BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] VINCE GRELLA

To be an absolute scandal-monger...

Would it be possible for Vincey to place the blame for this in our club? Or would the club be able to claim insurance on his contract aka Martin Dahlins knee?

I thought Dahlin had a back problem...?

Grella is officially a worse sicknote than Darren Anderton ever was.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard last night from someone who had spoken to Grella and he is NOT currently injured. Just Kean is refusing to play him, not sure if that's down to money or that they have fallen out.

How many players has Kean lied about their injuries??

I make it; Samba, Nelsen, Roberts, Salgado, Grella, Robinson??

I heard last night from someone who had spoken to Grella and he is NOT currently injured. Just Kean is refusing to play him, not sure if that's down to money or that they have fallen out.

I wouldn´t play Grella either. Awful player who can´t give a simple pass. Luckily he will be off next summer.

Unlike Salgado, Nelsen & Roberts - who you could argue could've done a job for us in this relegation scrap, Grella should stay rotting on the sidelines. He'll play for 15 minutes, limp off with some random injury and we'll be stuck with the bugger for another three years.

Sorry, Grella not currently injured? Even by Rovers recent standards, that's just too far fetched. :P

I've heard the same. Told that he went to New Zealand with Ryan Nelsen and played a few matches while he was out there.

Guest Rovers4Good

He's not fit and he's working on his own but seems to be there everyday in order to get fit but defo not training with the 1st's or res's.

Reading an old mirror football article which was released last year which revealed salaries of the unwanted men which says grella is on flat rate 30k a week and gets an extra 6k for every game Played which says in all really . I may be Wrong but my hunch is venkys telling kean not to pick any player which has a clause in their contract saying they get paid more for appearances played . I'm thinking vekcevic has one as I can't understand why he don't play more

Reading an old mirror football article which was released last year which revealed salaries of the unwanted men which says grella is on flat rate 30k a week and gets an extra 6k for every game Played which says in all really . I may be Wrong but my hunch is venkys telling kean not to pick any player which has a clause in their contract saying they get paid more for appearances played . I'm thinking vekcevic has one as I can't understand why he don't play more

Which means Mr. Grella has made over £6m gross for one season's worth of appearances. Who'd be a footballer, eh?

• 2 months later...

Just think of the match appearance fees we've saved through Grella nobly keeping himself injured and out of the squad.

No doubt he'll rock up at Spurs on a free next season.

Thanks for everything Vince, we were lucky to have you. The club physio will miss the overtime though.

Warning: this post may contain mild sarcastic overtones

• Backroom

In terms of cost per appearance Grella must be up there with the absolute worst of our signings? Grabbi and Davies may have been ###### but at least they attempted to play for us.

I can confirm Andy Cryer has donated his brains to medical science he has now officially lost his marbles a top bloke and top professional almost chocked on my cuppa. Next he will be advocating we offer him a testimonial if I had earned that much money for doing nothing I'd be embarrassed. I mean 8 injuries in 3 years is a total joke from that list his body must have shut down years ago. Sooner he goes the better. I would like to hear Andy's thoughts on when he rejected the move to Galatasary due to him refusing to accept a lower wage. If he was any sort of decent bloke he would have accepted the lower wage and remained here but he is no decent bloke, total and utter leech the sooner this sick note is off the books the better.

• 6 months later...

Archived