BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfers in January?

philipl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine Kean having little or no saying what Rovers does in the transfer market. I'm ready to bet £1 that he even heard of half of the players we signed this summer. I think best we can hope for is to no one (important) to leave. Selling Hoilett and/or N'Zonzi or similar will just result us getting some unknown replacements for half of the price that Anderson sees fit for us.

if rovers have £10m to spend in january it will come from the sales of samba and hoillet, im expecting nothing more than some failed attempts on players we are desperatley short of followed by some panic loan signings of players we've never heard of and a couple of youngsters who wont be ready til next year

I agree rover and out Jermaine jones is a necessity maybe a loan bid for defoe or an 8M bid for Papisse Cisse would do nicely and then maybe a RB & LB.

And I would like the young lass from Topman's Avatar lying starkers on my sofa covered in whipped cream, but that aint gonna happen either.

It'd be better spent on sacking Kean and hiring a new manager.

We have a team good enough to stay up. It's the shiny-headed one taking us down.

Individually we have some good players but we don't have a team. There are at 3 or 4 weaknesses where we don't have anybody of the right type. to fill them.

I agree that Kean doesn't get the best of what we have but his transfers were so bad we'd be in trouble whoever managed us.

Anyone know how Papiss Cisse have done this season?

I also see that JJ isnt part of the schalke squad today. Injured or not in the plans?

We should go and try to get Jermaine Jones. Did suit the premiership and has some years left in him.

Would also try and get Wilson Palacios if he is available. Would be perfect to stay in front of the defence. That is the most important position to fill. It will give Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic and Hoilett more freedom.

New def mid

Nzonzi Formica

Vukcevic

Rochina Yakubu

Maybe.

Anyone know how Papiss Cisse have done this season?

I also see that JJ isnt part of the schalke squad today. Injured or not in the plans?

We should go and try to get Jermaine Jones. Did suit the premiership and has some years left in him.

Would also try and get Wilson Palacios if he is available. Would be perfect to stay in front of the defence. That is the most important position to fill. It will give Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic and Hoilett more freedom.

New def mid

Nzonzi Formica

Vukcevic

Rochina Yakubu

Maybe.

Firstly, J Jones has been playing a fair bit for Schalke since their got a new manager. I think he is suspend from today game. according to SS website he has pick up 5 yellow cards in 8 apps which 6 of them where starts.

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,,11887_223700,00.html

I did mention that Rovers should have got for Palacois in summer. similar type of player to JJ. just what we needed.

Papiss Cisse has scored 9 goals in 15 games this season for his club. doesn't look like a one season wonder to me with those stats.

No interest at all in the January window. If SK stays I can't see us staying up so better we sign noone, he has no clue anyway so why waste money on new signings.

Yeah, I wish he hadn't brought in Yakubu last window either. Waste of space.

Think his signings are half-decent tbh. Dann hasn't impressed, but Rochina, Formica show promise and are still relatively young, Yakubu has been a great buy. Obviously there's a big question mark over Ribeiro, but even the greatest managers in the world have some dud signings on their CV.

Think his signings are half-decent tbh. Dann hasn't impressed, but Rochina, Formica show promise and are still relatively young, Yakubu has been a great buy. Obviously there's a big question mark over Ribeiro, but even the greatest managers in the world have some dud signings on their CV.

Myles Anderson, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Slew, Ribiero.

Den, I'm with you on Anderson and Ribeiro. Not seen enough of Slew but highly regarded young player. Worth a punt in my opinion.

As for Petrovic, I actually think he's started to improve. This league is one of the hardest in the world and he's coming into a struggling team. I actually think he will come good.

Not seen enough of Goodwillie but what I have seen suggests to me at this moment in time he's no better than Championship level.

Not seen enough of Slew but highly regarded young player.

I thought that but then I went on some Sheffield United boards to see what they thought of him. Most were amazed that they had got that amount of money for him and most were convinced that he wouldn't make it at PL level.

Obviously I'm not writing the kid off but it does appear to be a pretty large gamble.

I thought that but then I went on some Sheffield United boards to see what they thought of him. Most were amazed that they had got that amount of money for him and most were convinced that he wouldn't make it at PL level.

Obviously I'm not writing the kid off but it does appear to be a pretty large gamble.

It might have been the equal of JAL who dont regard any of our players ?

I think you will find Kean had nothing to do with Yakubu coming to the club, just need to look who orchestrated the move, why the move needed to happen and who was advising Venky's at the time (btw it wasn't JA). I personally think the purchase of Yakubu was a good one (and said so at the time on another thread), decent money for an experienced goal scorer (when on form), but just thought I would point out that yakubu can be taken off the list of Kean's signings before people get carried away on how he pulled off a masterstroke.

Archived