BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

problem is ... that is exactly why we have been selected for this grooming and rape! we need to TELL the traditional generation exactly what is going on. enlighten them and leave them in no doubt about the future.

And I have just told Glen how to do that, my old man and his ilk wont listen to some young upstart going on about Kean and the management problems at Ewood (grumble grumble) but he will if he reads it in the paper of listens to it on the radio.

Sky TV, webcasts and facebook mean bugger all to a lot of fans at Ewood.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post. I can understand protests before and after the match. But.kick.off, during match is madness. The players ARE BEING AFFECTED by the protests. Venkys and Mean are destroying the club. But the protesters are destroying the team.

The protesters played a role in giving 3.points to stoke today.

Balls.

The players and Kean know full well who all the protests are for. And as I've said on more than one occasion tonight there were plenty of songs for the players today, probably even much more than usual, so you can hardly say the fans are not getting behind the players.

And defending like a bunch of idiots on three occasions is what gave Stoke the 3 points today.

Venkys as well as Kean are destroying the club. But protests started from kick off today. This effects the players, team moral etc. You are destroying the team. You are playing a role in the bad results the team are.

You have crossed a line.

Can you tell me how watching it on TV instead of being at the ground helps the team? If you are at the game, you pay your money and then if you want to protest that's entirely up to you. To blame fans for the garbage that Kean is producing is beyond belief. You say fans at the game have crossed a line. You are right - its called a turnstyle, a line you appear reluctant to cross. I'm sorry Parfell, but if I'm prepared to take the time and trouble, not to mention pay the money, to go to games I will feel free to express my opinion when and how I want. I might not agree with all the protests but people have a right to protest as they wish. You are clearly protesting by boycotting matches which is fair enough - that's your choice and I wouldn't dream of criticising you for doing that. Perhaps you might also respect the opinions of those who choose to protest in a different way.

pafell, some of your posts on here are hilarious, you honestly believe that rovers lost today because of the protests? so what contribution did our 'manager' have in rovers demise? the players KNOW who we are aiming these protests at, kean knows too but is using the protests as a stick to beat the fans with, people like you are the ones who enjoy getting a good thrashing from it. If footballers cant play a game of football for ninety minutes because they feel somewhat hurt by whats going on then they shouldnt be in the game, never mind how much they getting paid!!!

Good post. I can understand protests before and after the match. But.kick.off, during match is madness. The players ARE BEING AFFECTED by the protests. Venkys and Mean are destroying the club. But the protesters are destroying the team.

Whatever is addling Kean is spreading.

This is beyond the pale. One person is responsible for today's result, Steve Kean (and through him, Venkys). Stop trying to deflect the blame from the true culprit.

And by way of comparison, the protestors are trying to save the club which is more than I can say about those who remain silent and refuse to act.

Do you believe that we'd have taken three points if everyone was on Kean's side then?

I can understand the people who are now saying that the protests are giving Kean ammunition and if the protests stop, he'll have no excuses, but come on. Saying that fans getting angry in the stands are costing us points is cloud cuckoo land.

Yes I didsee the video. But that support should have been given to them during the match. Not when it was over. Yes there are ample reasons to protest, which I agree with. But the method is wring. Rovers need to win matches, no matter what kean and co do.

Venkys cannot keep the team in the prem neither can Kean. But the players can. They need the fans support whilst the match is on.

I had a friend contact me today, who took his 8 year.old to the match. He told me she was terrified and in tears, because of the aggression around her. I find that totally unacceptable that a child should have to endure such behaviour anywhere, let alone a football match. Something for you to consider. A horrible line was crossed today.

And from this post alone I can tell you were not at the game today and have no idea what was chanted when.

Whats the excuse for the teams performances under Kean before the protests started? Simple question.

For anyone as deluded as Kean.

Whats the excuse for the teams performances under Kean before the protests started? Simple question.

Blaming the fans for Kean's incompetence :lol:

Whatever next...

Keans incompetence.

Ronaldinho not signing.

Beckham not signing.

Almost getting relegated last season.

Keans drink driving charge.

Venkys forgetting to pay the bank so the transfer budget getting cocked up.

Phil Jones leaving.

Not being able to get a shirt sponsor.

Worst start to the league since 1900's.

Key sponsors going public with issues with the way the club is ran.

Being bottom of the league.

There's no other explanation because Kean's a top coach and we're playing good football. It must all be the fans fault, all of it.

Funny how it's never happened before all this yet the club still has the same fans it's always had. But make no mistake, it's still the fans fault.

And we were brilliant before the protests... Weren't we?

:rolleyes:

I bet Kean and his cronies are rubbing their hands with glee having read the last 3-4 pages of this thread. They have and continue to turn fan against fan whilst at the same time running Blackburn Rovers Football Club into the ground.

The situation reached a head during the first half of the Blackpool game last season for me, I could see from my position in the Darwen End, where I stood alone for the 1st half, that the team that was on the field had not been instructed properly in anyway, shape or form. I have and continue to believe from that day that Kean had to go and said to myself that I would do anything within my power to try and aid this.

Over following months I saw performances drop further, although somehow (Jermaine Jones) we scraped together enough to save ourselves by the skin of our teeth - a fact that Kean has been lauding for months on end.

I have in this time developed a deep rooted hatred for a man who I have never meet but swore to myself that if I ever did the urge to beat the tripe out of him may be too strong to resist. There are less than a handful of people in the world i the world I feel this way about and the rest of them have personally done me wrong over a number of months/years, but that's for another day.

As I have already stated I have protested on the few occasions I get to attend games and tried to let the powers that be know my true feelings. However, the heavy handed way in which this club (and its fellow peers) are now treating their own fans has pushed me over the age.

I have supported BRFC since I was a boy, but the team that now plays in the once hallowed ground of Ewood Park, (a place that used to send a shiver down my spine on the rare occasions I got to visit), is as far removed from the team that I grew up supporting through thick and thin of the past 20+ years.

For these reasons and many more I can no longer bring myself to enter the turnstiles of that stadium under the current status quo. I admire Glens drive and passion to attempt to save the team he clearly loves, (a love he shares with the vast vast majority on these boards), and if I any small way can aid his fight I will continue to do so, but I can no longer bring myself to support the present outfit currently masquerading as the famous Blackburn Rovers that the late great Jack Walker helped to rise to glory.

This is the longest protest I can recall against a manager that has not resulted in his sacking.

Kean's record is appalling, and any self respecting human being would have walked by now. He's clearly not going to do this, and Venky's are staggeringly happy with the situation that the club is in.

It's almost beyond belief, but if someone was willingly trying to destroy the club they wouldn't be that far away from where we are now. The protests and the efforts from the fans have been valiant but they haven't worked and clearly are not going to work. We'll only get rid of the manager when it is far too late, and even then Venky's will have no idea what to do next.

Personally, I've been following Rovers for years and bought a season ticket again having moved back up north in the summer. Having been genuinely excited about the season I now feel nothing but apathy and an impending sense of dread and duty when I trudge to Ewood to witness another inept display in front of baying fans. It is not enjoyable, it's definitely not entertainment, it can be upsetting seeing aggression between our own fans, and quite frankly football is generally rapidly falling down my list of priorities. At the moment it's just beneath doing a big shop in Tesco on a busy weekend, and slightly above sticking needles in my eyeballs. It's like being in a messy relationship breakup being played out on the back pages of a grotty newspaper.

On the verge of giving up and doing fun things at the weekend with people I love and those that love me..

yours,

Drunx

And I have just told Glen how to do that, my old man and his ilk wont listen to some young upstart going on about Kean and the management problems at Ewood (grumble grumble) but he will if he reads it in the paper of listens to it on the radio.

Sky TV, webcasts and facebook mean bugger all to a lot of fans at Ewood.

Yes. And when I said we have to TELL people about what is going on, that is exactly what I meant. Speak to people. Explain exactly what is going on. Talk about the £100m mortgage. Talk about agents and their fees. Talk about parachute payments. Talk abouut £23m paid but already £10m profit on transfers. Talk about free advertsing. Talk about no-one in india is intersted in football. Talk about venkys owners in indian court for environmental crimes - in india ffs! That must be some proper pollution, not the uk-type spill. Talk about the silence that is allowing them to buttrape the club. Talk about how angry you are.

I'm not buying this 'chanting against Kean during the game is affecting the players' statement. Why should it?

If we were chanting 'Nzonzi is ######, Nzonzi is ######' or something geniunely negative about the players personally then I could understand, but chanting 'Kean Out' isn't going to make a professional footballer think, hmmm I don't want to try 100% anymore and make them sulk.

No doubt the likes of J-Rob will use it as an excuse in all his media work.

wow, hesfromburn gives me a minus just to be petty, how grown up of you!!!

I wouldnt waste my time on that poster. He followed me around for a few weeks knocking my posts too!

Anyone know if its possible to get a press pass? How hard is it? Because I would love to be able to gain access to ask Kean some hard questions!

Piffle Pafell. You've been all over the place for months. You were one of those urging us to give Kean and Venkys more time, now you want Kean/Venkys out but you don't want anyone to do anything.

Given the situation we are in, deep anger is what you can expect from fans right now. I wouldn't take a small child to a Rovers away game in these circumstances but, don't worry, she'll have the away stand to herself next season.

For the umpteenth time, the players have our support, the owners and manager do not and never will. Just stop posting this cringing crap.

When venkys first took over, it was right to give them time to see what they would do. It wasn't long before most realised they were not up to the task. The appointment of Kean was just plain wrong from the start. I have not been all over the place for months. I have wanted venkys and Kean out for ages. I used to get PM's from some on here telling me to stop going on about wanting Kean out.

I have also never said don't do anything. Why should a parent not be allowed to take a child to a football match. The kids are the clubs future supporters.

Can you tell me how watching it on TV instead of being at the ground helps the team? If you are at the game, you pay your money and then if you want to protest that's entirely up to you. To blame fans for the garbage that Kean is producing is beyond belief. You say fans at the game have crossed a line. You are right - its called a turnstyle, a line you appear reluctant to cross. I'm sorry Parfell, but if I'm prepared to take the time and trouble, not to mention pay the money, to go to games I will feel free to express my opinion when and how I want. I might not agree with all the protests but people have a right to protest as they wish. You are clearly protesting by boycotting matches which is fair enough - that's your choice and I wouldn't dream of criticising you for doing that. Perhaps you might also respect the opinions of those who choose to protest in a different way.

It costs me too much financially to get to more matches -I am not boycotting matches.

I'm sorry Pafell but you will not keep a lid on football fans who have seen their side win a handful of games in a year. This was always going to happen, be it at Blackburn Rovers or anywhere else.

You seem very naive about how football crowds react to events, and as for the child, it's a learning experience for them, just like some of the dicey stiff we witnessed as kids.

And from this post alone I can tell you were not at the game today and have no idea what was chanted when.

For anyone as deluded as Kean.

No I was not at the stoke match. Yes Venkys and Kean are responcible for what is happening at the club - that is plain and simple. People bring up the arsenal match which rovers won. Yes there were protests before and after the match. But during the match fans got behind the team. That is where the difference is. That method is the right approach and is likely to gain more support for the protests. Before the match and afterwards protest as much as possible. But when the match starts, put the protest aside until afterwards.

I'm sorry Pafell but you will not keep a lid on football fans who have seen their side win a handful of games in a year. This was always going to happen, be it at Blackburn Rovers or anywhere else.

You seem very naive about how football crowds react to events, and as for the child, it's a learning experience for them, just like some of the dicey stiff we witnessed as kids.

Of course you cannot keep a lid on how football crowds react. There is no doubt that there is ample reason for the protests. But it is the method that I object too. You only have to read various posts on this site to see supporters turning on each other - bare in mind only about 700 supporters come on here. A number of times Glen has said people are free to make their own choice. But look what happens when they do - they are jumped on and abused.

Supporters turning on each other is going to get worse, not better. Eventually it may lead to violence, which will then make things even worse.

No I was not at the stoke match. Yes Venkys and Kean are responcible for what is happening at the club - that is plain and simple. People bring up the arsenal match which rovers won. Yes there were protests before and after the match. But during the match fans got behind the team. That is where the difference is. That method is the right approach and is likely to gain more support for the protests. Before the match and afterwards protest as much as possible. But when the match starts, put the protest aside until afterwards.

I'm sorry but it seems to me that you haven't got a clue on how the emotions kick in on match days at the moment. You had to be at Stoke yesterday (and tbh the last five or six games) to understand the genuine frustrations we are feeling. That frustration is manifesting itelf into anger. I don't want to protest, far from it but my emotions and frustrations are getting the better of me and that takes over from supporting the team, particlarly if we go behind. And I can guarantee that will be my mind set until drastic changes are made and we rid our club of the parasitic imbeciles which have been foisted upon us. And I will challenge anybody who tries to deny my the right to protest face to face and argue my point. After the match yesterday we clapped the team off but the imposter was given pelters.

On one of your earlier points I took my nine year old nephew yesterday and the language and behaviour around us was very good.

I admire Glen and co for what they are doing however what will it achieve?

Are the owners going to sell up? NO.

Are the owners going to sack the manager? NO.

Will the protests effect the owners into action? NO they will simply stay away from games.

That being said is it not better to to back the players by cheering them all the way as opposed to the booing and negativity that it is creating? I am merely offering an alternative viewpoint and expect to get roundly minuses and shouted at but it's a shame that fans are turning on one another but I honestly cannot see what we can do, any glimmer of hope would be gladly taken on by myself by the ITK's.

You don't go to any games !!

Archived