BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

protest update , the thought of relegation is not an option ,after all the unrest with our own fans at wigan i think we all need to unite and get behind the team and the manager we are all hurting at the moment being a rovers fans take aside all the ill feelings and give kean and the team are support cause THEY NEED IT that whould give some togetherness before and after the game ,the rovers fans forum on radio lancs on tuesday was first class venkeys have a lot to answer for ,the protests need to stop now and as supporters we need to be positive for the right reasons ,then at least the fans wont be blamed if we go down , 1 true love brfc

protest update , the thought of relegation is not an option ,after all the unrest with our own fans at wigan i think we all need to unite and get behind the team and the manager we are all hurting at the moment being a rovers fans take aside all the ill feelings and give kean and the team are support cause THEY NEED IT that whould give some togetherness before and after the game ,the rovers fans forum on radio lancs on tuesday was first class venkeys have a lot to answer for ,the protests need to stop now and as supporters we need to be positive for the right reasons ,then at least the fans wont be blamed if we go down , 1 true love brfc

You can scream support for the team like a girl til your balls drop off but it won't make Kean a good manager and it won't make Roberts score a goal.

Come January you will see what your heroes really feel when they all desparately try to get out of the club.

I posted this on another thread earlier.

The impact of anything fans may do on the team has become irrelevant. Results have become irrelevant.

Who Kean picks in the team, who we sign or sell, whether the academy produces players, tactics, substitutions, whether we win, draw or lose is all irrelevant now.

What is at stake is the existance of Blackburn Rovers, make no mistake.

Our only future is without Venkys and of course Kean, as they are two cheeks of the same ass.

Surely no-one still believes Kean can "turn it around".

Surely no-one still thinks Venkys are going to invest in the club, or that it will ever be run properly, or that they listen to anyone with the club at heart not their own wallet.

No need for organised protests anymore, we'll just get on with it, those who still have the heart to go that is.

Perhaps things will only happen when games start to be delayed or abandoned, not the I suggest that of course.

Right now Administration would be a godsend. Happy days

Yep--cheer them into the Championship. Sick of saying that fans are behind the team 100%-------just hate Venkys and Kean (same poison).

Frightened of fans being blamed if we go down! What a joke.

I think we will go down anyway whatever we do, and the reasons are not to be found at the fan's door. Wake up! Its more about survival of the club now rather than our Premiership survival, which I've virtually given up on. Some fans can't see farther than the next game.

Don't you realise that the major action now isn't on the field? Lost for words.

Posted this in the wrong thread really? What about the last bit???

It's a shame the Sports Personality of 2011 shortlist is now just picked by the BBC rather that voters or we could all vote Kean. Wouldn't it be great if he won.....:-)

Is there no other end of year awards we can all vote Kean to win?

Too late for the x-factor.

Maybe he can enter Britain's got no talent?

Is it too late to record a Kean out single and get it to number 1 at christmas?

We could have course start a petition asking for Venkys to be banned from the UK and get it debated in parliament. What do you think?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/ We only need 100,000

I know people have a right to their opinion, but come on....

Kean has proven over the last 30 odd games that the job is totally beyond him. Venky's obviously have no idea either (and that's putting it politely)

I think people need to wake up and realise that we are in BIG trouble.

Dingle alert!

• Backroom

The players we have are not good enough to stay in this league without a proper manager at the helm, this much is obvious. It doesn't matter how long or how hard you 'cheer on the team', as long as baldo is manager we are going down and, to be blunt, no amount of support will change that.

The administrators have locked this post from it's own thread and recommended that it should be in here, here it is then.....

Oh dear, this is going to be controversial. I certainly don't have the answer to our current situation but I wonder if the current organiser does as well. Yes Glen has become our media man but has anything been achieved?

I don't have access to all the information that he has but so what, are we any nearer an outcome?

I saw Rovers destroy Plymouth on my first trip to Ewood a long time ago and I've been there ever since before posters start smelling rats and accusing me of being something I'm not!

IMO we need a change of organiser, someone with more clout (sorry Glen I heard you got one on Saturday) It's all getting repetitive, nothing actually changing anything.

One guy who has a friendly go at the Rao brothers in a corridor at Wigan had more of an impact than your marches, sit ins, banners and planes. Does that make you think?

Like I said, this will be met with outrage from some but has Glen has said frequently, if anyone has better ideas, LETS HEAR THEM!

OVER TO THE FLOOR IT IS THEN

Cheerio for now

The administrators have locked this post from it's own thread and recommended that it should be in here, here it is then.....

Oh dear, this is going to be controversial. I certainly don't have the answer to our current situation but I wonder if the current organiser does as well. Yes Glen has become our media man but has anything been achieved?

I don't have access to all the information that he has but so what, are we any nearer an outcome?

I saw Rovers destroy Plymouth on my first trip to Ewood a long time ago and I've been there ever since before posters start smelling rats and accusing me of being something I'm not!

IMO we need a change of organiser, someone with more clout (sorry Glen I heard you got one on Saturday) It's all getting repetitive, nothing actually changing anything.

One guy who has a friendly go at the Rao brothers in a corridor at Wigan had more of an impact than your marches, sit ins, banners and planes. Does that make you think?

Like I said, this will be met with outrage from some but has Glen has said frequently, if anyone has better ideas, LETS HEAR THEM!

OVER TO THE FLOOR IT IS THEN

Cheerio for now

Plymouth game? That wouldnt be the one when Dalgliesh was introduced to the supporters for the first time by any chance was it??

You have convinced me, Over to you I will look forward to your plans for the weekend

TIP: Dont feed the Dingle Troll :D

Absolutely wonderful, if it does not totally agree with the concensus diatribe I must be a dingle. That in one post is the reason that people are falling out of love with the protest.

We need to reorganise and put a concerted effort in, as I said, I'm not sure what the way forward is but I thought the combined minds on here may have the correct way forward......not too sure now.

Plymouth game? That wouldnt be the one when Dalgliesh was introduced to the supporters for the first time by any chance was it??

You have convinced me, Over to you I will look forward to your plans for the weekend

Way, way before the Dalgliesh (sic) days, the 70's from memory

I agree with you Parson that the fans will protest loudly when the performances and commitment of the team are poor. It has always been the case especially at Ewoood and more recently as you say at Wigan.

However i have to disagree with you on this point. The recent fly past at the Chelsea game came at a time in the match when the Rovers were playing quite well and the crowd were responding in a positive way.It was planned and organised in such a way as to divert attention from the action and cause maximum distraction for the players. What they must have thought I can only speculate. There were many fans around me in the Riverside who were very uncomfortable with that protest as it was foisted on us by a minority of supporters.

Burnley fans must have been been in raptures watching that as at a stroke it ruined the famous "staying down 4 ever" stunt. Rovers doing that to themselves! Genius!

I am now reading through the latest raft of ideas to convince the owners to sack the manager or is it to persuade the Venkys to quit? Protest groups with a double agenda rarely succeed.

We are now being warned of another stunt at the Swansea game. Some of us have neither asked for or wanted it. I only hope it doesnt result in injury, illegal activity or trespass onto the pitch.

As for me I will continue to support the team but reserve the right to protest through letter, phone- ins or shouting.

Think you will find the plane was booked before the game but had to be delayed due to minutes silence, so do say it was arranged to affect players.

From elsewhere on BRFCS....

Quote Glen.... "I applaud him for going public because I know he did'nt want to take that route and has been in constant contact with me for the last couple of months regarding protest. He feels the problem firmly lies at Venkys door and is not one to be smooth talked with bling, he can also spot a bull ****** from a mile off. This is the perfect job for Wayne and i'm sure if he don't get the desired answers then all hell will break"

Finally someone with a little clout ( sorry Glen again ) but what's with the all "hell will break" bit?

Awaiting your reply

Realist, the owners are taking notice - surely. But they're also receiving some bad advise from the likes of Steve Kean and Kentaro/J. Anderson, they're probably telling them that it's perfectly normal. I don't think the theme necessarily has to change every week, t-shirts be printed etc. but as long as something is happening and supporters are telling the owners that we won't stop then somewhere down the road we will get our club back. National media are also bound to stop picking the wrong side and actually start looking at facts. 6 wins in 33 games, an organised family club turned into a dysfunctional laughing stock, broken promises etc. etc.

From elsewhere on BRFCS....

Quote Glen.... "I applaud him for going public because I know he did'nt want to take that route and has been in constant contact with me for the last couple of months regarding protest. He feels the problem firmly lies at Venkys door and is not one to be smooth talked with bling, he can also spot a bull ****** from a mile off. This is the perfect job for Wayne and i'm sure if he don't get the desired answers then all hell will break"

Finally someone with a little clout ( sorry Glen again ) but what's with the all "hell will break" bit?

Awaiting your reply

Instead of stalking me, and dripping on my every word go and get a life as you seriously bore me,

In answer to the question Wayne is a very straight to the point individual, he won't be fobbed off by empty promises, and will see straight through false promises or shallow words. If he is not happy with the answers, they will be first to know about it, there and then in the room

Also there is no need to pull things off other threads, which are just below this thread to make your point that your a 100% numpty, you do enough of that in your post.

Lets see how this goes again:

Mr Pro Kean and Pro Venkys, suddenly has nothing else to support his pro stance, so he then becomes anti-protest. Many supporters as the days go by get more annoyed with owners and Manager and join in with calling for their heads.

You run out of things to back your argument up, so you attack the Protestors, or more to the point me, Glad I have impacted your life so much, As it means if it effects you then it must be effecting Kean and Venkys, although I did'nt need you to point that out, as I know how much of a problem it has become for them

Absolutely wonderful, if it does not totally agree with the concensus diatribe I must be a dingle. That in one post is the reason that people are falling out of love with the protest.

We need to reorganise and put a concerted effort in, as I said, I'm not sure what the way forward is but I thought the combined minds on here may have the correct way forward......not too sure now.

Way, way before the Dalgliesh (sic) days, the 70's from memory

I think you maybe meaning the 5 2 home win over Plymouth. Needed to win to either go up or finish top of old 3rd div.If my memory serves me right Rovers were either 2 0 or 2 1 down at half time.

The protests will not have any effect anymore.

There are two possibilities for why Kean has not been removed:

a.) There is no one of an acceptable level to replace him, and given the players are still very much playing him, replacing him with someone of similar ability would just be a useless exercise from a strictly business point of view.

b.) As I have mentioned on here before, their riding out their decision to make an assistant manager change rather than a manager change and have set new performance targets that they are tracking from that point onwards. I would predict that in that case, Kean is dangerously close to failing to meet those targets and failure to win at Stoke will be the breaking point.

It could be a mixture of both.

We are in a really bad and dangerous position, but all is not lost just yet. Our first 2 home losses against Wolves and Everton have proven costly because our other results, while not great, would have been acceptable if we had won those 2 games. The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable and everyone involved with the club needs to be pulling in a positive direction and not creating any more distractions from the main issue, which is the need for results.

Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form (especially Hoilett and Samba) because if we can do that for the next few games then we will get out of the relegation zone, I have no doubts about that. After that, it will be over to Venky's to show they mean business and bring in reinforcements to ensure squad depth, which is an absolutely massive problem at the moment.

Can't agree with much of that at all Miker.

Firstly - "There are two possibilities for why Kean has not been removed"...... No, there is a third. The Raos are incapable of understanding how the club has got to where it is now, and how to turn things around.

Secondly - "The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable"...... well take a look at the fixtures until the end of the season and explain to me how many points we still need, and how we are going to go from a team who has shown relegation form for the last 12 months, into a team that can hit European qualification form in the next 6 months.

Thirdly - "Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form".....No it isn't good enough and no club can keep anywhere near the first choice eleven fit for a full season.

As for the protesters, well they don't kick the ball around. Only the players can get us out of this - and they'll have to do that inspite of Kean, rather than because of him.

We are in a really bad and dangerous position, but all is not lost just yet. Our first 2 home losses against Wolves and Everton have proven costly because our other results, while not great, would have been acceptable if we had won those 2 games. The situation at the moment is entirely salvageable and everyone involved with the club needs to be pulling in a positive direction and not creating any more distractions from the main issue, which is the need for results.

'Pulling in a positive direction', like we saw last season? When we went from being a mid-table side to being almost relegated on the final day of the season. That 100% backing from the fans sure helped us.

Our team IS good enough, even under Kean. The key is keeping our best 11 injury-free and in-form (especially Hoilett and Samba) because if we can do that for the next few games then we will get out of the relegation zone, I have no doubts about that. After that, it will be over to Venky's to show they mean business and bring in reinforcements to ensure squad depth, which is an absolutely massive problem at the moment.

It really isn't, as usual people tend to vastly overrate the squad. Defensively we aren't that great, in the midfield we are shocking and up front we are barren. We have seen a steady decline in the squad for the last few seasons because of the lack of investment, the fact we have been selling our best players and failing to replace them and we have kept players on who have lost their shine instead of selling.

Good management has been papering over the cracks to a large extent and making do with what we have got, however now that's now gone we are seeing the true Rovers and it's scary. Kean is never going to make it as a manager at this level and we are going to pay the price for it.

Archived