BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Before and after the game have proved ineffective. It has to be during the game for anyone to take any notice. Results couldn't be much worse so there is no need to worry about upsetting the players.

Exactly right!

If Kean is allowed to stay the rest of the season, this ONE match wont make any difference anyway as we will be f*****!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any protest on Saturday has to be at the START of the game. If it happens when we are losing it sounds like it is just because of that and if we are winning or the game is close no-one will be up for protesting anyway. Start the game with a 10 minute non-stop "Kean Out, Venkys Out" chant, with banners and signs being held up, and people watching around the world will take notice. We are well beyond the point of upsetting the players now.

We have decided that the next protest must have the biggest impact of all, With protest of all types taking place before, during and after the game.

Pretty much everything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Providing you keep yourself on the right side of the law.

We are asking everyone to purchase the yellow T-Shirts which Simon has sourced as we want a sea of Yellow on the day. These T-Shirts need to be getting worn not just at games but around the town and also on non match days.

Not sure what the club will do on BANNERS, As we are no longer negotiating with them, but they CANNOT stop us singing and they CANNOT Take our T-Shirts. We want Venkys and Kean out and we can't allow one result to change that. We must stick to our guns and give them a full days protest like they have never witnessed before.

I'm asking everyone who attends the game to do their own protest before the match in any way you see fit, this can be inside or outside the ground "ITS YOUR CHOICE"

During the game again i'm asking everyone to visually protest throughout the match, in your own way,

There will be a planned concourse protest on the day in every single stand, we will give you the full details of this nearer the time on time's etc, This will again be upto you how you choose to protest in the concourse area. Not everyone will go to the concourse but those who do not, i'm asking to keep protesting from your seats. This will cause un-organised chaos on the day, Something the club has tried to avoid.

We have played too nice to date and now must let our emotions out to stop our club from suffering death take over.

After the match we return to our seats in all area's of the ground and remain to continue protest, if removed from the ground we take the protest out-side.

These type of protest everyone can take part, be it from your seat, outside or in the concourse.... Its time to take Ewood Park back and show a unity that its too late for Kean and Venkys, the supporters have made their minds up, nothing will change their minds we want them both gone

What about trying to get these chants going:

STEVE - KEAN - OUT

VENK - YS - OUT

Loud from different sections of the stadium. Considering we have 4 parts of the stadium.

It is always a success at Aafk my local club.

We go:

AA - F - K

AA - F - K

Easy to follow.

It has to be a boycott. A mass boycott, a sub 10k attendance for a Premier League game would raise many eyebrows. In fact, the pricing initiative could ork to our advantage - it would be an even bigger impact to say the fans stayed away despite the good pricing, thats how strongly we feel.

It has to be a boycott. A mass boycott, a sub 10k attendance for a Premier League game would raise many eyebrows. In fact, the pricing initiative could ork to our advantage - it would be an even bigger impact to say the fans stayed away despite the good pricing, thats how strongly we feel.

I totally agree now is the time to arrange a Boycott, we need to talk with our feet.

I totally agree now is the time to arrange a Boycott, we need to talk with our feet.

I just dnt think enough supporters will boycott, we already have over 4000 NOT attending and not a sniff of that has been reported, If we had another 5000 boycott, it would just be made up with Swansea, Bolton supporters etc, because they will sell their allocation. The club would point to these fixture being category B, and the lack of much unrest in the stands by people not showing would again be turned into a positive by the Manager.

So although the principle of a boycott is there, the execution would have zero effect IMO

I think there are some great ideas here for what can be done next. I would not resort to violence, but maybe standing directly outside the team bus when it arrives at the Stoke game and our away fans could be chanting "Kean Out" or saying whatever they want to that gutter rat when he gets off the bus to makes things uncomfortable for him and then cheering the players when they get off the bus so they know that we support them?

I remember reading about a protest that the Schalke 04 fans staged when they were not happy with the how the club were being run. For the first 15 minutes of the game NO ONE in the crowd cheered or chanted and in that time Schalke scored and no one celebrated. Now the Schalke fans are like a Union and everyone pulls in the same direction and if they decide to do something, they all do it. This isn't the case with Rovers, with so many fans not wanting to upset the apple cart and would rather do nothing than something to show their concerns.

What needs to be done is to show that the MAJORITY of fans hate the manager and hate the owners. I'm not sure that it will make a difference to the way things are being run, but at least they'll know and there will be no more of this 'minority' crap that Kean keeps coming out with. Things like:

- Turning your back on the play and remaining silent for 10 - 15 minutes could be one thing to do.

- There are fans who won't be going to games, which is a good way to protest and would be even better if everyone did it. But there are fans who don't want to stay away and I respect that equally. A possible suggestion would be not to go into the ground for the first 10-15 minutes of the game, leaving the stadium empty. You may miss a goal, but so what. With the Sky cameras being at the next home game, they would be able to show people standing outside and not going in and there being an empty stadium while the game was going on. There could be health and safety issues with this one though, with a lot of people trying to get into the ground at the same time. But if stewarded in the correct manner it should be safe.

The problem with these suggestions however is that the apathetic supporter who doesn't care one way or the other about what's going on (and there seems to be a good number of those), could easily spoil the protest by and make it look a minority with their back to the game or standing outside, which would play directly into the hands of Kean and the owners.

On another note, I spoke with a dear senior citizen at last night Radio show (Lillian) She had black roses on her wheel chair and was a lovely lady, she wanted to know where she could purchase a Steve Kean Venkys out T-Shirt, She was deeply upset about Rovers and wanted to show her support to all the supporters who are standing up with her to show their disapproval. I really nice lady

I think there are some great ideas here for what can be done next. I would not resort to violence, but maybe standing directly outside the team bus when it arrives at the Stoke game and our away fans could be chanting "Kean Out" or saying whatever they want to that gutter rat when he gets off the bus to makes things uncomfortable for him and then cheering the players when they get off the bus so they know that we support them?

I remember reading about a protest that the Schalke 04 fans staged when they were not happy with the how the club were being run. For the first 15 minutes of the game NO ONE in the crowd cheered or chanted and in that time Schalke scored and no one celebrated. Now the Schalke fans are like a Union and everyone pulls in the same direction and if they decide to do something, they all do it. This isn't the case with Rovers, with so many fans not wanting to upset the apple cart and would rather do nothing than something to show their concerns.

What needs to be done is to show that the MAJORITY of fans hate the manager and hate the owners. I'm not sure that it will make a difference to the way things are being run, but at least they'll know and there will be no more of this 'minority' crap that Kean keeps coming out with. Things like:

- Turning your back on the play and remaining silent for 10 - 15 minutes could be one thing to do.

- There are fans who won't be going to games, which is a good way to protest and would be even better if everyone did it. But there are fans who don't want to stay away and I respect that equally. A possible suggestion would be not to go into the ground for the first 10-15 minutes of the game, leaving the stadium empty. You may miss a goal, but so what. With the Sky cameras being at the next home game, they would be able to show people standing outside and not going in and there being an empty stadium while the game was going on. There could be health and safety issues with this one though, with a lot of people trying to get into the ground at the same time. But if stewarded in the correct manner it should be safe.

The problem with these suggestions however is that the apathetic supporter who doesn't care one way or the other about what's going on (and there seems to be a good number of those), could easily spoil the protest by and make it look a minority with their back to the game or standing outside, which would play directly into the hands of Kean and the owners.

Kean would just stand in front of the camera's and say "i think there was a problem with the turnstile's at the beggining but the fan's came in when they could because the majority are behind me"

Has anybody thought of a petition? Surely enough (home and away fans) would signal their displeasure and sign inside and outside the ground to register to some degree with the Loons in Pune? Who knows should we go to the internet we might even get 100,000 signatures or whatever it needs and force a debate in parliament on the vulnerability of established institutions and the national game in general to the whims of money grabbing / asset strippers / bored oil billionaires / threatened oligarchs etc etc from all around the globe. BRFC could be the example provided.

Needs doing right mind. Maybe Jack or Tim etc might care to advise?

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/have-your-say/petitioning/public-petitions/

All T-shirst must be yellow with Black writing.

Just a thought are we sure we will definitely be playing in the away strip? I'm sure we will but it could be possible we might get away with playing in blue and white and if we did the sea of yellow might look a bit odd to neutrals.

Just a thought are we sure we will definitely be playing in the away strip? I'm sure we will but it could be possible we might get away with playing in blue and white and if we did the sea of yellow might look a bit odd to neutrals.

Isn't that the idea? :rolleyes:

I've previously suggested black and white cos they are significant negative colours to Hindu's. Bright colours are seen as positives. My words must have fallen on stony ground.

What about scarves in the same way as the Utd anti Glaser campaign???? The issue is that most casual supporters dont sing, they wont make their own banners or attend any demonstrations. They probably wouldnt even order their own T-Shirts. For any protest to be effective, you'll need the vast majority of fans inside Ewood to take part, not just those who are willing to go to extremes.

But could you sell scarves just outside of the ground?? Scarves which were yellow and had VENKYS OUT written on them in black?? The problem with T Shirts is that its getting cold and most people will be wearing coats. Boycotting wont work because the majority of the fans will want to still see the match and, like myself, support Rovers more than they hate Venky's/Kean. But if everyone was waving or holding up scarves, that could be effective.

I just dnt think enough supporters will boycott, we already have over 4000 NOT attending and not a sniff of that has been reported, If we had another 5000 boycott, it would just be made up with Swansea, Bolton supporters etc, because they will sell their allocation. The club would point to these fixture being category B, and the lack of much unrest in the stands by people not showing would again be turned into a positive by the Manager.

So although the principle of a boycott is there, the execution would have zero effect IMO

A boycott is wrong. We all want Rovers to remain in the prem. We all know the owners and manager have screwed things up big time. That is something we all agree with. But the only way supporters can help the club remain in the prem, is by supporting the team, getting behind the team. Yes wear your yellow t - shirts etc - I suggest you need a scalf as well - not everybody would come to a Rovers match in a t-shirt in winter. But a scalf would help. They will stand out as does the green and Yellow scalf at man U.

We all believe that Rovers being relegated would have a detrimentle affect on the town as a whole. Therefore supporters have to do al they can to try to prevent relegation happening

To be honest the players have also to stand up and be counted. At the end of the day they do need to be taught how to play football. They have a responcibility to the club and its supporters as well.

Isn't that the idea? :rolleyes:

I've previously suggested black and white cos they are significant negative colours to Hindu's. Bright colours are seen as positives. My words must have fallen on stony ground.

I thought the choice of yellow and black significant as (if we play in the away kit) it carries the message of supporting the team but with the protest. Maybe that's just me.

I thought the choice of yellow and black significant as (if we play in the away kit) it carries the message of supporting the team but with the protest. Maybe that's just me.

Yellow and Black cos its our away KIT, it also stands out much more and there can be no mistaking what they represent in terms of unhappiness

What about scarves in the same way as the Utd anti Glaser campaign???? The issue is that most casual supporters dont sing, they wont make their own banners or attend any demonstrations. They probably wouldnt even order their own T-Shirts. For any protest to be effective, you'll need the vast majority of fans inside Ewood to take part, not just those who are willing to go to extremes.

But could you sell scarves just outside of the ground?? Scarves which were yellow and had VENKYS OUT written on them in black?? The problem with T Shirts is that its getting cold and most people will be wearing coats. Boycotting wont work because the majority of the fans will want to still see the match and, like myself, support Rovers more than they hate Venky's/Kean. But if everyone was waving or holding up scarves, that could be effective.

Superb Idea. Bright Yellow with VENKYS OUT in black.

I've had a look online and l'm struggling to see any sites where you can design your own. There's a few where you send the the design in and you bulk buy. Maybe one for the Protest Fund Secretary to think about?

With winter closing in scarfs are the way forward, and you can hold them above your head like a banner :tu:

EDIT: Just came across this site Scarfs

A boycott is wrong. We all want Rovers to remain in the prem. We all know the owners and manager have screwed things up big time. That is something we all agree with. But the only way supporters can help the club remain in the prem, is by supporting the team, getting behind the team. Yes wear your yellow t - shirts etc - I suggest you need a scalf as well - not everybody would come to a Rovers match in a t-shirt in winter. But a scalf would help. They will stand out as does the green and Yellow scalf at man U.

We all believe that Rovers being relegated would have a detrimentle affect on the town as a whole. Therefore supporters have to do al they can to try to prevent relegation happening

To be honest the players have also to stand up and be counted. At the end of the day they do need to be taught how to play football. They have a responcibility to the club and its supporters as well.

I agree, I would go rovers even if they was non-league, I'm not letting a prize one idiot and unresponsible owners take away my joys of supporting my team, I will protest whilst there, but won't abandon my love for rovers

Superb Idea. Bright Yellow with VENKYS OUT in black.

I've had a look online and l'm struggling to see any sites where you can design your own. There's a few where you send the the design in and you bulk buy. Maybe one for the Protest Fund Secretary to think about?

With winter closing in scarfs are the way forward, and you can hold them above your head like a banner :tu:

Float like a butterfly sting like a BEE

Yellow and Black cos its our away KIT, it also stands out much more and there can be no mistaking what they represent in terms of unhappiness

I made a mistake suggesting yellow scalfs. I forgot about the away kit. We need a colour that cannot be mistaken for any of rovers kit colours. If the 'protest scalf' is anyway remotely the same colour as a kit Rovers wear or have worn, it would not stand out from the crowd, which must be the idea.

Red, blue, white, yellow, orange, have to be out.

But Green, black, (no purple or claret please)Pink (please no), Green or Black maybe the best bet.

the scarf idea is brilliant! Everyone in silence holding the scarfs up!

did anyone see the protest in austria a while ago where the fans threw thousands of tennis balls onto the pitch in protest of their match being rearanged because of a roger federer match? they had to delay kick off for them to clean them all up only for them to throw another couple of thousand just after the restart! we could use this but throw thousands of something that represents kean? maybe dildos?

Archived