• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current situation looks like:

Any buys will be as a results of sales of,

Formica,

Nzonzi,

Junior,

Samba(doubt this one unless someone has more money than sense, better to wait until summer when we are relegated and Samba had handed in a transfer request.)

And I'd only expect Venkys to spend a percentage of whatever is brought in.

Only loans id see happening would be from clubs willing to pay the majority of the loan players wages.

Sad times ahead for us fans. Knowing our luck any sales will be late January and make it impossible to get replacements.

I hate you Venkys!!!!

January will be Rovers preparing the team for the drop, I don't believe Venky's will spend any money. Off-load valuable players for the money and accept the fact the team will be relegated. Bring in a bunch of young players and give them half a year of premiership experience they can hopefully use to their advantage in the championship.

• Backroom

Be interesting to see how Kean gets on in the Championship.

Just had a quick trip into the future, brought back a snippet of Kean's after-match interview after a 4-1 defeat at home to Crystal Palace:

"I thought we were excellent today," Kean said. "Crystal Palace are an excellent side but we gave a good account of ourselves today. We entered their box twenty-six times, the same as them. I can't fault the effort of the lads today, and but for a little more dew on the grass Jason Lowe's shot in the 23rd minute would have gone in. Then it would have been a different game.

"It's been tough with injuries, the owners know that. They're backing me 100% and I've already identified areas we can strengthen in January. I'm just waiting for the budget to come through and then we can get to work on that. The lads are 100% behind me, no question, you can see that on the pitch. The protests and chants sometimes upset them, but hopefully the fans will stick with us and get behind the team.

"Yes, we're bottom of the league now, and I can understand the fans frustrations. We're disappointed too. However we know that 99% of the fans are with us, and hopefully the 1% will see what we're doing here when we start getting points and climbing the table. We've got the youngest squad ever to compete in the football leagues and the value of the squad since I've been here has only gone up. People have to look beyond results - it isn't all about points.

"Obviously we want to climb the table and we'll work hard on the training pitch and look forward to next week's match with Watford. We've got 17 injuries and the youth players are having to step up, but the fans should know we've got the next Messi, Henry, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Viera, Maldini, Bergkamp, Cantona and Shearer coming through the ranks so we're very positive about the future.

"The pressure doesn't affect me, no. I had a phone call just this morning from Simon Grayson telling me I'm doing a fantastic job. I've exchanged texts with Dean Saunders and Eddie Howe who have also been very impressed with what we're doing here. I receive thousands of letters every week telling me how great we are to watch, and the people in the village have never been happier. With all due respect to everybody else, I think I'll listen to these people over them."

All of this conjecture without any comment from Rover's...and herein lies one of the many problems currently crippling the club. Ignoring all the other ###### going on (as difficult as that may be), if the club just came out and said something along the lines of "with wages approaching 90% of turnover we need to offload some under performing and / or unhappy players in order to strengthen and avoid relegation," the owners might get a little more respect. Instead all you get is a bunch of passionate, but ill-informed supporters (myself included) getting thoroughly ###### off and lashing out at the usual suspects because we just don't know what is going on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8985610/Blackburn-Rovers-forced-to-sell-players-to-raise-funds.html

The Telegraph says the same. I haven't been one to over criticise Venky's but this time they've gone to far. Their cowards, liars and disgusting individuals all round. They have took a well established Premier League club and turned it into a Championship bound shipwreck in just over 12 months. Lies, Lies, Lies and promises of constant support. They leave Kean to take all the aggro whilst they sit back in india and drink tea. I wish the F.A could step in and deem them unfit owners.

no great surprise really , unfortunatley this as been the status quo at Rovers for a couple of years , difference is previously we had good managers and a Experienced board , now we have a circus show of clowns and puppets

Nicko? I can gaurentee it wont happern.

Follow what he says on twitter especially Rovers and he is spot on most of the time.

He knew about the club secretary and Karen Silk before most people, can't blame him for the constant changes in Venkys minds!

Archived