BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

I suspect there are many like me that don't take kindly to people like Glen telling them that if they don't do what they say then they don't deserve a premiership club - despite all the evidence suggesting that the protests have achieved absolutely nothing, and may have even contributed to the pig-headedness of the idiots that run this club now. I'll register my own dislike of the current situation, manager and owners in my own way thank you very much.

Its that typical bury the head in the sand attitude which has kept Kean in a job. Like it or not, for every supporter who has not shown discontent at matches he has used you as a statistic to support his theory that the majority of supporters are behind him, That is the very statistic the owners have used to give him a new contract, and the very same statistic that has us now bottom of the league.

Stop looking for excuses for why you have done nothing, I don't care if you protest or don't, If more supporters had protest weeks ago, i'm pretty sure we would already have another Manager. It seems some people will move the goal post to make excuses for their lack of action, whilst others who was patient have now had enough and will join in with the rest of us.

The group who has been protesting for weeks will continue to do so, if you want to join in great, if not then thats your choice. Lots of supporters sulking about the position we are in, but also lots of supporters who won't do anything about it, Protesting may achieve nothing, but then again doing absolutely nothing will certainly achieve nothing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect there are many like me that don't take kindly to people like Glen telling them that if they don't do what they say then they don't deserve a premiership club - despite all the evidence suggesting that the protests have achieved absolutely nothing, and may have even contributed to the pig-headedness of the idiots that run this club now. I'll register my own dislike of the current situation, manager and owners in my own way thank you very much.

Could you share what your own way is?

No problem if you don't but it may give others who don't want to protest a way of displaying their dislike of the owners/manager.

Its that typical bury the head in the sand attitude which has kept Kean in a job. Like it or not, for every supporter who has not shown discontent at matches he has used you as a statistic to support his theory that the majority of supporters are behind him, That is the very statistic the owners have used to give him a new contract, and the very same statistic that has us now bottom of the league.

Stop looking for excuses for why you have done nothing, I don't care if you protest or don't, If more supporters had protest weeks ago, i'm pretty sure we would already have another Manager. It seems some people will move the goal post to make excuses for their lack of action, whilst others who was patient have now had enough and will join in with the rest of us.

The group who has been protesting for weeks will continue to do so, if you want to join in great, if not then thats your choice. Lots of supporters sulking about the position we are in, but also lots of supporters who won't do anything about it, Protesting may achieve nothing, but then again doing absolutely nothing will certainly achieve nothing.

You don't know me so I'm not sure why you seem so certain about what I have or haven't done? And what excuses do you think I'm making? If you think that if 500/1000/5000/10,000 more fans would've got the manager sacked then I don't agree with you.

Your logic is flawed. There are plenty on here who think that a boycott is the best form of protest. With your logic that means that because you actually go to the games that you don't deserve a club. Probably not true is it I'm guessing, but that's what you're saying about others.

Still, if it makes you feel better to blame the rest of us then so be it

Keep up the good work Glen, you've got my support in this issue. I saw us go down in 1966 and it took Jack Walker and the best part of 30 years to enable us to live the dream again. I can remember the times in the old div 3 when the likes of Shrewsbury dicked us 7-2 ! That's exactly where we're heading if we do nothing.

Could you share what your own way is?

No problem if you don't but it may give others who don't want to protest a way of displaying their dislike of the owners/manager.

Well as you ask I've joined one of the marches, I've joined in the chants and I was very supportive (unlike some) of the plane. What will I do going forward - I'm not sure. But I won't be bullied into anything by anyone

For nearly 3 months a hardcore group of supporters have fought to stop us getting into the position we are in now, We have been ridiculed, called a minority, told are efforts are in vein, been accused of being an embarrassment and many other accusattions have been thrown our way.

Today we sit bottom of the league, and still I see supporters on different social network sites making excuses.

If you really care about our club, you will but personal opinion to one side and fight for it, This takes every single supporter from every single stand, to satnd up and ,make a stand for this club. If you do not then frankly you do not deserve a Premiership team.

I appreciate many wanted to give the manager more time and wanted to see how things panned out, but that 3 months have hanging about has put us in a position were relegation now looks guranteed.

Stop the squabbling, get off the fence and show some balls, come the swansea match of you don't stand as one then shame on you. There will be lots of supporters standing up for our club and those supporters need your help, The longer you remain quiet the deeper the clubs troubles become

The choice is yours

Venkys as well as Kean are destroying the club. But protests started from kick off today. This effects the players, team moral etc. You are destroying the team. You are playing a role in the bad results the team are.

You have crossed a line.

Keep up the good work Glen, you've got my support in this issue. I saw us go down in 1966 and it took Jack Walker and the best part of 30 years to enable us to live the dream again. I can remember the times in the old div 3 when the likes of Shrewsbury dicked us 7-2 ! That's exactly where we're heading if we do nothing.

I guess the point some people are making is that its where we are heading anyway if the Raos don't sell the club. To me, Kean is a mere distraction now.

He'll get booed anyway and so he should but Venkys won't appoint a better manager, they simply don't care what happens to the club. There'll be a fire sale when we go down (not if) and they'll get their money back and more (if they haven't already got it from mortgaging the Club's future income).

Day by day its becoming more and more obvious why JW and Tom Finn had to go, and Sam before him. Nothing to do with football at all. We have been told nothing but lies.

Venkys as well as Kean are destroying the club. But protests started from kick off today. This effects the players, team moral etc. You are destroying the team. You are playing a role in the bad results the team are.

You have crossed a line.

Oh so if the protests didn't start from kick off today, we would not of lost?

Its time we had a bonfire and burned an effigy of Kean. Make it a fundraiser for a local charity and the W@nkys would be hard pressed to try to stop it. The press would turn up to see it especially if it was done in a Christmas pantomime type way with much booing as the effigy of Kean is carried out and so on.

I got a ban for suggesting that SK and venkies showuld be put on a bonfire. But then again I have suggested that the ff resign and actaually do something to protect the club's long term future. Silly me!

Good post. I can understand protests before and after the match. But.kick.off, during match is madness. The players ARE BEING AFFECTED by the protests. Venkys and Mean are destroying the club. But the protesters are destroying the team.

The protesters played a role in giving 3.points to stoke today.

You don't know me so I'm not sure why you seem so certain about what I have or haven't done? And what excuses do you think I'm making? If you think that if 500/1000/5000/10,000 more fans would've got the manager sacked then I don't agree with you.

Your logic is flawed. There are plenty on here who think that a boycott is the best form of protest. With your logic that means that because you actually go to the games that you don't deserve a club. Probably not true is it I'm guessing, but that's what you're saying about others.

Still, if it makes you feel better to blame the rest of us then so be it

Many do believe a Boycott would work, problem is I dont think enough would Boycott, around 4000 already don't go games and if say for e.g another 5000 did not go, I still don't think this will have an effect.

The answer none of us know, I have never felt so helpless as a supporter of our club. We have absent owners, half a board room and an incompetent manager

Good post. I can understand protests before and after the match. But.kick.off, during match is madness. The players ARE BEING AFFECTED by the protests. Venkys and Mean are destroying the club. But the protesters are destroying the team.

haven't you seen the video where the players are clapped and cheered off the pitch but Kean is booed and jeered, I don't think the players can be under any illusion as to who the protesters have an issue with. They aren't stupid.

WHAT A LOAD OF s$$$ the protestors have a right to protest after the events of the last 7 days starting at the diabolical performance at the leagues worse side wigan, then after match gestures by Kean to the travelling Rovers fans WTF do you expect ??? the news finally breaking of his contract being signed sealed and delivered despite what steve liar kean has been stating in the press also the game live on sky was an opportunity to good to miss to the let the rest of the country know what we think of coco/venkys.....

You have crossed a line.

I really don't get this whole 'blame the fans' position people are taking. The protests started at the Arsenal game. Which *whisper* we won.

Go back and have a look at Kean's record prior to the Arsenal match.

Honestly, if the fans weren't protesting, people would be blaming lack of fan protests as the reason. Kean has been shrewd in harnessing this fan-against-fan situation. It's taking some of the heat off himself and clouding the issue.

The fans need to visibly and vocally unite against the imposter. Not because they are 'being told to do so' but because it's the right thing to do.

Let's not be relegated with a whimper, let's go down kicking and screaming so we can at least hold our heads up high and tell our kids and grand-kids that we at least tried.

(By 'kicking and screaming', note I'm NOT advocating violence - just to be clear!)

This is the sort of thing Steve Kean loves to hear!!

You cannot choose to slag the protesters off for their efforts and then moan when its pointed out you do nothing but criticise kean on a message board and sit on your hands when you can vent your feelings.

It goes both ways - if you don't like to be criticised for doing nothing, don't criticise those for doing something

haven't you seen the video where the players are clapped and cheered off the pitch but Kean is booed and jeered, I don't think the players can be under any illusion as to who the protesters have an issue with. They aren't stupid.

Yes I didsee the video. But that support should have been given to them during the match. Not when it was over. Yes there are ample reasons to protest, which I agree with. But the method is wring. Rovers need to win matches, no matter what kean and co do.

Venkys cannot keep the team in the prem neither can Kean. But the players can. They need the fans support whilst the match is on.

I had a friend contact me today, who took his 8 year.old to the match. He told me she was terrified and in tears, because of the aggression around her. I find that totally unacceptable that a child should have to endure such behaviour anywhere, let alone a football match. Something for you to consider. A horrible line was crossed today.

I will be making my own protest from now on ...AS a season ticket holder for than 30 yrs , I will not set foot on Ewood park again until this imposter has gone !!!!

If , I do I will be arrested for invasion of a sporting arena and assault , enough is enough ...

“You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!”

KEAN you are an imposter ! Go and take VENKYS with you ...

You have crossed a line.

So be it.

Short term pain for long term gain.

How come it can't sink in?

Instead of trying to make people understand through Messageboards and Twitter where you are only reaching probably 15 to 25% of fans get Andy Cryer and Andy Bayes onboard, between them they must have 60 to 70 % of fans listening and reading.

My old man does'nt own a PC, he does'nt use a mobile phone and he would'nt know who Jerome Anderson is or what Twitter is, but he has had a season ticket for as long as I have been alive and there are thousands the same as him.

You must widen your approach before you will get the majority behind you, look at the average age of Rovers fans and not just the ones around you.

People pay their hard earned cash and have the right to say what they want ...We had no chance today , we are rudderless heading for the rocks big time ..Please do not criticize the supporters who went ....

The players are not bloody good enough and the manager is a joke !

You have crossed a line.

Absolute Rubbish. I can't believe a sentient supporter of the club can be so misguided.

Instead of trying to make people understand through Messageboards and Twitter where you are only reaching probably 15 to 25% of fans get Andy Cryer and Andy Bayes onboard, between them they must have 60 to 70 % of fans listening and reading.

My old man does'nt own a PC, he does'nt use a mobile phone and he would'nt know who Jerome Anderson is or what Twitter is, but he has had a season ticket for as long as I have been alive and there are thousands the same as him.

You must widen your approach before you will get the majority behind you, look at the average age of Rovers fans and not just the ones around you.

problem is ... that is exactly why we have been selected for this grooming and rape! we need to TELL the traditional generation exactly what is going on. enlighten them and leave them in no doubt about the future.

Whatever anyone does here is not affecting the V`s in any way......Simples.. the only way to affect change is to bang the drum where they can hear it.The Indian media is the only answer,we need to get heard over there.One way of doing it is to add ours, the fans opinions to newspaper articles on sites like newsnow.When I say articles I mean try and single out the Indian newspapers that are giving them the p.r. to promote themselves, They either don`t care or are given the edited version of whats going on over here so with nobby telling them its a small minority they might not realise the full extent of our pissoffidness.(that`ll be in next years oxford dictionary,remember you heard it here first)All the articles carry the national flag for the country that the newspaper originates from.

In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious. Probably the daftest post I have seen on here for some time.

Yes I didsee the video. But that support should have been given to them during the match. Not when it was over. Yes there are ample reasons to protest, which I agree with. But the method is wring. Rovers need to win matches, no matter what kean and co do.

Venkys cannot keep the team in the prem neither can Kean. But the players can. They need the fans support whilst the match is on.

I had a friend contact me today, who took his 8 year.old to the match. He told me she was terrified and in tears, because of the aggression around her. I find that totally unacceptable that a child should have to endure such behaviour anywhere, let alone a football match. Something for you to consider. A horrible line was crossed today.

Piffle Pafell. You've been all over the place for months. You were one of those urging us to give Kean and Venkys more time, now you want Kean/Venkys out but you don't want anyone to do anything.

Given the situation we are in, deep anger is what you can expect from fans right now. I wouldn't take a small child to a Rovers away game in these circumstances but, don't worry, she'll have the away stand to herself next season.

For the umpteenth time, the players have our support, the owners and manager do not and never will. Just stop posting this cringing crap.

Archived