BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Good work on the protests it has my backing. I don't want rovers to win another game with kean in charge that includes tonight and Saturday if kean remains. If we brought in a proper manager right now the chances of staying up are slim. Leave kean in charge and we are down already that simple.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got slated paffell because you started to say Rovers fans are 'killing the team' and other such inflammatory outbursts

Ok by saying killing the team. I mean that if supporters got behind them (team) all the match then the performance and the results could be better. I suggest supporters can have a role in helping the team to 3 pts.

Inflamnatory outbursts? Such as? I have repeatedly said I am for the protests and understand the reasons for them. But not if the team at the time are winning or even as Kamy has said still 0 0. That is the only difference. Though Kamy has used better words than I have.

My concern has also been that other people at the match, may also take offence if the protests are going on at the time the team is winning. That could lead to fans turning on each other and maybe even getting violent - which I suggest and hope nobody wants.

Not only is this a must win game but it's also very winnable. I am ''anti-Kean & whomever our Owners are'' but I can only see protests during the game having a negative effect on the game as far as Rovers are concerned. If we are winning the majority of fans will be roaring the team on - if we are losing then IMO protests will develop naturally and with more participants.

The planned ''walk-off'' is a worry and could easily cause a lot of angry flashpoints around the ground. Seating at Ewood is IMO cramped at the best of times and when taking part in the walk-off you have to expect your seating neighbours to politely move to allow you to move out/in. Will they? Well that depends how the game is going and who your neighbours are......

I think you have fallen into the trap of trying to get too organised.

That is a very good point in my view. Protests will come naturely, but at least give the team a chance to win first.

We are living in extremely difficult times as far as Rovers is concerned.

So far, the club has, seemingly, not reacted to the protests and, IMO, treated the supporters with contempt.

Pressure is now building in the press, where, at last, in most quarters, they seem to be waking-up to the fact that our club has big, big problems.

The plan of action might just bring things to a head and a conclusion.

IMO, our players are not without blame, they should have told Kean that they were going to acknowledge the support at Wigan and if he didn't like it then tough. What would he do, drop them all, fine them all - the genie would have been well and truly out of the bottle. Please correct me if I'm wrong but there didn't seem to be much acknowledgement from the players either at Stoke.

Things can't go on like this as, IMV, our club is being poisoned and ripped apart and, IMV, the alienation of any club's supporters / organisation's customers is the ultimate disaster for any club / organisation.

The clock is ticking and it might already be too late for our club, IMO, to be dragged back from the abyss.

IMO, the crime would be to do nothing and let the club die with barely a whimper.

We are living in extremely difficult times as far as Rovers is concerned.

So far, the club has, seemingly, not reacted to the protests and, IMO, treated the supporters with contempt.

Pressure is now building in the press, where, at last, in most quarters, they seem to be waking-up to the fact that our club has big, big problems.

The plan of action might just bring things to a head and a conclusion.

IMO, our players are not without blame, they should have told Kean that they were going to acknowledge the support at Wigan and if he didn't like it then tough. What would he do, drop them all, fine them all - the genie would have been well and truly out of the bottle. Please correct me if I'm wrong but there didn't seem to be much acknowledgement from the players either at Stoke.

Things can't go on like this as, IMV, our club is being poisoned and ripped apart and, IMV, the alienation of any club's supporters / organisation's customers is the ultimate disaster for any club / organisation.

The clock is ticking and it might already be too late for our club, IMO, to be dragged back from the abyss.

IMO, the crime would be to do nothing and let the club die with barely a whimper.

I have to say that I agree with everything in your post.

Things are just so desperate now that I just want us to get a win on Saturday. The horror of that is that it keeps Kean in a job.

This is a living nightmare.

I would just like to say today is Tuesday and lots can happen between now and Saturday, Its vitally important that we keep the media on board as their change of opinion over the last couple of weeks is aiding the supporters concerns, at a time when communication is not the greatest. If we was to go to the media now and say that we are not planning any more protest we would look

1. Silly, as our position is much worse than it was when they started three months ago

2. The media would then not keep the pressure up which we require, e.g ask the questions on our behalf.

3. We would be accepting defeat and putting a greater risk factor on people's safety, There has already been arrest and injury at non-organised protests

4. Our message would be lost in translation as the media wnt report on crowd reaction to how the game has panned out.

This is about the long game, and also about finding solutions amiccably with the club, There is far more than just one issue here, Its not just the Manager and results, its the full package,

Removing Kean is not going to provide a quick fix, as many other problems off the pitch are equally as bad if not worst.

I have had a brief chat with Paul Hunt this evening, which was a little more progress, We need to keep our eye on the end goal, which is a well run Blackburn Rovers from top to bottom. Many objections which we have encountered in recent weeks although took on board are not helping the situation. We are making progress and like anything providing progress is being made then a light can be seen

Saturday = Doomsday.

We are no longer a "normal" football club with an aim of finishing as high as possible in the league. We seem to be deliberately set out to get relegated.

Something stinks big time at Rovers, Not sure exactly what it is, whether it's gangsters or some other agenda, I don't know.

Things just aren't right. Things just do not add up.

There are just too many unanswered questions to bizarre incidents and behaviour.

Frenzy of hatred from me on Saturday I'm afraid.

Can l urge anyone who is thinking about boycotting the Swansea game or is just too angry to show up - please, please, please come down to Ewood on Saturday. The expression "Taking one for the Team" has never been more poignant.

This is the game we show Kean/Venky's that we the people of Blackburn and the defenders of Jacks legacy will not be lied to and brushed aside. This is OUR club, this is OUR town, this is OUR Ewood.

Get to Ewood on Saturday and let Kean and Venky's know THIS IS OUR HISTORY they are destroying - you will not be alone.

From skysports.com regarding Kean promising to meet the fans:

Forum

The Blackburn boss also said he is willing to meet fans who have been calling for his sacking.

"If there is a forum put in place for me to meet the fans and talk about the football side of things then we will do that. I don't know if it's just that. I hear maybe it's the finances and the organisation as well.

"Maybe they need to meet the directors and myself."

What a little worm he is. Blaming the directors now. Common!! :angry:

From skysports.com regarding Kean promising to meet the fans:

Forum

The Blackburn boss also said he is willing to meet fans who have been calling for his sacking.

"If there is a forum put in place for me to meet the fans and talk about the football side of things then we will do that. I don't know if it's just that. I hear maybe it's the finances and the organisation as well.

"Maybe they need to meet the directors and myself."

What a little worm he is. Blaming the directors now. Common!! :angry:

Think you may have misunderstood that?

I posted the post below earlier in another thread, but it obviously sits more comfortably here. Kamy & Tom (and others that have advocated no protest during the game), please confirm when you would advocate such action? Never, or when we were a certain number of points adrift of safety? (By the way, I respect the work and support Kamy n Tom constantly provide on behalf of the fans):

I'm afraid the vast majority of Rovers fans at Ewood don't feel strongly enough about Kean and his record, as clearly shown by the relatively small numbers protesting after the last home game. The fans, as agreed, were broadly supportive during the game and Kean, in my opinion, has not felt the full force of the fans' frustration.

I previously agreed with the sensible, logical voices who insisted we keep our Kean/Venkys protests for after the game, but surely even these voices of reason can accept that unless we physically force Kean to resign, we will be relegated into the footballing wilderness.

The only access to Kean, except for those of you planning to hunt him down, for the majority of fans is on Saturday at 3pm.

Trust me this will not happen but if we made every second a living hell for him, he would crack one way or another. His voice and verbal blunders tonight showed he's not far away.

I don't in any way wish him ill-health, but we need to make him 100% sure he is no longer welcome at our club by any true Rovers supporter.

This will not happen, of course, as there will be open warfare in the Riverside and JW as there are thousands still who don't agree with any type of dissent, but who cannot suggest an alternative to save our club.

So, it is not now an attempt to encourage the Venkys to fire him, but purely our attempt, on Saturday, to make the abuse so clear to him for 90 minutes, that he feels he has no choice (for the sake of his family, friends etc, or any other reason) but to agree that he has taken us as far as he can do, and resign.

This, I feel, is down to the Blackburn End, and as many as are brave enough in the tunnel sections of the enclosure.

This would work, but we need to brave the physical abuse that will come our way from what may still be a majority who prefer to sit on their hands as Ewood burns(apologies for the metaphor-mixing)

I was one of that majority until tonight.

Think you may have misunderstood that?

Did I?

We want Kean out - he is not our man, never has been and he is untruthful, he seems to be reporting only to Venkys and there is no communication between Venkys and "the board", the directors. Talking to the directors would get us nowhere, simply because they dont know anything! And he is suggesting that some of the responsebility lies with the directors. How can that be when he is in fact the only person Venkys talk to?

• Backroom

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against venting during the game but I will personally wait until I feel it's right, ie my

Full focus at kick off will be getting behind the team, if things go awry then it's fair game and I will be giving it both barrels.

I appreciate not everyone agrees with this sentiment and no doubt some will even call me fickle for that but so be it.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against venting during the game but I will personally wait until I feel it's right, ie my

Full focus at kick off will be getting behind the team, if things go awry then it's fair game and I will be giving it both barrels.

I appreciate not everyone agrees with this sentiment and no doubt some will even call me fickle for that but so be it.

Tom, I don't call you, or anyone else, fickle, but I think we can all now accept that the wait and see approach has not worked and we are 5 or 6 games away from an irretrievable position.

I know you are as loyal and as frustrated as anyone else, and before tonight's utter capitulation I also thought we should save the protests until after the 90 minutes.

I have now had a Road to Damascus moment which has clearly shown me that it is only unbearable pressure on Kean that will force him to

see sense. I, like many others, do not believe Venkys will act until it is too late.

As I write this, however, I am acutely aware of the perspective we have all been given by the sad loss of Gary Speed, and as said above, I hope Kean sees the light before his health is affected.

We must let him know the sheer emotion, frustration and strength of feeling and the ONLY opportunity to do this is between 3 and 5pm on Saturday, and at every other game, home and away.

As also said in an earlier post I am fearful that such action will turn fans on each other but if we wait 'til everyone is on board, we will be 15 points adrift of safety.

I have never booed a rovers player in 40+ years but if such abuse could be directed at Kean, in addition to clear, clean (this is v important) anti-Kean chanting, there must be a higher chance of him finally getting the message.

It's incredible what this game does to us. Sensible, calm, reasoned family men and women turned into gnashing, seething, wailing banshees by the lifelong love of our football club.

Giving up for another day.

Apologies if this has been dealt with previously but could someone please explain why the ever-popular 'Protest' thread is not Pinned?

Seems an arbitrary decision, surely it isn't to show the Mods/Board are independent of the protests.

I thought Topics/Threads were pinned in relation to their imortance to members and relevance to the community.

Many thanks.

Archived