BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stephen Appiah

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you got any money to spend in January?

Last time i was on here you had £50 million to spend? all lies?

Best if the owners sell up.

:tu:

Roberto's been away a few months and he's sussed out Venky's after just a couple of posts...... have you got a yellow and black t'shirt Roberto??

Yes, predictably it's been all lies and bull Roberto. We've been completely stitched up.

Who knows. Probably a little bit once weve auctioned off our star players.

They could have sold to the same guy that owns PSG and Malaga. And made a massive profit.

They, in typical fashion, decided that rejecting the once in a lifetime, insane offer, was the best route to go down.

Never mind the 50m mate.. they didn't even put in the full promised 15m when they took over the club (as proven by annual companies house report).

They could have sold to the same guy that owns PSG and Malaga. And made a massive profit.

Was that true? read that somewhere last week.Very worrying if true.

Club reminds me of my club Torino,old board got sacked,and new board didn't know alot about football.Clubs been floundering ever since.

• Backroom

Why sell? It's not like Venky's bought a club in a sport they had no idea about, made a total dog's dinner of the entire thing, had become despised by most of the fans, had the club on a slippery slope to relegation and obscurity and were then given an offer to sell the whole thing before it was too late and make a profit in the process...

Oh, wait :blink:

• Moderation Lead

Why sell? It's not like Venky's bought a club in a sport they had no idea about, made a total dog's dinner of the entire thing, had become despised by most of the fans, had the club on a slippery slope to relegation and obscurity and were then given an offer to sell the whole thing before it was too late and make a profit in the process...

Oh, wait :blink:

Too many things don't add up do they? They could have gotten out, sold up, made a profit- win win!

Was that true? read that somewhere last week.Very worrying if true.

Club reminds me of my club Torino,old board got sacked,and new board didn't know alot about football.Clubs been floundering ever since.

There was an interest.

Appiah is fine as a gamble if others are going to be signed, but if he is seen as THE solution then we are in big trouble.

This is the kind of signing we should/would have been making under a limited budget. Now that we have owners with 'money', its worrying we are still relying on picking up a free transfer to bring in a decent, experienced midfielder. He clearly has talent and intelligence as a Footballer given his CV, but I worry about what I've read about his tendency to pick up injuries. I'm sure we have a holding midfielder with that kind of problem somewhere?

His so called CV reads 22 games played in the last 5 seasons, a period which covered his peak years. We shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.

Makes Vinny Grella look like the Six Million Dollar Man.

This is the kind of signing we should/would have been making under a limited budget. Now that we have owners with 'money', its worrying we are still relying on picking up a free transfer to bring in a decent, experienced midfielder. He clearly has talent and intelligence as a Footballer given his CV, but I worry about what I've read about his tendency to pick up injuries. I'm sure we have a holding midfielder with that kind of problem somewhere?

Plus we don't have the right manager for this kind of signing. Hughes for fitness, Allardyce for attitude, Kean for... something.

This guy is well past his sell-by date and any reputation he had will follow him to the treatment table.

Its only meant to be on a pay as you play deal.

So whats the harm in trying it, if it doesn't work then we haven't lost out.

If he rediscovers some kind of form, we actually have a decent cm partner for Nzonzi! (unless Nzonzi is sold!)

Eddies right. If it doesn't work out and he's the only one of his type that we sign, then we are back where we started from. If we sign 2 for that position then it could work out.

However why are we interested in him as opposed to say one of those Spurs who rarely get a game? Surely the answer is--------because he's free!

There is no money, there won't be 2, therefore its an enormous gamble (like Weasel was).

I remember when Stephen Appiah was one of the most dominant centre midfielders in Europe back in his days with Juventus. Injuries have obviously taken their toll and he's play little or no football over the past couple of seasons. In saying that, we are so short in the midfield at the moment, there is no harm in looking at him and seeing if he can be a short term solution at least. If it's pay for play deal, then we won't lose much on him.

It's obvious that Venky's are being tight, didn't realise the huge costs associated with running a club, signing players and haven't the sort of money that they let on. So if it means bringing the guy in on trial and seeing if he can get fit, stay injury free and give us another body in the midfield, well so be it.

Archived