BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

the scarf idea is brilliant! Everyone in silence holding the scarfs up!

did anyone see the protest in austria a while ago where the fans threw thousands of tennis balls onto the pitch in protest of their match being rearanged because of a roger federer match? they had to delay kick off for them to clean them all up only for them to throw another couple of thousand just after the restart! we could use this but throw thousands of something that represents kean? maybe dildos?

:lol: I can see it now. Thousands of chickens being thrown onto the pitch. Er not a good idea, they would then do matches behind close doors etc, bans like confettie coming in.

the scalf is the best idea. But a colour that does not clash with with any kit rovers wear.

Pukey green, cos what this shower are doing to this club is making the club and all of us sick. Green, stands out, from blue, red, yellow, white. It would have to be printed with Venkys out on it. They can stop banners, but not a scalf.

A yellow scalf is no good, especially away from Ewood Park. The scalf has to stand out at home and away matches.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I can see it now. Thousands of chickens being thrown onto the pitch. Er not a good idea, they would then do matches behind close doors etc, bans like confettie coming in.

the scalf is the best idea. But a colour that does not clash with with any kit rovers wear.

Pukey green, cos what this shower are doing to this club is making the club and all of us sick. Green, stands out, from blue, red, yellow, white. It would have to be printed with Venkys out on it. They can stop banners, but not a scalf.

A yellow scalf is no good, especially away from Ewood Park. The scalf has to stand out at home and away matches.

would black with white writing not be the most effective? its irelevent anyway really as like all things they only work if majority of the fans do it.... kean could personaly go and take a dump on jack walkers statue and most fans wouldnt feel the need to do anything. Incredibly sad times.

So can we get scarves up and running? If we could sell them on mass like the glazer ones it would represent the thousands of unhappy fans, and is much more acceptable to the ones who for some reason don't want to protest. Maybe speak to the people who organised the Glazer scarves and ask them how they got it up and running. I think a petition is a good idea aswell.

We have seen that many people are reluctant to partake in protests or marches, so maybe the simpler the better. The less people have to commit to, the more successful it may be.

Whether i'l even be going back to ewood I really don't know, I'm absolutely livid at the moment.

I think the scarf idea is fantastic. Produced properly it would also be a valuable source of revenue for the protest movement. Red should be the colour, in football-terms it is the opposite of blue, it is popular and will stand for The Rose. Maybe red and white, like the popular retro scarf Rovers have sold recently?

I think the scarf idea is fantastic. Produced properly it would also be a valuable source of revenue for the protest movement. Red should be the colour, in football-terms it is the opposite of blue, it is popular and will stand for The Rose. Maybe red and white, like the popular retro scarf Rovers have sold recently?

Has anyone got any problems with claret and blue ^_^

Before deciding on what colour to use, it might be worth looking at the following because in Hindu faith colour is rather symbolic:

Red - In Hindu religion red is of utmost significance and the color most frequently used for auspicious occasions like marriages, birth of a child, festivals etc. A red mark is put on the forehead during ceremonies and important occasions. As a sign of marriage, women put red powder on the hair parting. They also wear a red sari during marriage. Red powder is usually thrown on statues of deities and phallic symbols during prayers. It is also the color of Shakti (prowess). A red colored dress is put on deities who are charitable, brave, protective and who have the capacity to destroy evil. On the death of a woman, her body is wrapped in a red cloth for the cremation.

Saffron - It represents fire and as impurities are burnt by fire, this color symbolizes purity. It also represents religious abstinence. It is the color of holy men and ascetics who have renounced the world. Wearing the color symbolizes the quest for light. It is the battle color of the Rajputs, the warrior caste.

Green - Symbolizing peace and happiness, it stabilizes the mind. The color is cool to the eyes and represents nature.

Yellow - This is the color of knowledge and learning. It symbolizes happiness, peace, meditation, competence and mental development. It is the color of spring and activates the mind. Lord Vishnu's dress is yellow symbolizing his representation of knowledge. Lord Krishna and Ganesha also wear yellow dresses.

White - It is a mixture of seven different colors hence it symbolizes a little bit of the quality of each. It represents purity, cleanliness, peace and knowledge. The goddess of knowledge, Saraswati is always shown as wearing a white dress, sitting on a white lotus. The other prominent deities would also have a touch of white on their dress. A Hindu widow would wear a white dress in mourning.

Blue - The Creator has given the maximum of blue to nature (i.e.) the sky, the oceans, the rivers and the lakes. The deity who has the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations, of stable mind and depth of character is represented as blue colored. Lord Rama and Krishna spent their life protecting humanity and destroying evil, hence they are colored blue.

A scalf that does not clash with any Rovers shirt. I suggest it should be GREEN. Nothing rovers wear clashes with green.

Green, rhymes with kean. GREEN, with VENKYS or KEAN OUT would stand out.

whilst i dont support a boycott i would support a mass walkout , if say we all walked out 10mins before end of the game regardless of score , lets face it half the riverside go then so our numbers will look even greater :blush:

great idea on scarves though , brilliant visual protes

Glen, TND has come up with a usggestion. I think it is time to enlist Mr Cryer into the ranks.

We are not going to secure 100000 signatures for a commons debate so the next best thing is to orgamise a message book through our local media source, The LET. If not a message book then a signature poll can be conducted and then the evidence handed straight to Ewood and the resident clowns.

#

It would serve its purpose to dispel to Kean that the minority are the ones who only want him out. It would also send the message loud and clear to Venkys that the support do not want him in charge. To add to the poll we could also send the message to them that we do support the club and the players.

I do not support a pitch invasion of any kind nor do I support the throwing of any article onto the pitch as part of any demonstration. I do fully and 100% support any protests of they are done correctly.

For the next home game I want to see Rovers fans together and not divided, it is time to act as one together. The stark reality is now hitting home. Rovers are on a one way ticket to oblivion. There is no hope of a divine intervention whilst these muppets are allowed to continue in dismantling our club. Its time to enlist the support of The Walker family themselves. I am certain a Mr Fred Walker will have his views on what is happening at the club. I am certain there are people on here who can enlist Mr Williams and Mr Finn to get their weight behind the cause. We need to enlist Mr Cryer and the LET to get the message across to the club because the silence from Ewood is deafening. Yet another email from me lies unanswered because there is no communication from the club. We have celebrity supporters who can help, I am sure someone somewhere has contats with Wayne Hemmingway and Dr Who star who is a staunch fan. We have an MP (if he can be called that) called Jack Straw who is a supporter, he should be approached for his support.

I back the scarf protest and think its a great idea. I just hope we dont see mayhem off the park with the fans resorting to violence against each other as we saw at Wigan and at home to Spurs.

The time has come people, as Glen says, to take our club back. One voice together may just be the way ahead to get Kean to accept our message and to get Venkys to realise that our club, our once great club is not a toy they can take apart and out back as easy as lego, they must realise its an institution with a proud history.

KEAN OUT

• Backroom

I still think these ideas may be harmful to the overall point of the protests personally.

I don't think you can get enough people doing it and the gimmicky protests (t shirts, flowers, balloons etc) end up being few numbers and all to easy to paint as a minority and fall right into the hands of Kean who can say 'the protestors were wearing yellow shirts, how many did you see?'

For me the best form of protest by a long long shot is an organic full blooded one which will happen if we were to go a goal behind in the next home game. Part of my reasoning for this is your average fan will not turn up at a game with the aim of protesting especially one that is massive to the club, on game day passion takes over and all most will care about on that day is 3 points, should that go wrong that's when things like a protest take shape

This isn't a dig just my views on it.

Some great ideas lads and lassies.

I definitely like the idea of staying in the concourse for the first 15 mins of the next home game. Then to go into the respective stand but making your way to the front and staying there as long as possible. All the while chanting, 'Venky's Out, Kean Out.' Then take your seat if you have to.

The pitch invasion is also a good idea but an offence that could result in a ban from Ewood. There would have to be a few hundred taking part to get round the ban thing (too many for them to cope with) but unfortunately I am sure there are too many apathetic 'fans' at Ewood these days to make this option worth trying. To be honest, probably too many for option number one as well.

Scarves and t-shirts great also.

I still think these ideas may be harmful to the overall point of the protests personally.

I don't think you can get enough people doing it and the gimmicky protests (t shirts, flowers, balloons etc) end up being few numbers and all to easy to paint as a minority and fall right into the hands of Kean who can say 'the protestors were wearing yellow shirts, how many did you see?'

For me the best form of protest by a long long shot is an organic full blooded one which will happen if we were to go a goal behind in the next home game. Part of my reasoning for this is your average fan will not turn up at a game with the aim of protesting especially one that is massive to the club, on game day passion takes over and all most will care about on that day is 3 points, should that go wrong that's when things like a protest take shape

Bang on Tom.

A few hundred people undertaking a gimmick will be singled out by Kean, painted as a madcap 'negative minority' and Kean wins again.

Wigan was a display of fury from the fans, before, during and after. No hiding place for Kean, no dismissive talk of 'its just a minority', THAT is the way.

• Backroom

Bang on Tom.

A few hundred people undertaking a gimmick will be singled out by Kean, painted as a madcap 'negative minority' and Kean wins again.

Wigan was a display of fury from the fans, before, during and after. No hiding place for Kean, no dismissive talk of 'its just a minority', THAT is the way.

problem is it won't work at Ewood... too many peope will sit idly by and do nothing, or leave.

Bang on Tom.

You're right, but it takes us going a goal down to do this, and even then people start arguing between themselves. God, at the Man City game there were two lads going mad at each other.

I'll never understand the people who say, stop shouting at Kean, the players need our support. These people will sit on their hands until we get relegated. Things will not get better, and until we all unite as one we will be watching Kean and Venkys tear down our club from the inside for a long time.

This has gone well beyond 'supporting the players' because whenever we do that it serves as a perfect excuse for Kean to say 'you could see the vast majority of fans are behind us' and that drives me bloody mad!

Maybe protest aren't the way forward, rather a campaign. Get people signed up, get them doing interviews and send them to ITV etc. Create a scarf to represent your commitment to the campain. Involve Celebrities? Maybe i'm just getting desperate and am short of ideas. But a campaign is far more attractive to those who don't want to protest.

Maybe Venkys don't give a #### and will just ignore anything we do

I agree doing protests on how the game is going is no longer an option, being 1-0 up or 2-0 up is not going to change the picture or widespread opinion. 90 minutes of protest regardless of the scoreline is the stage we are now at,

We have got to such a desperate stage by waiting for results to improve, those days are now over. Before during and after from here on in

I agree doing protests on how the game is going is no longer an option, being 1-0 up or 2-0 up is not going to change the picture or widespread opinion. 90 minutes of protest regardless of the scoreline is the stage we are now at,

We have got to such a desperate stage by waiting for results to improve, those days are now over. Before during and after from here on in

And uncompromising.

full-metal-jacket.jpg

I'm really not convinced this new protest is going to work. The owners now know that the fans hate Steve Kean, two of them witnessed this first hand at Wigan on Sat, yet they go and give Kean a new contract. They don't really care what the fans think -even if the whole stadium was chanting for 'kean out' and had banners, we all know they still wouldn't sack kean.

Think the protests need to start hitting their brand in India - it's the only way. Thought the full page ad idea in Indian newspapers critising Venky's was a good idea.

Regardless of the score line - even winning, do me a favour.

If you start doing that and it disrupts the performance of the team. As far as I am concerned you can then shove your protest as far up your rectum as it will go. To protest even if the team is winning, is nothing but counter productive.

You want to protest when the team are winning. We need to stay in the prem - to do so we need to win matches. Supporters need to do what the owners and manager are not doing, help this team, this club stay in the prem.

Most of us want the owners and Kean out. But we also want to stay in the prem. Protest against the owners and Kean as much as you want - but not the players, get behind the players. Because we need them to win matches to stay in the prem, for the sake of the club as well as Blackburn as a town.

Bang on Tom.

People are now being encouraged to protest during a match even if Rovers are winning. Total madness now.

I think your right. First and foremost when you go to a match you want your team to win.

I agree, each protest has got less and less media coverage and it will get to the point where they wont report a thing as it WILL be classed a minority every time.

I dont fault the ideas coming out but I think you should wait, the more coverage you get from Radio Lancs and the evening Telegraph will bring more and more to the cause, I think the telegraph is by far the best way to get more on board and numbers are simply what you need not more rushed ideas.

Only my two cents guys dont shoot me for it.

I wouldn't worry about it paffell, if we are winning a game, a protest/chants won't get off the ground, they never have, never will.

Case in point- when we had the lead at Wigan.

Oh I realise that. I just cannot understand somebody encouraging people to protest whilst winning a match. These days at Rovers, if they are winning and end up winning, I'll have a damn party, not a protest.

As stated above, the gloves are off now. The owners and manager are at war with Rovers supporters and Kean's contract extension is nothing more than another two-fingered salute to fans who love this club and have supported it through thick and thin for decades.

Most fans have accepted we are likely to be relegated but if we are going down we should take the owners and manager with us. The time has come for a mass protest at the next home match in the form of a pitch sit-in. This could either be before the match to stop it taking place or a pitch invasion during the match to get the match abandoned.

The worldwide publicity should cause Venky's huge embarrassment and hopefully will damage their brand and their business and it might, just might, finally convince them that they should sell up and get out. A sit-in would also undoubtedly cause harm to Rovers and may even result in a points deduction but to be honest with this lot in charge we shouldn't care. The damage has already been done and it doesn't feel like it's our club any more....

Whatever the fans do will be reported as the fans fault. We can't win by causing further problems.

What we really need is the media, particularly locally (Mr Cryer), to continue to highlight the ongoing situation and increasing the pressure on the club or the PL to act.

We seem to have a certain sympathy from other clubs (even if backhandedly from the likes of the Dingles) but zero support from the media, or PL.

What is happening at Rovers could happen to any other club, particularly in the PL, because their fit and proper tests (clearly) do not go far enough and they will not take any interest thereafter, preferring instead to wait for clubs to be relegated (e.g. Leeds, Pompey). For instance, is it 'fit and proper' for a manager's agent to be an advisor to his client's club? (If indeed this is/was the case).

We need to work on highlighting things like this and damaging the name of the PL and their product, but through the right channels.

Gloves off is not the answer.

This feels like a massive story but one that will only be told once our rotting corpse is cold.

I agree Tom. I have been on all the protests so far and I feel that they have now reached their natural conclusion and (for want of a better description) have lost their effect and impact. In my opinion the best ones will now happen spontaneously during games although if we are winning I accept it will be difficult to get too many involved. Personally I think it will have more impact if we are winning. It needs a concerted effort to get the majority of fans to chant by encouraging the normally quiet ones to join in. Stoke on Saturday is an ideal opportunity to really get up close and personal with the imposter with the logistics of the ground. The team coach will pull up right by the turnstiles where we go in and the players and staff enter and leave in the corner we will be in.

Archived