BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So based on that our options are.

1) support the team through the 90 mins and accept the management. We may stay up but it's highly unlikely and would be followed by another year of ridicule.

2) Protest during the games to try and force a change of management which may well result in us losing more games and going down - if the owners don't listen.

Either way the outcome is more than likely going to result in relegation. So do you support the team at all costs and hope we stay up, only to endure more of the same?

Alternatively do you protest (which seems to be falling on deaf ears) and hopefully get a change of management that will make a difference, this season and next?

The sad thing is, at this moment of time, relegation followed by a fire sale of players and a cheap sale of the club is probably the realistic outcome of either choice. Ironically, it would also be the best outcome in the long term for the club as these owners/management would be gone.

Have people not realised yet. There is not going to be a change in either ownership or manager no matter how many protests are done. They are not listening, they have no plans to do so either.

We want the team to remain in the prem - they don't care either way. Supporters have to do their bit to help this team win and stay up. Which is one reason why I object to protests at the time the team is winning. Protest yes, but not at the team. What is the target of the protest, 1/ Venkys, 2/ Kean or 3/ the players. If the third is not the target, then why do it.

I've just voted her down as a business leader.

Shes down to -35 at the moment,

you can post a comment to, here is mine

'Anuradha J Desai and her 2 brothers the Raos have destroyed Blackburn Rovers Football Club in England. They are incompetent and should have sold the club to the Qatari's to get their money back. As it is the club will be relegated from the English Premier League at the end of this season, this is a Football Club with a 136 year history, founder members of the original Football league, founder members of the English Premier League and one of only 4 winners of the English Premier League, the only club to win the FA cup 3 years in a row, the list of acheivements is endless, they have destroyed a 136 year old footballing institution that was held in the highest esteem worldwide until they took control just one year ago, it is an absolute disgrace and an embarrasing mark against the ability of the Indian business community in general. They should do the right thing and sell up now to someone who knows how to run a successful Premier League Football Club'

Lets go get them

ps

you can vote more than once, you just have to add a comment for it to register

Have people not realised yet. There is not going to be a change in either ownership or manager no matter how many protests are done. They are not listening, they have no plans to do so either.

We want the team to remain in the prem - they don't care either way. Supporters have to do their bit to help this team win and stay up. Which is one reason why I object to protests at the time the team is winning. Protest yes, but not at the team. What is the target of the protest, 1/ Venkys, 2/ Kean or 3/ the players. If the third is not the target, then why do it.

Perhaps, sitting in front of the TV, you are able to take a more detached view of matters. If the Rovers are winning there will be very little in the way of protest. However, if we are playing poorly, as happened at Wigan on Saturday, then those who are at the match will obviously give vent to their feelings. It has always been that way and always will be. Dunny got a huge amount of abuse when he was sent off on Saturday because fans were frustrated by the stupidity of his actions. Protests, largely, happen because of what is taking place on the pitch. If we play well at Stoke and are winning the overwhelming majority of fans will be behind the team - as happened at Norwich a few weeks ago - and I suspect there will be few protests during the match. If we play poorly and are losing I suspect it will be a different matter.

Think this is the proper one.

Mrs D

Voted down with teh following comments:

Mrs Desai has shown a distinct lack of leadership ability since becoming Chair Person of Blackburn Rovers FC under the Venkys London banner.

What was once seen as a flagship business within the football industry, with many others striving to be as well run and viewed, has now turned in to the worst run Football clubs in the Premier League and probably beyond.

The lack of leadership is highlighted by the attitude towards the customers of Blackburn Rovers FC, the loyal fan base, which have been ignored and quite frankly treated with absolute disdain by Mrs Desai and her brothers.

Perhaps, sitting in front of the TV, you are able to take a more detached view of matters. If the Rovers are winning there will be very little in the way of protest. However, if we are playing poorly, as happened at Wigan on Saturday, then those who are at the match will obviously give vent to their feelings. It has always been that way and always will be. Dunny got a huge amount of abuse when he was sent off on Saturday because fans were frustrated by the stupidity of his actions. Protests, largely, happen because of what is taking place on the pitch. If we play well at Stoke and are winning the overwhelming majority of fans will be behind the team - as happened at Norwich a few weeks ago - and I suspect there will be few protests during the match. If we play poorly and are losing I suspect it will be a different matter.

I don't have a detached view of matters. My view is that protests should not be going on if the team is winning. But Glen came on here and is encouraging people to protest during the match, even if the team is winning at the time. If people do that it will be very very detrimentle to events on the pitch. It is also likely to cause trouble amongst supporters. Bare in mind less than 1000 supporters come on to this site - 16 -17000 don't. The latter will be stunned to see the rovers supporters protest at a time the team is winning. Any such protest would lose what credibility it has.

Lets be honest, what supporter protests at the time the team is winning?

I don't have a detached view of matters. My view is that protests should not be going on if the team is winning. But Glen came on here and is encouraging people to protest during the match, even if the team is winning at the time. If people do that it will be very very detrimentle to events on the pitch. It is also likely to cause trouble amongst supporters. Bare in mind less than 1000 supporters come on to this site - 16 -17000 don't. The latter will be stunned to see the rovers supporters protest at a time the team is winning. Any such protest would lose what credibility it has.

Lets be honest, what supporter protests at the time the team is winning?

I think you'll find that there will be few protests during any match if the Rovers are winning. Fans want to see their team win and demonstrations, or certainly the most effective ones, come about when the team is struggling to get results. I've yet to see fans do anything other than back the team when they believe they are giving one hundred percent in terms of effort and playing well. However, when the performance on the pitch is poor, the reaction of the fans is understandable. Fans voiced their opinions in large numbers at Wigan not because of any organised protest but because we were playing poorly and looked likely to lose to a very poor side. Events on the pitch will always dictate the attitude of the majority of fans to protests.

Voted down with teh following comments:

Mrs Desai has shown a distinct lack of leadership ability since becoming Chair Person of Blackburn Rovers FC under the Venkys London banner.

What was once seen as a flagship business within the football industry, with many others striving to be as well run and viewed, has now turned in to the worst run Football clubs in the Premier League and probably beyond.

The lack of leadership is highlighted by the attitude towards the customers of Blackburn Rovers FC, the loyal fan base, which have been ignored and quite frankly treated with absolute disdain by Mrs Desai and her brothers.

Balaji Bling just went minus,

come on everyone do the bis'

Is it always a grand fine for going on the pitch? or does it depend what you earn?

You'd just get shoved back in the stands if enough people did it.

Coventry away was a classic circa '93/4 when loads of people were there in fancy dress. Remember batman, robin, spiderman and a womble amongst others invading the pitch at one point when we scored.

I think to take the protest movement to the next level it's only right that there's an official Venky's Out website. Just to make it that bit more professional. Where fans of all clubs could be drawn, where the dirt on Venky's and Kean's systematic failures, lies and such can be broadcast in the public domain. Also, it's an easy source for the press to refer to for the latest direct action organisations and the move in general would most likely get abit of attention.

If we highlight our plight, we will get more support from everyone in the football world.

I don't know how much it would cost for say... www.venkysout.co.uk and hosting and such, but with afew donations to get the ball rolling it can't be that much.

Totally agree with this - the media will always distort comments/interviews/etc - if statements were to be issues on an "official" site of sorts then the information is there for all to see.

Cost would be negligible if hosted somewhere like wordpress for a forwarder on the domain.

You'd just get shoved back in the stands if enough people did it.

Coventry away was a classic circa '93/4 when loads of people were there in fancy dress. Remember batman, robin, spiderman and a womble amongst others invading the pitch at one point when we scored.

Thanks for the reply, i was on the pitch at Cov as a Ninja Turtle with my mate the Pink Panther lol. I just wondered if the law had changed recently.

It sound like its all to do with the numbers.

I think there’s a target that’s getting off lightly.

If we look at this situation from the beginning and look at the root cause of all our problems it all stems from one man.

I believe that the Rao’s are naïve, gullible and possibly very stupid but that their initial intentions were probably well meant . However, they ( particularly Balaji) have been manipulated by a well known shyster who must have thought all of his Christmases had come at once when he met them. Mrs Desai even referred to him as being one of the family.

The Raos’ know nothing about football so who put it into their heads to sack Sam Allardyce? The Spiv.

SEM client Steve Kean has no managerial experience, who could possibly think he was capable of managing an established premier league club? The Spiv.

Who gave Mrs Desai the idea that you don’t need to spend big money to get into the Champions League and that you can do it with loan deals? The Spiv.

Who made John Williams' job untenable by making sure that Kean reported directly to Pune about transfer activities? The Spiv.

Who is so disrespectful of our club he got Kean to sign his son on a professional contract when his football skills are more suited to Pleasington playing fields on a Sunday morning? TheSpiv.

Who put it into Venkys head that it was the right time (at this time, nearly into December and one game won FFS!) to give Kean a new contract? The Spiv.

Who stands to gain most from all of the above?

Recently Balaji Rao was reported to have said that Steve Kean was a brilliant manager. Guess who said the same thing in a Ribble Valley restaurant recently?

Who is feeding Pune (apart from Kean) with the nonsense that only a small percentage of Rovers fans are against the manager?

Transfer dealings? Well I don’t want to talk about those!

When Sam was sacked, love him or hate him, media darling Sir Alex Ferguson said.

‘You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson, he couldn’t pick his nose. It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves’

This is all after the shenanigans at Manchester City with Shinawatra. The Abu Dhabi lot soon showed him the door. (I bet he hated the idea of a Qatari bid.)

A lot of people in football and the media detest the way he operates.

I think a protest against his past, present and future involvement in our club would find much fertile ground amongst this country's quality sporting media. ( Ignore the odd red top hack who makes his living from being thrown some transfer tittle tattle from SEM.)

Nobody could suggest that it is upsetting the players.

It’ s something a little different from sack the manager and would possibly provoke massive debate about the presence of these leeches in our game. I think it could become really big and put pressure on Venkys.

We’ve got protests against Kean and the Venkys, but I believe the most productive now would be;

SPIV OUT!

I think you'll find that there will be few protests during any match if the Rovers are winning. Fans want to see their team win and demonstrations, or certainly the most effective ones, come about when the team is struggling to get results. I've yet to see fans do anything other than back the team when they believe they are giving one hundred percent in terms of effort and playing well. However, when the performance on the pitch is poor, the reaction of the fans is understandable. Fans voiced their opinions in large numbers at Wigan not because of any organised protest but because we were playing poorly and looked likely to lose to a very poor side. Events on the pitch will always dictate the attitude of the majority of fans to protests.

At last, somebody who sees sence. That is how it should be. But to protest, just for the sake of it, is plain wrong.

At last, somebody who sees sence. That is how it should be. But to protest, just for the sake of it, is plain wrong.

Excellent.

I've been waiting a while for you Pafell to inform everyone how it should be.

I've noticed quite a few comments from you on a variety of topics for how you consider suggested protest actions are not the way forward, yet very little constructive advice.

So there we have it do we? When a game is lost, that is when and how us supporters should voice our objections in order to signify protest?

I think theres a target thats getting off lightly....

...SPIV OUT!

Exactly. In one.

We don't even have a proper manager or anyone at Ewood who knows what's going on, a Chairman, a Chief Exec. Nothing. Venkys haven't a clue. None of them. They even admitted as much when they bought the club. So with that in mind how can they possibly make any decisions - from Pune?!? Well, they don't do they?

There's a guy above all this who remains quiet, he's hardly ever mentioned. This is the guy running the club, IMO of course.

Kean flys to Pune to see the Venkys - I wonder who else is there for those meetings?

Guardian Dec 2010

WIKI - Man City

"Anderson advised Shinawatra on the takeover, introducing him to Keith Harris (whose firm, Seymour Pierce, handled the deal) and recommending as manager Sven-Göran Eriksson, before his influence waned as the new owners balked at such payments and other figures notable Kia Joorabchian and Pini Zahavi became involved"

Excellent.

I've been waiting a while for you Pafell to inform everyone how it should be.

I've noticed quite a few comments from you on a variety of topics for how you consider suggested protest actions are not the way forward, yet very little constructive advice.

So there we have it do we? When a game is lost, that is when and how us supporters should voice our objections in order to signify protest?

I think you should search again. I agreed with the march, scarves, T-shirt - to some degree. Though yellow clashes with away kit, t-shirts in winter, made scarves a better idea.

I have also suggested the protest needs the towns support. For reasons already given.

I have objected to protests at the time the team is winning.

I agree with you Parson that the fans will protest loudly when the performances and commitment of the team are poor. It has always been the case especially at Ewoood and more recently as you say at Wigan.

However i have to disagree with you on this point. The recent fly past at the Chelsea game came at a time in the match when the Rovers were playing quite well and the crowd were responding in a positive way.It was planned and organised in such a way as to divert attention from the action and cause maximum distraction for the players. What they must have thought I can only speculate. There were many fans around me in the Riverside who were very uncomfortable with that protest as it was foisted on us by a minority of supporters.

Burnley fans must have been been in raptures watching that as at a stroke it ruined the famous "staying down 4 ever" stunt. Rovers doing that to themselves! Genius!

I am now reading through the latest raft of ideas to convince the owners to sack the manager or is it to persuade the Venkys to quit? Protest groups with a double agenda rarely succeed.

We are now being warned of another stunt at the Swansea game. Some of us have neither asked for or wanted it. I only hope it doesnt result in injury, illegal activity or trespass onto the pitch.

As for me I will continue to support the team but reserve the right to protest through letter, phone- ins or shouting.

I think you should search again. I agreed with the march, scarves, T-shirt - to some degree. Though yellow clashes with away kit, t-shirts in winter, made scarves a better idea.

I have also suggested the protest needs the towns support. For reasons already given.

I have objected to protests at the time the team is winning.

and I think Parson has told you repeatedly, the fans don't protest on the rare occassions when the team is winning.

They'll protest when they see fit, as they already have done. If the protests are vociferous enough during the games, then I believe Kean's job will become untenable. We aren't there yet, but if we keep losing we soon will be.

Stop telling everyone when they can't protest, it's pointless.

and I think Parson has told you repeatedly, the fans don't protest on the rare occassions when the team is winning.

They'll protest when they see fit, as they already have done. If the protests are vociferous enough during the games, then I believe Kean's job will become untenable. We aren't there yet, but if we keep losing we soon will be.

Stop telling everyone when they can't protest, it's pointless.

He's a Glen wannabe :lol:

Archived