BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Here’s my two pennies worth and a bit more!

doowe

It's a personal agenda for me. My personal agenda is that I don't want to see my club in ruins.

But keep sitting on your hands and posting smileys, and if Kean is right and the likes of you are the majority you will get to see if the dark days are such a bad thing. Then give yourself a pat on the back at being a true fan. Well done you.

I don't think I will be able to pat meself on the back. Too busy sitting on me hands see.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I start I want to say your following of the Blues is admirable, it's thorough and it's distinguished. I am afraid to say though, it's irrelevant and to be honest, I couldn't care less when you went, what the weather was or how far back you can remember. Lets talk about here and now shall we? Also you can't come onto a forum and say "no smart arse comments". Did you think people were going to read it and say nothing? I will say what I have to say thank you, and if that isn't good enough i'll tell it to your face too.

So you love the club? Good - we all do. If you loved the club you would take off your rose tinted glasses off, get your head out of your arse and realise that this club you love is going down. If we are not careful it will go down to the depths you witnessed 200 years ago or whenever it was you bleated on about.

We are only loosely the life blood of the club. Thanks to TV money we are only a small part and as each day passes we are being more and more alienated by this motley crew. Should the club continue in this fashion it will get to a point were real TV money dries up i.e the Prem money.

Going of what you said I imagine you don't want relegation to kick us in the goolies come the end of the season. With that in mind I suggest you attempt to do something about it like the rest of the unhappy fans and have the idiot in charge removed before it's to late.

It's about time the blind faith lot started to realise that we cannot live in the past. Shearer is gone, the Prem trophy held at the top of the stairs in the Jack Walker side is 16 years old and King Kenny is in LIverpool slowly turning into an old man.

I struggle to see past next week because of these Venkys and Kean clowns, never mind looking forward.

I know you didn't say it in as many words in your post but I want to say that I am also sick and tired of the same old rhetoric that gets bounded about here and at Ewood in regards to not being a "proper fan". Just because I decided to not go to the Newcastle game, or because I speak out against Kean and Venkys does not make me any less of a fan than anyone else who doesn't do these things. I pay my money week in week out and I will say what the hell I like.

It's because I am a true fan that I have a voice and its because I really do give a monkeys toss about what goes on. Sitting at Ewood and blindly just accepting the crap that I see and hear isn't good enough for me.

Enough said there I think. See you all at the Chelsea massacre game.

Arse of the canine variety given your comments above. Wind your neck in lad.

I don't think I will be able to pat meself on the back. Too busy sitting on me hands see.

Must be easier to have a sense of humour your club being shafted when youre watching games through a lens. I should move away. Maybe that's why Venkys think all is well.

Not sure I can express how deflated I feel. Came home to my excited little uns who'd seen da plane and asked, 'So was he sacked, Mummy?' 'Has he gone?' No. In that second of having to answer my kids I kinda realised that the Venkys (Raos if I want be be polite - actually I don't) are going to keep on lying to us as they always have. They had no intention of coming today yet quite wickedly let the rumour go around. We were lied to yet again.

I struggled with my conscience when they took over. I've been brought up Rovers through and through. When I was a little girl I truly thought the B word was a swear word and that anyone who said it had to have their mouth washed out with soap and water. I still can't say "B'ley" (see, I can't even print it) without wondering if a Monty Python-esque group are going to come and sort me out.

I love Rovers but haven't eaten any meat for over twenty years and am totally against animal cruelty. I know too much about this lot to make it comfortable for me to have the Venkys logo shining at me all around the ground. I'ts not that I'm a miltant veggie; in fact everyone in my family except me eats meat. But I have felt torn about even turning up at the Rovers since they took over and have tried to convince myself that, hey it's OK, they'll soon be gone. And I've done this since they've been here (well not physically). I've told myself it's all about the football and the past.

Tonight I just don't know.

Brilliantly well done to all the people who contributed to the plane, though. I was so elated when I saw that, perhaps that accounts for my melancholy now.

The things is, when we look back in 3 years time when we are looking certain to go into League 1 with Administration looming, will you look back and say:

"I knew things weren't right but cheered the club all the way into League One and argued with anyone who questioned what was happening, I wish I had stood up and protested 3 years ago when it was apparent things were going badly wrong".

Or would you say. "I have at least made my protest and shown my anger at the club being ruined".

Or say, "I don't go any more".

???

I enjoy watching good football, I was no fan of Allardyce but appreciated he was a steady pair of hands. Indeed at one point I argued I'd rather watch us play good football in the Championship than long ball rubbish in the Prem - to much derision from the likes of Theno IIRC :o . So to some extent, I may actually be getting what I wanted. Rather naively, I thought that once Allardyce had gone, we would bring in a manager of equal calibre with a different philosophy...

I hate to say I told you so but I damned well told you so WWWM. :rolleyes: Time and again I asked the anti sams to suggest a better manager who would get better results and who would actually consider taking the job on with our limited financial muscle. Very few answers either. Best suggestion being Holloway with the worst being imo Tugay :lol:, with Jol, the lunatic O'Neill and the terminally useless (as recently proven yet again) Ssshhteve Maclaren being many people's choices in between !! Being stuck for a sensible and workeable alternative didn't stop people calling for Allardyces head did it? There is only one better manager than Allardyce for our club and we had him and he left on a somewhat sour note.

Nice of you to admit though that I was right and you were wrong (and I'm not trying to be smug or smarmy). Sorry but why people have their heads either in the clouds or up their own bottoms to the extent that wild fantasy overrules base common sense and logic is a constant mystery to me.

You can't hold the simple view that if we go back to the "dark days" that Rovers will somehow survive. There's too much that goes into the running of a football club these days to be that parochial. If Rovers go down, it'll be an absolute disaster in more ways than one.

So we go down to Div 4 (seeing as we're talking hypothetically about the "dark days"), we'll still support the club. Will you really? Do you think a stadium like Ewood Park could be supported with the gates they'll get in Div 4? Some folks seem to take it for granted that BRFC will be around for ever it seems. There's no reason why it shouldn't be, but look at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. These are bigger clubs than our humble team. Sleeping giants? They were giants! Ruined by poor businessmen and bad management.

You may want to gamble with the future of the club with a novice manager, I for one do not.

I shudder to think how we will exist if we are relegated and the Venkeymob sell anything of value that isn't nailed down and do a runner. This is a bigger issue than having Steve bloody Kean in charge.

I shudder to think how we will exist if we are relegated and the Venkeymob sell anything of value that isn't nailed down and do a runner. This is a bigger issue than having Steve bloody Kean in charge.

Yes and there are quite a few bigger issues than Steve Kean being in charge if the rumbles coming out of Ewood are to be believed :(

Best suggestion being Holloway with the worst being imo Tugay :lol:, with Jol, the lunatic O'Neill and the terminally useless (as recently proven yet again) Ssshhteve Maclaren being many people's choices in between !!

The irony being that they are ALL a damn sight better manager than the cretin we have now!!

I hate to say I told you so but I damned well told you so WWWM. :rolleyes: Time and again I asked the anti sams to suggest a better manager who would get better results and who would actually consider taking the job on with our limited financial muscle. Very few answers either. Best suggestion being Holloway with the worst being imo Tugay :lol:, with Jol, the lunatic O'Neill and the terminally useless (as recently proven yet again) Ssshhteve Maclaren being many people's choices in between !! Being stuck for a sensible and workeable alternative didn't stop people calling for Allardyces head did it? There is only one better manager than Allardyce for our club and we had him and he left on a somewhat sour note.

Nice of you to admit though that I was right and you were wrong (and I'm not trying to be smug or smarmy). Sorry but why people have their heads either in the clouds or up their own bottoms to the extent that wild fantasy overrules base common sense and logic is a constant mystery to me.

Talking about head in the clouds it's pretty irrelevant really because even if they hadn't sacked Sam I doubt he'd have stuck around over the summer with the (alleged) behind-the-scenes chaos and we'd probably have Kean in charge anyway!

The die was cast I'm afraid when the trust sold us to this lot.

I don't pretend to be a master businessman but even I could see that there was no sensible reason for an Indian chicken company to own a football club. Apparently highly paid advisors, and the body entrusted by Jack with the future of the club could not.

Didn't you suggest Samba as player-manager at one point? :P

If Venky's had the good sense to hire Jol or Martin O'Neil after sacking Sam, chances are you wouldn't be making that post. Who in their right mind ever predicted that Steve Somebody would be made manager?

More likely he was being groomed for the job from day one.

David Conn, from the Guardian, commented that Anderson for a long time believed Kean had the credentials to be a good manager.

Remember Nicko prior to the takeover said Sam's job would be under threat?

JW and Sam are gagged, but would love to know their thoughts on the mess that is BRFC.

David Conn, from the Guardian, commented that Anderson for a long time believed Kean had the credentials to be a good manager.

Remember Nicko prior to the takeover said Sam's job would be under threat?

JW and Sam are gagged, but would love to know their thoughts on the mess that is BRFC.

The correct answer to that should be 'So bloody what?'. Cos why tf DelBoy should have any influence whatsoever on any manager at BRFC absolutely beggars belief and shows the Venkeymob in a very bad light and most definitely not in control.

Doffs cap, I'm ever so umble Theno

* Still think Laudrup would have been a good shout* :P

Thats OK wwwm..... just as long as you've actually learned from your mistakes.

1st post is all a load of guff to me.

Under this regime, we are sinking in every department on and off the field. Relegation beckons, much poorer season tickets sales will be a result and down the slippery slope we will go. People are right to stand up NOW to try and stop this. Not moan about it after the horse has bolted.

And no, I`m not a season ticket holder and do not attend every game. Won`t bore you with my history but I bleed blue and white.

Whilst Doowe's first post made some great points, the simple fact is we as fans backing the club 100% (that includes the manager as well) has made no difference whatsoever when it comes to results on the pitch. Fan power has in the past at Rovers and at other clubs spurred a team on to perform better or achieve great things, however this time it's different.

- This time it's different because we have a manager who is tactically inept. This has been seen countless times by his substitutions, players being dropped for no reason and his inability to react to tactical changes to see out games.

- This time it's different because we have a manager who has won 6 league games in 32 and is averaging less than half a point a game.

- This time it's different because we have a manager whose team hasn't had a clean sheet since April and is letting in an average 2 goals per game.

- This time it's different because we have a manager who every week opens his mouth and deliberately sets out to antagonise the fans with his comments.

When you consider everything about the man in charge and his record to date backing him will make no difference whatsoever. To quote a phrase used by the then Senator Barack Obama in 2008 during the presidential campaign "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

In Kean's case it doesn't matter how much support you give him he is what he is, he is a rubbish manager that will see us relegated and nothing will change that. Backing or no backing.

Last night I went to bed in a funk, tossed and turned and stared at the ceiling. It was one of those nights where you are too tired to stay awake, but too wired to sleep. Woke up tired and grumpy, staggered and made coffee, thought the day could get no worse until I see that Kean is still here. Dejected.

Kean's reckless and highly unprofessional chatter in The Record stinks of a man who knows that he is untouchable, and this is finally the support girder that broke the camels back.

That man is going NOWHERE, he is here for the duration. He is a Philippe Pétain, sent to oversee the scuttling of the club - a puppet figurehead who's only job is to take flack and grin.

We are stuck with it, I can not longer say him, I do not want to be in anyway like that thing.

Support the team with all you have, they are going to need it.

Archived