SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How do we get Venkys out?

rovers11

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we can't get them out :(

Or we could all boycott a game and all go to KFC instead and send some pictures to them. :)

Of course we can. There is no football club without its fans. Onc of the reasons they have kept Kean on is becase they are happy for him to take the majority of the flak. They are scared of the attention turning onto them.

It's quite simple. Get relegated. They take all the money from the parachute payments and the money from the "fire sale" of any players. When the bank comes calling then Venkys London / Rovers can go into administration. The bank will look to sieze any assets they can - Brockhall probably (if that is Venkys). Then Venkys will leave with a nice amount of money and all that free publicity.

We'll then have our club back :tu: Although if we can still play at Ewood or not is open to question, and what division we're in is also anyones guess, we can train at Pleasy again.

Still, at least Desai is good mates with Mrs Kean. So it's not all bad.

Bob is right. Venkys will go under two circumstances; they sell or when we are relegated they close the club.

We will be very fortunate if the club survives this.

Nothing the supporters, organised protesters or not, has any influence on the self-centred, egotistical, poor little rich things from Pune.

Unfortunately we can't get them out :(

Or we could all boycott a game and all go to KFC instead and send some pictures to them. :)

Not a bad idea. Photos of thousands of fans in KFC with VENKYS OUT sent to the Indian media would probably scare them a bit..... though it would bring to an end any hope of a cash injection (if that possibility still remains...)

The way to get rid of them is embarrass them in India and damage their brand.

Supporters need tio get on the pitch in a mass protest at the next home match. If it is during the match and gets it abandoned so much the better.

The attendant worldwide publicity might persuade them owning Rovers is not in their best interests.

The way to get rid of them is embarrass them in India and damage their brand.

Supporters need tio get on the pitch in a mass protest at the next home match. If it is during the match and gets it abandoned so much the better.

The attendant worldwide publicity might persuade them owning Rovers is not in their best interests.

Something drastic has be be done. They are not listening to the more 'conventional' protests that rovers fans have been doing for a number of months. Damaging their brand is the only way.

Although it probably won't get rid off them any quicker we could get a little revenge.

Premier League football is watched in over 200 countries by 100's of millions of people.

Many of these people are aware of what the Raos are doing to this founder member of the league. I'm sure many are not.

We should all bombard global message boards, review sites, newspapers, radio stations, related food businesses etc. with the hard facts about what these charlatans have done to Blackburn Rovers.

Let these dumb, spoilt rich kids ( plus various football agents) know that they can't walk into OUR football club and OUR town and trample all over us.

We should go to war with these frauds.

Although it probably won't get rid off them any quicker we could get a little revenge.

Premier League football is watched in over 200 countries by 100's of millions of people.

Many of these people are aware of what the Raos are doing to this founder member of the league. I'm sure many are not.

We should all bombard global message boards, review sites, newspapers, radio stations, related food businesses etc. with the hard facts about what these charlatans have done to Blackburn Rovers.

Let these dumb, spoilt rich kids ( plus various football agents) know that they can't walk into OUR football club and OUR town and trample all over us.

We should go to war with these frauds.

That's exactly the attitude we need to have. We won't let them mess with our club and get away with it. This is where we fight back.

The reason they bought this club was to get the Venky's brand known in Europe, they've wrecked our club,they are hurting us fans, Let's now try and hurt them. At the moment all the world and India our seeing is our frustration at Steve Kean, let's now give the chicken pluckers everything and the kitchen sink.

I'm now resigned to the fact that we are as good as relegated and Saturdays at Ewood are no longer enjoyable,

never thought I'd even think of boycotting a Rovers match, but I would for the greater good. A mass boycott and an empty Ewood park for a P.L. match would get press coverage all over the world especially INDIA. How we could organise it I don't know.

If Keans in charge for Stoke the atmosphere is going to be toxic, and us fans are all ready getting negative press for the way in which we're treating Steve Kean, to get these pluckers out we need the press and all football supporters behind us, I think a boycott would be the most credible way forward.

A mass boycottt would send out completely the wrong message that the Blackburn public is not interested anyway and would reinforce the views of those that we are better out of the PL.

Rovers fans need to show they really care about the club with a show of force and anger. Get on the pitch.

A mass boycottt would send out completely the wrong message that the Blackburn public is not interested anyway and would reinforce the views of those that we are better out of the PL.

Rovers fans need to show they really care about the club with a show of force and anger. Get on the pitch.

Disagree. Fans have shown they care with force and anger and they have been (a) slated by the press and (B) ignored by the loons in Pune. If it was released to the press beforehand that a mass boycott was taking place everyone would be aware that the attendance would be low because we were boycotting the game rather than because we dont care.

You cant really embarass them in India. Their brand is not so well known that anyone really cares.

The mainstream media have now started reporting about under-fire Kean and very unpopular Venkys, but not many of the Indian football-following public see beyond the top 4 anyway.

Get rid of them..ok then what???? They would need to find a buyer...it took the trust long enough.

They would probably sell when (if) we get relegated.

If there could be a buyer that would be ok. Hopefully this time someone who knows football. But I imagine there would be a massive job to put the club back in order, I wouldnt expect someone to have loads of money its not like Venkys money dried up, we have never seen it they have just cut corners and are truing to run our premier league club on the cheap.

I think the interest from the Qatar group was fended off, there is not much hope really. They would have offered the most cash to Venkys to cluck off and they still said no.

When we are relegated, Venkys wont want anything to do with us, they might actively seek a buyer and cut their losses. I'd probably say that is the best hope we have got which keeps things legal :P

There will be no money to be made at Blackburn without a PL status.

I think we definitely need to start getting more efficient and precise with our targeting of the Venkys.

Many people have left really poignant and hard hitting posts on here but they could well end up buried under further pages of posts and unread by those that they are aimed at. We need the ITK people to let us know the habits of the Venkys employees that allegedly read this site. How often do they come on to it and at what times of day? Which sorts of threads are they likely to read? Or even better, somehow let it be known that Vinny or whoever is online and reading us, then wallop, all of us really go to town with our posts at those times.

Also, does anyone important in the Venky camp actually read the smellygraph? (I sincerely hope so; otherwise all Andy Cryer’s efforts are doing are selling more papers) If so, at what times of day do they read it and is there any way of contacting them, stoking up their emotions or even photographing their reactions as they read?

Lots of us have left posts on Indian press websites, etc. Again – who might be reading them and at what time of day? It’s all very well writing the most brilliant, emotional stuff but if it’s not posted at en effective time of day, it might be futile.

What we really need are Indian moles (cue a Bob funny or two) – Venkys employees to rebel and become subversive heroes for us. As people have mentioned, we have to get under the thick skin of Mrs Desai and not just be a minor irritation.

A boycott won't work, because at best a few hundred would join in.

Disagree. Think if a big noise was made about how Blackburn fans are boycotting the game, would you want to go?

It would be a like crossing the picket line when all of your colleagues are on strike.

Archived