BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Firstly - "There are two possibilities for why Kean has not been removed"...... No, there is a third. The Raos are incapable of understanding how the club has got to where it is now, and how to turn things around.

I won't engage in this pointless argument because I know for a fact that they are well-aware of the situation and deeply concerned. In my opinion, their attempts to rectify the situation and the few actions they have made to rectify have been wrong and insufficient, but to suggest they are "incapable of understanding" is quite simply a fallacy.

Secondly - "The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable"...... well take a look at the fixtures until the end of the season and explain to me how many points we still need, and how we are going to go from a team who has shown relegation form for the last 12 months, into a team that can hit European qualification form in the next 6 months.

The games in the short-term are winnable, there are still over 20 games to be played in the season, there's not much else to debate.

Thirdly - "Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form".....No it isn't good enough and no club can keep anywhere near the first choice eleven fit for a full season.

Our best 11 is at least better than the best 11 of 3 other clubs in the league, and therefore, good enough to avoid relegation.

As for the protesters, well they don't kick the ball around. Only the players can get us out of this - and they'll have to do that inspite of Kean, rather than because of him.

Agreed. But I don't see the point of continuing with the protests when they won't do anything at this point and they have already done enough as far as raising awareness is concerned. In some cases, such as Glen's, the time and effort wasted could go towards his family, which is far more important than "getting Kean out", in my opinion.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our best 11 is at least better than the best 11 of 3 other clubs in the league, and therefore, good enough to avoid relegation.

Really well the table never lies and we're in the bottom three and falling behind. I think this is one of the weakest Rovers teams I've ever seen in this league, regardless of what happens to Billy big Gob we'll need serious player investment to get out of this mess.

Really well the table never lies and we're in the bottom three and falling behind. I think this is one of the weakest Rovers teams I've ever seen in this league, regardless of what happens to Billy big Gob we'll need serious player investment to get out of this mess.

I'm not sure. Remember the team Hughes inherited?

It was very weak.

Miker, I understand you live on the other side of the world and have never seen a football match in this country. Well, I'm afraid your post is totally unrealistic from someone who has as much understanding of how professional football works as Venky's.

I won't engage in this pointless argument because I know for a fact that they are well-aware of the situation and deeply concerned. In my opinion, their attempts to rectify the situation and the few actions they have made to rectify have been wrong and insufficient, but to suggest they are "incapable of understanding" is quite simply a fallacy.

[/b]

If they are aware and still give Kean a revised contract, then without question they are very stupid people, please tell me what actions they have taken to rectify the situation, for the life in me I cant see one, they are without question the very worst thing that has ever happened to BRFC and there have been some bad times!

I don't think Miker is wrong to suggest the situation might be salvageable. It would be just no less salvageable were a proper football manager to be appointed and a very good chance that it would be more salvageable were that to happen. Thus, a completely logical decision to do so now when he's won 6 games out of 33 having been backed appropriately in the Summer.

Equally, there is no point continuing protesting in a vein that is ineffective. This is no slight of the efforts of the protesters or their right to do so, I joined in when the opportunity arose but the owners have responded to the current protests by ratifying the blokes "contract" rather than tearing it up as we so desire.

Thus, switching the focus to them rather than Kean makes sense. Kean has copped most of the flack so far but there hasn't yet been a home game opportunity for the fans to demonstrate what they think of a) the decision to "revise" his contract and B) not to use their "get out of jail" for free card and sell up.

If there's enough strength of feeling to make those feeling clear *at Venky's* then we should do so.

What I think is fair to say is that a dwindling protest is completely counter-productive and as many opportunities for nay-sayers to say "it's effecting the team" should be removed as possible. I would therefore, hope that protests are organised with that in mind. I'm not completely convinced that a walkout in the middle of a winnable home game meets both of those goals. Yellow t-shirts and or scarves and the handouts on the other hand are good plans.

but to suggest they are "incapable of understanding" is quite simply a fallacy.

The full quote was they are "incapable of understanding how the club has got to where it is now".

The club has got to where it is now because they appointed a clueless turd as manager. They have just given said clueless turd an improved contract.

How can you so confidently state it's a fallacy with those facts in mind?

The protests will not have any effect anymore.

There are two possibilities for why Kean has not been removed:

a.) There is no one of an acceptable level to replace him, and given the players are still very much playing him, replacing him with someone of similar ability would just be a useless exercise from a strictly business point of view.

b.) As I have mentioned on here before, their riding out their decision to make an assistant manager change rather than a manager change and have set new performance targets that they are tracking from that point onwards. I would predict that in that case, Kean is dangerously close to failing to meet those targets and failure to win at Stoke will be the breaking point.

It could be a mixture of both.

We are in a really bad and dangerous position, but all is not lost just yet. Our first 2 home losses against Wolves and Everton have proven costly because our other results, while not great, would have been acceptable if we had won those 2 games. The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable and everyone involved with the club needs to be pulling in a positive direction and not creating any more distractions from the main issue, which is the need for results.

Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form (especially Hoilett and Samba) because if we can do that for the next few games then we will get out of the relegation zone, I have no doubts about that. After that, it will be over to Venky's to show they mean business and bring in reinforcements to ensure squad depth, which is an absolutely massive problem at the moment.

Trouble is Kean and I suspect you also don't what our best 11 is, I don't for sure.

The full quote was they are "incapable of understanding how the club has got to where it is now".

The club has got to where it is now because they appointed a clueless turd as manager. They have just given said clueless turd an improved contract.

How can you so confidently state it's a fallacy with those facts in mind?

Thank you LeChuck.

I think if they did understand how the club has got to the point it's now at, they would know what's needed to get us back there.

The games in the short-term are winnable, there are still over 20 games to be played in the season, there's not much else to debate.

Agreed. But I don't see the point of continuing with the protests when they won't do anything at this point and they have already done enough as far as raising awareness is concerned. In some cases, such as Glen's, the time and effort wasted could go towards his family, which is far more important than "getting Kean out", in my opinion.

Strong sun and fosters don't mix with you I see. Stick to the shandy or drink pop!

Disagree with Miker in that Rovers just dont have a best playing eleven, far from it.

Olsson isnt a left back neither is Givet so who is ? We dont have one so thats ten men Rovers are playing with!

Lowe isnt right back and it seems Salgados legs have finally gone so who is the right back? Dont think we have one now thats nine men!

Central midfielder weve only one in my eyes (N'Zonzi) when we need two. The others that are available or stand ins arent premiership calibre central midfielders though MGP is doing as good a job as we could possibly ask of him . So thats eight men!

Do we have a right winger ? Have my doubts.

Its not looking good.

Without wanting to go over old ground, a large banner at the Swansea game with:

'JEROME ANDERSON COULDN'T PICK HIS NOSE' - SIR ALEX

would,

1. Get more media attention than another 100 KEAN OUT banners.

2. Identify the real reason why Kean is still in a job.

3. No one could spin it as being against, or affecting the team.

4. Maybe even reach the Raos and start the process of lifting the scales from their eyes. Eventually they will see how much they have been used.

('You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson, he couldn’t pick his nose. It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves’ Alex Ferguson 17th December 2010)

not sure if this has been posted yet

Protests

[/quote

I read that myself and was going to post it. It's a good bit of coverage for the protests. I still think that it needs to be made clear to media and in turn for them to report, why the protests are going ahead;

Steve Kean was given a job that was too big for him because of who is agent was - the same person / company that was advising the owners. He has taken a team that was sitting comfortably in middle table to verge of relegation last season, only to be saved on the very last day. He has the team sitting second bottom in the league this season, with only one win. He has won six games out of 33 league games. He has just been given a pay rise, despite his pathetic record. The owners don't know what they are doing. The heart and sole has been ripped out of the club. The people who made Rovers the successfully run club that it was (John Williams, Tom Finn etc) have now left because of what was going on. They haven't been replaced. The owners have been to three games(?) and left at half time at one of them. They have lied about the amount of investment that they were going to put into the club. They have openly and shamelessly disrespected and discarded the legitimate worries, concerns and problems that the fans have with how the club is being run.

Would any other fans at any other club just sit back and do nothing if this was happening at their club? I get the impression that people think we are over reacting to what is going on. People have said that they feel sorry for Steve Kean!

The BBC article mentions a letter that was written to Venky's. Is there anywhere that this can be seen?

not sure if this has been posted yet

Protests

I read that myself and was going to post it. It's a good bit of coverage for the protests. I still think that it needs to be made clear to media and in turn for them to report, why the protests are going ahead;

Steve Kean was given a job that was too big for him because of who is agent was - the same person / company that was advising the owners. He has taken a team that was sitting comfortably in middle table to verge of relegation last season, only to be saved on the very last day. He has the team sitting second bottom in the league this season, with only one win. He has won six games out of 33 league games. He has just been given a pay rise, despite his pathetic record. The owners don't know what they are doing. The heart and sole has been ripped out of the club. The people who made Rovers the successfully run club that it was (John Williams, Tom Finn etc) have now left because of what was going on. They haven't been replaced. The owners have been to three games(?) and left at half time at one of them. They have lied about the amount of investment that they were going to put into the club. They have openly and shamelessly disrespected and discarded the legitimate worries, concerns and problems that the fans have with how the club is being run.

Would any other fans at any other club just sit back and do nothing if this was happening at their club? I get the impression that people think we are over reacting to what is going on. People have said that they feel sorry for Steve Kean!

The BBC article mentions a letter that was written to Venky's. Is there anywhere that this can be seen?

I think the letter was the LET one by Andy Cryer. This was published in the paper.

I'm not sure that it is the same one mate. The BBC quotes from the letter:

"The path that has been taken during your 12-month tenure has affected fans and their families in ways that you probably will not be able to imagine.

"We fear the fans' patience and enthusiasm for their club is at a breaking point.

"All we ask is that you take great care and consideration in your future decisions and maintain Blackburn Rovers' long history of honour and tradition."

I don't think that's the one that appears in the LET.

The protests will not have any effect anymore.

There are two possibilities for why Kean has not been removed:

a.) There is no one of an acceptable level to replace him, and given the players are still very much playing him, replacing him with someone of similar ability would just be a useless exercise from a strictly business point of view.

b.) As I have mentioned on here before, their riding out their decision to make an assistant manager change rather than a manager change and have set new performance targets that they are tracking from that point onwards. I would predict that in that case, Kean is dangerously close to failing to meet those targets and failure to win at Stoke will be the breaking point.

It could be a mixture of both.

We are in a really bad and dangerous position, but all is not lost just yet. Our first 2 home losses against Wolves and Everton have proven costly because our other results, while not great, would have been acceptable if we had won those 2 games. The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable and everyone involved with the club needs to be pulling in a positive direction and not creating any more distractions from the main issue, which is the need for results.

Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form (especially Hoilett and Samba) because if we can do that for the next few games then we will get out of the relegation zone, I have no doubts about that. After that, it will be over to Venky's to show they mean business and bring in reinforcements to ensure squad depth, which is an absolutely massive problem at the moment.

Our points total IS good enough, even under Kean. The key has been keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form (especially Hoilett and Samba).

Dead right Miker. :wacko:

• Backroom

I'm tempted not to even bother going, there's no enjoyment in it at present. The atmosphere with fans turning on other fans (for not protesting or for protesting either way) for simply daring to have a differing opinion is shocking. Just look at this forum at the minute, someone dares to have an opnion that doesn't conform to one of the currrent hiveminds and they are swarmed (see what I did there?)

I think I'd be best just spending the day at home with my son.

The passionate anger is now in serious danger of boiling over.

If Kean is still Manager next weekend, the home support will be down to about 14,000 and likely to be in inflammable mood. The club's bungling of its relations with fans who have bravely tried to organise some of the chaotic anger could well rebound on them in the Swansea game.

Archived