BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Here’s my two pennies worth and a bit more!

doowe

It’s not just that Speedie, it’s not just about plastic fans and granite fans; it’s about the entity that is Blackburn Rovers. I don’t know how you feel about it but Rovers is just as much part of my family as my sister in law, or cousin. It’s part of my day, my week, and my life. Parts of my life revolve around Rovers and I have emotional attachments to it as if it were truly part of my family.

You do not want your family to fail Speedie, you do not want it to become less than what it can be, and in my mind, should be. If your cousin was in an abusive relationship, or a highly negative one, you would want her to pull out of it - to do better for herself. You would not stand idly by and hope that things would get better, you would try and help the matter, you would be proactive.

Rovers without significant money from either Sky or the owners cannot be sustained in its present form, no way, no how, and there is no way that it can be argued that it can. We do not have the fans when things are going well, or the merchandising, franchises, whatever, to sustain what the club is now. If Kean does not become the resurrection and the light and pull off a miraculous conception of managerial aptitude we are pretty much out of the frying pan and into the inferno.

The club deserves better, WE CAN BE BETTER. We have the tools, the talent, but not a steady hand managerial wise. We do not really have a hand at all, we have the creature from the black lagoons twisted claw, a flaccid one at that.

Exactly, if your family fails you don't walk out on them. We are currently failing. All i ever wanted to do when i was a kid was play for Rovers, not because we were in X, Y or Z league but because it was the Rovers. My mates would be there (the one's that aren't clarets), my family and i dreamt about scoring in front of the old Blackburn end. When my mates dad first took me to watch Rovers and as a kid you are watching Howard Gayle give the ref the middle finger, well then i was sold for life.

I totally understand peoples fears, i get that, but there will always be a club. In my lifetime only Aldershot have gone out of business, and a few have had a god damn good go at going out of business and not managed it. Without doubt we deserve better, but if we don't get it we will keep going.

Does it? Maybe those fans sincerely believe there is no Blackburn Rovers left. In the "dark days" he was talking about, did we have owners as callous, unconcerned, reckless, destructive and downright stupid as Venkys? If a bunch of Burnley fans took over Rovers, would you still consider it Rovers? They could do no worse a job than Venkys are doing.

The owners are seemingly hell bent on destruction of the club, the manager is an empty puppet, the senior management structure has been wiped out, the fans are totally ignored and the playing staff is being slowly decimated to be replaced with a sports agency's waste products. Does this even sound like a football club, never mind proud little Blackburn Rovers? The way things are going eventually there will be very little of anything of this club left.

As much as I admire the gritting one's teeth and trying not to let it affect you attitude, my approach is do something, do anything to prevent this. I literally can't believe the attitude of the majority of our fans who are yet to join the protests. Have so few of us any fire in our bellies to fight what is happening?

You said when we give up and Rovers go down and lose half their support. That was his point

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Doowe's point though, no matter where you watch Rovers it's still the Rovers. It's not about the league, the manager or the decade. It's about supporting 11 blokes in Blue and White.

But it's more than that, it's about caring about the stadium, the heritage, and the staff that contribute to the well being of the club. Everything that was built by Jack Walker and co. All the infrastructure that John Williams brought to the club.

It seems that according to Doowe if you're a true fan and you can see your club being used like a piece of garbage, you should put up and shut up. And if you don't you aren't a fan.

It seems that the message is, if you care enough to be angry about the club being mismanaged (and that's being kind, let's not forget that the majority of Rovers fans have been very forgiving of bad decisions by the previous ownership, and for most part of been very forgiving of the current ownership) then that's not being a proper fan.

You can't hold the simple view that if we go back to the "dark days" that Rovers will somehow survive. There's too much that goes into the running of a football club these days to be that parochial. If Rovers go down, it'll be an absolute disaster in more ways than one.

So we go down to Div 4 (seeing as we're talking hypothetically about the "dark days"), we'll still support the club. Will you really? Do you think a stadium like Ewood Park could be supported with the gates they'll get in Div 4? Some folks seem to take it for granted that BRFC will be around for ever it seems. There's no reason why it shouldn't be, but look at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. These are bigger clubs than our humble team. Sleeping giants? They were giants! Ruined by poor businessmen and bad management.

You may want to gamble with the future of the club with a novice manager, I for one do not.

Exactly, if your family fails you don't walk out on them. We are currently failing. All i ever wanted to do when i was a kid was play for Rovers, not because we were in X, Y or Z league but because it was the Rovers. My mates would be there (the one's that aren't clarets), my family and i dreamt about scoring in front of the old Blackburn end. When my mates dad first took me to watch Rovers and as a kid you are watching Howard Gayle give the ref the middle finger, well then i was sold for life.

I totally understand peoples fears, i get that, but there will always be a club. In my lifetime only Aldershot have gone out of business, and a few have had a god damn good go at going out of business and not managed it. Without doubt we deserve better, but if we don't get it we will keep going.

You said when we give up and Rovers go down and lose half their support. That was his point

See this is why it is so utterly strange, because we all want the same thing in reality and even if we do not get it, we will still cherish what is left. The divide here is what one is willing to do to preserve what we have right now. There is no argument that whatever Rovers becomes will still be cherished by everyone besides a small minority to whom the Premier League is the only football on the planet. I have said before if we fielded four sheep, a pig, a donkey, three mice, and a lama I would cheer those buggers on. Nothing exists to me come kick-off except those eleven on the field, my whole spirit of hope is directed at them. I will not however subscribe to being lied to and led by an incompetent.

I think that if we go down this time, there will be no coming back. We will be stripped and the bones left to weather.

Yeah exactly. The passion some fans are showing to drive those destroying this club out will be the same passion that may cause many to turn away in pain and disgust if we lose. If Kean remains and we go down I haven't personally decided yet whether I could continue to support such a diseased mockery of what my club once was. I couldn't care less what league we're in, who we're playing or how good we are if Rovers is still Rovers. The point is it probably won't be, just a damaged toy owned by some rich uncaring business.

See this is why it is so utterly strange, because we all want the same thing in reality and even if we do not get it, we will still cherish what is left. The divide here is what one is willing to do to preserve what we have right now. There is no argument that whatever Rovers becomes will still be cherished by everyone besides a small minority to whom the Premier League is the only football on the planet. I have said before if we fielded four sheep, a pig, a donkey, three mice, and a lama I would cheer those buggers on. Nothing exists to me come kick-off except those eleven on the field, my whole spirit of hope is directed at them. I will not however subscribe to being lied to and led by an incompetent.

I think that if we go down this time, there will be no coming back. We will be stripped and the bones left to weather.

Maybe i am being naive or have my head in the sand, but i can't see relegation being "The End" so to speak and by that i am not in any way saying Venky's will save us or anything, but it takes a hell a lot for a club to go bang, a hell of a lot.

Seen the Lama play before, he is big time, will not put a graft in.

On another note, I have a sporting bet with my mate (fellow Rover) that Kean will be in charge next year on the first day of the Championship.

And then???????????????????

They went! And about 5 years of stable government followed during which many reforms were made which have survived the ages.

Problem was---there was no obvious successor so we went back to the tried and true-----------monarchy!

The nearest equivalent to that would be the Walker family!

Maybe i am being naive or have my head in the sand, but i can't see relegation being "The End" so to speak and by that i am not in any way saying Venky's will save us or anything, but it takes a hell a lot for a club to go bang, a hell of a lot.

A hell of a lot is happening at the moment. The infrastructure of the club is completely different to what it was just a year ago and not for the better.

I would not take that bet.

Believe me i don't want to win it. If we are within a chance of staying up all year this lot won't sack him.

One thing i considered today, if Venkys are going to be at the game, can they bring banners? ha ha

A hell of a lot is happening at the moment. The infrastructure of the club is completely different to what it was just a year ago and not for the better.

I was meaning other clubs, Chelsea, Pompey, Leeds and many many more have all been run into the ground, some by fair means, some by foul. But yet none one of them has ceased to exist.

Believe me i don't want to win it. If we are within a chance of staying up all year this lot won't sack him.

One thing i considered today, if Venkys are going to be at the game, can they bring banners? ha ha

I was meaning other clubs, Chelsea, Pompey, Leeds and many many more have all been run into the ground, some by fair means, some by foul. But yet none one of them has ceased to exist.

Sheffield Wednesday and Pompey have both been very near misses though. Wimbledon also don't exist don't forget. MK Dons aren't the same club, and the current team of Wimbledon are a new creation.

I really wouldn't want to chance it. Portsmouth were bailed out by yet more new owners not so long ago. Their first Championship season ended with them near the bottom of the table. That story isn't yet over.

If we went down a couple of divisions we'd really struggle. Player wages, stadium costs. How do you maintain such a large scale operation when you're down there? It's simple you don't, but downscaling isn't easy as some clubs have proven.

Just seen that Everton are being courted by Indian investors.

Sheffield Wednesday and Pompey have both been very near misses though. Wimbledon also don't exist don't forget. MK Dons aren't the same club, and the current team of Wimbledon are a new creation.

I really wouldn't want to chance it. Portsmouth were bailed out by yet more new owners not so long ago. Their first Championship season ended with them near the bottom of the table. That story isn't yet over.

If we went down a couple of divisions we'd really struggle. Player wages, stadium costs. How do you maintain such a large scale operation when you're down there? It's simple you don't, but downscaling isn't easy as some clubs have proven.

Just seen that Everton are being courted by Indian investors.

No i agree, i would not want to risk it, and i am not saying it's a brilliant alternative to staying up. I am talking in terms of last chance saloon, it would be ok and you would rise again. The players would be shipped out and wage bill slashed.

Think that might be Kenwright trying to whip up some interest in Everton. Now there is a club with a huge fan base, huge tradition and potentially on the brink of disaster. To buy we are without doubt a better alternative than Everton.

I just can't see the club rising again though Speedie Dived. I'd be lying to myself if I believed that.

Although about two months ago I heard from a long-term friend of the Walkers (Jacks kids, not his brothers) that they were interested in buying back into the club, unhappy at how things have gone with the change of ownership. Perhaps they are monitoring the situation and if we did go down may look to rescue the club?* One can hope as I can't see us staying up.

*That bits just me speculating by the way. Just in case of any confusion.

Heres my two pennies worth,

I have been coming on this board practically every day for the last eight to nine years or so but hardly contribute in any discussions, however after reading the stuff wrote on this board the last twelve months or so.... its time for me to have my say,.

Before my rant let me tell you were it all began for me and the Rovers

Born in 1953

Raised in Accrington and went to Holy Family RC School, my dad started taking me to football when I was maybe eight or nine he didnt support any local teams because he was Italian and came over to England in the late 50s but like most Italians he loved football, he used to take me to Stanley, Rovers, Burnley and United, so I got hooked, most weekends off we went with our butties flask and my wooden crate and stand by a barrier,

Why did I choose Rovers?

When I got to the age of 12/13 my dad started to work weekends so I still wanted to go to football so I used get the coach from the Load of Mischief in Clayton, Rovers one week Burnley the next and at time Burnley were by far the most successful team but after a few months for some reason I chose Blackburn Rovers, I have always wondered to myself why? Well the only conclusion I have ever come up with was the colour of the kits, Burnley`s a dark and miserable off red shirts and the grey hills over the stands ( It always seemed to rain on match days) Rovers, Blue and White halves, white shorts and socks and it always seemed sunny on match days!

The Polio outbreak in Blackburn and then the fall from grace relegation

At the time pundits alike said with the players we had we would bounce straight back but after a few false dawns and dwindling crowds, the inevitable, 1970 down we went again and for the first time in their history Blackburn Rovers were in the third tier of English football,

what was it like back then? Agony, despair everyone used to take the ###### back then if you followed the Rovers.

But what the supporters had back then was a sense of togetherness, camaraderie,a belonging all for one, its our team win lose or draw,

Saturday 20 November 1971

FA Cup First Round. Rovers v Port Vale

on that day Rovers were sitting second bottom of the third division and playing Port Vale a division bellow us in the cup, we managed to scrape a draw, replay two days later Monday night off we go on our merry way on the good old Ribblesdale coaches for the replay,

Hammered 3-1... This is your Football Club im talking about, out of the cup bottom of the league no cash the lowest of the low with a one way ticket to oblivion

who to blame? Theres no protests at the games no arguing amongst fans no slagging the manager, players, the Chairman, Directors we were in the ######, why not blame the manager? He brought in the players, why not blame the players? Were they not trying, why not blame the Chairman? He selected the manager,why not blame the Directors? For not getting there hands in there pockets.

Thank god in those days we didnt have all this crap we have now message-boards, twitters, skysports news, podcasts, radio phone ins, et al,

the only media then was the Evening Telegraph and the Blackburn Times and if I remember rightly they ran articles about the crisis Rovers were in and how the town was needed to rally or face the consequences, again nothing was written about whos to blame, basically support it or lose it.

Friday 26 November 1971

Tranmere Rovers v Blackburn Rovers

Four days after the debacle at Port Vale we had a friday night match at Tranmere Rovers who were struggling at the bottom with us, during the week Ken Furphy the manager at that time brought in desperation a centre half from Newcastle John Mcnamee, he was Mean! Those of you who remember Glen Keeley well he could have chewed him up for breakfast,

The Match!

The good people of Blackburn rallied to the call it seemed they were everywhere if I remember rightly we had two sides maybe three of the ground, The Support was unbelieveable this Football Club was not going to die, the people who it meant most too got behind this Football Club regardless of whos was blame for the predicament, we were together a Band of Brothers!

We won 3-1 that night and for the rest of the season coasted in mid-table

That was the bottom line for me, afterwards we set the third division alight maybe always the bridesmaid but never the bride, but we were one of the biggest clubs in that division for three years and didnt we let other clubs know it when we travelled away!

What am I getting at you may all ask?

Simple!

You as Supporters as you say as you are are the life blood of this Football Club, This Football Club that I have loved for years, This Football Club that I and the Band of Brothers followed through the darkest days in Blackburn Rovers history, This Football Club that I have watched on over a hundred and two grounds, This Football Club that is the envy of most, This Football Club that has given you in the last two decades the League Title, League Cup, semi final after semi final, trips all over Europe, Jesus I used to think going Sheffield Wednesday was a big deal

Forget the Banners the Protests the Phone ins, Steve Kean, Venky`s Anderson, whos right whos wrong and all that ###### I cant believe when I come on this messageboard and others that so called supporters of my Football Club are hoping that Rovers lose, another one! Im not going tonight because im not giving any of my money to Venky`s

Please forget whatever agenda you have towards this current regime

as I said You (we) are the life blood of this Football Club dont kill it

in the dark days of 1971 we the Supporters of this Great Club dragged it out of the mire

Blackburn Rovers Football Club needs you all again, ARTE ET LABORE

No smart arse comments if you have owt to say, say it to my face

Blackburn End NO3 Row3 Seat 103

im there EVERY home game are you?

Doowie

I appreaciate what your saying but i dont agree with all that your saying, i think the issue most supports have with the club is the way its run, i dont recall ever being this low when we were relegated 12 years ago, its hard to focus on supporting those 11 players when there so much being done behind the scenes.

Also a lot has changed in 40 years, the majority of clubs were owned by mostly by local business men born and bred in the area or had some kind of affiliation with the club.

Those 11 players we support wont be at this club in 10 years, the club will and this is the major problem for me, the new owners, they have taken the pride away from the club, the way they have conducted there business, the fact they couldnt give a manager a look in and can sack him so easy.

I dont particularly want to watch this club in the Championship ill support the team no matter what the Division we are in, doesnt mean i like it.

In the 70s relegation didnt really have a big financial impact as it does now, and that has an impact on which 11 we will be supporting.

Thing is what state will the club exist in when we get relegated, because that is what will happen given the current state of affairs.

Since the updates to the stadium, infastructure and new facilities the times we have gone down we have been bailed out, will a company like Venkys who bought us as a marketing tool because we are in the premier league still put any funds in to save us?

Times have changed and costs have increased considerably, this isn't the 70s where a small town club could survive, financially we are stuffed if we loose the fanbase and in dire need if we get relegated especially if we have debts.

Unlike the teams mentioned by others here the likes of Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth and co all have potentially large fanbases, in our case we are a small town surrounded by EPL clubs.

Surely as a fan you do not want to see your club fall to bits when it really does not need to?

To me the only way to get things changed is to protest, because Venkys at the end of the day want us as a marketing tool which is useless to them if all that is on TV is protests, as such proper protests will have to illicit a response sooner rather than later. Sitting back and cheering failure is just plain stupid.

To buy we are without doubt a better alternative than Everton.

How are we a better alternative? In relegation places, similar costs, much smaller fanbase, much smaller potential fanbase.. etc etc..

Thing is what state will the club exist in when we get relegated, because that is what will happen given the current state of affairs.

Since the updates to the stadium, infastructure and new facilities the times we have gone down we have been bailed out, will a company like Venkys who bought us as a marketing tool because we are in the premier league still put any funds in to save us?

Times have changed and costs have increased considerably, this isn't the 70s where a small town club could survive, financially we are stuffed if we loose the fanbase and in dire need if we get relegated especially if we have debts.

Unlike the teams mentioned by others here the likes of Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth and co all have potentially large fanbases, in our case we are a small town surrounded by EPL clubs.

Surely as a fan you do not want to see your club fall to bits when it really does not need to?

To me the only way to get things changed is to protest, because Venkys at the end of the day want us as a marketing tool which is useless to them if all that is on TV is protests, as such proper protests will have to illicit a response sooner rather than later. Sitting back and cheering failure is just plain stupid.

How are we a better alternative? In relegation places, similar costs, much smaller fanbase, much smaller potential fanbase.. etc etc..

Any new buyer of Everton has got to commit to stump up for a new stadium. Not sure why but it seems to be a pre-requisite for purchase of the club.

First. A big thank you to all who have contributed this topic

I wrote the article as a heart felt plea to all who care about our Club

a dose of reality to give people on here a feel of what it was like back

the in the “Dark Days”, I don’t think of you as lesser fans or myself a superfan

Never in my wildest dreams back then believe that our Club would be Champions of England

Play in a Cup Final, sit outside a bar in Rembrandt Square and see Rovers everywhere,

but it happened we all know it did,

No one can predict the future, who knows were the Rovers will be in a year, ten even twenty

years, but there WILL still be a Blackburn Rovers Football Club because this Club belongs to

you, not Venky`s or Ali Baba (or whatever his name is) YOU.

Steve Kean

is the bloke up to it? Results suggest no, do I want him as manager? No

do I think he should be sacked? Yes, when? ASAP

will protesting get rid of him any sooner? Don’t know the answer to that one

The Protest

you know my views on the vanguard, posters on here earlier saying im blinkered

I just believe it effects the players on match days not by there efforts on the pitch

but by being alienated by the fans (all this stuff on here about the players arse licking)

Mrs D

I have this vision in my head about the lady,

I see her sat there on her throne in Pune and its ten to five on match days and in come rushing into the room are her little boys and her advisor’s and they give her the news that the Rovers have lost again and everyone telling her Rovers are bottom of the league and the natives or getting restless by the week, “What shall we do?” they ask

Mrs D looks at them, they wait and wait, then she utters four words

“LET THEM EAT CAKE”

Thats it no more on the subject ive said my peace, I didnt come back on here to have a go at certain individuals, you maybe far and away more educated and articulate than I but we all want the same goal and I thank you for it.

Much against my better judgement, I shall pop back in just for this one thread

I too was at the Port Vale and Tranmere games and remember the galvanising effect that John MacNamee had on the team, fans and entire club. Those who say Doowe's history lesson is irrelevent I think really miss the point: a football club is nothing without its history. All of us are attached to the club because of our own personal histories with it; it's not like Rovers is a carnival show that rolls into town like Billy Smart's Circus used to on Ewood car-park.

Anyway, onto the protests. The argument that it is better to do something than do nothing is correct. However, that does not mean that to do anything is better than to do the right thing. The protest strategy, to have any chance of success, has to be clearly thought through and extremely tightly managed. Personally, I think the scope-creep away from Kean Out to a list of demands on how the club should be run is a fatal error. Kean will get sacked sooner or later because all managers do, and maybe the protests can bring the date forward a little. But the new list of demands has no chance.

Firstly, no-one will ever concede control on deciding how the club is run to an angry mob because, if they did, where would it end? Secondly, the new demands are now completely divorced from results on the pitch. If we win the next 8 in a row then the protests about publishing the accounts and whatnot would a) have to continue surely, B) look completely ludicrous and c) have nothing like the support that they do now. The protestors would look like a crackpot fringe. Get back to the point and stick to it: we need a better manager STAT or we will be too far adrift to recover. IF Kean somehow turns it around then so be it.

My last point is that I believe Kean is a lot cleverer than being given credit for and is out-manouvering his detractors. His continual outpouring of comments are not a sign of being delusional but a ploy to draw the fire of the mob away from the players. That is why the players are still behind him, because he is literally taking one for the team. Salgado and Robinson, to name but two, have played significant roles in us being we are - a keeper who lets in 50% of the shots ffs? - and yet are still cheered to the rafters while Kean takes 100% of all the abuse and continually begs for mor via his quotes. I believe he likes nothing better than another round of hysterical "Delusional" abuse because it proves to the team yet again he is taking the shots on their behalf.

Can you explain that?

Now don't slate me cos I don't include every one but, I feel some of this is just young uns on some sort of ego trip, thinking they are all powerful and able to influence the owners, which they won't, rebels without a cause if you will and a sign of the times. I don't doubt they are Rovers fans at heart but I'm still not convinced that all this protesting is anything other than harmful to the team in the long run.

Much against my better judgement, I shall pop back in just for this one thread

I too was at the Port Vale and Tranmere games and remember the galvanising effect that John MacNamee had on the team, fans and entire club. Those who say Doowe's history lesson is irrelevent I think really miss the point: a football club is nothing without its history. All of us are attached to the club because of our own personal histories with it; it's not like Rovers is a carnival show that rolls into town like Billy Smart's Circus used to on Ewood car-park.

Anyway, onto the protests. The argument that it is better to do something than do nothing is correct. However, that does not mean that to do anything is better than to do the right thing. The protest strategy, to have any chance of success, has to be clearly thought through and extremely tightly managed. Personally, I think the scope-creep away from Kean Out to a list of demands on how the club should be run is a fatal error. Kean will get sacked sooner or later because all managers do, and maybe the protests can bring the date forward a little. But the new list of demands has no chance.

Firstly, no-one will ever concede control on deciding how the club is run to an angry mob because, if they did, where would it end? Secondly, the new demands are now completely divorced from results on the pitch. If we win the next 8 in a row then the protests about publishing the accounts and whatnot would a) have to continue surely, B) look completely ludicrous and c) have nothing like the support that they do now. The protestors would look like a crackpot fringe. Get back to the point and stick to it: we need a better manager STAT or we will be too far adrift to recover. IF Kean somehow turns it around then so be it.

Stated something similar on another thread re organisation of the protests. Should back off for a couple of games. Put the onus squarely on the owners to improve things. It would also give the owners opportunity to get rid without it look like they are doing it on the back of a protest.

Just a quick question for ya.

Why is it okay for people who take the moral high ground to insult the people who do not?

Question back at you, what is it with you and this "Moral high ground" thing you keep going on about. I fully understand my situation, as I have not paid for a ticket to Ewood in over 20 years I have not much of a leg to stand on if it comes to deciding whose fan support is greater. I love my Rovers and disagree with what some of this lot are doing I do not mean to belittle ANYONE's fan "ranking" if you will. Just saying I don't get it, it's not anything I would do. Simple as really.

And no I would not mind if we did drop like a stone I would still follow us best I could. Call me a nostalgiac fool if you wish too, I don't give a toss. One other question, just who am I insulting?

Suit yourself USABlue, you can think what you want but as far as I am concerned the 'agenda's' start right at the top in BRFc and I'm damned sure that the last thing you will find up there is any love for the club ....or us!

I will Gordon thank you. I do tend to agree with you on the love at the top point, for sure, we were purchased as a marketing tool, said it from day one, all gonna end in tears. Of course back then I believe I was called some form of idiot too, I think those folks were on some "Moral high ground" though. As for the fans I think the Venky's actually have contempt for the fans.

First. A big thank you to all who have contributed this topic

I wrote the article as a heart felt plea to all who care about our Club

a dose of reality to give people on here a feel of what it was like back

the in the Dark Days, I dont think of you as lesser fans or myself a superfan

Never in my wildest dreams back then believe that our Club would be Champions of England

Play in a Cup Final, sit outside a bar in Rembrandt Square and see Rovers everywhere,

but it happened we all know it did,

No one can predict the future, who knows were the Rovers will be in a year, ten even twenty

years, but there WILL still be a Blackburn Rovers Football Club because this Club belongs to

you, not Venky`s or Ali Baba (or whatever his name is) YOU.

Steve Kean

is the bloke up to it? Results suggest no, do I want him as manager? No

do I think he should be sacked? Yes, when? ASAP

will protesting get rid of him any sooner? Dont know the answer to that one

The Protest

you know my views on the vanguard, posters on here earlier saying im blinkered

I just believe it effects the players on match days not by there efforts on the pitch

but by being alienated by the fans (all this stuff on here about the players arse licking)

Mrs D

I have this vision in my head about the lady,

I see her sat there on her throne in Pune and its ten to five on match days and in come rushing into the room are her little boys and her advisors and they give her the news that the Rovers have lost again and everyone telling her Rovers are bottom of the league and the natives or getting restless by the week, What shall we do? they ask

Mrs D looks at them, they wait and wait, then she utters four words

LET THEM EAT CAKE

Thats it no more on the subject ive said my peace, I didnt come back on here to have a go at certain individuals, you maybe far and away more educated and articulate than I but we all want the same goal and I thank you for it.

You say exactly how I feel. I go back to late sixties, but 'served my time' in the 70's onward. There is a definate split between 'before cash' and after cash supporters. The before cash fans grew up hoping for a little success, the thrill of away games at Cambridge, Oxford, York, Halifax etc. The after cash fans (understandably) didn't have the experience of the old days, and cannot, in their wildest dreams, imagine how it felt to even compete with Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc. never mind win the """"ing league!!! I still pinch myself when I see us in the premier league!!

Archived