BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not enough fans prepared to get off their arses and join the protest....nobody taking a blind bit of notice at the club.

A sad state of affairs.

Told today that the players on the whole really do like Kean. Point being that no top manager is 'liked' they are respected by the players and that is a wholly different thing.

Told today that the players on the whole really do like Kean. Point being that no top manager is 'liked' they are respected by the players and that is a wholly different thing.

not surprising. they obviously dont do anything in training. id love my boss if he just let me chill out all day.

Oh I hate that man, he is such a toady.

In my experience the most liked officers are either the best or the absolute worst, Kean is certainly the later.

Hmmm Raos did that at wigan and got rightly criticized for it. They walked out at ht. Your choice though.

Really? Do you not see any difference at all?

PROTEST ALL YOU WANT SO BE IT AND MORE THAN UNDERSTANDABLE. REASONS I AGREE WITH. IF YOU PROTEST WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING THE MATCH, YOU ARE NOT RESPECTING THOSE WHO ARE ANTI-PROTEST.

MY ISSUE IS, IF THE TEAM IS WINNING, YOU DO NOT START PROTESTING. VICTORIES ARE GOING TO BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, THAT IS OBVIOUS. BUT WE NEED EACH AND EVERYONE WE CAN GET TO KEEP THIS CLUB IN THE PREM. IF SUPPORTERS START PROTESTING WHILST THE TEAM IS WINNING. THE PLAYERS COULD SAY, WHATS THE POINT, THEY DON'T CARE, WHY SHOULD WE.

Totally agree, the timing of a protest is all important. Just hope the younger fans understand this. :rover:

I'm not sure planned protests are the best way forward.

To be effective , a protest has to be spontaneous, it has to come from the heart, out of anger and frustration - all of which most supporters are feeling at present - and probably at the next home draw or defeat.

Having said that, Rovers will now go on a five-match winning run................

The silent protest seems the best option.

Let's be honest the people who still support this Stalin type regime never sing.

So silence even if we score, plus banners will get noticed.

Frankly, that won't work. I've been at Ewood many a time when the entire ground is as quiet as a library.

One thought is to have a group of volunteers handing out Kean Out cards, A4 size, at every entrance to the ground. You get the majority of the crowd holding them up and it has a massive impact.

I think to take the protest movement to the next level it's only right that there's an official Venky's Out website. Just to make it that bit more professional. Where fans of all clubs could be drawn, where the dirt on Venky's and Kean's systematic failures, lies and such can be broadcast in the public domain. Also, it's an easy source for the press to refer to for the latest direct action organisations and the move in general would most likely get abit of attention.

If we highlight our plight, we will get more support from everyone in the football world.

I don't know how much it would cost for say... www.venkysout.co.uk and hosting and such, but with afew donations to get the ball rolling it can't be that much.

When is the best time?

Definitely not when the team is winning.

Whats a protest going to achieve when the owners arent there, and not listening. We might as well all go and bang our heads against an Ewood Park wall for what its worth.

Venkys/Kean/SEM have us by the goolies good and proper.

Frankly, that won't work. I've been at Ewood many a time when the entire ground is as quiet as a library.

One thought is to have a group of volunteers handing out Kean Out cards, A4 size, at every entrance to the ground. You get the majority of the crowd holding them up and it has a massive impact.

As simple as that sounds I feel its a perfect idea. Would be alot cheaper than a plane and gives the people who don't like breaking routine/ can't be arsed with protest marches the chance to show voice. I'm sure if the 'kean out' cards were free to just grab on the way into the ground, the numpty would quickly realise its not the 'minority' that want rid.

Yes to this idea. Think plenty would take one with feelings running so high.

Yes they wore the scarves and yes they chanted - hasn't done them any good either. The big difference between man u and Rovers is that man u had and have the manager and the players to keep them up and successful on the pitch. Rovers do not.

Yes wear scarves and T-shirts in protest, fully in agreement. Have marches as well, before or after the match. But whilst the match is on and rovers are winning, we need to do all we can to help them keep hold of the result.

Firstly, Pafell, how often are we in a winning position and maintain that position? Against Wolves, on the opening day, we took the lead, no protests and we lost. At Fulham, there were no protests, we took the lead and ended up hanging on for a draw. Against Arsenal we took the lead, the fans were right behind the team and we then conceded two goals. Fortunately Arsenal took pity on us and scored a couple of own goals to give us our only win. We were winning at Norwich, there were no protests and we conceded two late goals.

From what I've seen so far having no protests during a game doesn't seem to have any affect on the players at all. They are fully capable of screwing things up on their own.

The most effective protests in the past - against Jim Iley and Bob Saxton - were spontaneous and happened during the game, just like Saturday at Wigan and against City at Ewood earlier in the season. People pay their money, go to games and react to what they see in whatever way THEY see fit. If that means giving stick to the manager, owners and indeed the players, as has happened in the past - remember the cries of "You're not fit to wear the shirt" when we went down under Kidd - then that is what happens. Ultimately, it is individual supporters who decide when and how to protest and it is the spontaneous protests which are always the most effective because of their unpredictability.

Bob Fleming:

PETA? Headbangers of the highest order. Surprised they've not had anything to say to be honest. Having said that this isn't their fight. But if people want the protests turning up then these are the boys, oh and the BWAB, Mrs F tells me (never heard of em myself). Not a route we should go down though I don't believe.

Actually it's BUAV and yes, they can be v. extreme - I joined but left them at uni many years ago due to their extremist tactics. They aren't the worst, though...

Archived