BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

If we go down, so be it - but we need Venkys/kean gone, then and only then, can we rebuild.

And how unnecessary and sad that would be.A situation brought about by utter stupidity and naivety,a total refusal to listen to those around while the ship was sinking.What is happening here at Ewood is woefully unexceptable to me and thousands of other supporters..the 'so be it' mentality is absolute ###### and is one that should not be excepted by anyone who gives a damn!

20 years of hard work,trust building and progression both on and off the field of play at this club is being systematically destroyed..I'm so angry at what is going on here I'm finding it hard to put feeling into words.

:angry2:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how unnecessary and sad that would be.A situation brought about by utter stupidity and naivety,a total refusal to listen to those around while the ship was sinking.What is happening here at Ewood is woefully unexceptable to me and thousands of other supporters..the 'so be it' mentality is absolute ###### and is one that should not be excepted by anyone who gives a damn!

20 years of hard work,trust building and progression both on and off the field of play at this club is being systematically destroyed..I'm so angry at what is going on here I'm finding it hard to put feeling into words.

:angry2:

Don't be so easy on the Raotards. It's 136 years of our history that they are in the process of destroying.

Asking fans not to show their total displeasure during games is fantasy island stuff Pafell.

If you are really so offended by the fans voicing their displeasure, then you would be best advised to join the protests. Sacking Kean and getting a decent manager in would unite the fans straight away. You're tackling the symptom, not the cause.

Your focus is misguided.

The reasons for the protests are right. It is the method that is wrong and clearly not working.

Most want venkys and Kean out, which I also want.

Another way is needed. Because what people are doing now is not working.

Legendary result v a very strong Plymouth team with the lethel Rafferty and Mariner up top. Top of the table (3rd Div) clash which we won 5-2 from 0-2 down? I missed that I was playing down Plessy fields and kept hearing the cheers from Ewood.

Remember that one - Plymouth coaches arriving in Blackburn at 8.00 in the morning and wasn't it Mick Hickman who we'd just signed from Grimsby for £10thousand who netted twice on debut ?

The reasons for the protests are right. It is the method that is wrong and clearly not working.

The point is, that the protests will only get worse. There is one single move that can unite the club and fans in a stroke. Sack Kean and get in a good manager. If you don't like the protests during a game - and no-one does, then get rid of the cause of the protests. Posting on here is pointless. The only way things are going to get better is by getting rid of the manager. Either that, or he's going to take us into European form overnight.

Apart from that, I think the protests are working.

Face up to reality Pafell.

The point is, that the protests will only get worse. There is one single move that can unite the club and fans in a stroke. Sack Kean and get in a good manager. If you're against these protests during a game, then back the protesters and get rid of the cause of the protests.

I agree. Though get rid of venkys would achieve the same.

The only suggestion I can think of is a large petition with supporters names on it. To send to Qatar. Pleading with them to push hard to buyout venkys. It is something that has not been tried.

Who knows if Qatar know they already have the support of the fans, they may try harder to buy the club.

But they will want a club that is in the prem.

Asking fans not to show their total displeasure during games is fantasy island stuff Pafell.

In fact it is the only way forward now. It is the only way to make the point loud and clear.

I am beyond caring about how it affects the players. If there is no in your face protest, then the impact of the 'minority' will be minimal, nothing will change and relegation will be a formality (if it isn't already).

For whatever reason I doubt Venky's will be sacking Kean soon, but that doesn't mean we should let our club be ruined without a fight.

For all the fence-sitters, stop being so naive and WAKE UP FFS!!

If current protests are not working then why are other clubs, such as Stoke yesterday, being asked by Rovers to keep anti-Kean and anti-Venky banners etc out of their grounds? Why do Rovers have to send staff to away grounds to instruct the home stewards in their job?

What are Rovers afraid of? It surely can't be the minority that Kean cannot see or hear?

Pitch Invasion? Are you nuts?

We've seen recently that some people within the club is prepared to alienate the fans who protest regardless of the negative PR it generates. (The music during the protest, the last minute banner ban etc).

A pitch invasion just gives them (quite justifiably in my opinion) the perfect excuse to ban the protesters (or at least anyone flagged as a ring leader or influencer) from Ewood altogether.

I know people are desperate to do something that will make a difference, but a pitch invasion will just generate loads of negative press for the protesters (not the club) and make it much harder to organise anything in the future.

Even if I thought something could be achieved from protesting (and I'm now confident it can't), the problem all along is that if the protests didn't work at the first attempt, they had to be escalated to keep people backing them, but if they ARE escalated more people will see it as going too far (as many did with the plane) and stop backing them. So sadly, in their current form, the protesters are doomed to fail whatever they do. A Plan B is now essential, but a pitch invasion is not the way.

I agree. Though get rid of venkys would achieve the same.

The only suggestion I can think of is a large petition with supporters names on it. To send to Qatar. Pleading with them to push hard to buyout venkys. It is something that has not been tried.

Who knows if Qatar know they already have the support of the fans, they may try harder to buy the club.

But they will want a club that is in the prem.

People mass emailed them a couple of week's back when the news broke. Already been done.

So what now? accept it and just accuse them who are vocally protesting at this manager (which surprised the owners last week) of taking the club down?

it can also be argued that your actions are as equally damaging, could it not?

the protests are getting bigger and louder, they have now hit away games, and next Saturday the vocal disapproval will be louder than it ever has been, once this happens nobody can hide behind a minority. It's just a shame it has taken so long for others to join in.

For doing it to a normal person I would imagine anywhere between community service and a year.

...In Keans case I'd imagine a knighthood and freedom of Blackburn would be in order!

At what point do we get to when a mass boycott will be considered?

First week of August...

Why do Rovers have to send staff to away grounds to instruct the home stewards in their job?

This isnt unusual. At every away match I have been to in recent years there has always been a contingent of Rovers staff "assisting" the home stewarding team.

Im a bit surprised they have been able to influence other clubs over what clothing and banners are acceptable though.

There doesn't need to be a plan B Glenn.

Protests or not I think the Ewood faithful will eventually go nuts spontaneously at some point. There won't be any organization it'll just be a big angry mob. Kean and co are really pushing the limits of the normal easy going Rovers fan at the moment, I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Sadly that won't help the club as I fear by that time we will be as good as relegated.

Im a bit surprised they have been able to influence other clubs over what clothing and banners are acceptable though.

I did wonder at the time if the stewards problem with the BRFCS flag at Norwich was genuinely a fire risk issue (as they claimed) rarther than some attempt to prevent protest banners (which it wasn't, but nobody asked). I'd have thought it was more of a fire risk wadded up in the bag than it was unfurled (they didn't want to take it off me, just make sure I didn't get it out).

Still, next time I'm asked to provide a fire certificate for it, I should be able to oblige :)

Archived