BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Booing

Sorry but I just don't buy it.

The position we are in is 100% Kean and Venkys fault this is indisputable.

Celabrating a goal that may have saved his job and at the same time lifted the team off the bottom is not something I feel we can criticise him for.

Yakubu went to Kean, not the other way around.

The booing after the goal was stupid IMO.

It was utterly spontaneous. Nobody stopped to think about what the media might think.

It was entirely born of the loathing we feel for him.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly - my impression was that it was prescripted on his part and if so, and it worked a treat from his perspective. He's clear agenda for a long time now has been to try and set fan against fan. He is one of the most shallow, insincere and frankly selfish individuals I have ever come across, ever. He hasn't got an ounce of decency or respect for BRFC in him - if he had, he simply wouldn't be here.

As ironic as it is, my gut feeling is that Yak's admirable 4 star show has effectively relegated us by prelonging the imposter's stay of execution.

Sadly, I think you are correct in every respect.

We know that Kean gives instructions to the team about how they should behave in respect of the fans include that utterly disgraceful display of sending the players to the tunnel whilst he went to congratulate the match officials in the centre circle at Wigan.

There is an awful lot of naivety being displayed by posters on this thread at just how devious and manipulative Kean is.

I am afraid that as for me, I have developed an uncontrollable nervous tick. If I see Kean's picture, it gets the finger. If I see him at the football ground I yell Kean Out or Boo.

I don't know why people keep refering to 'Yakubu being booed' when it's patently obvious the boo's where aimed at Kean. I can understand the media wanting to portray it as such because it makes good reading but I'd would've thought that the fans on here would have had more understanding of the situation.

Myself, I booed after the first goal but only when I saw Kean doing his double fist pumping salute in the direction of the Blackburn End!

• Backroom

It was utterly spontaneous. Nobody stopped to think about what the media might think.

It was entirely born of the loathing we feel for him.

Spintaneous things can also be stupid things though.

Are the protests in their current form still effective, yes or no?

You asked for suggestions I gave two, so they are silly, am sure if people spent enough time then they could come up with more.

Kean is the manager of our club, he is not the devil and some of the stuff being spread about him and Venkys is libellous (as Kamy said in the podcast), he is a human and think that he enjoys it when we score to take a lead.

The protests are effective and are gaining in momentum and need to be maintained. It will need a concerted effort to remove Kean because he obviously isn'y going of his own accord. Rome or Pune wasn't built in a day but as Liverpool fans showed continuing pressure can bring the desired resuts. Now then, what are you doing to help ?

The protests are effective and are gaining in momentum and need to be maintained. It will need a concerted effort to remove Kean because he obviously isn'y going of his own accord. Rome or Pune wasn't built in a day but as Liverpool fans showed continuing pressure can bring the desired resuts. Now then, what are you doing to help ?

What tells you that the protests are working? Is it the numbers, maximum of 500 from a possible 20 thousand in the ground.

Is it the media coverage? We are now roundly being humiliated because of the booing.

Is it the fact that Mrs D clearly is effected by it? No as she gave Kean a new contract and as Kamy said in his podcast she does not bow down to this type of pressure.

So how are they effective?

So back to my original point I feel that we need to take a step back, regroup and then try something different.

Well, as I said in the other thread, it crossed the line in my opinion. If the people who booed right after the goal were so enraged by Kean's presence on the touchline, why didn't you boo the entire time he was there EXCEPT right after we scored? I remember the first time Souness came back with Newcastle, every time he set foot in the technical area the booing was deafening. People can be bothered to do it for a manager who promoted us and won us silverware but can't be bothered to do it for Kean, except for when a player celebrates with him?

Just found it weird, same applies to the fans decision to finish the game abusing Kean. The players put in a shift, people will say its only Swansea but a 2-goal win in the PL is never to be sniffed at. I agree with giving Kean stick during the game, but straight after goals and to round off the match? We're still Rovers fans, Rovers had just won and it'd have been nice to have a bit more focus on the players.

Spintaneous things can also be stupid things though.

But totally understandable and, by definition, unpreventable.

What tells you that the protests are working? Is it the numbers, maximum of 500 from a possible 20 thousand in the ground.

Is it the media coverage? We are now roundly being humiliated because of the booing.

Is it the fact that Mrs D clearly is effected by it? No as she gave Kean a new contract and as Kamy said in his podcast she does not bow down to this type of pressure.

So back to my original point I feel that we need to take a step back, regroup and then try something different.

I don't think you've answered Jim's question!

As stated the protests need to be maintained over a period of time - successful protests movements are those that stick to their task. It took Liverpool fans a good 18 months or so to get their owners out.

If you don't think they're working (which they are) how about suggesting a realistic alternative ? And what are you doing to help beside pontificating from the comfort of an armchair ?

[/quote

Please dont call her Mrs D, She hasnt earned any respect.

For the life of me I cant remember a time when we have scored and the big screen shows the manager celebrating, straight away. It smacks of a setup and by booing we played into his hands because now we look bad...

And at the time and from my seat it honestly looked like Kean was doing his fist pump towards the BBE, but motd showed otherwise so yeah.

But I would do it again in an heartbeat, as he is still an awful manager.

For these protests to be effective they need to be taken seriously by the media and neutral fans. Appearing to boo when the team scores and protesting after we win games just doesn't look good whichever way you spin it.

I know in this instance people have stated that it was only Kean that was booed and not Yakubu but that misses the point. We had just scored a goal. Its as if that fact is completely irrelevant and abusing Kean is far more important. Im not saying thats the case, but that is how it'll appear to a lot of people and the media.

These protests are admirable in many ways and I respect those that have participated and largely agree with all the sentiments behind them, however, Im still not convinced that protesting when we've won a game or when we're winning a game, does any good at all and unfortunately perception is important. If these protests are ridiculed (as they have been recently) then Kean/Venky's wont take them seriously and furthermore may actually make people sympathise with them.

I also fear that the chanting and protesting is falling on deaf ears. Venky's arent going to sack Kean simply because he's unpopular. He's only going to be fired if we repeatedly lose games. He'll either send us down himself or we'll be virtually relegated before a new manager comes in. Its a horrible situation to be in but if losing to a championship club isn't enough to get rid of Kean then a few more chants probably wont make a huge amount of difference either.

I was in the Darwen End, l booed when Yak high-fived Kean, i believe my words at the time were, "Why are you celebrating with that c***?" When Keans gone, you'll not be able to move for players coming out with quotes about what a cock he was, Yakubu included. I hate insincerity with a passion :angry2:

-1 from me for the first sentence. I was a bit hasty. Sorry.

You know who was being boo'd. Not the Yak. If the meda can't work that out then sod em.

As for your last part. I'm all ears. But I can't see any other option. Protests at the end of the game in the BBE? Waste of time, chanting at an empty directors box and home team dug out really is falling on deaf ears. Honestly, I don't have the answers, but alienating fans isn't the way to go. Oh for terracing, if you wanted to protest you could get-together, if you didn't, well, walk away.

Divide and conquer. Going well isn't it. The bstrds. It'll turn nasty at some stage. Bad stuff. The club aren't doing anything to prevent it. Not a thing. The manager is divisive and inflammatory, no one speaks to the fans. There are no leaders. No one is in charge, other than the bumbling clowns from Pune and Captain ###### Smug.

we all wear our hearts on our sleaves, football is an emotional game, we all (well most of us) hate kean with a passion and when he does something so obvious to goad supporters, lets be honest that was his intention otherwise he wouldnt have done something so over-the-top, then people are going to be outraged and upset. The guy cant help himself into saying things and doing things that get people's backs up, i booed because i hate the vile turd, had nothing to do with yakubu, kean alone.

As the media seem adamant that the boos from supporters are directed at the team, how about a chant along the lines of, we're not booing the team we're only booing kean.

i know its cheesy but at least there is no ambiguity, and it would be great to hear kean put his spin on it. :brfcsmilie:

Why do u all hate kean? Give him time, he doesn't want to fail and will keep us up!

Steve, just be a man, admit that you're not up to the job and resign whilst we still have a remote chance of staying up.

Oh and stop being such a knob.

I have been on all the marches and joined in all the protest as I was convinced some time ago that Kean and Venkys , in equal measure, are an insipid cancer on our club. When I use the word 'our' that includes ALL fans of all persuasions. I have supported Rovers since 1975 and have seen many teams and staff come and go,but the fans I went on Ewood with then are still fans now. This is our club and we have spiritual , if not actual,ownership of it.

I found myself having a slanging match with a fellow Rovers supporter at Wigan for joining in the anti Kean chants-I'm not proud of the fact that I lost my temper and things got heated. At half time I approached the lad an put my case and he put his-we agreed to disagree- but from there on respected each others view point .Afterwards I reflected on what a sad state of affairs it has come to when fan is falling out against fan.

I don't agree with booing as it could be misinterpreted as a criticism of the team-but I will continue to sing chants against kean and support the protest till he is gone, like a bad nightmare, from our club.

Match days are becoming increasingly more bizarre, I admit to contemplating the fact that after the "forfeit" debacle, a home spanking by Swansea would be the end of Kean. Logically, given all that has happened in the last year, the next thought is contemplating if you would take a loss to get him the sack. Many of us had this uncomfortable thought on Saturday morning.

I found myself sitting in Ewood, dressed in yellow when I normally always wear the famous blue and white halves, contemplating wanting Rovers to lose. Almost to a man, the "stand up if you want Kean out" chants brought supporters to their feet around me and every now and then a yellow balloon with "Venkys out/Kean out" bobbled past. Even the visiting supporters were joking about our poor excuse for a manager. I began to get more and more cross at Venkys and Kean for me being sat in yellow, half wanting Rovers to lose.

Then Gael Givet scampered down the left and cut the ball back for Yakubu to slash it into the top corner. It was a great goal and for a few seconds I forgot I was wearing yellow, I didn't notice the balloons and I felt as euphoric as I always have done when Rovers score. For those few seconds, Kean and Venkys vanished into the ether. Then, I noticed Yakubu heading for the touchline and to the manager. All of a sudden I was wearing yellow again, I remembered that our manager is still Steve Kean, and that our owners were asleep on the other side of the world oblivious to the fact that we'd just taken the lead.

I booed. As 47er says, it was spontaneous. I wasn't intending on doing it, it felt very strange, but it felt right at the time. It probably wont ever happen again, but the anger has been building and that moment left a bitter taste in many peoples mouths. Until the manager goes, that taste is sure to linger.

Archived