

Roberts was frustrating and poor. Once again missed a one on one, and hit about 4 chances straight at the keeper!! :rolleyes:

Lowe & Grella were also poor. Blackman as always pathetic! Petrovic poor passing in the 1st half, but improved in the 2nd half a little.

3-2 looks like we were lucky but Orient were poor and should have been put to bed much earlier. Burnley at home next please!

Although as you know I was in the JW tonight, we usually have the same problem in our usual seats in the Blackburn End. The pecking order was always Andrews, Pedersen and then Roberts to boo. They were really thrown on Saturday when they had no one to boo until they decided to set about Givet. It wouldn't be so bad if they only booed when they did something wrong but they seem to find any excuse. They didn't have the wit to see that at least some of the deficiency was Hoillet's fault as he is a favourite.

Plus ça change, John, (plus c'est la même chose).

thats interesting, Petrovic is the one player I have looked and thought, I really can't see how he is going to make it in the fast pace PL.

Obviously I'm holding back judgement but IMO he's playing worse then Andrews and todays reports are disappointing.

Oh well hopefully he's just settling in :)

My comments on the game.

It was really won at a canter. The Orient goals were the result of complacency.

Rochina was class and really showed how good he can be.

The Orient keeper was brilliant and really kept the score down.

Vulcevic had a very promising debut.

Grella was the man who bossed the midfield and was the one always availible to take the ball when anyone was in trouble. Not my favourite player but fair do's tonight.

Petrovic was not brilliant but improved as the game went on and everyone else did OK.

Bunn was competent but what the hell was his positioning for the second goal?

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Yeah can't stand that. Didn't go but heard Roberts had a decent game. What is it with some fans that they can't seem to leave their prejudice against certain players to one side and just judge them game to game? The next one will be Salgado by the way if the @sshole who sometimes sits behind me is an decent barometer.

Archived