BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

As for me I will continue to support the team but reserve the right to protest through letter, phone- ins or shouting.

Scanning that Tony I read that last word as 'shooting'! Shocked me a little as it really went against the grain of the rest of the post! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just look at how many of the most "peaceful" protests have been infiltrated by extremists, it would be dangerous to be as flippant as you obviously are about this sort of thing. Easy to brush it aside with a don't be ridiculous attitude. These things do happen.

Who would be the first to kick up a stink if EwoodDawn got injured?

Dogooder alert!

Voted down with teh following comments:

Mrs Desai has shown a distinct lack of leadership ability since becoming Chair Person of Blackburn Rovers FC under the Venkys London banner.

What was once seen as a flagship business within the football industry, with many others striving to be as well run and viewed, has now turned in to the worst run Football clubs in the Premier League and probably beyond.

The lack of leadership is highlighted by the attitude towards the customers of Blackburn Rovers FC, the loyal fan base, which have been ignored and quite frankly treated with absolute disdain by Mrs Desai and her brothers.

Brilliant!

I've voted her down from three different computers today.

She's now at 1014 up, 1248 down, which is quite a swing in just a few hours!

http://connect.in.com/anuradha-desai/profile-1881865.html

Loving the "Throw tomatoes at" function at that site, btw. Several tomatoes were thrown this fine eve.

Edit:

Firefox users can download a plugin which enables the browser to autovote Desai down ad infinitum.

Plugin can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imacros-for-firefox/

Follow steps 1-5 here: http://www.deathsoft.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15808

and I think Parson has told you repeatedly, the fans don't protest on the rare occassions when the team is winning.

They'll protest when they see fit, as they already have done. If the protests are vociferous enough during the games, then I believe Kean's job will become untenable. We aren't there yet, but if we keep losing we soon will be.

Stop telling everyone when they can't protest, it's pointless.

I think you need to read. I am in agreement with Parson. My issue is with Glen - who has been organising these protest - telling people fans should protest even if winning. To be honest I do not believe fans will protest on the occasion the team is winning - we'll probable be all stunned into silence when that happens.

Strange how it is ok for those who protest to tell others when and how to protest, but the others are not permitted.

Trouble will flare up at Ewood Park, if folk protest when the team is winning. That is worth preventing. Glen should not be encouraging people to do so.

I think the players are smart enough to realise the protests are aimed at everyone but them. We have got to get rid of the buffoon that is Kean and if calling for his name when we are 1-0 up is what it takes then so be it.

http://www.in.com/news/current-affairs/fullstory-lavasa-case-all-15-accused-directed-to-appear-in-pune-court-on-jan-30-21423019-in-1.html

"In the order, all accused — including non-executive directors Ms Anuradha Desai, Mr Aniruddha Deshpande, Mr Gautam Thapar and Mr Vithal Maniyar — have been directed to appear in the Pune Court on January 30 and obtain bail. If they do not, they could be jailed, a legal expert who did not wish to be named said. The police will start serving summons to the accused over the next two months."

Hope her bail is at £200m.

http://www.in.com/news/current-affairs/fullstory-lavasa-case-all-15-accused-directed-to-appear-in-pune-court-on-jan-30-21423019-in-1.html

"In the order, all accused — including non-executive directors Ms Anuradha Desai, Mr Aniruddha Deshpande, Mr Gautam Thapar and Mr Vithal Maniyar — have been directed to appear in the Pune Court on January 30 and obtain bail. If they do not, they could be jailed, a legal expert who did not wish to be named said. The police will start serving summons to the accused over the next two months."

Hope her bail is at £200m.

Well I never - does this now affect her fit and proper owner test with the prem. Only an allegation, but, is this the reason they are doing what they are doing to the club.

Well I never - does this now affect her fit and proper owner test with the prem. Only an allegation, but, is this the reason they are doing what they are doing to the club.

Don't know if you can retroactively decide that she's not fit and proper - surely that is an assessment that is made only before acquiring a club? I pray and hope that I'm wrong, and that a sale can be forced through (if there are any potential buyers left out there, mind).

Does this news deserve its own thread?

They have to appoint a chairmen(or the like) that should be based in or close to brfc, he should have complete control of the day to day running of the club and only need to consult the owners over transfer & salary budgets, OR just sell up to somebody that is actually interested in running a football club(not just the glamorous bits).

Burn the witch :lol:

I think it is related to some town they want to build on a hill top. Happy to destroy Blackburn Rovers and the town, as long as they build their illegal town 'on a hill far away' in pune.

Don't know if you can retroactively decide that she's not fit and proper - surely that is an assessment that is made only before acquiring a club? I pray and hope that I'm wrong, and that a sale can be forced through (if there are any potential buyers left out there, mind).

Does this news deserve its own thread?

What about man city - was the previous owner advised to sell.

Of course not. A construction project that her company owns 12% of is accused of commiting an environmental offence.

What they are doing to rovers is nothing, literally. It seems obvious to me that she in particular was sold the idea of a self funding brand vehicle that would run itself.

Yes venky's made the initial balls-ups that prevent the club from running itself now, but it is their inaction now that things are tough that is killing us. Looks more like disinterest than anything machiavellian to me.

I agree with you Parson that the fans will protest loudly when the performances and commitment of the team are poor. It has always been the case especially at Ewoood and more recently as you say at Wigan.

However i have to disagree with you on this point. The recent fly past at the Chelsea game came at a time in the match when the Rovers were playing quite well and the crowd were responding in a positive way.It was planned and organised in such a way as to divert attention from the action and cause maximum distraction for the players. What they must have thought I can only speculate. There were many fans around me in the Riverside who were very uncomfortable with that protest as it was foisted on us by a minority of supporters.

Burnley fans must have been been in raptures watching that as at a stroke it ruined the famous "staying down 4 ever" stunt. Rovers doing that to themselves! Genius!

I am now reading through the latest raft of ideas to convince the owners to sack the manager or is it to persuade the Venkys to quit? Protest groups with a double agenda rarely succeed.

We are now being warned of another stunt at the Swansea game. Some of us have neither asked for or wanted it. I only hope it doesnt result in injury, illegal activity or trespass onto the pitch.

As for me I will continue to support the team but reserve the right to protest through letter, phone- ins or shouting.

Sit on your hands while the club dies. You deserve Kean and the Venkys.

Does this news deserve its own thread? POSSIBLE IMO

You are probable right. Because was there not an issue a few years back about venkys and cruelty to animals - that didn't stop venkys buying club.

• Moderation Lead

I think you need to read. I am in agreement with Parson. My issue is with Glen - who has been organising these protest - telling people fans should protest even if winning. To be honest I do not believe fans will protest on the occasion the team is winning - we'll probable be all stunned into silence when that happens.

Strange how it is ok for those who protest to tell others when and how to protest, but the others are not permitted.

Trouble will flare up at Ewood Park, if folk protest when the team is winning. That is worth preventing. Glen should not be encouraging people to do so.

What he said.

Does this news deserve its own thread? POSSIBLE IMO

You are probable right. Because was there not an issue a few years back about venkys and cruelty to animals - that didn't stop venkys buying club. Even though the club were told about it.

This is the Premier League's fit and proper person test:

DISQUALIFYING EVENTS:

A person shall be disqualified from acting as a director and no club shall be permitted to have any person acting as a director of that club if:

• Either directly or indirectly he is involved in or has any power to determine or influence the management or administration of another club or Football League club

• Either directly or indirectly he holds or acquires any Significant Interest in a club while he either directly or indirectly holds any interest in any class of shares of another club

•He becomes prohibited by law from being a director

• He is convicted on indictment of an offence set out in the Appendix 12 Schedule of Offences or he is convicted of a like offence by a competent court having jurisdiction outside England and Wales

• He makes an Individual Voluntary Arrangement or becomes the subject of an Interim Bankruptcy Restriction Order, a Bankruptcy Restriction Order or a Bankruptcy Order

• He is a director of a club which, while he has been a director of it, has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency

• He has been a director of two or more clubs or clubs each of which, while he has been a director of them, has suffered an Event of Insolvency.

I agree with you Parson that the fans will protest loudly when the performances and commitment of the team are poor. It has always been the case especially at Ewoood and more recently as you say at Wigan.

However i have to disagree with you on this point. The recent fly past at the Chelsea game came at a time in the match when the Rovers were playing quite well and the crowd were responding in a positive way.It was planned and organised in such a way as to divert attention from the action and cause maximum distraction for the players. What they must have thought I can only speculate. There were many fans around me in the Riverside who were very uncomfortable with that protest as it was foisted on us by a minority of supporters.

Burnley fans must have been been in raptures watching that as at a stroke it ruined the famous "staying down 4 ever" stunt. Rovers doing that to themselves! Genius!

I am now reading through the latest raft of ideas to convince the owners to sack the manager or is it to persuade the Venkys to quit? Protest groups with a double agenda rarely succeed.

We are now being warned of another stunt at the Swansea game. Some of us have neither asked for or wanted it. I only hope it doesnt result in injury, illegal activity or trespass onto the pitch.

Wake up !!! There might not be a next season ...

i thought that people had already come to blows

Yes they have.

If I don't want to protest I won't, simple as that. I won't listen to dome clown tell me I don't care about the club if I opt out though. If I think something is going to be beneficial to the cause I will do it, I didn't have any interest in the floral protest, nor will I wear a ridiculous yellow t-shirt as I don't see what either would/will achieve. For the record I did take part in 2 sit-ins, but would also deem them pointless now too. I despise Kean and Venkys but will only vent my anger in ways I see fit.

on the protests, i have been to every one so far and i plan to go to them as long as they are taking place, the fact the people say 'what if we are winning' etc, we havent won or been winning a home game for a while so thats a moot point, the players know who we are against, they are not stupid, if we dont protest then its almost as if kean and venkys would be thinking that everything is well again. We dont have any other avenue to vent our anger and frustration, they dont talk to us, they dont tell the truth so this is our only chance of making them sit up and take notice, lets be honest it looks like we are goin down anyway so lets go down with a fight and not a wimper. We have to do what is necessary, let some fans wear their blinkers and bury their heads in the sand but for the ones who think this great club is still worth fighting for lets give em hell!!!

Scanning that Tony I read that last word as 'shooting'! Shocked me a little as it really went against the grain of the rest of the post! :D

Now that made me laugh! :lol:

Sit on your hands while the club dies. You deserve Kean and the Venkys.

Now that made me angry! :wub:

Read my last paragraph.

I dont understand your reply!

Archived