BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Peaceful, organised protests have had their day. They failed. We need unity and how ever many thousand screaming for Venky's to get out. Kean doesn't get away with this either, he was a complete knob after the Wigan game. Shouts for him out too. It all needs to be let out now. If we go down, we go down fighting. Pride in the Rovers, pride in Blackburn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats expensive!!

Not necessarily if you consider the circulation.

The Times of India (wiki)From Wikipedia,

"In the year 2008, the newspaper reported that (with a circulation of over 3.14 million) it was certified by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (India) as the world's largest selling English-language daily newspaper, placing it as the 8th largest selling newspaper in any language in the world.[3] According to the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2010, the Times of India is the most widely read English newspaper in India with a readership of 70.35 lakhs (7.035 million). This ranks the Times of India as the top English newspaper in India by readership.[4] According to ComScore, Indiatimes (and not TOI online) is the world's most-visited newspaper website with 159 million page views in May 2009, ahead of the New York Times, The Sun, Washington Post, Daily Mail and USA Today websites."

• Backroom

Interesting that the owners seemed genuinely shocked at how angry people were towards them. Well, I say interesting, it's more sad how out of touch they are. "The plan doesn't seem to be going as well as Jerome and Steve told us."

They responded to this by giving the fans a two-fingered salute by handing the bald wonder a new contract.

Time to bite back and make them squirm, as others have said, the time for respectful protests is over. Venky's show no respect to us, so we should show no respect for them.

I'm not advocating breaking the law, but as Drog said... things need to go up a level. If some fans don't like it then, quite frankly, tough. Somebody has to take a stand before Venky's, SEM, Kentaro and Steve Kean drive this club into the abyss.

If I was to see Steve Kean around and murder him in the short term I’d be condemned by most people. But future Rovers fans will condemn us for not killing him.

If I had a terminal illness or no family I would 100% kill him but alas can only hope for someone else to step up.

Claus von Stauffenberg attempted to assassinate Hitler and for his troubles he got executed. Now many, even Germans, look back at him as a nearly man, a hero and even a film about him.

Fingers crossed someone out there will kill Kean. Then we can rename ground after him.

Will you be at the game??? How many have you attended so far??? If you have been going all the games all season and witnessing what the over 17000 fans have then fair enough. SINCE WHEN DOES IT MATTER HOW MANY MATCHES A PERSON ATTENDS - IT DOES NOT MAKE THEM ANY LESS OF A SUPPORTER. DO YOU THINK IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO WATCH A MATCH WITHOUT ATTENDING - THERE IS TV AND INTERNET? I WANT VENKYS OUT AND KEAN OUT AS MUCH AS OTHERS. YES I KNOW THINGS ARE VERY VERY WRONG AT THE CLUB.

One result does not change our position, throughout this Kean's tenure all I have heard from certain sections of our supporters is, give him more time, dnt protest during games, then the pro kean brigade at the weekend said "Blame should be aimed at the players". Well I'm sorry if it does not fit in with your criteria, but SK and Venkys have destroyed our club, and I aint waiting til they buggar off home to vent my fury, and nor is the other supporters who have vented their anger for over 2 and half months.

I HAVE NEVER SAID GIVE HIM MORE TIME. BUT PROTESTING WHEN THE TEAM IS WINNING IS PLAIN WRONG. THOSE WHO DO THAT HAVE TO QUESTION IF THEY ARE SUPPORTERS OR NOT. PROTEST YES. BUT NOT A CHANTING ONE,IF THE TEAM IS WINNING. YES WEAR SHIRT OR SCARF ETC IN PROTEST. CHANT IF TEAM LOSING - BUT NOT WHILST WINNING.

If you dnt wish to take part or you aint going the game I respect your opinion, but I for one aint fickle, and can see the bigger picture as others have for months.

THERE IS A BIGGER PICTURE - BUT YOU DO NOT TURN ON THE TEAM IF THEY ARE WINNING, WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE NOW ENCOURAGING

Supporters vented their fury throughout the game at the weekend not just when we was losing but also when we was drawing. This Manager can not be allowed to see out the remainder of these 5 fixtures were points are do-able.

YES AND WHAT HAPPENED - THE TEAM ONLY MANAGED A DRAW AGAINST THE BOTTOM CLUB IN THE PREM.

I can't remember anyone being as hated as him as an employee of Rovers. CORRECT

People can do their own things, with whatever sits right with them, but I for one will be doing what I want, when I want and how I want. WELL IF THE TEAM ARE WINNING, I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT PROTEST AND SIT NEXT TO A GENUINE SUPPORTER, WHO WANT THE TEAM TO WIN.

I'm sick of hearing people say boycott from 300 miles away, I go to our games and boycott will never be something I would ever do, its easy for people to say that when they dont attend games, its also easy for people to chuck idea's forward and slate others when they don't attend games. I'm all for listening to idea's but with every idea comes people either against it, or the one throwing the idea not wanting to help put it into action.

SINCE WHEN HAVE I EVER SAID BOYCOTT THE MATCHES - I HAVE CONSTANTLY SAID NOT TO BOYCOTT. MORE GARBAGE ABOUT NOT ATTENDING MATCHES. NOT EVERYBODY LIVES ON ON THE DOORSTEP OF THEIR FOOTBALL CLUB. iF YOU PROTEST DURING A MATCH ROVERS ARE WINNING, YOU WILL JUST ALIENATE SUPPORTERS.

If you have an idea then i'm all ears but please take it upon yourself to exercise it, violence in the stands is one thing none of us want to see. We all go to the game to cheer on a victory, however the way things are going even that may be taken away from us, unless some one at Rovers gets a grip of the situation.

ALL THE MORE REASON NOT TO PROTEST IF THE TEAM ARE WINNING.

Some supporters dnt protest will never protest and dnt say much about the ones that do, I respect their opinion and rights to not take part. Then there is us that have been protesting will continue to protest and will do all we can to force this clubs hand, it may not work, it may not impact, but I don't care, i'm not going hiding and accepting what will be , will be, and one win be it against Stoke or Against Swansea, is not going to quickly fix the issues at Rovers

PROTEST ALL YOU WANT SO BE IT AND MORE THAN UNDERSTANDABLE. REASONS I AGREE WITH. IF YOU PROTEST WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING THE MATCH, YOU ARE NOT RESPECTING THOSE WHO ARE ANTI-PROTEST.

MY ISSUE IS, IF THE TEAM IS WINNING, YOU DO NOT START PROTESTING. VICTORIES ARE GOING TO BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, THAT IS OBVIOUS. BUT WE NEED EACH AND EVERYONE WE CAN GET TO KEEP THIS CLUB IN THE PREM. IF SUPPORTERS START PROTESTING WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING. THE PLAYERS COULD SAY, WHATS THE POINT, THEY DON'T CARE, WHY SHOULD WE.

If I was to see Steve Kean around and murder him in the short term I’d be condemned by most people. But future Rovers fans will condemn us for not killing him.

If I had a terminal illness or no family I would 100% kill him but alas can only hope for someone else to step up.

Claus von Stauffenberg attempted to assassinate Hitler and for his troubles he got executed. Now many, even Germans, look back at him as a nearly man, a hero and even a film about him.

Fingers crossed someone out there will kill Kean. Then we can rename ground after him.

Absolutely bonkers, but it made me laugh in what is a dark and torrid time.

Why don't 15/20 fans go to the next game dressed in Chicken costumes. Then 2 minutes before Kick Off - they all make a bee-line for the centre circle and just sit down and force the game to be delayed. If Rovers game is 10 minutes late kicking off - people will want to know why. It would look great the pictures in the paper the next day of a group of chickens sat in the centre circle.

• Backroom

PROTEST ALL YOU WANT SO BE IT AND MORE THAN UNDERSTANDABLE. REASONS I AGREE WITH. IF YOU PROTEST WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING THE MATCH, YOU ARE NOT RESPECTING THOSE WHO ARE ANTI-PROTEST.

MY ISSUE IS, IF THE TEAM IS WINNING, YOU DO NOT START PROTESTING. VICTORIES ARE GOING TO BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, THAT IS OBVIOUS. BUT WE NEED EACH AND EVERYONE WE CAN GET TO KEEP THIS CLUB IN THE PREM. IF SUPPORTERS START PROTESTING WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING. THE PLAYERS COULD SAY, WHATS THE POINT, THEY DON'T CARE, WHY SHOULD WE.

Surely, Paffell, you could just as easily argue the team need the supporters more when we're losing than winning? If you're taking this kind of stance then really your stance should be that protests should not happen in the match, period.

Pafell

i do agree with your sentiments ,and you're right , protesting when the team is winning could be seen as counter-productive , however in only protesting when we're losing or not winning we could be seen as fair-weather protesters , win lose or draw the green and gold campaign at utd was there, it was visual ,and you knew why and what it meant, we need to do the same

Yes they wore the scarves and yes they chanted - hasn't done them any good either. The big difference between man u and Rovers is that man u had and have the manager and the players to keep them up and successful on the pitch. Rovers do not.

Yes wear scarves and T-shirts in protest, fully in agreement. Have marches as well, before or after the match. But whilst the match is on and rovers are winning, we need to do all we can to help them keep hold of the result.

. IF SUPPORTERS START PROTESTING WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING. THE PLAYERS COULD SAY, WHATS THE POINT, THEY DON'T CARE, WHY SHOULD WE.

The players know full well the protest is not aimed at them, ,it's aimed at Kean and Venkys. It's the fact that people DO care that are driving them to do this. These people care far, far more about Blackburn Rovers than any employee ever will. Any player with half a brain knows that.

YES AND WHAT HAPPENED - THE TEAM ONLY MANAGED A DRAW AGAINST THE BOTTOM CLUB IN THE PREM.

I am unsure at what point the vocal protests really started by the large majority although I have heard it was after Dunn got sent off and we were 2-1 down. Once again we were failing under Kean before that point - against the bottom club in the prem.

Surely, Paffell, you could just as easily argue the team need the supporters more when we're losing than winning? If you're taking this kind of stance then really your stance should be that protests should not happen in the match, period.

I see your point on when losing they need support more. But, I suggest, whilst there is still a chance of winning the match, hold off. But 3 or 4 0 down, 20 minutes left, team playing like cr@p, is a total different matter.

There is reason for protest, but a right way of doing so - but not at the time the team is winning.

The players know full well the protest is not aimed at them, ,it's aimed at Kean and Venkys. It's the fact that people DO care that are driving them to do this. These people care far, far more about Blackburn Rovers than any employee ever will. Any player with half a brain knows that.

If that's the case - why did only Robbo come over to applaud the fans after Wigan.

So, the question to ask, is who at the club has managed to cover up and explain away some quite monumental efforts to get across how the fans feel, if it took seeing it with their own eyes to believe it! That's quite an impressive cover up.

Especially when you consider they monitor the forums etc. Whoever "they" are, clearly not The Raos and Desai anyway. A mixture of Stevie Boy, Aggers and Anderson I'd imagine.

Really hope you're joking. I'd cooperate with Satan himself if it meant getting rid of Venky's.

PETA? Headbangers of the highest order. Surprised they've not had anything to say to be honest. Having said that this isn't their fight. But if people want the protests turning up then these are the boys, oh and the BWAB, Mrs F tells me (never heard of em myself). Not a route we should go down though I don't believe.

Hit em where it hurts, embarrass them in their own country. "A disgrace to The good name of India". "Indias shame. Stick to Chickens Venkys your embarassing yourselves and your Country". "If you love sport please boycott Venkys products until they have sold Blackburn Rovers, their miss management will destroy 136 years of history and proud existence". Full page advert, not cheap by any means but they won't bloody like that. Yes, I would contribute.

I am unsure at what point the vocal protests really started by the large majority although I have heard it was after Dunn got sent off and we were 2-1 down. Once again we were failing under Kean before that point - against the bottom club in the prem.

According to Glen, he said at wigan the protests started more or less at kick off. I thought it was when they were 2 -1 down and at half time.

If that's the case - why did only Robbo come over to applaud the fans after Wigan.

Because Kean told them not too? Or because they don't care as much as the fans? Don't know.

According to Glen, he said at wigan the protests started more or less at kick off. I thought it was when they were 2 -1 down and at half time.

I wasn't there but I believe a small number started early. At 2-1 down far more joined in and when Dunn went it was the majority of the away following. Other people say differently. As I said I wasn't there so can't be sure.

The question as to whether the protests need to intensify come down to two issue.

1) Do you think we will probably be relegated under Kean ?

2) Under Venkys and their advisors, do you think relegation could possibly have serious effects on the future or even existence of the club?

If the answer to the above is YES then you have to try and affect the situation. If protesting before and after the game are not working what are the options. Sit back, wait and say I told you saw. I fully appreciate why the people who are organising these things are doing it. It's not for a fun afternoon causing trouble. It's out of passion for the club.

• Backroom

I wasn't there but I believe a small number started early. At 2-1 down far more joined in and when Dunn went it was the majority of the away following. Other people say differently. As I said I wasn't there so can't be sure.

It was mainly towards the end of the first half, during half time and until we equalised, then weirdly at 2-2 there was next to no atmosphere from both fans was rather odd

Archived