BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Injuries

sijoco

I can't help but notice the amount of injuries Rovers has had this season. Granted, many can't be helped (Givet & Salgado today) but we appear to be losing on average 2 players per game. It's a simple question to anyone with any experience in physical conditioning but can strains and pulls be avoided by training better or harder?

I can't help but notice the amount of injuries Rovers has had this season. Granted, many can't be helped (Givet & Salgado today) but we appear to be losing on average 2 players per game. It's a simple question to anyone with any experience in physical conditioning but can strains and pulls be avoided by training better or harder?

I dont know if harder is the word, but Majiball is an expert in this field and would be the right one to ask!

In simple terms I dont think we are anywhere near as fit as we were under Hughes. This isnt helping

You just cannot rush people back from muscles injuries, they are either fit or they arent, Olsson today a key example. We are having to rush people because our squad is paper-thin on quantity and quality.

• Moderation Lead

I've noticed we seem to pick up far too many injuries over the years, Steven Reid being an example of a player injured for ages who then has played pretty much all games this season for WBA.

I definitely think the players aren't looking fit at all in the main.

Two are down to Kean bringing players back when not fit- Nelsen and Olsson.

This is why Phil Batty and the rest of the medical staff left; a lack of integrity in the reporting relationships and the need for a Chairman who knows what he is doing in dealing with world class sports medics.

Of course this is so far beyond Mrs Dessai's comprehension, we might as well be writing in ancient Icelandic rhunes for all she woul understand of the issues involved.

The majority of our players haven't got 90 mins of football in them .....We look knackered after70 mins in every game ..Something is lacking on the training pitch.

We were lagging after 50 minstoday. Its down to an ineffective pre season, Im no fitness expert but that stupid decision to make 1 sub in the asia trophy vvilla was ridiculous.

• Backroom

The players had no energy whatsoever to try and attack today. We looked horrifically out of shape after about the 50 - 60 minute mark.

Olsson's injury is all Kean's fault for rushing him back. A terrible decision and if I was Olsson I'd consider moving elsewhere, as the manager clearly does not have the player's best interests at heart if he's rushing him back from one injury and causing another. Wasn't there another player that Kean done the same thing to?

In many ways the players run the show anyway. Givet got an injury against Newcastle and told Kean he was staying on. Kean doesn't have the authority or the balls to stand up to one of our senior pros and say "no, you're hurt, you need to come off". For a coach, no problem, they just need to advise anyway. For a manager, however, it's these types of decisions that you're paid to make - you don't let the players decide for you and then try to cover up your weakness by calling said player a "warrior" for continuing.

Is anyone else really, really concerned about Gael Givet's welfare tonight? The Sky commentators reported from the Rovers camp what seemed to me a very flippant remark about a little heart problem that he's had for a while but isn't really serious. It's a HEART problem. Could a problem with any other organ in your body be more serious? And as for this 'He's had it for a while' stuff, I'm afraid I feel a touch of the Victor Meldrew's coming on again. Wasn't there also something mentioned about Givet shirking it off and wanting to carry on playing? I'm sorry but where was the medical advice in all this? Stuff a player's desire to carry on playing if it's endangering his health. Which brings us back to the title of this thread.

Courage, mon ami et fais pas attention au con***d!

Back to Gael Givet - another flippant comment on MOTD2 about him just having heart palpitations - again. AGAIN?!? Words fail me, apart from, if anyone's able to pass this on to Gael: 'Y a pas d'honte à dire que t'en as eu assez. On te comprend, les fans de BRFC. On apprécie vraiment tes efforts et avant tout, ' faut reconnaître que ton bien-être soit essentiel.'

here you go Dawn.

Many people suffer from palpitations, myself included. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the heart itself. Usually the palpitations are caused by the electrical signals to the heart and sort themselves out naturally. I guess the tests will be to make sure that this is the case and that there is no problem with heart failure or any of the other potential, actual heart problems

BTW, that piece says that Givet, Olssen, Salgado and Lowe are all doubtful for the W Brom game.

The majority of our players haven't got 90 mins of football in them .....We look knackered after70 mins in every game ..Something is lacking on the training pitch.

With the amount of running around these players do, it's no surprise.

Rovers fans seem to think guys like Rochina and Formica can run back and forth all game, and every time I see someone say it, I laugh at the hypocrisy of the matter.

Going from Sam's less athletic football, to this clown thinking players can do laps for 90 minutes...

Guest Rovers4Good

Would you want to play football in front of your own fans that are booing the manager? LOL

Most of the injuries are defo not serious and even the Nzonzi sending off, think he's done that so he can have a break from it. :)

Would you want to play football in front of your own fans that are booing the manager? LOL

Most of the injuries are defo not serious and even the Nzonzi sending off, think he's done that so he can have a break from it. :)

Lol. Joking aside, I get the impression that Steven actually cares. He does seem to put a shift in at least. As does Dunn by the way, just look at his opta stats. Yet he gets termed fat and lazy? Hmmm.

With the amount of running around these players do, it's no surprise.

Rovers fans seem to think guys like Rochina and Formica can run back and forth all game, and every time I see someone say it, I laugh at the hypocrisy of the matter.

Going from Sam's less athletic football, to this clown thinking players can do laps for 90 minutes...

not being funny but it's been 12 months since coco arrived, I could get almost anyone ready to run a marathon, competitively in that time frame..

I dont know if harder is the word, but Majiball is an expert in this field and would be the right one to ask!

Without knowledge of what they are doing day in day out it's a tricky question to answer. But we don't look as fit as most of the teams we have played this year and for me that tell's you alot.

Injuries wise we have suffered a high number of soft tissue injuries far more than you would expect. But since I saw what I did on saturday IE Olsson then I'm not 100% it's purely down to 'fitness'. Yes pre-season was shocking I remember being shot down for saying we wouldn't be fit enough, shock horror we seem not to be. I say this as we're well int the season and now is all about maintaining fitness levels. Anyway not for one second do I believe that any member of staff would have said Olsson's ready for 90, so I assume Kean would have asked or something said if not (that's what I would have done) and so feel it's most likely that Kean would have over-riden those voices. As such I wonder how often he does that? Does he talk with his staff a lot? Does he head their advice? You see Kean's been under the cosh since the season started so I wonder if he's been taken risks, when caution is best (38 matches total) and has played one or two when perhaps they chouldn't have?

It doesn't change the fact that our sports science support is lacking and by that I'm not reflecting on those their but we lack numbers in this departement and we have little scientific expertise, most clubs have several members of staff here, we don't even have a nutritionist. Some league one clubs do though just to put it all in perspective, the club should be doing more to recruit here.

Archived