BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] past and present rovers managers

it aint a steve kean thread it's a "past and present rovers managers" thread.

That may have been your intention but with the feelings af fans of the moment are going to come across & theres only going to be one name constantly mentioned and thats steve kean.

In 30 years I can honestly say he is the first manager I have truly hated.

I felt for Paul Ince (at least he was honest), but he wasnt`t good enough.

Roy Hodgson was unlucky in his second season (top of the league at xmas I seem to remember - all downhill from there).

Sam Allardyce wasnt pretty to watch but at least we were safe and got the occasional cup run.

Brian Kidd - Sir Alex`s right hand man - he tried but in the end he is a great coach but not a manager.

Paul Ince was my least favourite manager. I never wanted him here and did not like him even more when he arrived. His first presser was prophetic.

When will people learn that just because you could play, that you cant manage. His MK dons experience was good and he was effective at that level... Just like Keith is at Ipswich!

Kean does not know how to win, but I applaud his effort. I just think some of his statements are bordering on delusional. It's almost as though he wants to antagonise the fans.

Kean's in a league of his own. Ince was a complete clown shoes but he never divided the fans, incriminated them on a drink-drive charge, or spewed bullsh*t about Europe whilst fighting relegation just to humour the owners. Kean surpasses himself each week by sinking to an all time low. I've never had this level of contempt for any Blackburn manager before... and the sad thing is, there's nothing anyone can do about him.

• Backroom

Kean makes Ince look like Alex Ferguson.

I've been somewhat spoilt in that since I was a lad our managers have generally been "decent" types, even those like Harford, Hodgeson and Kidd who failed us weren't nasty or dislikable men... it just didn't work out for them.

Even Ince, as inept as he was, never got to a level close to where Kean is now. I can't put into words how much I hate his presence at this club and how much I resent his position as manager. Combine that with the fact he's thick as thieves with our disgraceful Indian overlords and it just puts him miles and miles ahead of any other manager from my lifetime in terms of loathing.

Eddie Quigley gets off lightly in these - turned us from a 1st div team into a 3rd div one

Was he as loathsome as Kean though or was he just incompetent? You see useless I can accept, but vain, deliberately provocative, divisive, lying, overly positive when there's absolutely nothing to be positive about, smarmy and repulsive to watch or hear - those are the attributes that make Kean the only Rovers manager who has been almost universally despised.

1. Ince - didnt like him as a player, completely incompetent as a manager, felt defeated BEFORE we played any of the city clubs. His backroom appointments beggered belief.

2. Kidd - Incompetent as a manager , hated his deference to 'the gaffer'.

3. Alladyce - Simply hated watching the brand of football, understood and backed the appointment folowing Ince, but lost any excitement I had about going to the match in his reign. We completely cocked up with his replacement however....

4.Kean, firstly, it is time to get rid, but dont believe he has stood any chance of success under the chaotic Venky's reign. But, we keep conceding goals and there are obvious reasons behind this. The team is not balanced, as it would be under a decent manager (Hughes). He isnt good enough and doesnt help himself with his delusional positivity. Why talk of finishing 10th when all we are interested in now is avoiding relegation.

Am praying for new more credible owners and a manager we can all stand behind again.

looks like we all agree that he is useless then. But what can we do? Waht about the fans forum resigning en masse and sending a message that the fans are cheesed off? Oh sorry they think that they can still communicate via yoghurt pots and string! Tom, Glen what are you receiving down the line?

The fact some people, even now, think Allardyce is worse than Kean speaks volumes.

YOU and your complete ignorance are one of the reasons for the situation the club is in.

I trust you are enjoying what you are seeing.

Kean doesn't care about the fans or what they think. Each day he remains in charge of Rovers is a slap in the face to this once wonderfully-run club. It's got to the stage where you cannot support Kean being manager of BRFC and also have the club's best interests at heart. The man is, unsurprisingly, a hero in Burnley.

I've never hated anyone representing Rovers before. Strongly disliked Barry Ferguson and David Bentley for engineering moves away in an unethical manner, but Kean is in a league all of his own.

A disgrace to himself, his country and the club we all love.

Oh, and apparently he's soon going to be getting one and a half million pounds for it.

Archived