BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Here’s my two pennies worth and a bit more!

doowe

Here’s my two pennies worth,

I have been coming on this board practically every day for the last eight to nine years or so but hardly contribute in any discussions, however after reading the stuff wrote on this board the last twelve months or so.... its time for me to have my say,.

Before my rant let me tell you were it all began for me and the Rovers

Born in 1953

Raised in Accrington and went to Holy Family RC School, my dad started taking me to football when I was maybe eight or nine he didn’t support any local teams because he was Italian and came over to England in the late 50s but like most Italians he loved football, he used to take me to Stanley, Rovers, Burnley and United, so I got hooked, most weekends off we went with our butties flask and my wooden crate and stand by a barrier,

Why did I choose Rovers?

When I got to the age of 12/13 my dad started to work weekends so I still wanted to go to football so I used get the coach from the Load of Mischief in Clayton, Rovers one week Burnley the next and at time Burnley were by far the most successful team but after a few months for some reason I chose Blackburn Rovers, I have always wondered to myself why? Well the only conclusion I have ever come up with was the colour of the kits, Burnley`s a dark and miserable off red shirts and the grey hills over the stands ( It always seemed to rain on match days) Rovers, Blue and White halves, white shorts and socks and it always seemed sunny on match days!

The Polio outbreak in Blackburn and then the fall from grace “relegation”

At the time pundits alike said with the players we had we would bounce straight back but after a few false dawns and dwindling crowds, the inevitable, 1970 down we went again and for the first time in their history Blackburn Rovers were in the third tier of English football,

what was it like back then? Agony, despair everyone used to take the ###### back then if you followed the Rovers.

But what the supporters had back then was a sense of togetherness, camaraderie,a belonging all for one, its our team win lose or draw,

Saturday 20 November 1971

FA Cup First Round. Rovers v Port Vale

on that day Rovers were sitting second bottom of the third division and playing Port Vale a division bellow us in the cup, we managed to scrape a draw, replay two days later Monday night off we go on our merry way on the good old Ribblesdale coaches for the replay,

Hammered 3-1... This is your Football Club im talking about, out of the cup bottom of the league no cash the lowest of the low with a one way ticket to oblivion

who to blame? Theres no protests at the games no arguing amongst fans no slagging the manager, players, the Chairman, Directors we were in the ######, why not blame the manager? He brought in the players, why not blame the players? Were they not trying, why not blame the Chairman? He selected the manager,why not blame the Directors? For not getting there hands in there pockets.

Thank god in those days we didn’t have all this crap we have now message-boards, twitters, skysports news, podcasts, radio phone ins, et al,

the only media then was the Evening Telegraph and the Blackburn Times and if I remember rightly they ran articles about the crisis Rovers were in and how the town was needed to rally or face the consequences, again nothing was written about whos to blame, basically support it or lose it.

Friday 26 November 1971

Tranmere Rovers v Blackburn Rovers

Four days after the debacle at Port Vale we had a friday night match at Tranmere Rovers who were struggling at the bottom with us, during the week Ken Furphy the manager at that time brought in desperation a centre half from Newcastle John Mcnamee, he was Mean! Those of you who remember Glen Keeley well he could have chewed him up for breakfast,

The Match!

The good people of Blackburn rallied to the call it seemed they were everywhere if I remember rightly we had two sides maybe three of the ground, The Support was unbelieveable this Football Club was not going to die, the people who it meant most too got behind this Football Club regardless of whos was blame for the predicament, we were together a Band of Brothers!

We won 3-1 that night and for the rest of the season coasted in mid-table

That was the bottom line for me, afterwards we set the third division alight maybe always the bridesmaid but never the bride, but we were one of the biggest clubs in that division for three years and didn’t we let other clubs know it when we travelled away!

What am I getting at you may all ask?

Simple!

You as Supporters as you say as you are are the life blood of this Football Club, This Football Club that I have loved for years, This Football Club that I and the Band of Brothers followed through the darkest days in Blackburn Rovers history, This Football Club that I have watched on over a hundred and two grounds, This Football Club that is the envy of most, This Football Club that has given you in the last two decades the League Title, League Cup, semi final after semi final, trips all over Europe, Jesus I used to think going Sheffield Wednesday was a big deal

Forget the Banners the Protests the Phone ins, Steve Kean, Venky`s Anderson, whos right whos wrong and all that ###### I cant believe when I come on this messageboard and others that so called supporters of my Football Club are hoping that Rovers lose, another one! Im not going tonight because im not giving any of my money to Venky`s

Please forget whatever agenda you have towards this current regime

as I said You (we) are the life blood of this Football Club don’t kill it

in the dark days of 1971 we the Supporters of this Great Club dragged it out of the mire

Blackburn Rovers Football Club needs you all again, “ARTE ET LABORE”

No smart arse comments if you have owt to say, say it to my face

Blackburn End NO3 Row3 Seat 103

im there EVERY home game are you?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am... And I give the team my all EVERY game, but I think you're just as bad as those who spend the entire 90 minutes berating the team, manager and owners if you simply roll over and do nothing. Our club is being destroyed in front of us, can you not see that? Can you not see that if something doesnt change dramatically very soon, we'll be straight down to the Championship, penniless and asset stripped? Do you seriously think Venky's will be sticking around, throwing money in to try and get us back up to the Premier League? No. Of course not. Why would they?

Anyone who ever believed that Venky's bought this club as a 'passion' as they told us is an idiot. They bought us to boost their profile, both in India and over here. That's all we are: A tool for them to sell chicken. If you're alright with that, you go on attending every home game with your eyes tightly closed, pretending that everything is perfect, but realise that if we get relegated, they will be out the door faster than you can say 'cluck me that was fast' and it'll be welcome to Portsmouth/Boro/Sheffield Wednesday territory.

I will support the team I love, but I will also stand up for the team I love against idiots who know nothing about football, yet still think they can swan in and change this once proud family club.

Gaahhhd, people who feel we should just sit back and let this happen really irritate me.

Good stuff that. I'd advise to get your tin hat on though. The shriekers wont like this thread.

I'm not sure it'll get too much abuse. I think some will be ashamed to attack it. Most should agree with the sentiment.

Great post i thought. A good rally call that i'd hope might in some way reach some Rovers employees. Its easy to forget exactly what is at stake sometimes.

a lot more then 2 pennies, or should i have said that to your face, can you describe youreself?

nothing wrong with your points, think you are missing the intentions of the protest though.

The same people protesting are the same people supporting the team the most.

but watching a sinking ship when fans can make a difference, thats why they have acted.

When Venkys sacked Sam they said we should be 4th or 5th, they need telling what to do.

wasnt going to reply as doowe's post says nothing really until deryck had his usual little snipe, we are doing these protests because they need to be done to keep our club alive, i could go on but its all been said before.

exactly new thread, same story.

wasnt going to reply as doowe's post says nothing really until deryck had his usual little snipe, we are doing these protests because they need to be done to keep our club alive, i could go on but its all been said before.

Doowe's post says plenty and is a refreshing change from your repetitive, melodramatic guff.

a lot more then 2 pennies, or should i have said that to your face, can you describe youreself?

nothing wrong with your points, think you are missing the intentions of the protest though.

The same people protesting are the same people supporting the team the most.

but watching a sinking ship when fans can make a difference, thats why they have acted.

When Venkys sacked Sam they said we should be 4th or 5th, they need telling what to do.

Same people supporting the team do me a favour, Norwich last saturday theses people protesting and supporting team had to get a banner out after a performance like that, the players gave everything do they they need a banner shoved in there face after the game

exactly new thread, same story.

Well done Doowe, same sentiments from me, it does not really matter what the intentions of the protesters, the owners are just that, the owners and they will do as they please. All the shouting and blustering will not change their minds. One common thread throughout is - we are rovers fans and we will always be rovers fans, premier league or championship or as it was back then, 3rd division, playing Aston Villa in front of 4000

Great post, love reading about stuff like that. As a youngster who started goin in the early 80's i look back on those times fondly and the togetherness there seemed to be then but football has changed a whole heap since then and the main reason we are in the mess were in is because of the whole show of the owners, agents and clown of a erm, manager and it breeds resentment. Agree we should alway's be behind the team and to be fair the fan's have been.

Great post, love reading about stuff like that. As a youngster who started goin in the early 80's i look back on those times fondly and the togetherness there seemed to be then but football has changed a whole heap since then and the main reason we are in the mess were in is because of the whole show of the owners, agents and clown of a erm, manager and it breeds resentment. Agree we should alway's be behind the team and to be fair the fan's have been.

Venkys have made a pigs ear of it, of that there can be no doubt. Steve Kean should never have got the job and shouldn't have it now. However, I don't see how screaming abuse at somebody who is already struggling helps anybody but our opponents. That being said, it is clear now that there are those who have the temerity to claim that they are Rovers supporters, who actually want us to lose games.

Venkys have made a pigs ear of it, of that there can be no doubt. Steve Kean should never have got the job and shouldn't have it now. However, I don't see how screaming abuse at somebody who is already struggling helps anybody but our opponents. That being said, it is clear now that there are those who have the temerity to claim that they are Rovers supporters, who actually want us to lose games.

we tried happy clapping and supporting the team from December - September and unfortunately our opponents still thought all their christmas' had come at once when they played us anyway!

i for one have never ever wanted Rovers to do anything but win!

deryck, glad u are in agreement about venkys and kean but we cant just sit back and say nothing, if we do that then we are as guilty as them, how will keeping quiet change anything? we have to force their hand, what happens when come the end of the season we are relegated? if we act now we can cut out the cancer before it spreads.

Hell yeah, let's sit and do f*** all while our owners destroy our football club!

The protests are directed towards the people who are seemingly dead set on ruining Blackburn Rovers Football Club as we know it, not the club per se. It's unfathomable to me that you can't see that.

What do you think is the best course of action; doing nothing while our club is being destroyed, or trying to force Venky's to get their act together and do something before it's too late?

Playing Vale and Tranmere in League 1/2 will be a pipe dream if there isn't a club left to support!

I love posts like this, I really do.

It goes to show what football is not just a fleeting thing as insubstantial as a wraith, it is a living breathing entity that brings people from all walks of life together. Its something that you grow up with and becomes as much a part of your life as ones skin. We are all in the same boat, rowing like bloody hell, in opposite directions. We all know where we want to go, but we are spinning in the current trying desperately to reach the same destination.

How you row is completely up to you, if you feel better doing what you do, I salute you. Please understand that others have the same right. Belligerence is something that we fans should never have amongst ourselves. I can understand, and appreciate, how you can feel the way you do, and I hope and trust that you can show the same level of understanding towards others. We support the entity that is Blackburn Rovers and we want what is best for her.

Some feel that we are at a very dangerous place, and that we are staring into an abyss that stares back maybe, but I fear there will be no coming back from. I know there is so much rubbish being thrown around, and I agree most of it may not be true... who knows? But what I can tell you? I would rather treat the symptoms than wait. Because I fear we have a cancer, one born from our own faults and expectations. I would rather do some invasive and intrusive surgery than hope for the best. We have all become so accustomed to where we are, but we never ask how, or why is our club still in this position that it is. We have become accustomed to our place in the scheme of things, comfortable with the fact that Rovers will always be here. The name might, but what we knew as Blackburn Rovers is in very serious peril.

Never before have we had owners that are disengaged from the local area, or England for that matter. Never before have we had owners that could quite easily throw up a "For Sale" sign and dust off their hands, never glancing back over their shoulder. This club exists in its current form only due to money. Be it money from Sky... whatever. Your seat and your pie pay a minuscule amount of what it takes to run this money eating machine. I would hazard a guess to say that the amount of money you have paid towards Rovers your entire life would maybe pay Roberts for a month. If we stay the course, say "Yes Petty Officer, and tug our forelock, we will end up losing so much money that the club will look nothing like what we have become accustomed to. You may say, "Well you windbag, I will still support the team" and I would answer "As will I" but I would rather fight for what I love to be as good as it can be, than accept whatever is left after doing nothing.

The Legacy of what Rovers is, or perhaps was, is far more important than a few peoples feelings.

That being said, scream yourself hoarse on Saturday, as I will.

"who you lookin' for

what was his name

you can prob'ly find him

at the football game

it's a small town

you know what I mean

it's a small town, son

and we all support the team"

* with added melodrama for Mr. Spoon.

• Backroom

An interesting post. I don't agree with the general point that we should just sit back and let this happen and support whatever remnants of the club remain after Kean and Venky's are done ruining it (mainly because there may not be a club left to support), but it's nice to read a different viewpoint expressed with a bit of history and thought.

I personally don't think the eras of football can be compared, nor do I think the situations are the same - but I'm not going to attack your post as my opinion on Venky's and Kean and the protests can be found elsewhere.

Here's my two pennies worth,

I have been coming on this board practically every day for the last eight to nine years or so but hardly contribute in any discussions, however after reading the stuff wrote on this board the last twelve months or so.... its time for me to have my say,.

Born in 1953

Raised in Accrington and went to Holy Family RC School, my dad started taking me to football when I was maybe eight or nine he didn't support any local teams because he was Italian and came over to England in the late 50s but like most Italians he loved football, he used to take me to Stanley, Rovers, Burnley and United, so I got hooked, most weekends off we went with our butties flask and my wooden crate and stand by a barrier,

Why did I choose Rovers?

When I got to the age of 12/13 my dad started to work weekends so I still wanted to go to football so I used get the coach from the Load of Mischief in Clayton, Rovers one week Burnley the next and at time Burnley were by far the most successful team but after a few months for some reason I chose Blackburn Rovers, I have always wondered to myself why? Well the only conclusion I have ever come up with was the colour of the kits, Burnley`s a dark and miserable off red shirts and the grey hills over the stands ( It always seemed to rain on match days) Rovers, Blue and White halves, white shorts and socks and it always seemed sunny on match days!

The Polio outbreak in Blackburn and then the fall from grace "relegation"

At the time pundits alike said with the players we had we would bounce straight back but after a few false dawns and dwindling crowds, the inevitable, 1970 down we went again and for the first time in their history Blackburn Rovers were in the third tier of English football,

what was it like back then? Agony, despair everyone used to take the ###### back then if you followed the Rovers.

But what the supporters had back then was a sense of togetherness, camaraderie,a belonging all for one, its our team win lose or draw,

on that day Rovers were sitting second bottom of the third division and playing Port Vale a division bellow us in the cup, we managed to scrape a draw, replay two days later Monday night off we go on our merry way on the good old Ribblesdale coaches for the replay,

Hammered 3-1... This is your Football Club im talking about, out of the cup bottom of the league no cash the lowest of the low with a one way ticket to oblivion

who to blame? Theres no protests at the games no arguing amongst fans no slagging the manager, players, the Chairman, Directors we were in the ######, why not blame the manager? He brought in the players, why not blame the players? Were they not trying, why not blame the Chairman? He selected the manager,why not blame the Directors? For not getting there hands in there pockets.

Thank god in those days we didn't have all this crap we have now message-boards, twitters, skysports news, podcasts, radio phone ins, et al,

the only media then was the Evening Telegraph and the Blackburn Times and if I remember rightly they ran articles about the crisis Rovers were in and how the town was needed to rally or face the consequences, again nothing was written about whos to blame, basically support it or lose it.

Friday 26 November 1971

Four days after the debacle at Port Vale we had a friday night match at Tranmere Rovers who were struggling at the bottom with us, during the week Ken Furphy the manager at that time brought in desperation a centre half from Newcastle John Mcnamee, he was Mean! Those of you who remember Glen Keeley well he could have chewed him up for breakfast,

The Match!

The good people of Blackburn rallied to the call it seemed they were everywhere if I remember rightly we had two sides maybe three of the ground, The Support was unbelieveable this Football Club was not going to die, the people who it meant most too got behind this Football Club regardless of whos was blame for the predicament, we were together a Band of Brothers!

That was the bottom line for me, afterwards we set the third division alight maybe always the bridesmaid but never the bride, but we were one of the biggest clubs in that division for three years and didn't we let other clubs know it when we travelled away!

Simple!

You as Supporters as you say as you are are the life blood of this Football Club, This Football Club that I have loved for years, This Football Club that I and the Band of Brothers followed through the darkest days in Blackburn Rovers history, This Football Club that I have watched on over a hundred and two grounds, This Football Club that is the envy of most, This Football Club that has given you in the last two decades the League Title, League Cup, semi final after semi final, trips all over Europe, Jesus I used to think going Sheffield Wednesday was a big deal

Forget the Banners the Protests the Phone ins, Steve Kean, Venky`s Anderson, whos right whos wrong and all that ###### I cant believe when I come on this messageboard and others that so called supporters of my Football Club are hoping that Rovers lose, another one! Im not going tonight because im not giving any of my money to Venky`s

as I said You (we) are the life blood of this Football Club don't kill it

in the dark days of 1971 we the Supporters of this Great Club dragged it out of the mire

Blackburn Rovers Football Club needs you all again, "ARTE ET LABORE"

This is a great post and sadly one we don't see enough of, Its spoken from the heart. I respect your opinion, and like reading about things before my time as I started watching Rovers in 1981 but my first real memories of Rovers when i really understood football a little was around 1987 and my first trip to Wembley.

During my time as a Rovers fan finance permitting I have had a season ticket at Rovers, the years which I couldnt afford a season ticket, I still went the home games but paid weekly. Reason being, I won't have credit cards, bank loans, overdrafts ect, As I was brought up with the concept never buy anything until you have the money to purchase it, so buying a season ticket on direct debit is not something I would ever do.

This season I have been unable to purchase a season ticket out right because of personal circumstances which have happened over the last 12 months,

Which included:

1. A nasty divorce, which I left with just a carrier bag to my name

2. An expensive custody case for the right to see my eldest two daughters,

3, A redundancy

4. A wedding to my beautiful wife.

Just to name a few,

Some of the comments which have been hurled at me in recent days via talk shows, an email I have just responded to and various nasty tweets has left a sour taste in my mouth regarding certain sections of Rovers supporters which I would put in the minority club. I may have not bought my season ticket this year, but this has not stopped me attending every home match so far, and wont stop me attending the rest plus around 50% of away games again this season.

People questioning me as a fan I find quite insulting to be honest, (Your not a real fan) is the most common one, because you have not got a season ticket. I may not have got one this season but over the season the club will generate more money from me buying my ticket weekly (£35 This week) than it would of got from me had I purchased a season ticket in the summer..

So people are saying you must now have a season ticket to be a real fan, or a super fan ect, if you are not then you are not a supporter?

So if you protest you are not a supporter, if you have no season ticket you are not a supporter, if you show concerns you are not a supporter?

I spend most of my free time on Rovers when I should spend it more with my wife and Kids, this was the same long before I found myself getting involved with protests as most who know me would vouch for.

I think some people can be really cruel how they judge people on the size of their pay packet, housing costs, or their occupation. Some people get luckier breaks than others, whilst some have a much better standard of upbringing than others. In my opinion everyone is equal regardless of their financial stature.

My first priority is to ensure my wife and Children have everything they need , food, shelter and love, After that Its Blackburn Rovers.

I spent a lot of time with the guys who came over from Norway and do so around 4 or 5 times a year after the Spurs Match. But hey I guess they are not real fans because they have not bought a season ticket? There passion to save up all year to make these 4 or 5 trips really put a smile on my face that day, as I thought to myself thats real dedication. I asked them who they supported in Norway? There answer was no-one they only have one love and thats Blackburn Rovers. They said they came over a few weeks early because they wanted to add their support to the protests as they was also as worried as me about Blackburn Rovers long term future.

My Uncle has had a season ticket now for around 50 years and it was he that first started taking me rovers, he goes with his mate now as I go with my brother, However my uncle's mate sits with him every match and buys his ticket game by game. He has not missed a rovers match in 40 years, home or away, including Rovers trips into Europe. Yet as he aint got a season ticket he can't possibly be a true fan can he?

You may wonder where I'm going with this?

Everyone who spends time coming on message boards or going to games or generally just following Rovers is a supporter.

I never realised that many season ticket holders now refer to themselves as the life blood of this club and if you are not one, you don't fit the criteria, It does not matter if you go all the games if you aint go that season ticket your voice and opinion don't count,

Well i'm sorry its that culture which is ruins football clubs and alienates supporters, If i'm not a true fan then my wife has a massive point that i'm allowing Blackburn Rovers culture both within the club and outside the club effect my life.

I consider myself as Blackburn Rovers through and through and I would bleed for the cause to save our club, from what I consider based on evidence and facts to be the worse times in my living memory as a supporter. I appreciate not all fans are privvy to information which has come my way over the years, and many question why I dont just post it all on here, My answer to them is find me at any rovers game because I'm one of the most approachable people you will meet who has time for everyone and I would always answer a question on a one to one honestly.

I have found my character being stained over the last few weeks by people out to de-rail what the protest section of supporters are doing. Very much in a divide and conquer strategy which mirror images how the club has got themselves in this state over the last 12 months.

I appreciate peoples stance to not protest and what will be will be for them, however I think they should also respect the other side who want to make a difference by speaking up about it.

We are ALL supporters of the club and whatever happens effects us all, some people don't get too attached to a game of football whilst to some its a religion, I fall into the second category, because without Blackburn Rovers and football, My path of life would have been so much different, as I have lost count the amount of job opportunites I have turned down as it would of effected my ability to attend Rovers games each week. People show commitment in different ways and express them in different ways.

Those supporters who have been protesting have told me some great stories from years gone by ect and we have really bonded and become close as a group,We watch out for each other. The untity and trust has been amazing, When people call them not true supporters because they choose to fight it annoys the pants out of me, because these are supporters who are fighting because they ARE true supporters and want to make a difference by trying to stand up for what they believe in.

Those fans all chipped in for a plane today and raised nearly £1000 in just a couple of hours so they could deliver their message, Thats what I call unity, and thats what this mess has done, its brought supporters closer together and opened up friendships which may never have opened had this club not been in such a mess.

As a group the protestors have stuck to their words and committments, and conducted themselves in an exceptional manner, its not the supporters who have moved the goal posts, Its the club and only the club can bring an end to this mess.

There are 3 of the best quality posts I have ever read on this one thread - Doowe, Rebelsmwar and Glens - all are from die-hard Rovers fans and worth reading again and again. Essentially we all want the same things, but just see different ways of getting it. Its actually upsetting to read how upset people are and how much it effects all aspects of our lives.

I salute you all.

Indeed a good thread with thoughtful replies, where are the shriekers degsy?

It's pretty simple for me, before these last few months I suppose I could have been described as a 'Rovers Fan', wouldn't have a word said against the club, backed managers to the hilt (Ince? Maybe not!), always felt the club stood for something and was being run with the best intentions.

Yet this season I have sat in twice and marched twice, am I now less of a supporter? Of course not, as the best interests of the club come first, this is the road I believe was worth taking.

The tired old lines like 'it were worse in't Third Division' means nothing. It's about the here and now, we ARE an established PL football club, something that we have cherished for decades, we have averaged 25000 crowds year in year out, why should we meekly accept a decline? A decline that was wholly unavoidable?

Now in all honesty I think post Chelsea we need a rethink if Kean stumbles on, protests all season long are no good for anyone when we are in all likleyhood facing a second relegation battle in two seasons (thanks Venky's), but am I proud of what we've done this season? Too right

Guest Rovers4Good

Doowe or should i say DOH!!!!!

Love your points about being a fan and like the rest of us on here we are also fans and if we couldn't give a monkies about the club then why would we waste our time on here?

I for one and i know that most others who protest are doing what we feel is right, we are supporting our club for the time in which they are playing football but before and afterwards we are broadcasting the fact that we don't think Steve Kean should be in charge of our club. That is the be all and end all and this will continue until the man is removed so you can sit in your seat with your hands over your ears if you wish but the protests go on. :)

KEAN OUT!!!!!!

Great post doowe unfortunately there is a but coming...

First off like others in this thread I'll give brief history so I can put my own support into the context of everyone else's;

Born in 1975, Cornwall, not really a hotbed of football action it must be said, so I had to choose to support a team from a distance. Many friends big Liverpool, United, and other city team supporters, but I always liked to be different, so after a season or so of actually following football (as much as you could in the early 90s on TV) I found I had a fondness for the Rovers. So I decided to follow them, and follow them I have since about 92/93.

Whilst I'm not a fanatical fan, doubt I would be even if I lived 10 mins from the stadium to be honest, but I do have a great love and affection for the club. And have been more than proud of the reputation over the last 10 years or so, of being a tough side to beat, and having a quality infrastructure, I think in a large part down to the job John Williams did.

I work in the technology field and am a senior business manager, so feel I do possess a reasonable level of intelligence, but in the scheme of all things football (and Rovers) I consider myself a fan, but certainly less qualified to speak on certain subjects by virtue of my virtual association.

In any case it's impossible not to be concerned about the "progress" that has been made in the past year or so. I believe I've commented in the past on business decisions, and how new owners do tend to wield the broom when managing the early days of a acquisition so to replace key personnel wasn't unexpected, but it is the way in which it has been gone about that I object to.

Ignoring the business side of things there is no getting away from the actual performances during Keans tenure thus far. We went from a fairly solid mid-table spot in the second-half of last season to just about limping over the line. It's said often that new managers need time to settle - but how long? One transfer window, two? A season, two? And wasn’t he working with the team beforehand as well?

There's no disputing the fact that of late performances have improved, but why didn't we witness this last season? Or at the start of this one? How come it's taking so long to get a backroom team settled? And why are we apparently breeding a culture within the club of people getting booted out if they express an opinion that opposes Kean/the owners? Did the previous assistant manager do this? Or was he just made a scapegoat?

And then there’s the unknown quantity, the agents involvements, the owners and their football knowledge, the disastrous PR? Too many issues to be learning on the job in my humble opinion.

I’ve been wavering about the protests over the past couple of weeks, not sure if they seem to be achieving anything, but you really can’t doubt the sincerity of the organisers to keep within the bounds of what everyone else wants and by the actions and reactions of the club it’s obvious that it’s having an effect, but banning banners because the owners are in town? Really?

From a distance looking in it does seem as if Rovers is currently being run like a rich mans plaything only without the huge cash splurges on marquee players, there’s a lot of negativity and blame-shifting in the press when I thought the staple of any PR effort was a positive message?

The pure fact that the manager comes out and announces he’s going to ignore the protesting fans, the media even twisting it (or was that what he actually said) to claim that these people aren’t real fans? Hardly the right noises to quell any uprising is it?

Lots of questions, mostly rhetorical and none directed at you.

But what I’d like to ask you is what is your view on the “situation”, is there even one? Is this tolerable, the results, the interaction (or apparent lack of) with fans, the massaging of the truth and let’s be honest lip service that is paid to the press?

When does it become too much for you? Should those of us that feel a change is required here simply shut up until something happens? What if that something is relegation?

Here’s my two pennies worth,

Born in 1953

Raised in Accrington and went to Holy Family RC School, my dad started taking me to football when I was maybe eight or nine he didn’t support any local teams because he was Italian and came over to England in the late 50s but like most Italians he loved football, he used to take me to Stanley, Rovers, Burnley and United, so I got hooked, most weekends off we went with our butties flask and my wooden crate and stand by a barrier,

Why did I choose Rovers?

The Polio outbreak in Blackburn and then the fall from grace “relegation”

Thank god in those days we didn’t have all this crap we have now message-boards, twitters, skysports news, podcasts, radio phone ins, et al,

Friday 26 November 1971

The Match!

That was the bottom line for me, afterwards we set the third division alight maybe always the bridesmaid but never the bride, but we were one of the biggest clubs in that division for three years and didn’t we let other clubs know it when we travelled away!

Simple!

as I said You (we) are the life blood of this Football Club don’t kill it

Blackburn Rovers Football Club needs you all again, “ARTE ET LABORE”

Bloody well done, and a fellow Accy lad at that. You have hit the proverbial nail for fans such as myself. I can't help but feel this has declined to a hodge podge of personal agendas rather than a true love for BRFC. Perhaps we will again decline to those dark days and the only fans still left will be those such as yourself, a part of me asks if that is really such a bad thing.

Good stuff that. I'd advise to get your tin hat on though. The shriekers wont like this thread.

:lol:

You can't see what's going on from that seat anyway.

You are being taken for a ride by some Indians who don't give tuppence for you and me. Your attitude is exactly what they need to complete their plan.

Archived