BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Here’s my two pennies worth and a bit more!

doowe

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Lots of excuses abound but just about the most stupid that springs to my mind and has been trotted out by many...... "I admit that I wanted Sam out... but I meant at the end of the season when we were again safely in mid table then we could get Jol/O'Neil/McLaren etc to replace him"

Can anybody think of any better examples of dumbass backpedalling now the Venkey chickens have come home to roost?

Indeed. Lots of excuses abound but just about the most stupid that springs to my mind and has been trotted out by many...... "I admit that I wanted Sam out... but I meant at the end of the season when we were again safely in mid table then we could get Jol/O'Neil/McLaren etc to replace him"

Can anybody think of any better examples of dumbass backpedalling now the Venkey chickens have come home to roost?

Erm ,yes. How about bleating on about Rovers going in with Burnley and North End to found a Lancashire club. Now that is stupid.

I'm sorry 'true blue n white' but (IMO) you are bang out of order for calling a former Rovers 'hero' like that. Who next, Dalglish if he backs Kean? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and Kendal is a football man whom many older Rovers fans will remember, made us extremely happy in the 'dark days'. His football career was outstanding. Respect where respect is due!

I'm sorry 'true blue n white' but (IMO) you are bang out of order for calling a former Rovers 'hero' like that. Who next, Dalglish if he backs Kean? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and Kendal is a football man whom many older Rovers fans will remember, made us extremely happy in the 'dark days'. His football career was outstanding. Respect where respect is due!

Remember the throw-ins to Kendall and he'd knock it forward on a half volley, usually spot on

Remember the throw-ins to Kendall and he'd knock it forward on a half volley, usually spot on

He gave us a great deal to be proud of. His management period is one of the highlights of a lifetime of supporting Rovers.

Howard Kendall was a great manager for us and I use the word great advisedly. Bucked the trend of Lancashire clubs going into decline and,( for the benefit of younger readers), almost achieved top tier football within two years from tier three football on a budget. What Howard has overlooked in comparing Kean's record to his own early days at Everton is the fact that he had success with us first. Kean's track record consists of putting the cones out.

Dean Saunders tells a good story about meeting up for a meal with Howard Kendall when Howard wanted to sign him for Everton, I can't repeat here how many bottles of wine he got through during the course of the meal. Dean also tells an hilarious story about how Brian Clough tried to sign him, Cloughie had similar problems.

I agree Den, good player. But his capacity for the fermented grape is legendary ( allegedly ).

I was on the same flight as HK a few years back about midday I think. His skin tone was puce and, yes he was (apparently) already embarrassingly mullered.

Archived