BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

No I was not at the stoke match. Yes Venkys and Kean are responcible for what is happening at the club - that is plain and simple. People bring up the arsenal match which rovers won. Yes there were protests before and after the match. But during the match fans got behind the team. That is where the difference is. That method is the right approach and is likely to gain more support for the protests. Before the match and afterwards protest as much as possible. But when the match starts, put the protest aside until afterwards.

Forget the Arsenal game. I am talking about from the time Kean took over. Answer the question.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too late now, we are nailed on for relegation

So why the hell should we give anyone at the club an easy ride for dragging our name through the mud for the last 12 months?

Also, the players aren't exactly blameless in all these defeats.

If we go down, so be it - but we need Venkys/kean gone, then and only then, can we rebuild.

When venkys first took over, it was right to give them time to see what they would do. It wasn't long before most realised they were not up to the task. The appointment of Kean was just plain wrong from the start. I have not been all over the place for months. I have wanted venkys and Kean out for ages. I used to get PM's from some on here telling me to stop going on about wanting Kean out.

I have also never said don't do anything. Why should a parent not be allowed to take a child to a football match. The kids are the clubs future supporters.

2 posters "minused" my post that you're responding to Pafell------you and hesfromburnley! You're in good company pal.

Forget the Arsenal game. I am talking about from the time Kean took over. Answer the question.

In answer to your question, which I have already answered. Kean is responsible for the teams performance. That is every match. Kean is not able to motivate or encourage the team he sends out. That is obvious.

Because of that, this is where the fans come in. Supporters have to do what Kean is not and cannot do. That is to encourage them to play better.

That is where I differ with the protests. We have already seen that bad results are having no affect on venkys and Kean. To be honest, I have no idea where supporters should to from here. All supporters are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The only solution I can think of is to try to force venkys to sell. I suggest supporters try to contact representatives of Qatar pleading with them to push venkys to sell. There must be a way that this can be done. If Qatar receive bundles of requests from supporters it may encourage them to try harder to buy the club. I suggest Kamy etc draw up a detailed request letter / petition that we can all put our names to. Then send it to Qatar.

Ironically that is a form of protest in itself. But it is the only option I can think of that is left to supporters.

I personally don't believe that Rovers fans are making much of a difference to the players performances right now when trying to forget kean and concentrate on the game.

Sadly while i'm up for protesting I don't see it saving our club. Right now it feels like we are pretty much helpless in the situation and all we can do is hope that Venky's sell up and a genuine person (or people) buy the club and take it forward, without Steve Kean involved.

In answer to your question, which I have already answered. Kean is responsible for the teams performance. That is every match. Kean is not able to motivate or encourage the team he sends out. That is obvious.

Because of that, this is where the fans come in. Supporters have to do what Kean is not and cannot do. That is to encourage them to play better.

That is where I differ with the protests. We have already seen that bad results are having no affect on venkys and Kean. To be honest, I have no idea where supporters should to from here. All supporters are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The only solution I can think of is to try to force venkys to sell. I suggest supporters try to contact representatives of Qatar pleading with them to push venkys to sell. There must be a way that this can be done. If Qatar receive bundles of requests from supporters it may encourage them to try harder to buy the club. I suggest Kamy etc draw up a detailed request letter / petition that we can all put our names to. Then send it to Qatar.

Ironically that is a form of protest in itself. But it is the only option I can think of that is left to supporters.

That didn't do much for Hodgson, Kidd or Ince, did it, Pafell? And I don't remember those three suffering protests from their own fans. Yes, sometimes the fans can be a twelfth man, but you've got to have a capable manager in the first place. If we are fundamentally disorganised as a team, it won't matter how much gusto the fans give the players.

Way, way before the Dalgliesh (sic) days, the 70's from memory

Legendary result v a very strong Plymouth team with the lethel Rafferty and Mariner up top. Top of the table (3rd Div) clash which we won 5-2 from 0-2 down? I missed that I was playing down Plessy fields and kept hearing the cheers from Ewood.

Mike Hickman (just signed from Grimsby ? ) scored a hat-trick day. Didn't do much else for Rovers after that if I recall. One of the great Ewood matches.

With regards to the protest debate, fans do get behind the team during matches but when you are 3-0 down and bottom of the league and there seems no hope is there any surprise that fans start to voice their disapproval ? Pafell's suggestion that the protests yesterday contributed to the defeat are of course complete nonsense.

Sorry Jim, you've been on the Wincarnis again. The Scorers were Beamish 1, Martin 2 and Hickman 2. I could only go to a handfull of games that season but the Plymouth game was one of them. Great game and a great atomosphere. Re Mariner and Rafferty, I thought Rafferty was twice the player Mariner was that day but Mariner went on to be an England regular and Rafferty never really made it to the big time.

I don't really buy the theory that the fans are affecting the players so much that we're losing points. Yesterday was at Stoke, and they looked like they could cut through our midfield and put pressure on our penalty area with ease. That is more than just a confidence thing surely. The time has come to stop fighting amongst ourselves, and unite to remove Kean and Venky's before the club is utterly smashed and we're programming Underhill into our Satnvs.

Good post. I can understand protests before and after the match. But.kick.off, during match is madness. The players ARE BEING AFFECTED by the protests. Venkys and Mean are destroying the club. But the protesters are destroying the team.

The protesters played a role in giving 3.points to stoke today.

Absolute rubbish! pafell you must have the memory of an average goldfish and the footballing nous to match! From the safe hands of Brown, Williams and Allardyce we have had 12 months of lies, deceit, losses, demoralisation, humiliation, media scorn etc etc under this malicious shower. Since Kean took over we have exhibited form which would see us relegated every single year that the prem has existed. Which manager in their right minds would have sent a midfield full of ballerina's into the bear pit that is the Brittania stadium? I couldn't believe the set up yesterday when I watched the match on tv. Soccer suicide. Footballs equivalent of the charge of the Light Brigade. Do you expect people to sit in their hands and do nothing when they see the sh1t that is happening to the club? If the players are affected then so bloody what cos with that team set up that the incompetent bald git sent out we'd have got beaten yesterday no matter what! I still dont know why but I swear us hitting the bottom is now by design. Those 'protestors' had spent time and money trapping up to see a team that would / could not have won in 99 games out of a hundred. Those players are at best bit part players in the 130+ history of the club whilst the supporters constitute the fabric of the club itself. They cant upsticks and find another club in summer like the oplayers will. If the players are affected then so what? Who cares? We are becoming so far adrift that they no longer are involved in our demise. There is more at stake than the sensitivities of a collection of random Carlos Kickaballs. If they are professionals they had better toughen up and turn their anger into aggression. If not it hardly matters anymore.

Sorry Jim, you've been on the Wincarnis again. The Scorers were Beamish 1, Martin 2 and Hickman 2. I could only go to a handfull of games that season but the Plymouth game was one of them. Great game and a great atomosphere. Re Mariner and Rafferty, I thought Rafferty was twice the player Mariner was that day but Mariner went on to be an England regular and Rafferty never really made it to the big time.

Stand corrected on that one. Memory going. Plymouth must have brought 5,000 plus fans - I remember the ground being a sea of green and white and blue and white. Good set of fans - no trouble at the game. Mariner was from Chorley - how did Rovers and the other Lancashire clubs miss him ?

Stand corrected on that one. Memory going. Plymouth must have brought 5,000 plus fans - I remember the ground being a sea of green and white and blue and white. Good set of fans - no trouble at the game. Mariner was from Chorley - how did Rovers and the other Lancashire clubs miss him ?

Plymouth brought about 2500, crowd was over 17000. There was trouble after the game.

• Moderation Lead

I just don't see any other remaining options aside from a mass pitch invasion

Organised protests haven't had the desired effect and have been repeatedly ignored, chaos it seems is the last throw of the dice.

That will teach this mob not to mess with something so precious to us all.

I cannot understand people continually hammering the protesters, yes you may not agree with it, but they have a right to protest and you should respect that right.

Our support is full of middle class prawn sandwich eating silent types, we need people with working class values that are concerned with bringing about change, the protesters give us hope, keep up the good work.

:tu:

I damn well like that, young man. :tu:

I shall be walking down Livesey branch rd, chest out, ready to fight for something I have loved for many a decade! :brfc:

I just don't see any other remaining options aside from a mass pitch invasion

Organised protests haven't had the desired effect and have been repeatedly ignored, chaos it seems is the last throw of the dice.

That will teach this mob not to mess with something so precious to us all.

See, that won't work. Kean will still put a positive spin on it:

After Blackburn's hard-fought 3-0 defeat to Swansea, Steve Kean dodged a broken beer bottle before applauding the home fans' defiant celebrations, "Today was like winning the cup for our fans today. They appreciate how weselves are playing and made that clear with the pitch invasion. It's only a small minority who didn't support the lads and remained seated."

• Moderation Lead

See, that won't work. Kean will still put a positive spin on it:

After Blackburn's hard-fought 3-0 defeat to Swansea, Steve Kean dodged a broken beer bottle before applauding the home fans' defiant celebrations, "Today was like winning the cup for our fans today. They appreciate how weselves are playing and made that clear with the pitch invasion. It's only a small minority who didn't support the lads and remained seated."

Kean could probably put a positive spin on being assaulted with an offensive weapon...

My god I hate the man.

No I was not at the stoke match. Yes Venkys and Kean are responcible for what is happening at the club - that is plain and simple. People bring up the arsenal match which rovers won. Yes there were protests before and after the match. But during the match fans got behind the team. That is where the difference is. That method is the right approach and is likely to gain more support for the protests. Before the match and afterwards protest as much as possible. But when the match starts, put the protest aside until afterwards.

Asking fans not to show their total displeasure during games is fantasy island stuff Pafell.

If you are really so offended by the fans voicing their displeasure, then you would be best advised to join the protests. Sacking Kean and getting a decent manager in would unite the fans straight away. You're tackling the symptom, not the cause.

Your focus is misguided.

Asking fans not to show their total displeasure during games is fantasy island stuff Pafell.

If you are really so offended by the fans voicing their displeasure, then you would be best advised to join the protests. Sacking Kean and getting a decent manager in would unite the fans straight away. You're tackling the symptom, not the cause.

Your focus is misguided.

As we are being run by clowns why not wear red noses, they are easy enough to get hold of and it will benefit a charity, also they would never dare to take them off the fans, just a thought.

When this club hurtles down the divisions, it will be the likes of the fans that were down at Stoke who will still be travelling the breadth of the country watching their team, to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night, to Bournemouth, to Brentford.

It will be those fans who will still be putting their money into buying season tickets when Ewood is a desolate place struggling to pull in 8000 crowds.

So, to see posts that have the nerve to say THEY are destroying the team and not Venky's, Anderson, Kean and the rest of the scum that have somehow occupied our football club, I find it beyond offensive. Those fans have dedicated their lives to following their football club and will be there to pick up the pieces.

wow, hesfromburn gives me a minus just to be petty, how grown up of you!!!

hesfromburn went through the Jack Walker anniversary thread giving a minus to all the posts paying tribute to Jack Walker! Immaturity is the least of his problems.

When this club hurtles down the divisions, it will be the likes of the fans that were down at Stoke who will still be travelling the breadth of the country watching their team, to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night, to Bournemouth, to Brentford.

It will be those fans who will still be putting their money into buying season tickets when Ewood is a desolate place struggling to pull in 8000 crowds.

So, to see posts that have the nerve to say THEY are destroying the team and not Venky's, Anderson, Kean and the rest of the scum that have somehow occupied our football club, I find it beyond offensive. Those fans have dedicated their lives to following their football club and will be there to pick up the pieces.

If i could give this post +1000, it would still warrant more! excellent Matty

Archived