BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Keans exciting signings

chris

Wasn't Johnson the more highly rated of the two by the Birmingham fans as well? I think Dann's age made him (apparently) more desirable in the transfer market, but I'm sure Johnson was seen as the better performer.

Givet's second half performance against Fulham was miles better than anything Dann has shown so far.

I think you are right, at least he is playing though.

I'd rather we paid nearer 3.5 million for him max.

Someone was arguing with me on dealine day that he was worth 14 million and I was saying if Samba a proven PL player for years is worth 14m no way Dann is.

Maybe he'll improve as he's only 24 and they normally peak in late 20's early 30's.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happening with our senior players Nelsen, Dunn, Pedersen, Grella etc.?

Are they still injured or is this just part of Kean's "the more we play youngsters, the more success we have" policy?

Three of them injured, one might as well be.

I'm another who is really disappointed with Scott Dann. He looks nothing like a £7 million defender. Perhaps we're finding out why no other clubs went anywhere near him, and why he was relegated last year.

I'm definitely not writing him off as a bad signing yet, but we haven't kept a clean sheet all season and he hasn't looked anywhere near as solid as we were lead to believe he is.

Danns young enough and still learning, though learning from who at Ewood not quite sure on that one.

What's happening with our senior players Nelsen, Dunn, Pedersen, Grella etc.?

Are they still injured or is this just part of Kean's "the more we play youngsters, the more success we have" policy?

To be honest of those four it looks like the only one who is going to be able to play more than ten games this season is Pedersen. We could probably use him at the moment to be honest, just for a bit of experience.

Dunn, Nelsen and Grella (surprise) all seem to be really struggling with injuries, and with all three well past thirty I think we won't be seeing too much more of them which, in Dunn and Nelsens case, is a bit of a shame.

To be honest of those four it looks like the only one who is going to be able to play more than ten games this season is Pedersen. We could probably use him at the moment to be honest, just for a bit of experience.

Dunn, Nelsen and Grella (surprise) all seem to be really struggling with injuries, and with all three well past thirty I think we won't be seeing too much more of them which, in Dunn and Nelsens case, is a bit of a shame.

Poor though Pedersen is coming forward, he does at least put a shift in defending. He would be a starter at the moment imo.

As for Dann---no, he doesn't look worth 7M. Is that what we paid for him? He's playing better than Hanley though who might well be in the side now if we hadn't made a signing. Dann has form though and Premier League experience so I'm not complaining about him.

Beg to differ- he was poor when he started but I am very confident he is exactly who we need alongside Nzonzi if he can get and stay fit.

Here lies Vincenzo "Vince" Grella.

"If only we could get him fit."

Rumour has it that Ryan is really, really struggling. Will we see him again in a competitive match for Rovers ? IMV, sheer folly to play him at Villa, he clearly wasn't ready.

Dunn, IMV, is no more than a 1 in 4 game man.

As far Grella, the guy is never, ever fit and for him to be of real use, he needs a run of half a dozen games which her never looks like achieving!

Finally, Kean makes me cry when he talks about 'youth' versus experience - who's decision was it to let Diuofy & Skippy go ? IMV, he's just a feckin moron.

Beg to differ- he was poor when he started but I am very confident he is exactly who we need alongside Nzonzi if he can get and stay fit.

I don't know that he is exactly what we need but he is all that we've got! If he is fit we should try him. He will get stuck in and he can pass a bit. A no-brainer to me but then again the manager has no brain.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to point out, anyone else think Yakubu has really slowed down, he is out run easy, I bet 4 years ago he would have had a brace this weekend.

Funny enough we talk about the new players but its the old ones that are working the hardest for Kean, such as Nzonzi, Givet, Olssen and Pedersen.

Just want to point out, anyone else think Yakubu has really slowed down, he is out run easy, I bet 4 years ago he would have had a brace this weekend.

Funny enough we talk about the new players but its the old ones that are working the hardest for Kean, such as Nzonzi, Givet, Olssen and Pedersen.

I don't think anyone can humanly work harder than Formica. The boy gives his all

Yesterday I thought that was Roberts in a Yakubu costume. It was the bending over to try (and fail) to win free kicks instead of trying to win the header that gave him away.

Spot on, Chris, these guys worked their socks off yesterday. Just goes to show Kean doesn't trust his own players. I thought Peds put in an incredible shift and, in his preferred role, Givet showed so much heart. Fully deserved MOTM.

Spot on, Chris, these guys worked their socks off yesterday. Just goes to show Kean doesn't trust his own players. I thought Peds put in an incredible shift and, in his preferred role, Givet showed so much heart. Fully deserved MOTM.

He started with 3 of his own signings, 3 from the youth team, 2 of Sam's, 1 of Ince's, 1 of Hughes' and one of Souness'. Pretty fair cross-section in my opinion.

His signings are not the problem. Some have taken longer than others to gel, but none of those signed for the first team who have been here for any length of time have let us down. The problem is we have a manager with no previous experience to fall back on who is learning on the job at a time when we NEED an experienced hand.

Archived