BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfers in January?

philipl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that but then I went on some Sheffield United boards to see what they thought of him. Most were amazed that they had got that amount of money for him and most were convinced that he wouldn't make it at PL level.

Obviously I'm not writing the kid off but it does appear to be a pretty large gamble.

Do you remember Alan Nixon on one of the poidcasts saying that Kean knew nothing about the signing of Slew. Slew seems like a plant from Anderson to keep him here until he finds another buyer to make some cash from just a theory.

I think you will find Kean had nothing to do with Yakubu coming to the club, just need to look who orchestrated the move, why the move needed to happen and who was advising Venky's at the time (btw it wasn't JA). I personally think the purchase of Yakubu was a good one (and said so at the time on another thread), decent money for an experienced goal scorer (when on form), but just thought I would point out that yakubu can be taken off the list of Kean's signings before people get carried away on how he pulled off a masterstroke.

Didnt Kean initially want the big Greek dummy from Celtic in Georgy Samaras.

I don't think we can be annoyed about Dann. I've been very suprised this season as to how poorly he's performed. Whether he's not fit or what I don't know but he was one I was banking on to be a good deal. With regards to Riberio, Slew etc we just don't understand these transfers. Theres obviously no way Riberio could have been brought in to compete for a first team place, theres more to it. Will we ever find out, who knows.

Heard Diame at Wigan only has till end of season left on his contract.

He would be ideal in the defensive midfield spot, ran the show against us. Quick, can tackle powerful, not wonderful on the ball but definitely good enough for our midfield.

i dont think we'll be spending much money in january , nor do i want us to , i agree we need 3 maybe 4 players but i would be looking at the loan and low-fee markets

1) a striker , (for about the 5th window running) Yakubu has done far better than me and many other fans expected but with Roberts Goodwillie and Blackman as back-ups we're Screwed if the Yak gets injured no doubt we'll be linked with Raul , and if thats got a chance i'd be happy with that

2) a midfield general , someone who can tackle and dominate a game from midfield i would have suggested Scott Brown of Celtic but he's just signed a new contract , J.Jones on loan would be great again , but cant see Shalke allowing that , Diame at Wigan's a good shout espicially if he's contract is running out

3) a r/mid - Rochina is wasted there imo i think he'd be much better playing off a striker as when he receives the ball he's always seems to be on the half-turn going infield he very rarely attacks a full back on the outside but thats fine thats not his game he's got enough quality in other areas of the pitch to suggest he's be better "in the hole" and he offers very little in protecting his full back which the modern day wide player is expected to do, we never replaced Emerton did we ? his energy ,defensive awareness and his chance making are missed, maybe a solution would be to play Lowe there? or maybe Duffer?? he's a left sided player who can play just as well on the right

4) a solid r/b - after being oustanding last year salgado has had it this year, he has definately "gone" which is a real shame , i still believe the younger players can learn so much from him on the training ground and in the dressing room but he doesnt warrant a place in the first team Onouha on loan would do fine for me

Personally think we should definitely go for Onouha - can play rb and cb, would ideally see him as rb, so we can put lowe in midfield.

Unfortunately salgados legs have gone.

We also need a left back , but I dont think we will have funds for this.

Rumours about steven appiah - if this is on a pay as you play deal then we can't lose giving him a chance.

Would love to see someone come in and tighten up cm, like jermaine jones, although I dont think he is currently available.

Other options - Frimpong on loan from arsenal or gardner at sunderland - hasnt got a look in yet - but this could change.

Upfront - hard choice as proven prem goalscorers are expensive - would love to see 1 of pavluchencko, defoe on loan, anelka but most likely we will get an ageing superstar if we are lucky.

Need to send grant hanley on loan to championship - when he plays for rovers I expect a defeat every time!

Get some other youngsters such as cotton, billington, henley on loan - short loans

Get rid of; grella, andrews, give salgado coaching job,

Also, dunn n roberts out of contract in summer - No new contract - ADIOS - these 2 will be lucky to get a contract with a championship club -

could see them both playing for wigan when they have been relegated.

Does anyone really think that Venky's will spend big to bring in players on big wages. They will be looking to sign players with 'relegation' clauses in their contracts so their wages will drop when we go down. So who worth their salt would want to come.

Venkys will not be putting their money in the club it will be a sell before we buy strategy so one or more of Samba, Nzonzi, Hoilet and Olsson will go before we bring in some bargain basement players.

They allegedly want to offload Grella, Andrews and Salgado to save £100K a week but who in their right mind would take any of them other than on a free and wage cut (so Rovers would still be contributing to their wages).

Unfortunately at the moment it is Barclays who are calling the shots. That could have serious implications on the finances of the club in the summer. My fear is administration is closer than we think.

Yo Rovers

I've kept away last few months,due in tensions running high at the club.

Sorry things ain't going well for you lot.Think it's safe to say your owners don't know what they are doing.

You definitely should have signed Ba. :P

Surprised how slow Petovic looks,Chelsea & Roma were talking with Partizan same time you were.

Yaks been great,Formica ok.

So what can we expect?

Junior out if he doesn't sign the contract that is oh so close to being signed.

Appiah potential in... Big question marks regarding his fitness and knee injury, if that works out, it could be a brilliant free signing.

Like said by others, no sane club would want to touch the players that are not even good enough for us in our position. Maybe we could sell "the next Smalling" for a large fee to fund any potential incoming transfers. I mean to get that title you have to have lots of potential...

Artjoms Rudnevs is surely worth a punt.

Patrick Ebert at Hertha would come cheap.

Savvas Gentsoglou cheap.

Martin Kobylanski Cheap.

Simone Missiroli.

Nicola Leali.

Nicolo Curci.

Hiroki Sakai.

Carlos Orrantia.

Marcos Fabian.

Lukas Stetina

Jakub Hromada.

If you want a right back try and get Frederik Sorensen out of Juventus.

Ricardo Rodríguez at Zurich.

Chramosta at Mlada.

Lima left back at Hajduk

Vaclav Kadlec at Sparta.

Oh and Luca Toni is available Parma currently interested.

Milan Petrzela good at Plzen.Petr Jiracek & Vaclav Pilar too but both meant to be joining Wolfsburg.

That Sone Aluko looks good at Rangers,why did Aberdeen release him?

Think his signings are half-decent tbh. Dann hasn't impressed, but Rochina, Formica show promise and are still relatively young, Yakubu has been a great buy. Obviously there's a big question mark over Ribeiro, but even the greatest managers in the world have some dud signings on their CV.

"There's a big question mark over Ribeiro"?!!!!!!!! What question is that then----- Can he tie his laces?

Does anyone really think that Venky's will spend big to bring in players on big wages. They will be looking to sign players with 'relegation' clauses in their contracts so their wages will drop when we go down. So who worth their salt would want to come.

Venkys will not be putting their money in the club it will be a sell before we buy strategy so one or more of Samba, Nzonzi, Hoilet and Olsson will go before we bring in some bargain basement players.

They allegedly want to offload Grella, Andrews and Salgado to save £100K a week but who in their right mind would take any of them other than on a free and wage cut (so Rovers would still be contributing to their wages).

Unfortunately at the moment it is Barclays who are calling the shots. That could have serious implications on the finances of the club in the summer. My fear is administration is closer than we think.

Your'e right. We will sign 3 or 4 players but we won't spend any net money.

• Moderation Lead

Yep, and you can guarantee Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean won't be walking away as poor men either!:angry2:

Chaddy, we are desperate for a ball winning midfielder, no maybe, yes a striker and preferably a new manager, alas though, none will happen!!

think we can forget any incomings..only out goings and the money straight to Barclays the clubs screwed .

VENKYS/KEAN OUT

• 3 weeks later...

You would think a player would be very suspicious leaving one club who has been trashed by a dodgy owner, to another who because of their owner/ owners/ agents/ manager / shareholder/ third party owners (delete as appropriate) are heading the same way , or maybe the vultures circling Racing Santander can see a quick buck being made there and a foothold into the free for all cash grab that is Blackburn Rovers bank account

well it looks like makey was right, only loan deals to be brought in unless player sales, this is from nicko on twitter, bunch of cheapskates!!!

loans are extremely difficult and in some cases expensive , PL clubs are reluctant to let players go out on loan if it helps stregthen the opposition unless it suits them

Archived