BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea (Home)

sijoco

• Backroom

- play our fittest players who track back and tackle (Pederson)

Tackle, Pedersen? :lol: recently he prefers giving the ball to the opposition rather than taking it off them.

One of my mates txt me just now saying he's won a contest in the Guardian for the Rovers Vs Swansea match, do I want to go? I actually can't because I have a previously scheduled date with the missus in London (she studies there, and i'm in Ipswich, so we don't see each other all that often) but what surprised me is how 'meh' I feel about missing out.

In previous seasons I would have been absolutely gutted to miss the chance to go to Ewood. I get to go there so rarely that usually I treasure any trip to watch the lads play... unfortunately this is not a usual situation. I genuinely am not that bothered that I can't go. The only reason I'd want to go is to join in with the protests and scream 'Kean Out' until my lungs were bleeding.

If we win, then it'd be a muted celebration at best because it means he still stays in a job and I still believe we'll get relegated. If we lose we are most certainly down, if we draw then it's same old same old. Saturday really is a no win situation in so many ways that the joy I used to get from going to Ewood has been snatched away from me entirely. Thanks, Venky's.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tackle, Pedersen? :lol: recently he prefers giving the ball to the opposition rather than taking it off them.

One of my mates txt me just now saying he's won a contest in the Guardian for the Rovers Vs Swansea match, do I want to go? I actually can't because I have a previously scheduled date with the missus in London (she studies there, and i'm in Ipswich, so we don't see each other all that often) but what surprised me is how 'meh' I feel about missing out.

What kind of rubbish competition offers Rovers vs Swansea tickets as a prize!!!!! :!: :blink: :blink:

If we lose the game Kean may get sacked but survival would be almost impossible.

If we win Kean will almost certainly keep his job and we will definitely be relegated.

It is almost too late to sack him now because we have one foot in the relegation trapdoor.

• Backroom

What kind of rubbish competition offers Rovers vs Swansea tickets as a prize!!!!! :!: :blink: :blink:

:lol: he's a United fan as well so not sure why he entered. Told him not to expect much, he has agreed to join in with the Kean Out chants and protests though.

Its time to recognise there are too many dollopers in the first team. Attackers who don't believe in defending (Yak, Roberts, Hoilet), defenders who don't know how to defend (Givet/LB and Selgado). Midfielders who are lightweight. Our priority now is one thing only, clean sheets. Otherwise we are down. I expect us to score occasionally.

Our problems are mainly twofold. Attacklers who do not defend leaving the whole team exposed. Fullbacks who are useless Selgado/Givet who are responsible for most of the goal chances we conceed. WE MUST DEFEND FROM THE FRONT....

Its time to;

- bring in Jackson Ramm at right back.

- play two up top who will chase and defend (from Formica/Vukcevic/Goodwille)

- play Olsson at left back

- have a captain who opens his mouth and shouts at players - and preferably in English

- bring back Nelsen when fit alongside Dann

- play our fittest players who track back and tackle (Pederson)

- consider using our best player - and fittest - Samba as the holding midfield player.

- work on Hoilet and Rochina's defensive duties

- Ship out Roberts and Selgado

- Sort out a decent penalty taker

- sort out defending at set pieces (woeful)

------------------- Robinson -------------

Ramm --------- Dann ------ Nelsen ------- Olsson

Hoilett ------ Samba ----- Pedersen ----- Rochina

-----------Vukcevic ------ Goodwille ----------

Bench - Givet, Bunn, Dunn, NZonzi, Formica, Slew, Ribero

Ths isn't pleasant or a optional choice but a forced choice in a crises

Christ how bad a team is that. Ramm , never played before. Dann and Nelsen ? Will Nelsen ever play again ? Ollson , the world and his wife knows he's not a left back. Samba and Pedersen in midfield ? Little and Large ! One can't tackle and the other hasn't got the mobility for midfield. Rochina ? I bet he's great at 5 a side. Yukevic and Goodwille up front. Is that what it's comedown to ? They'd struggle in the championship. Admit it Graham you've never been the same since your seeing-eye dog died.

Yak has scored 6 in 7 starts hasnt he?

I'd be tempted to see what Henley (not Hanley) could do at right back. Heard he's looked the better prospect out of him and Ramm. Would free Lowe up to have a go at CM which is his preferred position. Salgado would probably be a disaster against Swansea, they are quick down the flanks.

Robinson

Henley,,,,,,,Samba,,,,,,dann,,,,,,,,,ollson

Rochina,,,,,,,,Lowe,,,,,,,,pedersen,,,,vuckevic

Hoillett

Yak

That's what he should play but wont

I'd agree with that line-up and that it won't happen. I can see this being a draw 1-1 or 2-2. At least Ewood will get to see the promised high quality attacking football- but from Swansea. Just hoping that Kean and Venkys get a rough ride from the crowd...

I'd agree with that line-up and that it won't happen. I can see this being a draw 1-1 or 2-2. At least Ewood will get to see the promised high quality attacking football- but from Swansea. Just hoping that Kean and Venkys get a rough ride from the crowd...

Yep and I will agree with the score prediction. Swansea away from home very vulnerable (at home they dont conceed but away they do) at the back but also capable of a couple against the likes of defensive make up kean puts together so 2-2 sounds right.

Robinson

Henley,,,,,,,Samba,,,,,,dann,,,,,,,,,ollson

Rochina,,,,,,,,Lowe,,,,,,,,pedersen,,,,vuckevic

Hoillett

Yak

That's what he should play but wont

You think Dann's better at centre half than Givet ? I don't. Samba and Givet are our best pairing in my opinion.

And the four in midfield ! ? Now I know why we're bottom of the league.

You think Dann's better at centre half than Givet ? I don't. Samba and Givet are our best pairing in my opinion.

The 4 in midfield I'm taking from what's available on Saturday and only other 2 available are Dunn and Formica. Dunn is past it and Formica hasn't got enough steel for the middle and hoillett is better in the hole. And yes pedersen hasn't got much steel wither but more than Formica and he has plenty of experience and that's what we need in a dogfight.

Centre back yes I do believe dann is better than givet. I think givet has escaped a lot of criticism this and last season for umpteen mistakes, I believe he is a weak link.

The only time you'll see me behind Kean is to bury a hatchet in his back.

Don't get uppity matey. Only after queueing behind me with my big caveman club with cartoon nails sticking out of it. Only then do you get to kiss and oil and sharpen your hatchet, call it "my precious" and sink it into his back.

"But I didn't take any attacks from the front. It was a really good display by the front part of my body. I'm convinced that I am OK and will do better and get into the top ten of........"

The Black Knight of Monty Python's "The Holy Grail" springs to mind.

Its difficult to pick a competitive midfield from our squad isn't it? What alternative midfield would you suggest for Saturday? Not sure I can think of anything better. I suppose Olsson shifted to left midfield with Givet left-back but its the central midfield area that is weak (and has been for years).

----------------Robinson

Henley----Samba----Givet-----Olsson

Vukcevic--Lowe---Pedersen—Hoilett

-----------Rochina---Yakubu

To be honest we are desperate now. The players heads have gone down and the loss of Nzonzi deprives us of our one established central midfielder. Hoilett is off and is losing what commitment he has left. The only bright spot is that Rochina and Yakubu look like a decent pairing up front.

The midfield is appallingly weak right across it. Henley is a total unknown at right back, but is arguably a better bet than Salgado who cannot handle pace at all anymore.

I fear that as the players become ever more dispirited the work rate and focus will plummet and we could really start getting battered.

Put Grella in for Pedersen and that's how I'd line up. Pedersen is offering nothing at the minute except the uncanny ability to give the ball away almost every time he touches it; Grella, although a sick note, is 10 times the central midfielder Peds is.

Don't get uppity matey. Only after queueing behind me with my big caveman club with cartoon nails sticking out of it. Only then do you get to kiss and oil and sharpen your hatchet, call it "my precious" and sink it into his back.

"But I didn't take any attacks from the front. It was a really good display by the front part of my body. I'm convinced that I am OK and will do better and get into the top ten of........"

The Black Knight of Monty Python's "The Holy Grail" springs to mind.

"I've got no arms or legs left, but I'll take the positives and crack on."

Archived