BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] VINCE GRELLA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair he looked decent at the world cup last year, til he got injured...

He played in the first game against Germany (I was there in Durban), touched the ball about six times, went off injured at half time and never featured again during the tournament. He's followed the same pattern with Rovers for the past four seasons, comes on for half a game (sometimes less) and then is injured for the next three months. A waste of space, to be honest and 4 million down the pan.

He played in the first game against Germany (I was there in Durban), touched the ball about six times, went off injured at half time and never featured again during the tournament. He's followed the same pattern with Rovers for the past four seasons, comes on for half a game (sometimes less) and then is injured for the next three months. A waste of space, to be honest and 4 million down the pan.

£10.47m down the pan, to be exact.

This £11 million quid spent Grella for virtually nothing, is truly horrific. I'm not laying the blame with Grella, but just think about how horrendous it is to pay £11 million pounds out for pretty much nothing. Modern English top flight football carries a stench truly like no other.

To clarify, hundreds of thousands of blokes are growing tashes this month and scraping barrels left right.and centre trying to rise, what I dunno £50 quid or so each. While Grella has soaked £11 MILLION QUID out of the UK purse in doing the square root of jack ######.

To clarify, hundreds of thousands of blokes are growing tashes this month and scraping barrels left right.and centre trying to rise, what I dunno £50 quid or so each. While Grella has soaked £11 MILLION QUID out of the UK purse in doing the square root of jack ######.

It's all going to end in tears, but Grella won't be crying.

Brilliantly applied perspective.

I remember a few seasons back just after he didn't do us a favour and go and join Galatasaray. Allardyce pretty much told him to retire, saying all the serious injuries he got were in no way related and he wasn't going to EVER be able to put a run of games together. He stayed and earned a few more million!

It's an absolute scandal that he's pocketed so much money for making a shocking 38 appearances since 2008! WTF.

Why do clubs not protect themselves in the contracts that they dish out?

I've always said that Grella is so injure prone because he's too fit. Sounds bonkers but you only have to look at Grella to realise his body's been set up to within an inch of its natural tolerance. Crazy.

I've always said that Grella is so injure prone because he's too fit. Sounds bonkers but you only have to look at Grella to realise his body's been set up to within an inch of its natural tolerance.

Too fit? Blimey, I've never heard those two words in the same sentence as Vince Grella before.

Same old story in my paper ( The Guardian ) He'll be back next week but he's out today with a different injury ( thigh ) than last week ( hip ). They've been saying he'll be back next week all season. It also says Vucevic will be out until the 3rd of December with a broken nose.

Isn't Grella on a contract where he gets a big bonus if he actually has playing time.

Same old story in my paper ( The Guardian ) He'll be back next week but he's out today with a different injury ( thigh ) than last week ( hip ). They've been saying he'll be back next week all season. It also says Vucevic will be out until the 3rd of December with a broken nose.

2 weeks for a broken nose! My god football has changed.

Still don't get how a pro athlete in the prime of life could be so well and truly borked. I'd be embarrassed to earn a wage if I was Vinnie.

It seems to be a different injury every week as well. Fair enough if someone has knackered part of their body and it keeps breaking down, not much you can do about that. Grella doesn't seem to have any single injury though, just a massive collection of niggles all over the place. I've never known a player like him.

It seems to be a different injury every week as well. Fair enough if someone has knackered part of their body and it keeps breaking down, not much you can do about that. Grella doesn't seem to have any single injury though, just a massive collection of niggles all over the place. I've never known a player like him.

I'll have been watching for 50 years this year and in all that time I've never known a player like him either, he's absolutely unique.

He should leave his body to science.

Archived