SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Booing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is 100% Kean's fault.

If he hadn't goaded the fans at Wigan.

If he kept his ugly mug off the big screen and decently hid himself at the back of his technical area.

If he hadn't gone to the touchline and stood there like the least popular kid in the school team waiting for the star to high five him.

THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO BOOING.

Disagree, the booing makes us the fans look like muppets.

The players need our support and whilst I can see the reasoning behind the initial protests they are now pointless in their current form, we were winning hearts and minds until the booing, we even had fans saying 'want us to lose' before the game and slating fans for enjoying the win after!

What a surreal reality is the life of a Rovers fan.

I just wish the reporters, when Kean slagged us all off for booing, had pointed out to him that we were, in fact, only booing him and him alone, and not that we had scored (It really p1sses me off that he seems to get such an easy ride in interviews).

I was going mental when we scored, but the fact that the smug weasel deemed it necessary to join in the celebrations, just made me sick to the pit of my stomach and i certainly gave him the bird. As a mate (Liverpool fan) at work said, if any fans are all suddenly content with Kean cos of one result, then they are the fickle ones.

Disagree, the booing makes us the fans look like muppets.

The players need our support and whilst I can see the reasoning behind the initial protests they are now pointless in their current form, we were winning hearts and minds until the booing, we even had fans saying 'want us to lose' before the game and slating fans for enjoying the win after!

What a surreal reality is the life of a Rovers fan.

Well the booing muppets actually go to games Ffs The protests are not pointless ( how do you know ? Have you marched ? Have you experienced the atmosphere?)

Do / have you stood against people against you??

Booing thing is a difficult one, I for one back it. Would of done the same if I was there because I understand how gash Kean is and can see through his bull. BUT it does make us look incredibly bad to other fans who don't know what we're going through. That's what Kean is doing, turning everyone on the clubs fans. Shame the Yak has been caught up in it all as I'm really beginning to like the guy.

You misunderstand me ABBEY.

I admire and respect Glen and co for organising the protests, that is not what I would do but back their right for doing so and could see the point behind them. However in their current form how are they effective?

1. I said the booing makes us look like muppets I did not say that fans were muppets. Should a player be booed after scoring a goal like Yak was?

2. Do you agree with the fans who want us to lose matches or the ones giving others stick for enjoying a victory?

Kean out and Venkys out for me, I just think that other avenues need to be explored now as the protests have lost their momentum IMO.

• Backroom

It is 100% Kean's fault.

If he kept his ugly mug of the big screen and decently hid himself at the back of his technical area.

If he hadn't gone to the touchline and stood there like the least popular kid in the school team waiting for the star to high five him.

Sorry but I just don't buy it.

The position we are in is 100% Kean and Venkys fault this is indisputable.

Celabrating a goal that may have saved his job and at the same time lifted the team off the bottom is not something I feel we can criticise him for.

Yakubu went to Kean, not the other way around.

The booing after the goal was stupid IMO.

I admire and respect Glen and co for organising the protests, that is not what I would do but back their right for doing so and could see the point behind them. However in their current form how are they effective?

1. I said the booing makes us look like muppets I did not say that fans were muppets.Who cares if it makes us look like muppets to he media. If it keeps the pressure on Steve Kean, which undoubtedly it is, then it is worthwhile.

Should a player be booed after scoring a goal like Yak was? For the 1,000,001st time, the Yak wasn't getting booed, Steve Kean was.If the media want to interpret it differently fine. Everyone who was there including Kean knows this..

2. Do you agree with the fans who want us to lose matches or the ones giving others stick for enjoying a victory?

Not at all.

1. I said the booing makes us look like muppets I did not say that fans were muppets. Should a player be booed after scoring a goal like Yak was?

Kean out and Venkys out for me, I just think that other avenues need to be explored now as the protests have lost their momentum IMO.

He wasn't booed for scoring a goal - the booing was for Steve Kean and his reaction to the goal with Yakubu. Try attending matches and you might understand.

And please suggest other "avenues" instead of protests ? Invite Mrs D round for a cup of tea perhaps ?

I plussed one of your posts by mistake, meant to reply, the player was not bood, the joint actions of Yak and the Muppet were bood, as for wanting us to lose, in all honesty, to rid us of Kean, I would sacrifice one victory, gladly, god, he must have something really bad on the Raos for them to keep backing him and its nothing to do with football, I am digging like mad now to find out, hopefully something will turn up, now have people looking at Venkys/Raos worldwide, something will give soon!!

1. I said the booing makes us look like muppets I did not say that fans were muppets. Should a player be booed after scoring a goal like Yak was? YAK WASN'T BOOED

2. Do you agree with the fans who want us to lose matches or the ones giving others stick for enjoying a victory?WANT TO WIN EVRY GAME

Accept my apology then .

I just wish the reporters, when Kean slagged us all off for booing, had pointed out to him that we were, in fact, only booing him and him alone, and not that we had scored (It really p1sses me off that he seems to get such an easy ride in interviews).

I was going mental when we scored, but the fact that the smug weasel deemed it necessary to join in the celebrations, just made me sick to the pit of my stomach and i certainly gave him the bird. As a mate (Liverpool fan) at work said, if any fans are all suddenly content with Kean cos of one result, then they are the fickle ones.

Is Steve Kean not allowed to celebrate what was a brilliant goal by Yakubu? Of course he is. Some posters were suggesting that he was gesturing to the BBE in an hostile fashion when pictures from MOTD clearly show he wasnt. Some people are so anti-kean that they will interpret anything he does in a negative way.

I am a Rovers fan first and foremost and I was delighted with a win on Saturday. I sincerely hope that Kean wins the Manager of the Month for December as it means we have actually won some games! Surely we all want that dont we? If not then Ill have to change my definition of a supporter.

It is 100% Kean's fault.

If he kept his ugly mug of the big screen and decently hid himself at the back of his technical area.

Exactly - my impression was that it was prescripted on his part and if so, and it worked a treat from his perspective. He's clear agenda for a long time now has been to try and set fan against fan. He is one of the most shallow, insincere and frankly selfish individuals I have ever come across, ever. He hasn't got an ounce of decency or respect for BRFC in him - if he had, he simply wouldn't be here.

As ironic as it is, my gut feeling is that Yak's admirable 4 star show has effectively relegated us by prelonging the imposter's stay of execution.

I wonder if Yakubu will receive the same criticism and shuns from fans that Dunn did when he spoke his mind about the Kean situation. Dunn has been a failing player for a long time, but it took until his recent interview with the LET for people to realise. Funny that.

I plussed one of your posts by mistake, meant to reply, the player was not bood, the joint actions of Yak and the Muppet were bood, as for wanting us to lose, in all honesty, to rid us of Kean, I would sacrifice one victory, gladly, god, he must have something really bad on the Raos for them to keep backing him and its nothing to do with football, I am digging like mad now to find out, hopefully something will turn up, now have people looking at Venkys/Raos worldwide, something will give soon!!

Booing the joint actions of the Yak and Kean? They were celebrating a goal FFS, a vital goal when the pressure was on the manager, what should the manager do, he celebrated, he is human, he is not the anti Christ. If you could guarantee that a loss would result in Kean getting sacked then I will back your call, can you? As you can't then it is IMO a position that I can never adopt.

He wasn't booed for scoring a goal - the booing was for Steve Kean and his reaction to the goal with Yakubu. Try attending matches and you might understand.

And please suggest other "avenues" instead of protests ? Invite Mrs D round for a cup of tea perhaps ?

As said reaction was natural, he was certainly not goading the crowd as some implied.

Engage in talks with the management at the club, something which Glen has done, this needs to be pushed further, take an advert out on the front page of the Indian Times, that's two, do you think that the protests in their current form are effective?

Booing the joint actions of the Yak and Kean? They were celebrating a goal FFS, a vital goal when the pressure was on the manager, what should the manager do, he celebrated, he is human, he is not the anti Christ. If you could guarantee that a loss would result in Kean getting sacked then I will back your call, can you? As you can't then it is IMO a position that I can never adopt.

As said reaction was natural, he was certainly not goading the crowd as some implied.

Engage in talks with the management at the club, something which Glen has done, this needs to be pushed further, take an advert out on the front page of the Indian Times, that's two, do you think that the protests in their current form are effective?

Kean's mere presence in the technical area is enough to goad and upset fans - you should have been at Cardiff the other night. When did you last (have you ever) attended a match ?

Silly suggestions such as taking out adverts in the Indian Times and engaging in talks with owners are of course complete non-starters for ordinary lads from the terraces (as was). They rightly protest in the only way they know how.

After all the recent events it is that booing that has finally made us a laughing stock.

It's like the booing of Andrews.

Embarrassing.

The first time I've been ashamed to be a Rovers fan.

Finally?

Its shocks me that you can actually be embarrassed by the booing of Kean and not Andrews. Andrews is 100 times the player that Kean was and about 1000 times the man.

Kean's mere presence in the technical area is enough to goad and upset fans - you should have been at Cardiff the other night. When did you last (have you ever) attended a match ?

Silly suggestions such as taking out adverts in the Indian Times and engaging in talks with owners are of course complete non-starters for ordinary lads from the terraces (as was). They rightly protest in the only way they know how.

Are the protests in their current form still effective, yes or no?

You asked for suggestions I gave two, so they are silly, am sure if people spent enough time then they could come up with more.

Kean is the manager of our club, he is not the devil and some of the stuff being spread about him and Venkys is libellous (as Kamy said in the podcast), he is a human and think that he enjoys it when we score to take a lead.

Finally?

Its shocks me that you can actually be embarrassed by the booing of Kean and not Andrews. Andrews is 100 times the player that Kean was and about 1000 times the man.

I was embarrassed.

As mentioned in a previous post (which I don't blame you for not seeing) the Andrews incidents were not widely reported and so it was impossible for us to become a laughing stock from them as nobody knew about it.

I was embarrassed.

As mentioned in a previous post (which I don't blame you for not seeing) the Andrews incidents were not widely reported and so it was impossible for us to become a laughing stock from them as nobody knew about it.

But it WAS the first time you have been ashamed?

I just cant get my head around the fact that you feel he needs more time. To do what exactly?

Archived