BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stephen Appiah

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I hate to give Kean any credit, this could be quite shrewd.

Bringing him in now gives us a few weeks to look at him first hand before the start of the window. If he's not up to it, nothing lost sign someone else. If he is, great use the money saved elsewhere.

Biggest positive of all is that someone inside the club must have noticed the giant Jermaine Jones shaped hole in cental midfield.

All that said though, I'd prefer we were doing this with Mamadou Diarra.

• Moderation Lead

Bargain basement again.....wish the owners would spend a good bit of money on a quality player that will IMPROVE our team.

Perhaps they dont trust Kean with the money after Petrovic & Dann's start?

Think he's exactly what we need providing he doesn't take too long to settle and slot in.

Bargain basement again.....wish the owners would spend a good bit of money on a quality player that will IMPROVE our team.

Perhaps they dont trust Kean with the money after Petrovic & Dann's start?

They just don't want to spend money full stop.

There is a reason Steve Kean is still our manager, and it isn't because Venkys believe he is a 'great thinker'.

They aren't in this to improve our club, or get us in to the top 4, or win us a cup. IMO they will not spend money unless we sell players (Hoillet & Samba).

The only logical solution at the moment for me is that they are here to make money out of us, nothing more. Hope i'm wrong!

They just don't want to spend money full stop.

There is a reason Steve Kean is still our manager, and it isn't because Venkys believe he is a 'great thinker'.

They aren't in this to improve our club, or get us in to the top 4, or win us a cup. IMO they will not spend money unless we sell players (Hoillet & Samba).

The only logical solution at the moment for me is that they are here to make money out of us, nothing more. Hope i'm wrong!

More bargain basement, journeymen signings. Just what we don't need! Clearly as Jim points out there is little money available unless we sell players. So much for billionaire owners!

I have absolutely no confidence in Kean to recruit the players we need after the way he has waxed millions making us much worse than before. Of his signings, only the Yak has nailed down a first team place, although a year down the line Rochina continues to improve and Formica shows glimpses. Dann has enjoyed some game time, but would have been dropped weeks ago if the Admiral had been fit.

Pet, Simon, Slew, GW, Ribeiro and Anderson....Currently contributing very little.

“Appiah impressed and was told by Blackburn boss Steve Kean that he has to work on his fitness level,” Oh well, might work out if HE works out...

5 years ago this would have been a brilliant signing. But then again 5 years ago he would not sign for us for all the chickens in the world.

Worth a punt. If he can get the magic back, he's the ideal player we need. Of course, that's the key word - IF.

He's been out of contract awhile, so I can't imagine his wage demands are going to be that demanding... but who knows?

I really don't see the problem with this deal at all.

We are short in the middle and can't do anything about it until january, transfer negotiations are protracted so could be a wait to get someone in.

In the meantime there's no harm at looking at Appiah, he was formerly a world class midfielder, even he has got 50% of what he had pre injury he will be hands down our best central midfielder.

The same thing is happening to the January transfer window as happened in the summer one.

Niko told us excitedly we were getting 50M to spend. Then the bank stepped in-------complete surprise to Venkys apparently and suddenly there was nothing in the pot.

We paid only one decent fee (for Dann) and the rest were the usual cheapies, hopefuls and veterans funded by the sale of Phil Jones of course.No money from Venkys.

We were told recently that Venkys had doubled the money available to Kean for January transfers and-------hey presto---- Barclays come a calling. They obviously didn't attend a Board meeting because the macaroons are scrumptious.

So the message to Venkys obviously is "get the debt down". Enter Stephen Appiah on a free, of course to possibly occupy the most vital position on the pitch, the one that's let us down all season. And he's a real risk in terms of fitness and injury problems.

There is no money. Venkys are running this club on a shoestring and the only players we will buy will be funded by the sale of the crown jewels in Hoilett and Samba.

The whole of next seasons Premier League TV money is mortgaged against debt to the bank. What happens when we go down?

Anyone think Venkys have a Plan B or any money of their own to put in?

They are running this club on a wing and a prayer and gambling with the future of a local institution that has stood proud since 1875.

We are indeed another Portsmouth waiting to happen.

The same thing is happening to the January transfer window as happened in the summer one.

Niko told us excitedly we were getting 50M to spend. Then the bank stepped in-------complete surprise to Venkys apparently and suddenly there was nothing in the pot.

We paid only one decent fee (for Dann) and the rest were the usual cheapies, hopefuls and veterans funded by the sale of Phil Jones of course.No money from Venkys.

We were told recently that Venkys had doubled the money available to Kean for January transfers and-------hey presto---- Barclays come a calling. They obviously didn't attend a Board meeting because the macaroons are scrumptious.

So the message to Venkys obviously is "get the debt down". Enter Stephen Appiah on a free, of course to possibly occupy the most vital position on the pitch, the one that's let us down all season. And he's a real risk in terms of fitness and injury problems.

There is no money. Venkys are running this club on a shoestring and the only players we will buy will be funded by the sale of the crown jewels in Hoilett and Samba.

The whole of next seasons Premier League TV money is mortgaged against debt to the bank. What happens when we go down?

Anyone think Venkys have a Plan B or any money of their own to put in?

They are running this club on a wing and a prayer and gambling with the future of a local institution that has stood proud since 1875.

We are indeed another Portsmouth waiting to happen.

So in short, you're not a fan of Appiah?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3984798/Blackburn-target-Stephen-Appiah.html

The sun have written a very brief article regarding Steve Appy and Rovers.

BLACKBURN manager Steve Kean is weighing up a short-term deal for ex-Juventus ace Stephen Appiah.

The former Ghana midfielder, 31, has been a free agent since leaving Italian club Cesena at the end of last season.

DO NOT WORRY PEOPLE!

I had a dream last night that we signed Shaqiri and Javier Pastore.

Robinson

Lowe Samba Givet Olsson

Hoilett Pastore NZonzi Simon

Shaqiri Rochina

It was beautiful.

Archived